Earthdance 2007

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
85 posts Page 1 of 4
spangk

I was just looking at the Sydney Earthdance lineup for 2007. There is still no music program up on it?? Did anyone find out more at the launch...

Will there be a psystage?

cheers :)
jaimz

spangk wrote :
I was just looking at the Sydney Earthdance lineup for 2007. There is still no music program up on it?? Did anyone find out more at the launch...

Will there be a psystage?

cheers :)

Program is announced this weekend. There will be a psytrance stage. Personally I'll be looking forward to seeing Ozzy and Infusion.

spangk

Nice work 8)

FeralBrown

INFUSION?!
As in THE Infusion? (Frank, Manny and Jamie)

SICK!!!

...but I thought they were down Melbourne way now... or are they back up this way again?[/i]

jaimz

FeralBrown wrote :
INFUSION?!
As in THE Infusion? (Frank, Manny and Jamie)

SICK!!!

...but I thought they were down Melbourne way now... or are they back up this way again?[/i]

I believe they are capable of inter-state travel.

FeralBrown

Sure... I just thought that either it was a psy act with the same name, or that they were back up here... I'd have thought the Melbournites would've snatched them up if they were still down there!
Ah well, their loss is our gain!
:D

brainstorma

infusion
mmmm

just more proof that all the best prog comes from wollongong

reik

I'll be at ED Miami or Sarasota this year.

Pete_Paranoid

Will there be a Earthdance at Byron this year?
I'd planned something special this year but due to a site problem looks like I won't on the Sydney crew this year. so I'm looking into the possiblity of changing sites. (I work with lighting, that's what I do!)
I have a mate who I've known since kindy that is a soldier (who regardless of the politics made a life pledge to the army, his comrades, and his country currently working in the solomans now, so this event is really important to me.
It's really sad and disappointing as it's one of my two favourite events that won't be happening this year.
Sorry to put a wet blanket on everything!

FeralBrown

^whu?
Can you elaborate?

Tamworth has some pretty good outdoor live music event facilities, and a pretty vibrant local event-supporting spirit (council and civilians alike)... it's real short notice and stuff, but if you're interested, drop me a line...

jaimz

Earthdance website has been updated!

http://www.earthdance.org.au/mambo/inde ... Itemid=264

It's important people know this year that there's no BYO - we're having to fence off the whole park and have bag checks in order to enforce this. However we are ensuring there will be reasonably priced beer available at bars throughout the site!

rollyz

Meh! Capitalist Pigs! Its always about money! Wheres the love? Where's the peace? Never more than 5 year long..... :(

rollyz

Fruck! just looked at teh site........ Free Entry...WITH A GOLD COIN! WTF? And a $2 GOLD COIN at that shown! Pigs! Bloody commerical Pigs! I bet there will be no pass outs, and one will have to pay to get back in.....

Next year it will be a $10 enty... then $20.... $35... $45... $65..... and so on...

FeralBrown

Still no line-up?

FeralBrown

rollyz wrote :

Next year it will be a $10 enty... then $20.... $35... $45... $65..... and so on...

lom!
Just start saving ya pokie change...
for the $65 killah! ;)

d'ya think they'd let you in with 40x5c, or does it HAVE TO be gold?
:lol:

rollyz

hehehe... just get some gold paint and colour up a 5 cent piece :D

Not too fussed about giving donations for chartable works, but gating off the area with a APEC style Iron Curtain with 100s of butch security guards making you donate to peace before you get in is just wrong....

Next you will find in the market stall areas Army recuiting stands "helping world peace at the point of a gun"....

With the unnecessary increases in cost by global security terrorists, "helping you feel safe", I bet bugga all will be raised to go to charatable causes. I am yet to see security companies etc provide their time and resources for free....

ALEXUP

rollyz wrote :

Not too fussed about giving donations for chartable works, but gating off the area with a APEC style Iron Curtain with 100s of butch security guards making you donate to peace before you get in is just wrong....

Next you will find in the market stall areas Army recuiting stands "helping world peace at the point of a gun"....

With the unnecessary increases in cost by global security terrorists, "helping you feel safe", I bet bugga all will be raised to go to charatable causes. I am yet to see security companies etc provide their time and resources for free....

Just a quickie to organisers, how much was raised last year, and what was it used for?

Just curiouse as there were meant to be 30,000 +

spangk

jaimz wrote :
Earthdance website has been updated!

http://www.earthdance.org.au/mambo/inde ... Itemid=264

It's important people know this year that there's no BYO - we're having to fence off the whole park and have bag checks in order to enforce this. However we are ensuring there will be reasonably priced beer available at bars throughout the site!

A cue at Earthdance, what a novel idea.

I hope there will be access to the hills surrounding, the kids like to run around up there, big and little ones ;) I have to say, this fencing idea is the worst yet. With so few things like this happening anymore in our ever modern world, is a loss. Wouldn't it make more sense to spend the *fence* money on extra security?

Unfortunately i may be unable to make it this year, i`d be encouraged to drink way to much alcohol (not pretty) under such confined circumstances It just goes to show us, even though leaving the bush, bringing Earthdance to St Peters has been disappointing to some... *things could get worse* Lets hope it's a sunshiny day for all who attend.

ALEXUP

rollyz wrote :

Hahahah Who the fucks Idea was it to fence everyone in, and let someone sell beer?

Yeh Free party for Peace turns into Fenced in party, in order to sell beer.

"Give The Beer Barons a Chance"

Just Joshing guys, I'm sure there are very good reasons for fences and beer.
Prob one of the councils "Conditions".
Best of luck and we'll see you there.
Last edited by ALEXUP on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flashfire

Beer? :? Lots of people don't drink beer. If there is no BYO, will the vast quantity of those who can't/won't drink beer be catered for?

Also, I guess the pass-outs question is highly relevant - can we leave and get back in no problems?

jaimz

rollyz wrote :
Meh! Capitalist Pigs! Its always about money! Wheres the love? Where's the peace? Never more than 5 year long..... :(

Uh.. what? Where'd you get that from? Not everything is about money. Is this about the fence?

jaimz

rollyz wrote :
Fruck! just looked at teh site........ Free Entry...WITH A GOLD COIN! WTF? And a $2 GOLD COIN at that shown! Pigs! Bloody commerical Pigs! I bet there will be no pass outs, and one will have to pay to get back in.....

The donation is optional, if you really want to be a tight-ass. Tens of thousands of dollars poured into a free event to raise money for charity and you whinge about being asked to donate two dollars? You're a class A cock, Rolly.

jaimz

FeralBrown wrote :
Still no line-up?

There's an initial lineup on the site, full lineup will come later this week.

FeralBrown

:)
Cool!
and btw, I was just being a smart-arse... I'd happily give half my beer money as a donation...
I understand that what's gotta be done has gotta be done...
although the $s going to more security rather than a fence DOES kinda make more sense to me...

rollyz

jaimz wrote :
rollyz wrote :

The donation is optional, if you really want to be a tight-ass. Tens of thousands of dollars poured into a free event to raise money for charity and you whinge about being asked to donate two dollars? You're a class A cock, Rolly.

Rather be a class A cock than a stingy arsed promotor who dosn't pay his crew/acts.

Anyways, the site says "Free entry with a gold coin" That sounds like charging rather than a "optional" Donation. So I guess it will be fine just to walk in and when the big fat bouncers want to door charge me, I can just say its ok, promtor Jamiz says its just "optional"

I said I was happy to give donations, but I prefer the old method when people came around collecting donations, you actually got to chat with them, rather than being forced in a que with batton weilding malita guards making you pass over your gold.... where's the love? :roll:

Oh, and dont forget Jamiz, I worked at 3 Earthdances before, and like all the other artist never asked for anything in return and was happy to end up out of pocket for the cause. BTW I controbuted $20,000 worth of equipment each time... x3 that must be $60,000 I have donated to Earthdance :D
85 posts Page 1 of 4