Hello

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
46 posts Page 1 of 2
miceonmeth

Hey all,

I'm kittykat from MiceonMeth. Just wanted to introduce myself, say hello and let you know that I hope to get to know you all through the site. I must say, I'm a little shy but I'm sure I'll get more comfortable! :wink:

We are two at MiceonMeth or MoM and we are from Sydney. Our genre is psygressive trance. :wtf: Psychadelic-agressive trance.

A little bit about us: We got together a long time ago and decided that music has had an extensive influence in our lives. So we decided that we should make this full-time and do what we both love. So, one of us decided that we had to quit our job. Our conclusion was that "we have to give this a shot ... it's now or never!"
So this year we have been producing and officially distributing our music. Big risk but we have been willing to take it. We aren't signed to a label or anything like that (however, we hope to be one day) so at the moment we manage our own label. There's lots more to write but I won't keep you up! We have put a profile up on this site just yesterday if you wanted to check out what we are all about http://www.australiens.net/profiles/miceonmeth/

We also manage our own website - www.miceonmeth.com and yes, we do also have a myspace! :shock: www.myspace.com/miceonmethrecords

I'd love to hear back from all of you, get to know you and chat about life, music, love or whatever. I hope you all like the music, it's coming straight from our hearts and we hope to take you with us on our journey ... we wouldn't be able to do this without your support.

Peace, love and light guys,
Kittykat

x~X Eternity X~x

oh hai there Kittykat I'm also new on this forum so I thought I would say hai to you too :bounce:

Your myspace is sooooo cool and trippy, do you have a facebook page too i could see ??1 as networking internets are heaps cool and stuff on the explorer web..you have soooo many friends on your myspace page but I'm sure that's coz you play music at nightclubs and are heaps popular i really like the music you have there :wave:

I'd liek to say that your music is also heaps cool and so "psycho-active" hehe that's a joke :headphones: I am trancing out here in my room :trip: :trip: H A R D C O R E :trip: :trip: :trip: listening to it while I'm eating this really nice delicious cake. I have nevar heard of psygressive music before but I have now and I think it's really cool and trippy and stuff what you are making on your computers I'm going to buy some of your music too and put it on my Ipod YAY!!!

so yeah if you want to talk sumtime my email address is lonelyeternalgurl@hotmail.com I dont have a mispace page as some stupid nerd boys hacked onto it and shot the web from it or some nerd stuff liek that :( so gay..

I am really happy to have met you here on this ALIENS website kitty kat...we will have to swap pictures of each other and i will bring my firends after our hsc to a club wen you are playing as i'd love to get to know you bettar...chicks that make techno and psy music are really cool and i am sure my friends will all support you and your group...hehe your name is funny mice on bla bla also..way trippy :)

so bai bai for now Kittykat and a big meow to you

:angel:

X~Fi~X

miceonmeth

Thanks for your support!

SYNeR

x~X Eternity X~x wrote :
oh hai there Kittykat I'm also new on this forum so I thought I would say hai to you too :bounce:

Your myspace is sooooo cool and trippy, do you have a facebook page too i could see ??1 as networking internets are heaps cool and stuff on the explorer web..you have soooo many friends on your myspace page but I'm sure that's coz you play music at nightclubs and are heaps popular i really like the music you have there :wave:

I'd liek to say that your music is also heaps cool and so "psycho-active" hehe that's a joke :headphones: I am trancing out here in my room :trip: :trip: H A R D C O R E :trip: :trip: :trip: listening to it while I'm eating this really nice delicious cake. I have nevar heard of psygressive music before but I have now and I think it's really cool and trippy and stuff what you are making on your computers I'm going to buy some of your music too and put it on my Ipod YAY!!!

so yeah if you want to talk sumtime my email address is lonelyeternalgurl@hotmail.com I dont have a mispace page as some stupid nerd boys hacked onto it and shot the web from it or some nerd stuff liek that :( so gay..

I am really happy to have met you here on this ALIENS website kitty kat...we will have to swap pictures of each other and i will bring my firends after our hsc to a club wen you are playing as i'd love to get to know you bettar...chicks that make techno and psy music are really cool and i am sure my friends will all support you and your group...hehe your name is funny mice on bla bla also..way trippy :)

so bai bai for now Kittykat and a big meow to you

:angel:

X~Fi~X

LULZ

simon

psygressive? well i guess various types of music has been labeled 'progressive' in the past...but you music kinda reminds me of goa trance from 1994/5/6

miceonmeth

It was a little difficult to put A genre ... so we came up with psychedelic-agressive.
Goa 94/5/6 ... bad?

simon

miceonmeth wrote :
It was a little difficult to put A genre ... so we came up with psychedelic-agressive.
Goa 94/5/6 ... bad?

in my opinion, they were the golden years.

miceonmeth

Bring it on then hey! Hopefully we can get a gig playing at a free gig soon as we are dying to get out there amongst the peeps!

miceonmeth

Bring it on then hey! Hopefully we can get a gig playing at a free gig soon as we are dying to get out there amongst the peeps!

tract

miceonmeth wrote :

Try changing your groups name to something that doesn't reflect an addictive drug that seriously fucks peoples shit up and you might have a chance :idea:
miceonmeth

Guess they're having trouble getting gigs too? Our name is actually a dig at these users, as they are mice trapped in a maze of dispair on the drug. It's also historically accurate as the drug was first reproduced in 1919 and tested on mice by the military for use as a stimulant for combat soldiers to make them hyper-alert and aggressive (More mice on bla bla). But you're smart enough to realise that we strange human beings sometime deal with tragic and sad issues through humour, as a way to educate and perhaps allieviate the suffering caused by this drug. Besides no one seems to call out the pharmacutical companies who release products that actually contain the drug and sell it legally.... but that's another rant ; }

Peace, love and light,

Mice on bla bla
tract

miceonmeth wrote :
Crystal Method, Hallucinogen

Obviously I have heard of these groups but your examples here are irrelevant as in the first instance refer to structure and in the second to a classification of substances.

Your chosen name, mice on bla blah refers to one drug in particular.

Our name is actually a dig at these users, as they are mice trapped in a maze of dispair on the drug. It's also historically accurate as the drug was first reproduced in 1919 and tested on mice by the military for use as a stimulant for combat soldiers to make them hyper-alert and aggressive (More mice on bla bla). But you're smart enough to realise that we strange human beings sometime deal with tragic and sad issues through humour, as a way to educate and perhaps allieviate the suffering caused by this drug. Besides no one seems to call out the pharmacutical companies who release products that actually contain the drug and sell it legally.... but that's another rant

I see. You are being controversial, in this case playing on an addictive and damaging drug to get attention for your rave music.

Nice angle, good luck with it and the music :)
miceonmeth

They're still references to addictive substance, and semantics aside, education rather than ignorance is a much better tact. Would you rather ignore the issue and it will go away by itself? We have seen the effects of the mis-use of this drug ( and I state mis-use - as this is the issue as with any substance) and are trying to create awareness through our name. We're not condeming drug use - just mis-use. Besides this is a Psy-trance forum... where do you think the 'psy' comes from?... a sugar rush?... if you have an issue with the culture and music of this forum, I'm sure there's one dedicated to Avrill Levine or perhaps one dedicated to rave music (a.k.a. 5-10 years ago)...

It should be all about the music, and all we're trying to do is create tunes people hopefully enjoy.. not stand on a soap box and condemn what others create ; }

Peace, love and light,

The Journey Man Project

you web site doesn't work... maybelay of the bla bla.

miceonmeth

Works fine here ... any error messages?

snarf

Your artist name is pretty crap.

miceonmeth

Again, let us not stand on a soap box and condemn what others create but support our countries' people

snarf

Ok. Ill try a different approach. I didn't condemn you or say that you should stop making music.

I'm all for the creative spirit, the hatching of new ideas and new faces. I still think your name is crap. Mine on bla bla (sounds like you were on some when you thought of this name!)
miceonmeth

Thanks for that. I do appreciate peoples opinions, we are all entitled to one and I do understand where you are coming from and I would understand others opinions too if they were to dislike the connotation that may be underlying in our name. And, these comments do give me hope because I can see that people understand what an epidemic this is. The united states has been absolutely infiltrated by this substance and it's quite paradoxical that the majority of the supply affecting the helpless users is coming from another country. It's as if we are back in the 70's with the cocaine trade. It is good to see that people are passionate about this issue as I can see by yours and others comments and I wouldn't never want to turn a blind eye to an issue that affects us all either directly or indirectly. We wouldn't condone each other or others to use and if I was ever ever propositioned to do so I would want to try and help not judge them.
Anyway, lets move on. Hi ... it was good speaking to you. Where abouts from QLD are you?

Peace, love and light,
Kittykat

Apegod

I would love to give you my opinion Mice on bla bla.

Would you like to hear my opinion on your name and the music you write ?

nezbit

I didn't find the concept of ur name too hard to grasp. I think mice on m e t h is a fair decryption of the general human psychosis, even without the influence of m e t h a m p h e t a m i n e`s existence i find it not an uncommon reality within those around me at varying points in time.

Keep such within acknowledgment is my opinion. It's better for the future generations awareness, also imo. Then again, it all depends on one's upbringing doesn't it.

I just have to ask this. Tract, ru in close company with our lovely mz. Multiple kisses-Eternity ?? She speaks very familiar :)

PS Isn't the musical genre Psygressive already cloned? Like at least what, 3 yrs or more ago?

itchytriggerniggerfingers

Apegod wrote :
I would love to give you my opinion Mice on bla bla.

Would you like to hear my opinion on your name and the music you write ?

I would like to hear Lance's opinion :lol:
miceonmeth

I must say we're quite taken aback by the vitriolic, purile fixation on our name. We have nearly 6000 MySpace friends from all over the world in 2 months, and thousands of visitors to our website from countries and societies I thought were alot less sophisticated and more oppressive than our own, who comment or message us daily. The ONLY negative/small-minded feedback we have recieved is from our own country. More specifically this discussion. We started this topic to share our music with people, and have them share their music and experiences with us. To be positive and creative - that is part of Psytrance. Not to spread destruction and negativity through the anonymity of an internet forum, by making derisive comments. THAT sounds more like a m e t h addict. If you don't like our music or the culture of this forum, that's fine. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. You CAN still disagree and be positive. It's your choice whether to be constructive, or negative and childish. But remember an old adage before you comment - "Better to keep quite and be thought of as a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt"...

Peace, love and light,

AJ
itchytriggerniggerfingers

miceonmeth wrote :
I must say we're quite taken aback by the vitriolic, purile fixation on our name. We have nearly 6000 MySpace friends from all over the world in 2 months, and thousands of visitors to our website from countries and societies I thought were alot less sophisticated and more oppressive than our own, who comment or message us daily. The ONLY negative/small-minded feedback we have recieved is from our own country. More specifically this discussion. We started this topic to share our music with people, and have them share their music and experiences with us. To be positive and creative - that is part of Psytrance. Not to spread destruction and negativity through the anonymity of an internet forum, by making derisive comments. THAT sounds more like a m e t h addict. If you don't like our music or the culture of this forum, that's fine. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. You CAN still disagree and be positive. It's your choice whether to be constructive, or negative and childish. But remember an old adage before you comment - "Better to keep quite and be thought of as a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt"...

Oh...
tract

miceonmeth wrote :

Peace, love and light,

AJ

46 posts Page 1 of 2