I'm no longer a doof virgin!!!

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
20 posts Page 1 of 1
CrazyBex

OMG! I was such a newb prior to NYE.. but now I feel its my calling.. I never ever felt so much love and energy as I did On NYE :) I danced for hours on end, made new friends, and have extremely sore calf muscles to prove it 5 days after the event!

Much love to any and all of you who were at the breathtakingly beautiful scenery in the Bell (Blue Mountains). Thank you for opening your hearts to me! I am now addicted..

Can anyone else remember their first DOOF experience? Would they care to share with me?

PS Much MUCH MUCH Love to Brains for being my best friend!!!

*peace love and protection*

Becc

BaRrY AnThOnY

Hey miss Becc
was a nice spot wasnt it :wink:
Ps. Brains has a heart of pure gold, but you already know that

xoxo
Barry.....
Red Menace

It was a great doof to start out at. I've been going to doofs for just over a year.

I took six friends along last Saturday night (NYE) who were all doing their first doof.

Unanimous. They loved it. Wanted more. Couldn't beleive what they'd been missing.

Now they'll be dragging me along to the next one! :thumb:

Tanya

Hi CrazyBex,

My first doof experience was PARTHINIUM put on by the legendary newEcrew. We drove there, got turned away by police... drove back 90km.. heard from friends it was still on... drove back to the party and had a WELL WIKID TIME!!

It was 0 degrees on my friends car-thermometer but we didn't feel a thing due to the funky-first-time-psy that rang through my frozen ears. Sitting on a sand dune the next morning, thawing out from the night was a totally surreal moment. Twas the first time I hung out at a doof with my soon to be boyfriend!! :)

aww. :love:
gothic raver

Congratulations CrazyBex on losing your virginity!

CrazyBex wrote :
Can anyone else remember their first DOOF experience? Would they care to share with me?

My first party was Hardware 1 on NYE 1991 @ the Mercantile Rowing Club Melbourne. Yeah, yeah, I know - it's a "rave" (and we don't like "raves" here do we?). Still, like losing your virginity you'll never forget it. I was supposed to go to Earthdream 1 by Mutoid Waste earlier that year but circumstances didn't allow. Pity. In hindsight that was a landmark party worth attending. However, I did go to Earthdream's 10th year anniversary at Munster Terrace Melbourne in 2001. That was nostalgic even though I wasn't at their alpha party.

In 1992 I went to Every Picture Tells A Story 1 @ Global Village which to me remains the best city venue ever (discounting Mother Nature, of course).

My first doof was Glob Glub 1 in December 1995 in a park in Abbortford Melbourne. I remember that for some reason I didn't have a good time. I can't remember why. Maybe because it was in a suburban reserve. Don't ask why they held it there. I don't know.

Everything else is a blur.

flashfire

YAY! My first real doof experience was care of John & Leah too :D Good old Trancendance, how we love thee. Was great to meet you Becc & see you having such a great time. You lost your virginity with a few things that night, eh? saw firedancing for the first time, tried bulbs for the first time.... :lol:

bear-girl

First outdoor party was earl of fnord, feb 2000. I cried when I drove out, it changed everything for me.

Since that we've done heaps, including nearly all EC's, Rainbow Serpents, Tribeadelics, French Island NYE, Earthdance in Melb & Cairns, Outback Eclipse, and many other great smaller parties too.

I don't think it's the size of the party that matters, I enjoy every single one. They all have something to offer and I know that they will all be special in their own way.

CrazyBex

BaRrY AnThOnY wrote :
Ps. Brains has a heart of pure gold, but you already know that

Yes I do :) I love him so much for taking me temporarily away from a bad situation so I can get my stuff sorted.. :)

*dance*

phoney

My first outdoor party was "Flammable" put on by Junglepunks in colo heights in 1997, and ive never looked back since... 8)

Well, except for that one time when I lost my shoes.

CrazyBex

flashfire wrote :
YAY! My first real doof experience was care of John & Leah too :D Good old Trancendance, how we love thee. Was great to meet you Becc & see you having such a great time. You lost your virginity with a few things that night, eh? saw firedancing for the first time, tried bulbs for the first time.... :lol:

*squish*

Yes :) Love thee well!!

I did lose my virginity to a lot of things that night.. but the mood was right, the place most awesome and the people the best :) I have never in my life felt so comfortable! I rewatched the video i took of you dancing with fire! If I had of changed it to an mms setting on my phone, I could have emailed it to you.. alas I'll have to watch you dance again and this time I'll know what to do!!

Bulbs are so funny.. I felt I could lay back and just laugh.. hehehehe Was excellent :)

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of a great group!

xox
CrazyBex

Red Menace wrote :
It was a great doof to start out at.
Unanimous. They loved it. Wanted more. Couldn't beleive what they'd been missing.

Now they'll be dragging me along to the next one! :thumb:

Here here!!

:)

raptor

i want to see this guy back at a party sometime..

http://www.australiens.net/photos/Doofp ... 03-109.jpg

Gozer

Isn't that Peter Hoare? The guy who invaded the turf at Melbourne Cup, Australian Open, Australia's World Cup SOccer Qualifier, e.t.c..

phoney

Bwahahaha, Peter Hoare indeed, and his cat on the leash - Afghanistan.

He's otherwise known as Shocker or the Serial Pest. He lives in Newcastle & works in an art gallery. A complete nutjob, but my hero nonetheless. :lol:

raptor

fucking oath it is.

during my set last year at earthdance (thats where the pic comes from) he did some of the craziest shit i have ever seen on a dancefloor. it was like he was channelling some power and directing it at me as he stood dead striaght in front of me the whole time. he would point sky wards and then point directly at me and when he got bored of that he started to stand on his head etc. then he took his cat for a dance.. at this point i couldnt hold my laughter back any more . i wont even mention what he was doing during the special earthdance song! :crazy:

Gozer

Raptor wrote :
..then he took his cat for a dance.. at this point i couldnt hold my laughter back any more.

:lol: Neither could I reading that .. I have only seen him from afar but he does seem pretty speshial..

Dreamthief

hahaha. That guy was awesome. :)

~Wicked Angel~

Welcome to the club ;) You won't ever want to do anything else! In fact that was one of my first thoughts at my first doof just over two years ago at ELIXER 3. For the first time ever i totally felt at home somewhere and knew that i wasn't going to want to 'go out' and do anything else.

The main thing that i remember was the true feeling of unity amongst everyone and how there didn't seem to be any feelings of outcasting like racism etc and just how peaceful yet energetic it was.

I felt like we were all societies misfits or something hidden in the forest and just 'being' Another thing that really stood out for me was how uniquely expressive people were and they all danced so naturally.

It was an eye opener that's for sure :)

Barbarian

Heee serial pest peter hoare!!
former president of ford gt club and old mate of the magickal fiona horne ala DEF-FX:)
Druid Of Psy

I love taking newbies to doofs or seeing them there, something about them just stands out and its an awesome site to see it could be the energy themselves are throwing off i dont know. When you see them and look them in the eyes when your tearing up that dance floor, its like they just discovered something that has been in front of their noses the whole time.

My first doof i went to wasn't big, it sucked really. a mission and a half to get there, seeing a accident on the way there, when we got there the site was shithouse, but that didn't stop me i knew doofs where the way to go and they had "my kind of people" there. but the second doof was heaps better it was earthdance i think,
20 posts Page 1 of 1