Laser show damages eyesight of over 30 music fans at concert

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
68 posts Page 2 of 3

atmospsypherica

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
atmospsypherica wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :
No, i don't need security, i have photos

everybody has photos. but what do you have photos of Pete? thanx just gave me a clue to find out more about this laser story. I can't read Russian but i'm sure they have a trance forum and maybe that is where there might be photos of this 2008 Aquamarine festival. It's been hard finding anything more on this. thanx Pete your a genius - your cryptic clues :lol:

I don't know you and you don't know me. So you don't call me Pete, my login is "Pete_Paranoid".

If you stopped playing such crap music we wouldn't need to use lasers.

Yeh alright then Mr Paranoid :wink: or will that be Mr Haemorrhoid :lol: Pete_Paranoid

atmospsypherica

Russian is just too hard to understand to find anything about this on here
http://www.psycity.ru/
but I thought this might come of interest.
kamil wrote:
russianpirate wrote:
kamil wrote:
The Greg wrote:
russianpirate wrote:
BloodlustShaman wrote:
So nobody got sue?

This is not America, people don't sue for every fucking wrong-doing.. they'll be upset and maybe some people will get pissed enough to beat the fucking organizers up, but only the worst criminal and civil offenses even make it to court/jail.

I'd say 80% vision loss qualifies as a pretty bad criminal offense. That's just gross negligence. Definitely not a frivolous lawsuit

of all my senses, vision is my most important.

couldnt u just make it cliche and say that hearing is, so you can hear trance not impressed

but seriously, there is a pretty slim chance that there will be prosecutorial action against the offenders cause of all the corruption and noone died or got badly hurt (life-threatning damage), so its not serious enough for the russia i used to live in, but its been progressing in a more western direction so maybe there will be some mofos going to jail which i hope happens

im never cliche.
http://trance.nu/v4/forum/viewtopic.php?t=156782&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

infinafta

atmospsypherica

infinafta wrote :
http://www.aeroboard.ru/topic310516.html

Getting close, but not find actual pictures of lasers at the 2008 festival etc. Anybody understand Russian to point us in direction of review link. Maybe pictures are posted there :idea:

infinafta

atmospsypherica wrote :
infinafta wrote :
http://www.aeroboard.ru/topic310516.html

Getting close, but not find actual pictures of lasers at the 2008 festival etc. Anybody understand Russian to point us in direction of review link. Maybe pictures are posted there :idea:

I can read Russian. No reviews or photos on the Russian forums so far.

if you're that fucking keen check these links in a week or two:

http://aeroboard.ru/forum57.html
http://www.psychedelic.ru/party/index.shtml
http://www.psytrance.ru/forum/index.php?showforum=5

thats the latest Russian party galleries and party forums

atmospsypherica

Thanks for the information. Mainstream media is dodgy so it's not so much a case of being so keen, but giving readers the most possible information for them to have a informed opinion. So you have been a huge help. Cheers.

tract

lol.

Stupid Russians.

itchytriggerniggerfingers

tract wrote :
lol.

Stupid Russians.

Maybe if we can find Zolod P's ex girlfriend, we could arrange for her to throw the guilty person out of a 10th story window :shock:

Pete_Paranoid

atmospsypherica wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :
atmospsypherica wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :

everybody has photos. but what do you have photos of Pete? thanx just gave me a clue to find out more about this laser story. I can't read Russian but i'm sure they have a trance forum and maybe that is where there might be photos of this 2008 Aquamarine festival. It's been hard finding anything more on this. thanx Pete your a genius - your cryptic clues :lol:

I don't know you and you don't know me. So you don't call me Pete, my login is "Pete_Paranoid".

Yeh alright then Mr Paranoid :wink: or will that be Mr Haemorrhoid :lol: Pete_Paranoid

The login name was given to me by DJ Vic (trip2space). It has an ironic and sarcastic meaning. It works best on boring "sheep" like yourself!
The incident involving the laser was an accident, that's all you need to know, no need to beat it up more. We went thru all of this in your last laser thread in the off topic section where you were trying to scaremonger people. Psychedelic pioneers Pink Floyd have used lasers at their shows for years (decades maybe). Australian ohs is very tough, (almost draconian) you are safe. Unlike most psy promoters I have to pay expensive liability insurance that covers me the whole year, not just one off events.

People like you don't last long as there is always a younger better model.
You are just one in a sea of billions which makes what you think very easy to forget.

8) < if you're really that worried maybe you should wear a pair of these (as well as a set of ear plugs to protect yourself from all the bullshit you spew out)!

Swap.

atmospsypherica

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
atmospsypherica wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :
atmospsypherica wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :

The login name was given to me by DJ Vic (trip2space). It has an ironic and sarcastic meaning. It works best on boring "sheep" like yourself!
The incident involving the laser was an accident, that's all you need to know, no need to beat it up more. We went thru all of this in your last laser thread in the off topic section where you were trying to scaremonger people. Psychedelic pioneers Pink Floyd have used lasers at their shows for years (decades maybe). Australian ohs is very tough, (almost draconian) you are safe. Unlike most psy promoters I have to pay expensive liability insurance that covers me the whole year, not just one off events.

People like you don't last long as there is always a younger better model.
You are just one in a sea of billions which makes what you think very easy to forget.

8) < if you're really that worried maybe you should wear a pair of these (as well as a set of ear plugs to protect yourself from all the bullshit you spew out)!

Swap.

Hehehe Bullshit :lol: :lol: :lol: you seem to be taking this very personally and showing a bit of emotion. Actually did you find out why that girl avoided you and ignored you Pete_Paranoid? hahaha. Stupid me maybe I should just do same. But it stimulates me why you bother to address me in a forum (can't you see me beating off about it at this very moment). Anyway I'm sure you have got plenty of people to back you up. The more the merrier. But lets see you are a roady and lighting technician who basically does lighting for psy trance events for love. Any stray roots you pick up is a bonus, comes with the job. It just doesn't work on all females.

I don't tell you what to do so why you telling me? You have just given me more incentive to find out more information about this news event. thanx.
Sure that will irritate you and some others. It's a forum dude. Nobody forces anybody to read a topic by any author or any posts that you know will irritate you simply because you don't like the person. I find trance forums more entertaining then the online newspaper reader feedback forums. Jaded billytokers /spliffos like yourself bite every time.

But hey we love your work, goes down well when we want to escape our boring city m-f weekday lives , get on it -get out of it - let go of it on the weekends. :lol: So I guess your entitled to your bit of fun with a flimsy who likes to get free highs . Got to love being in a scene and groupies. :lol:

Oh shit I have you all wrong, and I have just proven everything you said of me is right. Are you hiding somewhere watching me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DECRION DEE

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
tripn wrote :
where the hell is B-RAVE's post?

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=211hate

phahahahahaha shit ay what a site thats so fucked up

the dude says ppl from around the world email him and tell him that he disgusts ppl

i almost feel sorry for the freak.....

atmospsypherica

Lasers Blind Russian Ravers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI2pqgDmWas

http://music.guardian.co.uk/print/0,,335739143-122385,00.html
Crowd blinded by lasers at Russian rave

Sean Michaels
Wednesday July 16, 2008

guardian.co.uk
Concert-goers at an outdoor rave were blinded on July 5, when their concert went horribly wrong. Russian health officials have this week confirmed 12 cases of laser-blindness, with reports of up to 17 more victims. All were dancing at the Aquamarine Open Air Festival in Kirzhach, Russia.

The trouble started when the Open Air Festival became not so open-air. Heavy rain forced organisers to erect giant tents, but when the the lighting rig was moved inside, they neglected to reprogram the lasers. The laser display, meant to illuminate the sky, was instead reflected by the tent's canopy into the ravers' eyes.

Although there is disagreement about whether the eye damage is permanent, some dancers have lost 80% of their vision. "I could see out of my left eye, but my right eye is all fog," one victim told NTV television.

"It is just a deterioration in the sharpness of the eyesight, not a burn," explained Elena Grishina, head doctor at the Moscow Ophthalmological Hospital. This seems very reassuring - at least until Grishina begins to talk about the next step.

"The treatment is not very pleasant," she said. "It involves a lot of needles."

The Vladimir regional government have stated that the festival was organised without proper permits. Injured party-goers are planning to take legal action against the organisers, according to NTV.

http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of- ... ers-423547

1. Kommersant now reports the injuries are not retinal burns, but hemorrhages (still bad but not as bad).

The cause of these unusual and widespread injuries appears to be a pulsed laser. These emit short, powerful bursts of light. They are fine for sky and overhead use but NEVER are intended for audience scanning. Due to the rain, the pulsed laser was aimed directly at the audience (it was not a reflection off the top of the tent). Video of the event confirms the laser aiming and the pulsed nature (look for dots where the laser hits a wall).

Audience scanning is legal and common, and is even covered by international science/engineering standards (IEC 60825-3). In this case, the use of a pulsed laser was at fault.

Obviously, someone at the rave did not know what they were doing. The ultimate blame is on the laser operators. They should always be in attendance to monitor the laser use, and they should know, absolutely and irrefutably, NEVER use pulsed lasers for audience scanning.

-- Patrick Murphy, International Laser Display Assn., www.laserist.org

The laser damage is said to have happened because of the use of outdoor lasers indoors.

Torrential rain meant that the open air festival wasn't actually open air, but in a tent. The reflection of the lasers in the tent hit the crowd instead of the sky and damaged many of the partygoers' vision.

So as I read it and the picture I get is that. There was some rain and bad weather. So the organisers decided to put canopies up. It was a illegal party festival and rather then cancel the event that was of a fairly large crowd scale. They overlooked this problem. DODGY AS FUCK , so Pete_Paranoid what is your problem dude. You wouldn't do this would you. You know your stuff, don't you. But hey it sure annoys when your shit gets broken, fair enough. But accidents do happen even when everything man can possibly think off to keep something safe. So if you are at a illegal party or festival then the risk is higher that if something happens to your health your legal rights to sue become a lot more of a challenge.

So you Pete_Paranoid making this statement as a joke
Cool < if you're really that worried maybe you should wear a pair of these (as well as a set of ear plugs to protect yourself from all the bullshit you spew out)!
doesn't say much for your confidence as a professional. But yeh personal jibes aside dude. I think a person eyesight is something not to fucking joke about.

atmospsypherica

tripn wrote :
spangk wrote :
yes but it's got the usual cascading over exuberation and inundation of atmopsyhericama..

just like every other thread

Well I hope this is living up to my reputation and doesn't disappoint you both. :P :lol:

The Journey Man Project

Any loss of a sense is not a joke, and if you dare to put your own financial or work interest before the safety of other I'd loke to see your occ health & safety policy.
Tell you what Paranoid, if I was at a party and your lights damaged my eye, I'd fucking sue your sorry arse from here to fucking hell!

You sound like such a self absorbed obnoxious wanker!

FeralBrown

The Journey Man Project wrote :
Any loss of a sense is not a joke, and if you dare to put your own financial or work interest before the safety of other I'd loke to see your occ health & safety policy.
Tell you what Paranoid, if I was at a party and your lights damaged my eye, I'd fucking sue your sorry arse from here to fucking hell!

Actually, no.
He sounds like someone trying to explain the obvious to a retard. Repeatedly.

FeralBrown

atmospsypherica wrote :
But yeh personal jibes aside dude. I think a person eyesight is something not to fucking joke about.

A person's professional and experiential take on a situation is not to be dismissed lightly, either, y'know...

atmospsypherica

FeralBrown wrote :

Actually, no.

basically the answer I would expect from you. Pete_Paranoid is your friend , somebody that is good to have on board and side when you put on parties.
FeralBrown wrote :
There's already a far more exciting thread on this.

you mean this one. All is good your blog and Steve's has been well promoted. Good luck with that.
So whom do you cast the retard claim -ME ? :lol: I knew very well from the moment I created this thread I was going to get a reaction from PP and I new very well you would back everything he said up. Well guess what ? I enjoyed every minute of it -So carry on and amuse me. I miss your conspiracy stories .

atmospsypherica

FeralBrown wrote :
atmospsypherica wrote :
But yeh personal jibes aside dude. I think a person eyesight is something not to fucking joke about.

A person's professional and experiential take on a situation is not to be dismissed lightly, either, y'know...

Right oh - Let me spell this shit out. It takes one crack head, mEThhead ice nutter to go nuts and start playing with a laser . Think I'm being over farken reactive. By fark I hope people running events put this into consideration considering that this story has been all over the world. Haven't you read the threads of people touching PP's lights when they shouldn't. That would never happen- right put your guarantee both of you here and now. In writing, sure his professionalism might cover his ass but is every promoter going to cover security for his lighting?

FeralBrown

atmospsypherica wrote :
FeralBrown wrote :

Actually, no.

basically the answer I would expect from you. Pete_Paranoid is your friend , somebody that is good to have on board and side when you put on parties.
FeralBrown wrote :

you mean this one. All is good your blog and Steve's has been well promoted. Good luck with that.
So whom do you cast the retard claim -ME ? :lol: I knew very well from the moment I created this thread I was going to get a reaction from PP and I new very well you would back everything he said up. Well guess what ? I enjoyed every minute of it -So carry on and amuse me. I miss your conspiracy stories .

Put down the pipe, mate.
You obviously don't know what you're on about.

atmospsypherica

FeralBrown wrote :
atmospsypherica wrote :
FeralBrown wrote :

Actually, no.

FeralBrown wrote :

Put down the pipe, mate.
You obviously don't know what you're on about.

That's very lame for a intellectual pot smoker like yourself. Maaaaaan I don't do any drugs. Tried em , big deal. It's funny how users such as yourself use a line like that on others they know nothing about. But yeh you don't mind telling everybody you are a user on the net do you.

FeralBrown

That's crackpipe.
Put it down.

atmospsypherica

FeralBrown wrote :
That's crackpipe.
Put it down.

bwwwwahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: your sounding like russian green gherkins, silly c*nt , I'm sure you can work it out who I refer to here.

FeralBrown

You're a fucking 'tard.
Deadset.

I barely know Pete. He has never helped me with a party, and I have helped him roll up extension cords and put away lights a few times, years ago.

As everything Steve and I do is for free, it doesn't bother either of us one fucking iota whether or not our blogs, music or parties are promoted.

Pete works with lasers. So does Decrion. I used to repair various lasers for various applications outside of the party scene. I am sure if cosMICK logged on he'd tell you exactly the same. You have probably NEVER touched one in your life, and have DEFINITELY got no technical background with them. Now, you can go on freaking out about the dangers of lasers, to no avail, or you can set your mind at ease by listening to people that know.

infinafta

atmospsypherica wrote :
But it is possible that Mesq (reality pixie) knows more about this and could of possibly been there. As he was in Russia at the time.

Lucky bugger is playing at the eclipse party next week.

The location looks awesome:
http://www.khanaltay.org/wp/?page_id=15

the "getting there" section includes "horse" and "raft" as cheaper options, and "helicopter" for the more well-to-do party goers :D

FTW check out the Russian psy-bitches in the galleries here
http://www.psychedelic.ru/party/index.shtml
:shock:

infinafta

FeralBrown wrote :
You're a fucking 'tard.
Deadset.

QFT

IN THE ASS!
68 posts Page 2 of 3