cliques

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
76 posts Page 1 of 4
purrinus

The great thing about the dance scene used to be that I escaped the newtown cliques and made new real friends and nice decent bf's who asked you out instead of 'do you wanna go home' But it's changed and I just wanna say that hey I've been on those dancefloors since the beginning nearly since I was 24 and I'm 37 now learning to dance and I love it. somethings gotta give with the whole thing being spoilt by cliques or ice use or the god damned ground hogs day music or it's DEAD. We all know the professionals are gettting over it. YOu can't insure it etc etc. people are just using people. And there's a god damn lack of respect that I just don't like. For gods sake why don't y
'all grow up.
Last edited by purrinus on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sci0n

......ummmm
simon

purrinus wrote :
The great thing about the dance scene used to be that I escaped the newtown cliques and made new real friends and nice decent bf's who asked you out instead of 'do you wanna go home' But it's changed and I just wanna say that hey I've been on those dancefloors since the beginning nearly since I was 24 and I'm 37 now learning to dance and I love it. somethings gotta give with the whole thing being spoilt by cliques or ice use or the god damned ground hogs day music or it's DEAD. We all know the professionals are gettting over it. YOu can't insure it etc etc. people are just using people. And there's a god damn lack of respect that I just don't like. For gods sake why don't y
'all grow up.

Celeste Carroll.

so... wanna go home together after the party?

venatrix

The great thing about the times in the long ago back in the never never is that they were always perfect. Everyone shat rainbows, and kittens and puppies spontaneously appeared every time a cute boy smiled in my general direction. Nothing ever went wrong and everything was always so awesome. Isn't it sad that things have changed man, and everything now is total utter shite, full on garbage. It has made me so cynical and bitter that I am just going to sit in the lotus position and have my romanticising fantasies about the past while wishing I was just that little bit more shanti. In conclusion fuck you.

spangk

:lol:

..so really, what is the goss? I'm always the last to know dammit.

Twisted Dirty Logic

Ooo, ranting time!

It might just be me, but have people stopped wearing so many bright colours to doofs?

Has it gone from this

to this?

Maybe it's just my perception that isn't as colourful anymore..

venatrix

The second pic was from a track party that was held in autumn/winter which might explain the dark clothing. I for one usually look like a fricken rainbow (except in the cold when i wear my boring-assed black jacket)

spangk

Twisted Dirty Logic wrote :
Ooo, ranting time!

It might just be me, but have people stopped wearing so many bright colours to doofs?

Has it gone from this

to this?

Maybe it's just my perception that isn't as colourful anymore..

heheh did you go to that doof?

Here's another angle at same one... sheesh teh scrutiny brigade :lol:

venatrix

nah jos i was in perth, epic fail lol. but i will sure as shit be at the next one (as long as i can figure out how to avoid telling my parents. jesus 25 years old and i still have to make up stories about where i go at night)

spangk

venatrix wrote :
nah jos i was in perth, epic fail lol. but i will sure as shit be at the next one (as long as i can figure out how to avoid telling my parents. jesus 25 years old and i still have to make up stories about where i go at night)

I was asking Twisted dirty logic, cause u were in WA. :lol:

Twisted Dirty Logic

Yeah I was there, had a great time. :)

Don't mind me, I just want to see more bright colours at doofs. :P

+ I like to rant.

phoney

Maybe you ought to volunteer yourself as chief of fashion police. You could do an 8 hour door shift and turn away punters you deem not colourful enough! :lol:

DECRION DEE

i go to a few partys and always wear dark colours such as at all the track whatevers. partys now are just as good as the ones i have went to years and years ago... maybe less ppl, but still just as good or even better in alot of ways.

its what YOU make of it :wink:

Twisted Dirty Logic

Hmm, as venatrix said, maybe it's just the winter season..

I just like bright colours.... Like this guy

And another thing, how come I can't get no Tang round here?

atmospsypherica

So he came from the DARK and saw the light in the age of Wisdom.

Experience Hamparty

Cliques? I dunno 'bout that I always have conversations with randoms but of course, theres gonna be people who are in a tight friendship group because theyve known each other for ages or live close together. Ive found you can talk to some of the most talented people in the scene and they're really down to earth. And as for growing up....... Fuck growing up I just love partying and ridiculous shenanigans like everyone else because its so fuckin good it brings us closer to god or whatever it is.....the lifeforce? I don't know, who cares we all love it.

bargirl

+ I like to rant.

i agree i love colour, but i think the bigger picture is anyone can go to these events and feel comfortable being who they are without feeling they have to live up to other peoples expectations.

Twisted Dirty Logic

bargirl wrote :

+ I like to rant.

i agree i love colour, but i think the bigger picture is anyone can go to these events and feel comfortable being who they are without feeling they have to live up to other peoples expectations.

Certainly, I'm not disputing that at all... I merely was saying that I have noticed people wear less colourful clothing at doofs these days... As venatrix mentioned, it's probably just winter..

Please do not construe this as an attack on people with noncolourful clothes.. Some of my best friends wear black tshirts. :P

bargirl

i know, i dont think you are attacking anyone and you are right its winter and cold............roll on summer

red and yellow and pink and green orange and purple and blue i can see or is it sing a rainbow sing a rainbow sing a rainbow too...........woohoo dragon dreaming for sure and beyond for dark black..........I LOVE BLACK

arcadian

phoney wrote :
Maybe you ought to volunteer yourself as chief of fashion police. You could do an 8 hour door shift and turn away punters you deem not colourful enough! :lol:

like 3D in melbourne, no fluro no entry :roll: .... not that i have ever been, and not that its a good example but i would love to see the faces of some regulars at out door doofs if a bouncer pulled that out. :D

The Journey Man Project

I love fluro stuff.. Space Tribe is the only brand I reckon is value for $$$

atmospsypherica

The Journey Man Project wrote :
I love fluro stuff.. Space Tribe is the only brand I reckon is value for $$$

I have always wanted to see a Heavy Metal band dressed up in fluro stuff. :lol:
What a transition from early dark goth type drag to Lucy juicy and all colors and more past the rainbow. Well it's fuk'n worked and I'm sure by moving into the psychedelic electronica has been a step he has never looked back on.
Apegod

purrinus wrote :
'all grow up.

Celeste Carroll.

Bunnies.

:love:

tract

Look if a fat chick wants to wear a shirt that says "I fucked a Goat" then let her.

If some kid is running around at a doof decked to the nines in fluro then let him.

If Ollie Wisdom wants to drag his jaded, cynical ass around the planet in clothes that make him look as old as he is while collecting 1000 euros a set then that's cool too.

The point I'm trying to make is that Raptor really wants a gender re-assignment and it's not for us to judge him on that choice.

tripn

tract wrote :
Look if a fat chick wants to wear a shirt that says "I fucked a Goat" then let her.

If some kid is running around at a doof decked to the nines in fluro then let him.

If Ollie Wisdom wants to drag his jaded, cynical ass around the planet in clothes that make him look as old as he is while collecting 1000 euros a set then that's cool too.

The point I'm trying to make is that Raptor really wants a gender re-assignment and it's not for us to judge him on that choice.

here here
76 posts Page 1 of 4