Missionary Doofers

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
49 posts Page 1 of 2
Sinner

Had to post this at Oztrance too for maximum PLUR.

http://www.areopagos.dk/lausanne/Youth% ... ltures.doc

See link for references. THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU

YOUTH DANCE CULTURES, DOOFS & ALTERNATE SPIRITUALITIES:

Short Summary Notes as A Basis for Missional Reflection and Action
Origins

Since the late 1980s various youth sub-cultures have emerged around the world associated with music, dance, Countercultural lifestyles and alternate forms of spirituality. One of the more intriguing subcultures is associated with what is called “rave cultureâ€
venatrix

Sinner wrote :
this youth subculture needs to be formally recognised as an unreached people group for contemporary missions.

And people wonder why I get shitty when religion gets thrown into the mix... :roll:

ps thanks for that Sinner, that's some really interesting info :)

silly the kid

Don't worry they won't bite you!

venatrix

No, they just brainwash you.

rollyz

Christian Doof, Ralien Doof, Spirtual Doof....meh

Mind you I remember the big wave in Christian House music, just like the Christian Rock. If someone wants to do well financially making music you will do very will in this field. looks like Christian Doof could have a big market, and mummy and daddy will be glad to buy their kids doof that spreads the word of Christ $$$$ :twisted: $$$$$

Sinner

Isn't there an episode of South Park where Cartman does that? :P

DECRION DEE

who are the christain djs in tha rave scene?
phahahahaha

psy*clone

DECRION DEE wrote :
who are the christain djs in tha rave scene?
phahahahaha

isn't dj neo some kind of christian?

traveller

Sinner wrote :
Isn't there an episode of South Park where Cartman does that? :P

"you just change the word baby to jesus"

brainstorma

there are quite a few christin doofers around
i know of a small crew up in byron

there pretty mazin crew
they get higher than al of us and dont even tuch drugs (have witnessed this first hand)

venatix its time to get over your predudise and accept that every one has there rigtht o pratic and belive there own religus and spiritualist views
and to share them with every one
its just up to you to accept them or not
and if you dont
then just simply than thank you but its not for me
stop being so antaganistic

willB3

brainstorma wrote :
antagonistic

FeralBrown

venatrix wrote :

No, they give you a coat when you're cold, calm you down when you're not sailing right, give you a tent if you forgot one, food if you're hungry, a lift home (no matter how far) when you're too fucked to drive and/or got ditched by your regular lift and a plethora of other mundane/humane things...
that is all...

Sounds like you may have already been brainwashed(?)

venatrix

brainstorma wrote :
venatix its time to get over your predudise and accept that every one has there rigtht o pratic and belive there own religus and spiritualist views
and if you dont

That is where you are very seriously wrong hon. In this country you do have the right to believe in whatever they want, but you do fucking not have the right to share them with everyone. Nobody has the right to attempted religious conversion, and to be honest the very thought of it makes me sick. If you want to believe in some religion then do it in the privacy of your own home and keep it the fuck away from me and everyone else who would rather just get on with their godless lives. I don't want to know about your religion, spirituality, church group, or beliefs, just go away. I am not being antagonistic and I am not just doing it for attention. You know I would say exactly the same thing irl. My personal opinion on this particular article posted by Sinner is that I am against religious conversion, especially within my preferred music subculture.

And whoever pulled brainstorma up on his spelling, back away. Yeah he can't spell for shit but at least he is not afraid to put his thoughts out there regardless.

willB3

venatrix wrote :
brainstorma wrote :
and if you dont

That is where you are very seriously wrong hon. In this country you do have the right to believe in whatever they want, but you do fucking not have the right to share them with everyone. Nobody has the right to attempted religious conversion, and to be honest the very thought of it makes me sick. If you want to believe in some religion then do it in the privacy of your own home and keep it the fuck away from me and everyone else who would rather just get on with their godless lives. I don't want to know about your religion, spirituality, church group, or beliefs, just go away. I am not being antagonistic and I am not just doing it for attention. You know I would say exactly the same thing irl. My personal opinion on this particular article posted by Sinner is that I am against religious conversion, especially within my preferred music subculture.

And whoever pulled brainstorma up on his spelling, back away. Yeah he can't spell for shit but at least he is not afraid to put his thoughts out there regardless.
diatribe - for a person whom says
In this country you do have the right to believe in whatever they wan't
and later say's
Yeah he can't spell for shit
How about wording a sentence that makes sense? moving on
it was not a correction of spelling but you overlooked the link! Ever considered that your conflict with said person to link was caused because your so antagonistic yourself? Opposites attract , sometimes people alike collide. This is common among internet forums, people's jealousy ego's etc all get a bit carried away with themselves because they hide behind a keyboard and feel safe.

And while your claim Atmos' was psycus , I suggest you find out more about the psycuss (in ur head) saga that played out over multiple forums. Thus this statement is so scary
I am against religious conversion, especially within my preferred music subculture.
From what I have read across forums if all these reference to psycus under other names are true. I get the feeling he has least matured in some way that you haven't.

Sorry brainstorma, feral brown or anybody else has a right for their opinion. It is a good thing your back at Uni and have less time to spend here. This is not helping your recovery from Crock detoxification as it seems to be just a placebo for not having it anymore but your mind doesn't know it.

Leave Moderation to the admin, it's up to them and if they wanted you to moderate then I'm sure they would tell you. You are trying to stick out as if you are GOD and speak for all. Dig your own grave you don't need me to push you into it as your falling further and further.

FeralBrown

"there ain't nothing like giving the game away"

Thought you'd try to be a little sneakier there!
:lol:

venatrix

Lul

brainstorma

venatrix wrote :
brainstorma wrote :
and if you dont

hun you have actively attacked people on this forum for there religious beliefs and there possible connection to religious groups

and i think you will find it is perfectly legal for people to preach there religious beliefs to the world and to come you your door step and talk to you about it
they just cant force there way into your house

you know what
i hate atheist more than i hate Anglicans and Mormons coming to my door
cause there a hell of a lot more preachy and cynical tot he ways of the world than any other religious/physiological/richus/dogmatic group there is

flurohero

i shook hands with christians once and it felt like "grey-slime" !
there was also a "reptile-soul" sort of feeling even though they were weak and submissive .

religion is useful for keeping dumb people obedient ,scared and confused but in a linear,seemingly serious fashion.there are already so many freaky religions competing for a finite resource of supine gullible people.

good luck with the "cunning plan"!

willB3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YYc3I5siaM
film clip and song just fitting for this topic.
also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuRFASoV0kM

♥ RIVERS OF BELIEF ♥

Take me back to the rivers of belief
my friend
I look inside my heart
I look inside my soul
I promise you
I will return
And when the Lamb
opened the seventh seal
silence covered the sky
my friend
I look inside my heart
I look inside my soul
I'm reaching out for you
Lets hope one day
We'll rest in peace on my rivers of belief

DECRION DEE

FeralBrown wrote :
venatrix wrote :

No, they give you a coat when you're cold, calm you down when you're not sailing right, give you a tent if you forgot one, food if you're hungry, a lift home (no matter how far) when you're too fucked to drive and/or got ditched by your regular lift and a plethora of other mundane/humane things...
that is all...

Sounds like you may have already been brainwashed(?)

you forgot to say they also make wars happen for free :wink:

FeralBrown

for free?

I think you'll find that there's more money than religion attached to most wars!

ionized

How do these christian raver missionaries approach the issue of shared beliefs within the psytrance scene particularly those of a pagan/shamanic/occult background? Or what about the proliferation of substance use within the scene? I've just never found acknowledgement for these sorts of freedoms (which are a big part of the experience) within the judeo-christian beliefs and their followers... (yes... not coptic mystics perhaps.. but still)

I'm not against people having faith or people discussing their spiritual beliefs especially at doofs. The esoteric side of the dance tribal experience I value very highly and seems quite lacking at parties these days but I just cant see hillsong raver crews really gettin the vibe...?

FeralBrown

I've been a Christian and a doofer for longer than the bulk of you...
and I'm not the only one, just the only one not afraid of a little narrow-minded flack now and again...
I think they tend to fit together just fine...
Jesus was always accused by the self-righteous for the company He kept... it is now well-documented that many religious rituals and understandings were directly linked to the use of psychoactives (see how many DIRECT references to ritualistic involvement of acacia you find in the Bible and Torah... not speculative symbolic interpretations, but DIRECT REFERENCES)... Solomon wrote poem upon poem about dancing in nature... the list goes on... the perceived ideological conflict is only apparent in those (Christian and non-Christian alike) who don't actually take the time to gain any level of understanding...
Just like the whole techno-shamano-paganism, Christianity also has its roots in pretty archaic places...
Please don't construe this as preaching or any kind of attempt at shoving my beliefs down your throat or brainwashing you or whatever the fuck else... you asked!
:)

...as a semi-preachy aside (food for thought, not discussion), particularly given Andy the Professor's recent post, I find it pretty sad that a whole bunch of (generally new) people think that such a beautiful and open-minded scene necessarily has to exclude people for the sake of maintaining freedom and open-mindedness... srsly?!

*edit* some of you might find this interesting... I would've posted it when it first came to light, but it was in the middle of an Australiens-reverse-witch-hunt! ;)

tripn

Sinner

Hope you don't take my starting this thread as narrow minded flack FeralBrown and other God peoples, I just found it and thought it was interesting is all.

People can not help themselves from participating in the degeneration of something interesting into a bullshit-arse them-and-us type thing when it comes to religion.

You all need a fucking blanket and a hug.
49 posts Page 1 of 2