A Sydney Festival.

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
100 posts Page 4 of 4

Pete_Paranoid

if you don't receive a email within two days and you're interested in contributing please let me know.

Thanks!

spangk

SubStance wrote :
Cyberwlf wrote :
Trav - I disagree that you shouldn't have multiple stages, almost all the major festivals I've heard of have multiple including RSF, Tribe, etc and international festivals too.

I like the multiple stage idea, its just not a solution to a multiple crew event. Sure have two second stages, just don't play psy at both of them. The second stage at 777 was rocking, all sorts of grimy live material.

I think all sydney needs it some one to secure an annual event at a location like Glenworth. Really peoples, as if you wouldn't go to any psy festival held at glenworth. Like with real estate all the sydney scene needs to be successful is a kick arse venue that really close and clean and tidy enough to appeal to a broader audience.

I don't think added stages need necessarily be run by particular crews involved. It's equally feasible to have an added stage run by the festival crew OR invite an extremely capable outside crew to do it. Yes it could add to the costs but it may also add to the quality and diversity of music available. I think as much as the total management of the festival is important i think it's important to have diversity when it comes to the music, broaden the crowd and psytrance crowd also like seeing different music about.. more and more so. In my opinion this is sydney's weakness. I'm not saying we don't have quality i just think we could be braver and more respectful to to innovation and creativity in music.
Last edited by spangk on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FeralBrown

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
if you don't receive a email within two days and you're interested in contributing please let me know.

Thanks!

Hey man,
sorry to sound like a dick, but, as I said before, this will end in tears... I'm still willing to put my 2bob in away from the super-shiney-rainbow-eyes of the general populace... if you have a question, feel free to ask... :)

willB3

Cyberwlf, I see your on honcho's facebook friends list :lol: , not bad considering the affection you showed on psymusicUK . The thread is supposedly temp Locked and invisible . Your comments amuse me just as they do here. Hope the feeling is mutual. :D

Cyberwlf

willB3 wrote :
Cyberwlf, I see your on honcho's facebook friends list :lol: , not bad considering the affection you showed on psymusicUK . The thread is supposedly temp Locked and invisible . Your comments amuse me just as they do here. Hope the feeling is mutual. :D

I'm sure comments which are not jaded regarding the Psy community building something, a community you labeled on PsyMusic as bullshit, well yes I can imagine it would amuse you!

And as for your Facebook Friends list comment? :lol: Thanks for the laugh!

Woody

Just an Idea could we team up with some of the less cheesy festivals around Sydney to add our own stage.. eg Coastfest... or even playground weekender.. Grooving the Moo..

That way public liablity costs and alike could be shared and as with less chance of being a dud and loosing Shite loads of cash... ala Liquid Lab.. Summer dreaming and Happy Valley festivals..

willB3

Cyberwlf wrote :
willB3 wrote :

I'm sure comments which are not jaded regarding the Psy community building something, a community you labeled on PsyMusic as bullshit, well yes I can imagine it would amuse you!

And as for your Facebook Friends list comment? :lol: Thanks for the laugh!

It's funny that you think a community is built up over several years to ultimately rip the faithful off. The way people carry on about the vibe maan . Tell me what psy forum that has no benefit at all to the people you run it? Get serious and pull your head out of your asses and cut BS for a moment.

Once a community allows one festival to dominate more then any other and date rape the best celebration weekend of the Australian calendar . No wonder many fair priced festivals struggle so much. I noticed that SEQ is building up nicely with there festivals. Actually bring back more the old crowd out of the woods because they are fair prices with good production. This is community building a relationship of giving and taking. Though I would be happy to bet that if a SEQ festival was to hold its event on the Long weekend. People would support that more then paying a overpriced festival. But they can't do that can they as that does not fit into the protocol of forum domination that all the industry ( hobbyists djs production crews etc) get down on their hands and knees and bow to the Rainbow. What ever happened to sitting back and just enjoying seeing people have a great time regardless , though all it is now is just about a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow from peoples pockets. That's the true vibe maan. There is hundreds of really good DJ's and artists that never get to have a spin that weekend in the Country and get payed a reasonable fee for. All because they are not up on the lick ass scale and put their name on every page of a event promotion forum.

2 years ago -
TICKETING INFO:
First & Second Round Early-Bird tickets have sold out.

$105 + BF - limited amount available now only online www.g******x.com.au and from selected stores (*) soon.

$115 + BF - final round Early-Birds from all outlets from December 1st till sold out or December 31st

$135 + BF Ã

Cyberwlf

I dont actually get why your posting on a Sydney centric forum when your comments keep relating back to QLDs scene? We are different scenes, just ask Marsoups he used to live down in Sydney too.

I agree that RSF is rorting it a bit with prices, but common, ECs 666...erm 333 club? Thats just a blatant rip off. Yet you support them. Double standards. Either you support that more successful events do have the ability to leverage price how they chose as their success grows or you dont.

Now id personally prefer if prices remained lower, but as I said earlier, a balance between commercial interests mixed with underground talent is likely to allow such things to occur. Its great if QLDs scene is taking off as you say, but can you honestly tell me a few years down the track they wont go the same way if the success continues to build?

My community comment has nothing to do with people being ripped off, you somehow worked that into what you said. Community build the base which allow things to be created that otherwise defy 'commercial realities', something done for passion, something ive experienced and witnessed and been a part of. Something ive seen MANY do without money being the primary focus at all! So maybe a little less tunnel vision might do you some good here.

willB3

^ accusing me of tunnel vision :lol: I'm not a gyno but I sure see plenty of them (tunnels) in trance forums yet they are happy loving creatures at parties. Like psychedelic Dr Jekyll's and Mr Hyde's. :lol: . So I'm one of them and your not Cyberwlf?

Here you go with your one eyed spin on 333. Mate it was a concept , not a whole format for a festival. It was a premium choice. Some people like to have a drink and not worry about carrying much money with them to cover alcohol bar prices over a three day period. They don't have a car and can carry a esky ( some will always try and sneak and get through alcohol it into a licensed venue). It suited some people and EC gave them a choice. 2006 outcry over spacetribe originally was to be exclusive to 333 , EC listened and moved him to Hydra. As for overall feedback I think EC came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the effort to provide something that only suited a minority and only gave fuel for criticism.

That is the purpose of this debate we are having for the likes who might actually try and do something for Sydney. My advice is that if you take a one eyed view in everything you won't get anything happening. Sure you need arrogance , balls and ego but a balance and certainly not be afraid to learn by what others have tried and learn from. Sure make your own mistakes and learn by them. The way people twist everything to their own beliefs is common trait amongst many ,and that's something that makes most of us human.

Yes I mention QLD a lot because it has it's opportunity to learn from Vic and maybe make a better fist of it. Sydney in middle is a bit of a basket case ( IMPO) huge population but very disjointed. Somebody works there ass off to get Goa Gill ( a first in Australia) the artist cops a bagging re ( not everybody's taste in music I know -but!) , I not seen anything like it anywhere else in the world.

A lot of work has to be done to make a festival of size and proportion of the major Victorian ones. Why not take the effort and not repeat the same mistakes. That is why I point out the price structure of the event over the Australian Day long week-end. Limited cheap tickets , that only loyal forum sucks, email list get the opportunity to snap up. Not being fair to the ticket buyers of door tickets is a outrage. It stinks that these people are being used to make profit from and it is not fairly shared in ticket price structure.

venatrix

Welcome back Cybes. You haven't missed much... Australiens: still attracting weirdos and stalkers.

Lance

willB3 wrote :
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiii wooooooooooooooooorr wooooor whale noize

shut your fucking plankton hole you fat retarded whale! your posts are fucking cock neck. maybe youve been harpooned in the fucking brain too many times

nobody likes you, everybody wants you to fuck off and swim back out to the ocean. somewhere near japan.

Pete_Paranoid

FeralBrown wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :

Thanks!

Hey man,
sorry to sound like a dick, but, as I said before, this will end in tears... I'm still willing to put my 2bob in away from the super-shiney-rainbow-eyes of the general populace... if you have a question, feel free to ask... :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=5277354

No, you don't sound like a dick, you sound suicidal! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
What pisses me of the most is the ones you hurt the most from your pride is the innocent!

So having a bad day gives you the right to bring everyone else down?

Luckily I have an open mind and will leave this place for new horizons.

willB3

Lance wrote :
willB3 wrote :

shut your fucking plankton hole you fat retarded whale! your posts are fucking cock neck. maybe youve been harpooned in the fucking brain too many times

nobody likes you, everybody wants you to fuck off and swim back out to the ocean. somewhere near japan.

Well Lance that's your opinion and everybody has their own opinion. I see you are quite poetic in the way you write abusive remarks. Something that this forum allows to house the likes of you and abusive comments and threats. That might be the reason why it is constantly under the watchful eye of authorities etc. Good to see Lance you speak for everybody else and have consulted members of this forum. Have you not worked out how to use the Administration controls?

What exactly have you offered for this topic? telling me to F off. The best thing people can do if they genuinely want to put on a big festival in Sydney. Is just that, F off from this forum and go their own way free from the likes of you. Take some control of over communication / promotion medium.

This cracks me up, but also sad in a way. Though it does back my point up of going it alone.
Sensory Overload with DJ Ryo
Sunrunner 0 70 Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:52 am
SunrunnerView latest post
as too
Channel ? [SYD]
[ Goto pageGoto page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6 ] venatrix 138 2315 Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:12 pm
yuffieView latest post
Yay for the Sydney psy heads. This forum - what is the point. The interviews are outdated and Admin have given up and sold out too the obvious .

Aren't people tired of give give giving and the likes of some in this forum just do everything to destroy it. Interesting comment by Pete Paranoid previous post by the way. Truth is a lot of people have given up. Oh well at least this forum gives a place and excuse to put promotional banners for the interest of the people who own it. :lol:

Cyberwlf

venatrix wrote :
Welcome back Cybes. You haven't missed much... Australiens: still attracting weirdos and stalkers.

Thanks ;) Yeah I was pretty certain that would be the case, but you know, checking back in to see what fun and games have currently been going down before I return for my visit back home!

venatrix

Cyberwlf wrote :
Thanks ;) Yeah I was pretty certain that would be the case, but you know, checking back in to see what fun and games have currently been going down before I return for my visit back home!

Fully! Although it's all fun and games until they turn up on your doorstep... party? what party?

infinafta

venatrix wrote :
Cyberwlf wrote :

Fully! Although it's all fun and games until they turn up on your doorstep... party? what party?

yo, datz why I stay stocked up, nigga, so bring dat shit on, homie

keep it real and listen to uncle Lance, fucktards, that ain't face juice he is oozing, its pure wisdom, yo. And keep yo crib stocked up for da bitchez

bobret the hobret

willB3 wrote :
Lance wrote :
willB3 wrote :

Well Lance that's your opinion and everybody has their own opinion. I see you are quite poetic in the way you write abusive remarks. Something that this forum allows to house the likes of you and abusive comments and threats. That might be the reason why it is constantly under the watchful eye of authorities etc. Good to see Lance you speak for everybody else and have consulted members of this forum. Have you not worked out how to use the Administration controls?

What exactly have you offered for this topic? telling me to F off. The best thing people can do if they genuinely want to put on a big festival in Sydney. Is just that, F off from this forum and go their own way free from the likes of you. Take some control of over communication / promotion medium.

This cracks me up, but also sad in a way. Though it does back my point up of going it alone.
Sensory Overload with DJ Ryo
Sunrunner 0 70 Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:52 am
SunrunnerView latest post
as too
Channel ? [SYD]
[ Goto pageGoto page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6 ] venatrix 138 2315 Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:12 pm
yuffieView latest post
Yay for the Sydney psy heads. This forum - what is the point. The interviews are outdated and Admin have given up and sold out too the obvious .

Aren't people tired of give give giving and the likes of some in this forum just do everything to destroy it. Interesting comment by Pete Paranoid previous post by the way. Truth is a lot of people have given up. Oh well at least this forum gives a place and excuse to put promotional banners for the interest of the people who own it. :lol:

LOLOLOLOLOL! Hail Lance! He hath returned..

"iii iiiii whale noize!" LOR!

FeralBrown

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
FeralBrown wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :

Thanks!

Hey man,

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=5277354

No, you don't sound like a dick, you sound suicidal! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
What pisses me of the most is the ones you hurt the most from your pride is the innocent!

So having a bad day gives you the right to bring everyone else down?

Luckily I have an open mind and will leave this place for new horizons.

It's got nothing to do with pride, man...
I'm happy enough to have fun in my own way, with people I'm "on a level" with- whether it be 5, 50, 500 or 50 000. I'm more than willing to help those serious about it, no matter what it is they're after. I like the idea (who wouldn't) but you will have a lot at stake...

Pete_Paranoid

communication:Meeting postponed so I can get other work out of some the way. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

jaimz

For those looking for inspiration I would suggest a two-day party at the Newington Armory (site of The Great Escape festival), with music running 9am until 9pm each day on main stages, and small, quieter stages running 9pm to 9am.

These are the kind of models that would work well I think.

Pete_Paranoid

^ Thanks for your suggestion Mr T!

I have received correspondence expressing interest in volunteering from several people from different crews and questions from many others, thanks for your support!
What I am really looking for now is help with financial contributions!

[quote]
GLADE MUSIC FESTIVAL

Now in its 4th year, the Glade Festival is on the weekend of the 20th-22nd July. Considered by some to be the renegade dance stage at Glastonbury, the idea has grown into a multi-genre music festival featuring cutting edge electronic music. With a strong aversion to all things corporate and mainstream and with a great love of all things alternative, underground and interesting, the Glade this year will have a mind boggling array of artistic ideas; musically, sonically, visually and extra sensorily, from all over the world.

Venue: The Chamber, Newbury Town Council, Town Hall, Market Place, Newbury RG14 5AA Date & Time: Friday, 13 April 2007 at 12.30pm

The Glade Music Festival

Volume limit causes festival row Sat 14 April 2007

Organisers of a popular music festival in Berkshire have lodged an appeal against council restrictions on the level of noise it can make.
The Glade Festival, which is held in July on the Wasing Estate near Aldermaston, was granted a licence by West Berkshire Council last month.

But its backers are to appeal against conditions placed on the volume of the music played at the three-day event.

Magistrates will consider the appeal at a pre-trial hearing on 23 May.

The festival has previously drawn some complaints from locals over noise created throughout the night.

Its organisers said they had worked hard to correct problems that arose in previous years.

Hi-tech sound systems that reduce noise pollution will be used at the event to be held on the weekend of 20-22 July.

In a statement on the festival website, they said: "The issue of sound at the Glade Festival has been one of our biggest challenges.

"For the last two years, we've not got it right from both the perspective of our audience and also, and just as importantly, from that of those living locally.

"And, on the basis of 'three strikes and you're out', we realise that we absolutely have to get it right."

A council spokesman said it was "highly supportive of artistic and cultural events across a wide spectrum".

But he added that conditions limiting the volume of the music had to be added to the licence "given objections from local residents about potential noise nuisance".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 615087.stm

Email: newburytoday.@newburynews.co.uk
Phone: 01635 564632

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Arti ... cleID=4150

Glade Festival party clubber

Police tell licensing sub committee how drug dealing is rife at dance music festival

DRUG taking and drug dealing at the Glade festival has rendered it “unpoliceable,â€

Pete_Paranoid

I am preparing a 1st draft cost quote list.
From my experience these things take time, so here is a video to keep you all amused...

"It's the End of the World as we Know it"
http://www.todaysbigthing.com/betamax/b ... llscreen=1

bellybutton

hey its j from j world
pete...you need an art director count me in!!!!!!
send me info at bellybutton@graffiti.net
hope everyone is groovin out there,,see you in te forest!!!

Pete_Paranoid

Thanks J!

As previously forecast in the "End of the World as we Know it" video, I'm working on getting a psytrance friendly site.
Lets take one step at a time before writing anything on or off, to not do so would be arrogant, ignorant, or naive.

yes_no

Pete,

I'm up for helping in any creative way I can.

Rachel (from the mountains)
100 posts Page 4 of 4