No refund for cancelled Shpongle tix

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
36 posts Page 1 of 2
copatrance

Has anyone else been burnt by Danceaid/earl of fnord over the cancelled Shpongle + live band tour that was supposed to be happening in March 09? I bought tix in Nov but since then the promoter has "ceased trading" and my money has disappeared with them. This is their explanation:

Hello

Due to a number of reasons which will be detailed in the new year,
Dance Aid has unfortunately had to cease trading. As a result of this
we cannot at this stage provide you with a direct refund. However, we
strongly urge you to contact you bank/credit card provider and discuss
with them their charge back/refund policy for the purchased tickets.

We will keep you informed with updates as we continue to work through
this matter.

We appologise for this situation, it has upset us more than you can imagine.

Kind regards

Peter Suwara
surf mountain Boursinos

My bank didn't want to know about any "refund policy" and recommended I go to the dept of fair trading. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or does anyone know any more to fill in the gaps here??? :(
Last edited by copatrance on Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hypnos

Yep, I'd say a fair few people are in the same boat... I saw a graphic saying that first round tix sold out, so yeah.... not a pleasant sitch.:x

Srange that your bank said that....how did you pay for the tickets? They usually have dispute forms for both CC and EFT transactions... if not, I'd suggest changing banks!

I went to Fair Trading first and they referred me to my bank. I haven't had the money refunded as yet, but I've completed and sent back all the forms, so fingers crossed... A few people on Oztrance have already posted saying that they've been refunded this way.

Fair Trading did say that if the bank couldn't help, then they would chase down the promoter.

I gathered together a few pieces of info before contacting them..

-Email advertising the gig.
-invoice from ticket purchase (confirmation and payment emails)
-Statement from Twisted records website saying that Shpongle was never secured
-emails saying no refunds from EC/Danceaid
-Any correspondence between you and EC/Danceaid.

Cheers and good luck!

copatrance

Cheers for the good advice Hypnos.

I paid by credit card. The bank said the disputed payment form was only for disputing unauthorised payments and so wasn't applicable for a legit transaction where the promoter subsequently goes under. Given that others have had success with it tho I will definitely try again with fair trading as a back up.

Thanks again and good luck to you and anyone else in the same boat

Hypnos

No worries mate,

If it helps, the type of dispute should be classified something like "Transaction authorised however no goods or services received". There's usually a 30 day timeframe where you can't action, but since it was in November, hopefully you should be right.

psyllium

Hypnos wrote :
If it helps, the type of dispute should be classified something like "Transaction authorised however no goods or services received".

I've had success with this before for other things. Usually it's in the card company standard policy, e.g. Visa/Mastercard, where this sort of chargeback happens. The bank should be able to handle it for you.

gher

I'm with ANZ and called them up about it. They said they'd try to handle it for me but didn't like my chances and recommended I report it to the police on fraud.

copatrance

Westpac have now given me a temporary credit (in theory, not yet there for real) for the full amount but have set a time limit of 90 days for them to to resolve the issue ie. to chase the promoter down for that amount. If they can't make good the debt in that time I might have to pay it again. They were particularly concerned to know that I had contacted the dept of fair trading before they would proceed with any crediting of my account - I told them that fair trading had referred me back to my bank. See what happens from here I guess. Is a night out meant to be so much hard work?!!

spangk

gher wrote :
I'm with ANZ and called them up about it. They said they'd try to handle it for me but didn't like my chances and recommended I report it to the police on fraud.

yo let me know, i taKE credit for my tick. What a stupid fuk hey. Can't believe people have supported him for so many years no matter what! has been obvious all the way... and now when i did, but for what i thought was worth it :/ got my karma hey. Lemme know :~)

Hopefully if banks put pressure on, altho have no idea to what extent they'd go. Costs to them also, depends on laws/regulations i guess :? *no idea*

gher

Don't worry about it Jose for unlike surf mountain, I don't charge people for things I don't deliver.

spangk

no way bro, so appreciate where u come from though *namaste* i'm unsure but ppl from international waters call me baba sometimes not sure wt means but maN, i committed via your card of thought for me... and fuk he's a koonteh, always wanted to say so, but yeah. Always was. just cracy.

...ever read Marching Powder? About the only decent but still fukd story about such things I've read... the swimming hole. Nobody swam in by choice. Bad and negative paradigm but still. Have to be careful 'cause that one path leads to many places.. Everyone has there limits.

I have no euro, but will do my best to bring what energy we need here ya? I know some longer term ppl, been working so hard for us, all of our good times. Our growing and learning. I have this view, others have theirs ok, no worries. Still Australia, middle tectonic plate ok. So free. Australia is soooo fortunate, amazing we know. Always i am open to anyone who has creative ideas plans, support most i can. YET still, i have i think, bar one now two conversation come to me. Not from my land. No worries is good, but stop waiting is ok too. Seee so many friends say so much online, yet never, a call to me for forward. With so much energy, very rare amount. Never say do they say, i have creative, full force energy, here we should, we can, i use you and you use me. Stay honest to eachother. Ok not all of us can do this. So fine, no need for a judge here. Will's have many ways, of course. Keep the peace and fuk the rest, other than acknowledgment, and acceptance for it's reality amidst mine and yours. Oh ho yea, that's what acknowledgment means, sorry. Engliss isn't first for all..

..way to deviate eh = aye?!
cause languages /spelling, u know! :shock:

ok so i am being wayyyy over top. of course. BUT i believe many pp, will never get returned what they deserve from such mental fiasco from anothers cracy head, so fuk it. I WANTTTTT sphongle, all crew. !!! Lets start a petition (heheh funny joke to me) find a way, if that dik can attempt and fail, some ppl can can fukn DO IT, some of you know who i mean. I'll be full with anyone, work hard ;-) To share and spread that in Australia, when even SHPONGLE *DJ* set had ppls coming saying, "o yea i heard of, that song..." Then 1hr later saying "fuk, so so so so sos sos sos so so so glad i came" some said, "or i would not have known"! Some said, have heard many times but NEVER really. How many make those sounds that is Sphongle anyway? More than 2 yeah? Would be interesting i think. So curious i am of course. Anyway...

geek it real cuties :~)

sooo lovely, and kin dza dza oooo i haven't come close for so long and sooo grateful. My absolute expansions, sort of. Not for all i know. He has history, some know. So pure too, and now i know :~) truly

Bindi

I didn't want to support EC either, but seeing Shpongle live was too good to resist.

But, I got my refund... via my credit card bank (ANZ), & it wasn't too hard.
I called them, explained the situation.. filled out the forms & faxed them with the supporting doco & within 14days or so I got my money back.

As many others have mentioned (in this forum & oztrance), you just need to fill out the dispute form with the option for: I did authorise this transaction but have not received any goods/services.
Provide the invoice/ticketing email, any emails that you've received & sent (i requested a refund from the promoter & was advised it would be done.. & then no refunds as they had ceased trading) Also provide the email/notice from the twisted site & you should be right.

You can make the claim as: the event is no longer going ahead, the promoter & act are in legal dispute over it, & the promoter has advised that they will not offer refunds.. i think their last email even stated that we should take it up with our bank etc if we didn't like their actions.

Good luck!

MeowTron

does this mean the banks will go after earth sore to recoup funds?

The Journey Man Project

The banks have insurance against fraud and as long as your claim is investigated and found to be valid the banks will return the funds to you.

I have experienced this a number of time visiting Malaysia.

Bindi

tract

Absolutely disgraceful and manifestly unprofessional business conduct.

Let us hope they feel the full weight of the law.

8)

sman

I paid on visa debit, reported the transaction to my bank (HSBC) and they refunded my money after about a week.

So good luck people!

gher

I got an email a couple of days ago about getting refunds for Shpongle tickets. Did anyone else get it? I find it very strange that no one has posted it up anywhere.

It reads:

[quote]
earl of fnord SHPONGLE 09 - REFUNDSâ€

FRACAS

gher wrote :

YOUR FULL NAME
BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER
BANK ACCOUNT BSB
BANK ACCOUNT NAME
TOTAL NUMBER OF TICKETS

Sounds like the email i get from Nigeria ..... probably as trustworthy too...

tripn

[quote="gher"]I got an email a couple of days ago about getting refunds for Shpongle tickets. Did anyone else get it? I find it very strange that no one has posted it up anywhere.

It reads:

[quote]
earl of fnord SHPONGLE 09 - REFUNDSâ€

gher

Just the email. There's nothing except an info email address at the Oasis Productions website. I'd be wary about that company but apparently someone on ITM managed to get their money back.

tripn

does anyone have the new phone number and address for dance aid/earl of fnord posse or the mobile numbers for spir0 or peter?

itchytriggerniggerfingers

What about trying ASIC & see what info they have available on their website?

tigger

ASIC will not have anything as this is a registered business name not a company.

The ABR search shows that this is one of Peter Suwaras trading ABNs. See image

ASIC shows Dance Aid Pty Ltd as still registered and Peter Suwara as sole director (S***o seems to have resigned / jumped ship)

Make of this what you will. Personally I haven't a clue what is going on or why they would be wanting to pay refunds from a (technically) unrelated business name.

If anyone on here has the necessary search resources I'm sure that many would be very interested to know who the beneficiaries of an entity known as Dance Aid Trust ABN 43 132 176 228 are. This trust is the name of the bank account that was receiving funds from EC and Shpongle ticket sales.

The thot plickens.......

What a load of nonsense. Makes we just want to go danceing to forget about it all.

tripn

tigger wrote :
ASIC shows Dance Aid Pty Ltd as still registered and Peter Suwara as sole director (S***o seems to have resigned / jumped ship)

Hi Tigger, Where does it say that? I looked them up but it doesnt show the directors name, company address, phone number or anything. you have to pay ASIC for that info.

also if you know anyone who is owed $2k or more by dance aid pty ltd i know the process to send them into litigation.

FeralBrown

Just be careful, man... sometimes trying to claim debts can wind up costing more than what you would've got... I'd be fairly willing to bet that an avalanche of litigation will send them into administration... then you almost definitely won't see your money, and you'll owe some!
Fucked, but true.
36 posts Page 1 of 2