blank

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
85 posts Page 1 of 4
bellybutton

blank
Last edited by bellybutton on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rollyz

Thats terrible! :verymad:

Seems like people bringing dogs to parties are starting to become trouble. Some discussions on Oz-Trance about this. It was ok when few people did it, but its becoming too popular, even to the point where dogs make packs and roam the party.

One suggestion is to charge 4x the door price for entry of dogs. Only the dedicaded will want to bring them then.
DECRION DEE

Yeah I know ay, with so many packs of wild vicious roaming dogs, its no longer safe to party, like I was gunna bring my baby to the next one but now im not so sure....
VJ DAMAGE

shame.
well said J
Thoughts to the person injured and the poor dog.

Poor dog indeed. I don't know if it was the owner or not, but i watched, from a distance, someone twirling a stick with one hand while holding this dog on a rope with the other. The poor dogga got sconed on the head at least twice and was cowering at the end of the rope for a while before the person noticed. :cry:

Incidentally, the dog is a bull terrier not a pit bull. I had an identical one, only smaller and female. As much as she was a beautiful little pixie dog, there was no way on earth that I could have taken her to a party. To much stimulation for her and to much responsibility for me to watch her every second. I think bullies are lovely, but they are not social animals outside of their immediate family. I think, if you are experienced enough with dogs to be capable of properly and responsibly sharing your life with a bullie, then you have to know that they should not be at parties.

Dogs are not fashion items and are generally better off a home than going to parties. I think if you take a dog to a party you must be responsible for everything it does and aware of its effect on people around you.

owl?
Last edited by VJ DAMAGE on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
boondocksaint

Non-aggressive dogs bring a lot of flavour to the party and bringing them should be encouraged. I've seen large packs of friendly dogs roaming, and it's a pretty wonderful sight.
As for bull terriers, you've got to be kidding. I also saw that dog at metaphysics and thought things would end in tears. leave your vicious ones at home!
STEVONOISEMAKER

well said all!

the dog in question is a lovely one, but as said above bull terriers are definitely not dogs to take into places with crowds and excitement and noises and other dogs. instiincts (in this case fighting) that are bred into them are very quick to surface when the dog's senses are all inoverdrive...
also, it's one thing if it's a one of mistake, but i think poog fido's behaviour has made it clear he doesn't belong at doofs.

i don't know if said owner uses straliens, we should just nicely each explain it to him i say, and hopefully they'll get the point.

on another note though, the pack of tiny furry critters running around definitely added character to the place. and the jolly bull dog who was UNDEFEATABLE at tug of war! jeepers, that's one of the coolest dogs i've ever seen in my life, much fun playing games with him/her:)

back to the point though, people should indeed think about it HARD before bringing a four legged friend to such a gathering. especially if a dog has harmed someone, it's to be left at home...
venatrix

does anyone have any pics of it so we can all recognise it if it appears at another party and make a pre-emptive strike?
Experience Hamparty

its just a plain white bull terrier ey. Also i was told about one of the dogs chasing a big lace monitor. There were also wombat holes which could prove dangerous for dogs as they will probably be killed if they decide to go down there after a wombat.
flashfire

VJ DAMAGE wrote :
Dogs are not fashion items and are generally better off a home than going to parties. I think if you take a dog to a party you must be responsible for everything it does and aware of its effect on people around you.

I fully concur, although some dogs are suited to the doofin' lifestyle. Charis, Stomp's dog, is a supreme doof dog! Having said that, there is no way I'd take either of my 2 goldies to a party; I'm sure every dog lover there would love interacting with my Indigo and Summer girls very much, however it's just way too intense with too much stimulus and noise for it to be a good thing for them. I took one of them to a Perry Park a couple of years back and she hated it, despite all the pats and attention. It's in the best interest of my dogs to not go doofin', and I can relax without having to be constantly "parental". Gotta do what's best for the furkids, which in my case, is to leave them at home.
Psychonaut

Surprise surprise. Sarcastically it is not that this subject arises. Dogs was discus in the review thread of Maitreya Festival on OT. Actually the subject comes up very often. J from J world doesn't say much on forums and when he does it is for very good reason.

As the subject goes for little kids being at parties. The debate for ever ongoing should they be allowed or not. The thing is imagine if this dog or any other dog attacked a little child . The chance of death is far greater.

The problem is NO DOGS mean NO DOGS but people including promoters and gate staff fail to enforce it. This means every persons dog even a bloody hand bag pooch / doof dog. This in itself is a breach - duty of care.

The problem is this community has a attitude that well we don't play by all the rules or agree to being controlled manipulated by all the rules society places upon us. We go to illegal parties and get off chops. So we put ourselves in a world of self regulation. What happens then when shit really hits the fan? We blame each other or find a escape goat. Lets say the person who had his leg bit gets a infection and loses his leg? Yeh a bit far fetch and going over the top , but a real possibility. Now a loss of leg, think about this and how much a leg is worth to a life? Then insurance and legal issues come to mind.

The real issue is that one day major shit will go down with a dog. Unless people bite the bullet now. The time bomb just keeps ticking away.

Only comment to J is that your opening comment was a bit personally directed. Hard not to in the situation. But the problem is that issue alone is just not this incident. It is something that's been always a simple thing in a too hard basket.

NO DOGS.
ATREYU

I like dogs at parties.

If they are naughty/violent dogs then its the owners responsibility to leave them at home, supervise their activity or tie them up.

The vast majority of dogs i've ever seen at parties are fine.

-----

On a side note- I think violent people who start fights should be banned. e.g One guy who i won't name (atm) punched a friend of mine in the face at Psyfari for no reason, this same person is responsible for the worst fight that has ever taken place at a doof in Sydney years ago at 'As You Wish". I'm tempted to put his face on here warning everyone about him , yet i'm not sure whether it is appropriate.
cheebaholic

was the dude french with dreads who was hit in the face?
ATREYU

cheebaholic wrote :
was the dude french with dreads who was hit in the face?

No.

The reason i brought this up was because there was no reason for it either, no provocation at all. When i see a friend assaulted and without reason it really pisses me off, especially as this guy has done it b4.

+If we are gonna ban certain dogs, then shouldn't we think the same for people who attack others.
FeralBrown

venatrix wrote :
does anyone have any pics of it so we can all recognise it if it appears at another party and make a pre-emptive strike?

I think if the owner and dog have already been identified, and it's a serious complaint, the ranger will most likely be making a pre-emptive strike long before the dog makes it to the next party... if said "attack" wasn't as serious as is being made out, I'd strongly urge some clarification before the poor fucker gets put down.
venatrix

FeralBrown wrote :
I think if the owner and dog have already been identified, and it's a serious complaint, the ranger will most likely be making a pre-emptive strike long before the dog makes it to the next party... if said "attack" wasn't as serious as is being made out, I'd strongly urge some clarification before the poor fucker gets put down.

Well yeah, I didn't want to go all vigilante and cause a ruckus, but if it were me that was attacked I would have reported it to the police, taken them to court, and have the dog put down. A dog with such an irresponsible owner is a dead baby waiting to happen.
Psychonaut

venatrix wrote :
Well yeah, I didn't want to go all vigilante and cause a ruckus, but if it were me that was attacked I would have reported it to the police, taken them to court, and have the dog put down. A dog with such an irresponsible owner is a dead baby waiting to happen.

It's not my intention to make this personal. Some things are very easy to say or discuss on a trance forum but put yourself in the situation in real life actually happening and not hypothetically saying ' if '.

The problem is say if it is a illegal party, without permits etc. The consequences of a straight dog bite you report. For a start you must call police immediately. Sure that will make you a popular person. Then lets say a legal party that does have permit. No dogs is printed on ticket as condition of entry. Most legal if not all festivals it says NO DOGS are allowed somewhere. But as it happens , it is not policed properly or ever at all. You get bitten and still a humongous mess occurs by you reporting it immediately as you should. Say its Friday night of a four day festival that miraculously got a permit just days before it started! Mr chief sergeant gets called and closes the venue and party down next day. All those munters blame the dog owner? blame the dog? blame the promoter? promoter blames the gate staff? promoter blames the site manager? owner of land blames the promoter and staff? OR DO MOST PEOPLE BLAME THE PERSON THAT GOT BITTEN FOR CLOSING THE PARTY/FESTIVAL DOWN?

Yeh I love dogs - nice friendly ones. But I love more responsible dog owners that leave there pooches at home. I suggest now is better then too late to get anal on the dog issue.

Sure some people are nothing more then feral muts. These violent people go to doofs and get away with murder compared to a outdoor music festival / concert -BDO type of event. You ever break the law by taking it into your own hands and possibly making it worse. Hire more responsive security- charge more for tickets and kill the vibe as well. Not going to be popular doing that.
Best solution is go more underground and private.

end rant /.
STEVONOISEMAKER

ATREYU wrote :
One guy who i won't name (atm) punched a friend of mine in the face at Psyfari for no reason, this same person is responsible for the worst fight that has ever taken place at a doof in Sydney years ago at 'As You Wish". I'm tempted to put his face on here warning everyone about him , yet i'm not sure whether it is appropriate.

Name and shame Atreyu!
Such behaviour should indeed be boycotted.
Amber

Psychonaut wrote :

As the subject goes for little kids being at parties. The debate for ever ongoing should they be allowed or not. The thing is imagine if this dog or any other dog attacked a little child . The chance of death is far greater.

Dogs should be banned unless muzzled and on a leash. This attack is totally unacceptable behavior!! Of course kids should be allowed!!! I have never heard of a child attacking someone at a party!!! I would be most unhappy if children were not welcome, as it would mean I would be attending far fewer parties. All should be welcome, if steps to ensure reasonable behavior are taken.
STEVONOISEMAKER

indeed banning children is a completely stupid idea.
The whole point of putting on events like this is to create a fun space where all people, young and old alike are welcome and feel safe.

If it is too dangerous, out of control for the safety of anyone, you’re doing it wrong.

That said, while everyone is welcome, once someone has clearly shown they behave in a way which is upsetting or harmful to others, ie starting fights, then they have lost their privilege to attend future gatherings.

My opinion anyway.
spangk

STEVONOISEMAKER wrote :
That said, while everyone is welcome, once someone has clearly shown they behave in a way which is upsetting or harmful to others, ie starting fights, then they have lost their privilege to attend future gatherings.

My opinion anyway.

I agree... what beg's the asking.. What if initiator of violence is producer or dj?

btw, am glad this entire agressive behaviour has been brought up, needs to be opened up and nipped in the bud :!:
bellybutton

in regards to my naming the person (Shaun with the dog shadow).....this person has been asked on numerous occasions to stop behaviour that is affecting the gathering of our tribe, other than this dog issue...i had no other way, of telling that selfish angry man not to bring his dog again and his negative attitude. We have a wonderful group of likeminded souls and we dont need this attitude to come onto sacred ground. You only have to see whats happening to the parties up nnsw....with lots of drunken drug fucked yobos creating a very unfriendly environment for all the happy people. We all try to help and guide lost souls, but if the tribe stands up together and names and shames individuals that are constantly out of order hopefully they will change for the better or we will help them to piss off and take their negative shit with them. I do bring 2 lovely dogs (Mickey and Kink)that love doof and catching up with their 4 legged friends. They are trainned and loved and anydog should be welcomed if their owner has brought them up right. All you have to see is the 2 staffies that aiden brings they are so mello, chilled and joyful...that any child could jump on them and ride them like a pony.
We are all wonderful strange creatures but we can lift ourselves higher respect our fellow friends, care for the environment(stop throwing you rubbish on the ground...shit in a hole and cover it) and evolve...and love ya dogs
FRACAS

spangk wrote :
............... What if initiator of violence is producer or dj?

:!:

um ...treat them as you would treat anybody else ....
ie ...kick their arse from the venue

the question of who is to kick there arse out is the problem as most punters dont wish to get involved with violence???
so bring on the security debate???

dogs ....good and bad ....up to the promoter to decide what type of enviroment they wish to create for their party.... Met so many nice animals at parties but have seen some shockers :shock: .... if you cant control your animal dont bring it ...or be prepared to leave with it..
Psychonaut

The days of Love and Light and all things Shanti .....................yeh all very nice in some Utopia. Some people live in this microcosm called "The top of Albert Hoffman Hill".

The only positive action that stops the problem is simple. No Dogs full stop. No advertising outdoor doofs on forums. By invitation only.

Kids, well in the eyes of some. They see irresponsible parents who bring their kids up in a drug environment by pushing that in their face. I'd say this would be popular general consensus by law makers , politicians , authorities and general popular public belief.

The worst case scenario - some dude takes his dog that has bitten before to a illegal party. His dog bites and severely hurts a little child. This then gets people very upset he gets told to leave and refuses. Next a major fight breaks out. Cops are called in and it then finds its way in the media and onto ACA / Today Tonight .

Why is that all people do is dance around the issue? Simple answer, IMHO 99.9% of forum banter is hypocritical dribble and doing absolutely nothing to deal with the issues. Until one day it is all too late.

The Harsh realities of life is not something you deal with by going to a party / festival, get off chops on liquid or any other concoction and everything is all peace luv spirals and mung beans.

Happy kids and lovely fun pooches and everyone in a big group hug. All welcome to our commune :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll:
spangk

FRACAS wrote :
spangk wrote :
............... What if initiator of violence is producer or dj?

:!:

um ...treat them as you would treat anybody else ....
ie ...kick their arse from the venue

the question of who is to kick there arse out is the problem as most punters dont wish to get involved with violence???
so bring on the security debate???

yes indeed that is the question, would be cool to have security for that stuff.. when it occasionally occurs. My fathers partner always said a womans serious and screechy voice of *STOP IT* etc.. always worked for her when breaking stuff up, her theory was it sent them back to their childhood and having mum rip it into them..
AdrianPsy

Maybe the organisers could allocate some other doofers as security? They could just still dance and stuff but if someone starts something then they have the right and responsibility to break it up. Ahh I dunno. Just hope this kinda behaviour doesn't keep happening. I wanna be able to enjoy myself at a doof (as I'm sure all of us do) without having to be paranoid about dickheads possibly hitting me for no reason or dogs attacking me. :(
85 posts Page 1 of 4