blank

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
85 posts Page 3 of 4
venatrix

mrbadgerman wrote :
Good luck considering you would have been on private property at an illegal event with no insurance. Attempting to get that dog put down would be a major injustice to it and it's owner considering half of you "concerned" people probably don't know the story or even the issue at metaphysics. At metaphysics numerous small dogs continually attacked the bull terrier and bit it legs, but finally after much duress the bull terrier mere knocked the other dog to the ground and left without biting it. To bellybutton why don't you keep your insulting personal attacks to yourself, or off the internet at least and actually speak to the owner instead of being so arrogant. To accuse the owner of not looking after that dog properly and having a bad life if ridiculous. The dog used to live on a 5 acre property till it was 2 on a 10 meter dog run, was fed dry food and received no attention from people what so ever because it was at breeders house and they decided it brow was too high so they weren't going to use him to breed, just to waste away. The owner took him and he now has a large yard with another dog to roam around in and is feed fresh meet regularly. It spends much of it time around babies and small children as there are a couple staying at the house. The dog attacked a human when it was already engaged with another dog for whatever reason and a human approached it from behind and grabbed it. A bull terrier has a lock jaw so if it didn't want to let go of his arm it wouldn't have. I'm not saying the person bitten doesn't have a right to be upset but issues can arise like this. Also no person ever spoke to either me or the owner about not taking the dog to more parties after metaphysics. Threatening legal actions also is ridiculous because considering the whole nature of what we were doing at psyfari was illegal and whatever ever other illegal activities went on in there are left alone, meaning that you shall be picking and choosing the laws you think to be appropriate and the ones you wish to ignore is absurd.

Don't wish to start arguments but this issue was approached the entirely wrong way and in a very hostile way, especially by who made the subject.

1. Saying that because the party was 'illegal' no one would have recourse to the law is like saying that if you are at a doof and someone attacks and kills someone else the law can't be involved ---> ie. stupid and wrong. The law doesn't change just because you're at a party

2. If other smaller dogs were attacking the bully at metaphysics then:
a) the owner obviously wasn't looking after it then either and
b) that should have been a sign that the dog should not be brought to any more doofs for its own safety!

My advice is to not worry too much about the speculation on here but to absolutely understand the core of the discussion which is don't bring the bully to any more parties. I met the owner at a party a while ago and he seems to love the dog very much. So for his dog's safety and everyone else's please just leave him at home from now on.
Psychonaut

Queen bitch Bully has spoken. Answers to the name of Amelia. :lol: :lol: :lol: Again she takes the psycus bait and shows her deep devoted infatuation to post a picture of someone that she bothers to go a lot trouble to show her true hypocritical drug fucked cr a ck-head self. Keep posting the pics of your loved one hun. :lol: Oh look you got Wade now to keep you company. Are you sure Marcus would appreciate the competition Amelia? Good to see your posting pictures of Marcus still, though that facebook one is getting rather boring.

Yep going back months and months ago last year. I remember someone saying you should just bonk him and get over it. Major lols. Why don't you just invite hm to be your facebook friend Amelia? You obviously want his attention like the others but non so more then you. Obviously for a very good reason hey? :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrbadgerman

venatrix wrote :
mrbadgerman wrote :
Good luck considering you would have been on private property at an illegal event with no insurance. Attempting to get that dog put down would be a major injustice to it and it's owner considering half of you "concerned" people probably don't know the story or even the issue at metaphysics. At metaphysics numerous small dogs continually attacked the bull terrier and bit it legs, but finally after much duress the bull terrier mere knocked the other dog to the ground and left without biting it. To bellybutton why don't you keep your insulting personal attacks to yourself, or off the internet at least and actually speak to the owner instead of being so arrogant. To accuse the owner of not looking after that dog properly and having a bad life if ridiculous. The dog used to live on a 5 acre property till it was 2 on a 10 meter dog run, was fed dry food and received no attention from people what so ever because it was at breeders house and they decided it brow was too high so they weren't going to use him to breed, just to waste away. The owner took him and he now has a large yard with another dog to roam around in and is feed fresh meet regularly. It spends much of it time around babies and small children as there are a couple staying at the house. The dog attacked a human when it was already engaged with another dog for whatever reason and a human approached it from behind and grabbed it. A bull terrier has a lock jaw so if it didn't want to let go of his arm it wouldn't have. I'm not saying the person bitten doesn't have a right to be upset but issues can arise like this. Also no person ever spoke to either me or the owner about not taking the dog to more parties after metaphysics. Threatening legal actions also is ridiculous because considering the whole nature of what we were doing at psyfari was illegal and whatever ever other illegal activities went on in there are left alone, meaning that you shall be picking and choosing the laws you think to be appropriate and the ones you wish to ignore is absurd.

Don't wish to start arguments but this issue was approached the entirely wrong way and in a very hostile way, especially by who made the subject.

1. Saying that because the party was 'illegal' no one would have recourse to the law is like saying that if you are at a doof and someone attacks and kills someone else the law can't be involved ---> ie. stupid and wrong. The law doesn't change just because you're at a party

b) that should have been a sign that the dog should not be brought to any more doofs for its own safety!

My advice is to not worry too much about the speculation on here but to absolutely understand the core of the discussion which is don't bring the bully to any more parties. I met the owner at a party a while ago and he seems to love the dog very much. So for his dog's safety and everyone else's please just leave him at home from now on.

Im not saying the law has no effect because we are at a party im saying a dog was allowed onto the property so it had the right to be there and the person bitten approached the dog in question so on a legal standing the person in question entered the dog in questions boundries so there is no legal standing what so ever and even if there was it would had to have been launched immediately as now it would have no effect. Saying the owner wasnt looking after it if other dogs attack it makes no sense the people that own the dogs that were attacking it should have theirs controlled. Thats like saying that guy atreyu mentioned who was punched unprovoked shouldn't go to anymore parties for his own safety or his friends weren't looking after him. The comment makes no sense.
boondocksaint

I don't think the issue is whether another dog bit first, or whether a human stupidly grabbed the dog from the back.. the issue is that a bull terrier, while being a bloody awesome dog to own and love, is a dangerous dog that can kill other dogs/small children. and the sort of things you've mentioned (other dogs biting, humans grabbing from the back) are exactly the sort of things that happen at parties. they will happen again, so leave the dog at home! next time it may be a kid that grabs the dog from behind... and yes, duty of care rules absolutely still will apply if you are at an illegal gathering where people are taking illegal drugs!

mrbadgerman wrote :
venatrix wrote :
FeralBrown wrote :
I think if the owner and dog have already been identified, and it's a serious complaint, the ranger will most likely be making a pre-emptive strike long before the dog makes it to the next party... if said "attack" wasn't as serious as is being made out, I'd strongly urge some clarification before the poor fucker gets put down.

Well yeah, I didn't want to go all vigilante and cause a ruckus, but if it were me that was attacked I would have reported it to the police, taken them to court, and have the dog put down. A dog with such an irresponsible owner is a dead baby waiting to happen.

Pete_Paranoid

mrbadgerman wrote :
venatrix wrote :
FeralBrown wrote :
I think if the owner and dog have already been identified, and it's a serious complaint, the ranger will most likely be making a pre-emptive strike long before the dog makes it to the next party... if said "attack" wasn't as serious as is being made out, I'd strongly urge some clarification before the poor fucker gets put down.

Well yeah, I didn't want to go all vigilante and cause a ruckus, but if it were me that was attacked I would have reported it to the police, taken them to court, and have the dog put down. A dog with such an irresponsible owner is a dead baby waiting to happen.

Mr Badgerman, you sir are an IDIOT! I have for the last six years had insurance! It cost about three times as much as getting your car insured. I do not legally have to do this! I do this not just for my own well being but for the well being of others (inc. you).
Do not come to any more parties as you do not enjoy our company and we do not enjoy yours.

Please be aware there were Police on the site.
mrbadgerman

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Mr Badgerman, you sir are an IDIOT! I have for the last six years had insurance! It cost about three times as much as getting your car insured. I do not legally have to do this! I do this not just for my own well being but for the well being of others (inc. you).
Do not come to any more parties as you do not enjoy our company and we do not enjoy yours.

Please be aware there were Police on the site.

I'm sorry i wasn't aware of the events insurance i retract that statement then. I enjoy the company of everyone i have met at the parties and haven't been aware of anyone not enjoying mine. The point of my comments wasn't to say i think the dog should still be allowed to parties but only to clarify some of the things surrounding the event that got skipped out. The dog won't be seen at anymore parties, that is already understood and i had spoken to one of the party organisers well prior to this conversation. I merely found that a lot of the comments posted in this subject were unjustified and took personal attacks at the dog and the owner whom they don't really know. If you took offense to me assuming there was no insurance sorry, but i still intent to go to parties for many years to come.
the_hairy_krishna

I completely agree with Psychonaut wrt no dogs at doofs... It makes me a little bit sad that little dogs like cotton (the poodle looking dog that was dressed up like a little goat) and his friend wouldn't be able to attend any more as they do add a certain element to the party, however, unfortunately these animals seem to be more trouble than that good vibe is worth.

Yes, I did personally see the man swinging the stick and accidently hitting Shadow over the head with it, yes I was concerned at his rather loose grip on Shadows lead and yes, I choose to give the pair a wide birth and no, I probably wouldn't have thought about doing that for any other dog there but this is a moot point as I shouldn't have had to do this in the first place. But, if the no dog rule had been enforced at the gate, or posted to greater affect on the webpages, then this unfortunate incident would not have occured.

Unfortunately in cases like this, which are serious enough to stimulate discussion, the parties involved will almost always deny being in the wrong. Just think if you have ever been involved in a multiple car accident and try getting anybody to admit fault. When I asked Shadows owner what happened, he stated that the man bitten was at fault because he was trying to break up a dog fight and shouldn't have been involved. In this case, the man bitten was trying to save his dog, which in my opinion, also should not have been allowed into the grounds.

My point being, if you leave it up to the owners discretion to decide whether to bring their dog or not, the owner may have a very one eyed view of their animals behaviour. If left up to gate staffs discretion, they make a wrong choice and let a dog in that bites someone (and whos to say if someone sneaks their dog in, they don't say the gate staff allowed it). As unfortunate as it is to say, a blanket rule on dogs may be the only answer.

And as for bringing children to doofs (any age <18), as small as the chances are that something could happen to them, it is a risk that I would absolutely never take. I met a 14 Y/O that was bragging about the drugs he had taken and laws broken etc etc (generally making himself look like a bit of an idiot) and it was very sad to see... kids need to be kids, doofs are for adults who are trying to be kids - best not to mix the two.
beatpyramid

mrbadgerman wrote :
venatrix wrote :
mrbadgerman wrote :

Im not saying the law has no effect because we are at a party im saying a dog was allowed onto the property so it had the right to be there and the person bitten approached the dog in question so on a legal standing the person in question entered the dog in questions boundries so there is no legal standing what so ever and even if there was it would had to have been launched immediately as now it would have no effect. Saying the owner wasnt looking after it if other dogs attack it makes no sense the people that own the dogs that were attacking it should have theirs controlled. Thats like saying that guy atreyu mentioned who was punched unprovoked shouldn't go to anymore parties for his own safety or his friends weren't looking after him. The comment makes no sense.

ok i see two things wrong with that;

1) The fact that the person entered the dogs territory is completely wrong. People are attacked by approaching dogs on private property all the time and often the dogs are impounded or put down and owners charged. We here of stories often where people have this happen to them. I have even been attacked by a dog on private property when i approached it, i was asked if i wanted to press charges but resisted as i have a fond love for animals of all kinds and believe that the dog was just confused or startled (that is personal belief). The Law would have held the owner responsible! So the fact that the dog attacked because someone entered his/her territory is irelavant as the law will still hold.

2) While i agree with your point on whether to bring the dog back to a doof after having its heals nipped at/ attacked. I don't agree with the analogy that you have used comparing a person being hit with a dog being attacked by other dogs. People can resolve this situations on their own and overcome, whilst an animal has less ability to do so, if not any as they act more upon instinct than people do. But i do not think that a dog being attacked should stop someone bringing it to a party, if anything it should be the people that own the dogs that where instigating the attacks that should reconsider their actions.

personally i would not take my dog to a doof. I have a 4 year old Staffie (which is a form of bull terrier) called Ella. She handles well in large crowds and can handle loud noise (fireworks, Free concerts things alike). She has never attacked a person of any age and loves other dogs. Sadly i just dont trust some people with her at a doof (as much as it hurts me to say that). She stays safely home in her little bed with all her toys and her large backyard and someone to look after her. I would much rather take her for a walk up the mountain beside my house than take her to a doof.
Psychonaut

the_hairy_krishna wrote :
I completely agree with Psychonaut wrt no dogs at doofs... It makes me a little bit sad that little dogs like cotton (the poodle looking dog that was dressed up like a little goat) and his friend wouldn't be able to attend any more as they do add a certain element to the party, however, unfortunately these animals seem to be more trouble than that good vibe is worth.

Yes, I did personally see the man swinging the stick and accidently hitting Shadow over the head with it, yes I was concerned at his rather loose grip on Shadows lead and yes, I choose to give the pair a wide birth and no, I probably wouldn't have thought about doing that for any other dog there but this is a moot point as I shouldn't have had to do this in the first place. But, if the no dog rule had been enforced at the gate, or posted to greater affect on the webpages, then this unfortunate incident would not have occured.

Unfortunately in cases like this, which are serious enough to stimulate discussion, the parties involved will almost always deny being in the wrong. Just think if you have ever been involved in a multiple car accident and try getting anybody to admit fault. When I asked Shadows owner what happened, he stated that the man bitten was at fault because he was trying to break up a dog fight and shouldn't have been involved. In this case, the man bitten was trying to save his dog, which in my opinion, also should not have been allowed into the grounds.

My point being, if you leave it up to the owners discretion to decide whether to bring their dog or not, the owner may have a very one eyed view of their animals behaviour. If left up to gate staffs discretion, they make a wrong choice and let a dog in that bites someone (and whos to say if someone sneaks their dog in, they don't say the gate staff allowed it). As unfortunate as it is to say, a blanket rule on dogs may be the only answer.

And as for bringing children to doofs (any age <18), as small as the chances are that something could happen to them, it is a risk that I would absolutely never take. I met a 14 Y/O that was bragging about the drugs he had taken and laws broken etc etc (generally making himself look like a bit of an idiot) and it was very sad to see... kids need to be kids, doofs are for adults who are trying to be kids - best not to mix the two.

Well said. It is some what difficult trying to speak logic on a trance forum. As logic to some is completely illogical to others. Then also many people form opinion and respond to not what is said, but who is saying it. So you have 2 posts and people will now question your legitimacy.

For most people, a lot of things go west when they go out to doofs to get off chops. People are actually scared to positively put a foot down. Just because they don't want to create a bad vibe and triggering of other possible problems or issues.

Every person who has personal liability insurance involved putting parties. It is worthless if you are involved with a doof without a DA / permit. This also includes trying to disguise a event to be something else it is not on a private resort / caravan park / camp ground etc. Basically a DA doesn't get final approval in most cases until a final inspection, that conditions of permit is met.

As harsh as it is, a blanket No Dogs rule is the simplest thing to make sense. This includes a little Jack Russell that is so cute and friendly and sits up on it owners shoulders as he dances. Why ? because you can't stop some people from bringing dogs and allow selected others to bring them. It just won't work and is unfair and most of all discriminative.

To be fair earlier I did say Jason (J) (necklace trinket / pendant maker) came across as being to much on a personal attack. As for the response a few posts back. If anybody is to blame - go to the top. Generally you find the top does most of the pointing blame on the ones below and the ones below the top. They wouldn't dare be putting themselves of side with the top they so often grovel to. So this then works it way into a earlier comment of mine. If DJ's / Artists stood more by whats right and wrong / work ethics / safe work - environment practice / duty of care. Bad promoters would be eventually starved from people going to their parties because only the shit DJ's and Artist's with the least respect would associate with these promoters.
Ok enough flogging a dead mule.
Ditch your car , ride a camel.
Sheik ya Kaykat. (psychonaut) :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrbadgerman

If the stick incident did occur it was neither me nor its owner as i don't twirl or do contact and the owner didn't remove his stick from the car the entire party. I think i know what person you would be referring to, a tall skinny guy with red hair? He is not a regular doofer and often has a lot of trouble keeping himself together while drunk, and at this party he was very intoxicated. I'm not saying that excuses his actions but that one scene shouldn't make you determine the sort of life that dog leads. Also this event would've happened well after the bite incident, seeming strange to me of why a bull terrier would attack someone else but not someone hitting it with a stick? If any of us would've seen this i'm sure we very hastily would've mentioned something to him, which leaves me to question why you or anyone else that saw didn't. It doesn't have to be done in a hostile way just a tap on the should and hey mate watch out for the dog with your stick.
STEVONOISEMAKER

Ayayay! All this arguing and negativity!

I guess I will throw in my two cents.

Dogs in general at doofs:
They do add to character, and yes owners need to be very wise in deciding whether or not to bring their puppies to loud outdoor gatherings.
While it may reach a point one day where a simple ban on dogs might be in place, I hope they day does not come for a long time, as well behaved pooches, who are used to the noise and craziness should be welcomed in my opinion. Until it reaches a point where they are banned, think wisely before bringing 4 legged friends with you, and keep in mind if they do bite someone, you are responsible for the consequences regardless of where it happens and how legal the circumstances. In this day and age, even if a burglar breaking into your house is bitten by your dog, YOU are the one who is responsible and liable for any injuries caused.

Mr badgeman:
Did indeed email me after the issue was brought up in psyfari review, saying he would be having words with shadow’s owner, as would we, the next time we see him.

Shadow:
He is not such a bad dog, just not one suited to doofs. Give him a big bone and leave him at home with the housemates.

Our parties:
While some aspects of a legit festival may be lacking, we do have a great relationship with the local community where we have been holding events, and are indeed planning to work together with them, local emergency services, and councils etc, to be able to create larger, 100% legal events for the future. Just takes time and a little courage to reach the level we would like our parties to be, not something that can be rushed.

Now.

Back to work…
venatrix

Well said stevo :D
treedreamer

animals are not tame and in that kind of environment it is all on.

doof is a high risk environment. is nobody noticing?

put them in with the other animals ie. sleep-deprived, drunk etc etc humans, then it is asking for trouble. so many times i see hungry, thirsty, stressed out dogs. of course they will be aggressive at some point.

to ask for the dog to be put down is overkill (!) surely. if it had wanted to it would have attacked to kill. it is merely it's nature. owners are responsible. tend to your animals.

there should be no big dogs at doofs esp. when little dogs and kids are about. then again, we saw some huge animals at a doof in france. now that was very fucking scary. had to practise all my soothing energy strategies that time.

i hope the bitten fellow is ok and the owner more mindful in future. would be terrible to have someone's death on your conscience.
beatpyramid

treedreamer wrote :
animals are not tame and in that kind of environment it is all on.

doof is a high risk environment. is nobody noticing?

put them in with the other animals ie. sleep-deprived, drunk etc etc humans, then it is asking for trouble. so many times i see hungry, thirsty, stressed out dogs. of course they will be aggressive at some point.

to ask for the dog to be put down is overkill (!) surely. if it had wanted to it would have attacked to kill. it is merely it's nature. owners are responsible. tend to your animals.

there should be no big dogs at doofs esp. when little dogs and kids are about. then again, we saw some huge animals at a doof in france. now that was very fucking scary. had to practise all my soothing energy strategies that time.

i hope the bitten fellow is ok and the owner more mindful in future. would be terrible to have someone's death on your conscience.

well said mate!
bargirl

Psychonaut wrote :
Ditch your car , ride a camel.
Sheik ya Kaykat. (psychonaut) :lol: :lol: :lol:

woohoo a camel

MadMadame

i love cats!!!
omnava25

If i ever see that dog again, let me assure you that the men of the tribe will see to it that you and your poor dog will be physically removed from the site and you will no longer be welcome within our happy community.
We do not tolerate this kind of behavior J from jworld[/quote] from a human or an animal,,,.,,,,,,satori and balal (the guy who punched our beloved guill) ,,,,,,someone had to say it.
I think the real issue(with the dog incident) is the fact that the owner walked around the next day with an apparently arrogant vibe, at least he should have taken in account the piece of mind of those involved, and been apologetic and kept the dog out of site, and restrained until he left the party early, that's what i would have done, and i have been in a similar situation before.
Pure__Ignorance

I suppose you gotta take the security debate to heart if you're a promoter and at the very least organise friends to stay straight enough to eject/restrain people if it's needed. Ban dogs - but allow exceptions to be granted before hand for animals known to behave responsibly.

Re:

omnava25

MadMadame wrote :
i love cats!!!

i love lizards!!!
beatpyramid

omnava25 wrote :
MadMadame wrote :
i love cats!!!

i love lizards!!!

i love snails!!!
tract

DECRION DEE wrote :
Yeah I know ay, with so many packs of wild vicious roaming dogs, its no longer safe to party, like I was gunna bring my baby to the next one but now im not so sure....

How old was she, the dog that is ?
seraphine_kitten

AdrianPsy wrote :
Maybe the organisers could allocate some other doofers as security? They could just still dance and stuff but if someone starts something then they have the right and responsibility to break it up. Ahh I dunno. Just hope this kinda behaviour doesn't keep happening. I wanna be able to enjoy myself at a doof (as I'm sure all of us do) without having to be paranoid about dickheads possibly hitting me for no reason or dogs attacking me. :(

No need to worry about needing Security at doofs Adrian.
Violent People or Violent dogs Usually don't rock up to doofs.
Having security is silly because then drugs should be completely banned also...
It's really rare occurrence for shit like this to take place in our scene and the guilty parties should take a big hard look at themselves and sort themselves out. We are a respectful and welcoming community and I'm sure the guilty people are sorting themselves out.
bluecosmicmonkey

i own a cattle cross staffy and a border collie and they are my children as much a part of my family as any human, i know their temperament and keep an eye on them whenever they are at a doof. i would never leave my cattle at home as he always goes everywhere with me, i know that their behaviour is fully my responsibility they are both very easy going but you never know what might happen in a high energy situation especially if you come across an aggressive dog. i think if you bring a dog to a party you need to be fully aware of the dogs behavioural patterns and if your dog is not suited to parties with scattered energy and intense situations, dont bring it. On the security issue i think if a situation arises that is unacceptable to the tribe there are members within that are willing (and have) stood up and dealt with those situations, lets face it you can do pretty much anything you like at a doof as long as it is not harming anyone or anything, and anything that is not acceptable is dealt with with efficiency and respect. if this guy brings his dog again he needs to know in no uncertain terms that he himself will not be allowed in to the party, and i will be happy to be the first to put up my hand for the task, as i also bring my son (aged 5) to some parties, and dont want to place him in any dangerous situations. This guy needs to be told with respect and from a non judgemental point of view.
Sinister Sequence

this thread is yearning for some dettol
as the actual dog bite has probably now healed.
:wink:
beatpyramid

Sinister Sequence wrote :
this thread is yearning for some dettol
as the actual dog bite has probably now healed.
:wink:

if its the bite im thinking of, it still is obvious. saw it at RE.
looked nasty but on the mend.
probably gonna leave a nasty scar too.
85 posts Page 3 of 4