Red Bull + Nurofen (Now with Poll)

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
17 posts Page 1 of 1

Tried Red Bull + Nurofen? How was the high?

41%
Nope
No votes
Yep. Was shit.
No votes
Yep. Was OK.
9%
Yep. Was good.
5%
Yep. Fuck Yeah! I saw God, I danced and tarted all night, I blew my balls (if I had some), met the Aliens, cost me sweet F.A. best night eva!
5%
Yep. Was so fuckin shit, I threw up, got a headahe, passed out, realised I got bum raped when I woke up with my pants over my head. I'm gona bash that hippy dude who sold me that Red Bull....
41%
I wish Wade was here to tell me more about GOD.

Total votes: 22

rollyz

I hear on the news this is what the kiddies are into now. Anyone try it? Whats the high? Could make it a cheap night out :mrgreen:
Last edited by rollyz on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tract

This would have been better as a poll.
AdrianPsy

Try it and see what happens...
Amber

I'm so off the idea of Red Bull since I learned about Taurine. Its synthesized for use in food products, but the idea is a bit gross. Natural Taurine is a major constituent of bile and can be found in the lower intestine and in small amounts in the tissues of many animals, including humans... ewww. Funny, I don't feel the same way about Rennet in brie cheese..... I prefer solid stomach enzymes and acids I guess.
DECRION DEE

yeah it gives a buzz...... but its nurofen plus not normal nurofen anyway why would you bother....
spangk

:lol: :lol: :lol:

..and i did not know that amber, wierd, will google that ;-)
Peril

I read that some of the Brisbane Footballers were doing this.

....someone should send them that 'jenkem' email :D
Woody

I thinks the media got stilnox and ibuprofin mixed up...
phoney

Back in my day it was all about the aspirin and coke....
noitnemretsim

Amber wrote :
I'm so off the idea of Red Bull since I learned about Taurine. Its synthesized for use in food products, but the idea is a bit gross. Natural Taurine is a major constituent of bile and can be found in the lower intestine and in small amounts in the tissues of many animals, including humans... ewww. Funny, I don't feel the same way about Rennet in brie cheese..... I prefer solid stomach enzymes and acids I guess.

Any foods that contain protein will contain taurine.
Azarias

Dangers of Energy Drinks

The problem with many of these energy drinks is not what you know is in them but what you don't know or aren't familiar with. While one of the most common ingredients in energy drinks is caffeine, this is only the tip of the iceberg as far as problems go. And yes, caffeine, especially in large quantities, is dangerous as it raises your blood pressure to begin with, not to mention other problems associated with the use of caffeine.

Energy drinks include high caffeine content (through the chemical found in guarana plants) and chemicals like methylxanthines, ginseng, maltodextrin and creatine. The average 8-ounce can contains around 80 mg of caffeine (the equivalent of one cup of coffee.) People use energy drinks for desired effects of increased energy and mental alertness. However, there are some negative side effects that include nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, increased urination, abnormal heart rhythms, decreased bone levels, and stomach upset. According to a “New York Times” article in May 2008, energy drinks have even led to seizures that require emergency room visits. France even banned Red Bull in 2001 after a young basketball player died after drinking four cans.

The new soft drink Cocaine is advertised as not causing the jitters or sugar crash associated with other energy drinks but contains 280 milligrams of caffeine and reputed to be 350 percent stronger than Red Bull! Bad news if you value your health.

To give you an example of what I am talking about, guarana, which is a very popular ingredient in many energy drinks, is a central nervous system stimulant. What you don't know is that consuming these drinks and then mixing them with drinks containing ephedrine or in conjunction with pharmaceuticals and diet pills can be very dangerous.

Ephedrine, a chemical cousin of amphetamine, stimulates the central nervous system, increasing heart rate and blood pressure, sometimes to dangerous levels. Besides heart attack and stroke and risk of seizures, it can cause nervousness, heart muscle damage, and irregular heartbeat Guarana and ginseng are often added to energy beverages and can enhance the effects of caffeine, often 80 mg and the equivalent of a cup of filter coffee.

Another popular ingredient in energy drinks is taurine, which is actually something that we naturally get from protein rich foods that contain vitamin B6. We normally get more than enough taurine in out diet and the extra amount that we get from these energy drinks, depending on how much we consume, can become toxic in our systems.

But even worse than what we know about the ingredients in these energy drinks that can be harmful, especially if mixed with other items, is what we don't know. The FDA has all but admitted that many of the ingredients in most popular energy drinks have not been fully tested as to their degree of "safeness." When you combine these factors with what we do know, that caffeine and some ingredients in these energy drinks can be harmful.

Energy drinks often have high levels of caffeine, which makes them especially dangerous for adolescents. Young people’s bodies are physiologically not matured yet, so this kind of stuff has a greater impact on them than it does adults.

Many sugar free energy drinks contain the artificial sweetener Aspartame which has been shown to have multiple neurotoxic, metabolic, allergenic, fetal, and carcinogenic effects.

What happens when energy drinks are combined with alcohol?

This combination carries a number of dangers:

§ Since energy drinks are stimulants and alcohol is a depressant, the combination of effects may be dangerous. The stimulant effects can mask how intoxicated you are and prevent you from realizing how much alcohol you have consumed. Fatigue is one of the ways the body normally tells someone that they've had enough to drink.

§ The stimulant effect can give the person the impression they aren't impaired. No matter how alert you feel, your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is the same as it would be without the energy drink. Once the stimulant effect wears off, the depressant effects of the alcohol will remain and could cause vomiting in your sleep or respiratory depression. Mixed with alcohol energy drinks may be even more lethal.

§ Both energy drinks and alcohol are very dehydrating (the caffeine in energy drinks is a diuretic). Dehydration can hinder your body's ability to metabolize alcohol and will increase the toxicity, and therefore the hangover, the next day.

Most energy drinks contain between 120 to 200 mg of caffeine, and some contain as much as 300 or even 500 mg. That's far more than the 34 mg in a can of cola or the 100 mg in a cup of coffee. Besides high levels of caffeine, a lot of drinks contain other stimulants such as taurine (an amino acid) and guarana (an herb that contains even more caffeine). It can be difficult to know the total dose of stimulants you're getting because amounts often aren't listed on the label.

Are there other risks from drinking energy drinks?

They can make you dehydrated, keep you from sleeping and cause headaches. And because they're served cold, people tend to drink them fast, which can give you a quick surge of energy followed by a sudden drop (sometimes called a jolt-and-crash response). Some people, especially younger adults, like to mix energy drinks with alcohol, which raises its own set of dangers.

Researchers are finding that energy drinks may give you more than an energy boost. They may also boost heart rates and blood pressure levels and increase the danger of blood clots. These results could be significant in people with any heart problems or those taking drugs to lower heart rate or blood pressure.

Many energy drinks are high in sodium and sugar but researchers have found that the sugar-free version of Red Bull could increase the risk of heart attacks or strokes.

The toxic chemical bisphenol A (BPA) is used to make the linings of drink and food cans and there have been concerns over the effects of this chemical for some time. New published research has linked this to increased risk of heart disease and diabetes. High body levels of the chemical can damage the liver.

The study, conducted by the University at Buffalo’s Research Institute on Addictions and recently published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, claims that frequent energy drink consumers were three times more likely to smoke cigarettes, abuse drugs and engage in physical violence.

Energy drinks like other carbonated beverages offer little to no value to your body. They may contain traces of Vitamin B and the amino acid taurine but this does not make up for the detrimental effects of the caffeine, other stimulants, sugar or artificial sweeteners.

On-going research is indicating that these drinks can lead to the following chronic health problems:

1. Diabetes by depleting the body's ability to make enough insulin to handle the sugar overload.
2. Cardio-vascular system by over stimulating the heart. & by creating high blood prtessure artificiall
3. Central nervous system impairment.
4. over stimulation of the kidneys.
5. Hyper stimulation of the adrenal glands.
The list goes on. None of these situtations are good.

If you would love to boost your energy levels energy drinks aren’t the answer. It is far wiser to address the underlying reasons why you do not have as much energy as you would like.
acid_reign

get a life
NunyaB

acid_reign wrote :
get a life

Another one of Wades 7 hr researches and compilations. :lol:

Where are the pictures Wade and youtube clips. Your getting a bit slack :D
Azarias

I didn't visit the internet - I already had this on a saved document from several sources, a small chapter of a book I'm putting together, called Incorruptible Health.
NunyaB

Azarias wrote :
I didn't visit the internet - I already had this on a saved document from several sources, a small chapter of a book I'm putting together, called Incorruptible Health.

Destined to be a best seller. Are you going to use this forum to market it?
kayhat

I'll buy TWO. :D
dicA

phoney wrote :
Back in my day it was all about the aspirin and coke....

Hahahaha classic, i remember going to the newcastle show on about 8 aspro clears in a can of coke - man i was fucked up, i eyes looked like bleeding beetroots but fuck i felt good :roll:
17 posts Page 1 of 1