Change in Parvati Recs distribution & new contact in Aus

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
ampoule

Hey everyone,

As you may have heard, Parvati Records will no longer be using 3rd party distribution companies such as Saikosounds to sell future releases, and all sales will be directly from the label website or from Parvati representatives. This is from the last newsletter that went out:

For the first time since we started the label
we have been working without a distribution company
and this "experiment" of doing the selling
on our own have shown us a way for the future:
a direct contact with the people who likes our sound
is a main point for us and this will be achievable now when there will not be
third persons or companies to sell our future releases.

As such, it was decided it would be a good idea to have a contact in Australia to distribute future releases and help with promotion. I'm proud to say that I will be fulfilling this role. So from now on, you will be able to buy new releases (and other merchandise in future) from me directly, rather than having to order from Denmark/Parvati HQ (which would mean higher cost per CD and longer delivery time). You may also contact me if interested in booking Parvati artists.

The next release is due out around Xmas and you can find info here :)

Psychedelically Yours,
ampoule & Parvati Records

http://www.parvati-records.com/
triplezack

Oh Mr Taxman ......everything in order there Billy :D
ampoule

Gee they haven't banned you here yet, Marcus? :mrgreen:

I know how much you love to make the lives difficult of anyone even remotely related to Oztrance, but I'm pretty sure there's no new opportunity for that here :)
NunyaB

:D
Last edited by NunyaB on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ampoule

I'm sorry but I really have no idea what you're talking about, Marcus.

I'm simply here trying to share some information that people may have otherwise been unaware of.

Please stop trolling this thread.
tract

I think it is a great direction for the label to take ampoule. Parvati has always been very popular in Australia amongst the more discerning listener and with you at the helm of their Australian distribution arm their music is sure to reach a lot more people.

Good job mate, looks tip top 8)
NunyaB

:D :D
Last edited by NunyaB on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NunyaB

Yes well don't you think the professional thing to do is update the website first.

You can purchase all the Parvati titles directly from us: check the Music Shop
If you do not have a credit card send a mail to shakti@parvati-records.com with your wish and we will find out about a different payment method according to your country of residency.

Our music is now available also as MP3 and WAV files.
You can buy single tracks or whole v/a´s and albums as digital downloads at :
iTunes
Gogoyoko
www.trackitdown.net
www.cytopia.org
www.audiojelly.com
kayhat

Big-ups, ampoule :)

I like that whole tip of self-distribution, I'm going to be doing that next year with my book launch. best off to take the middle man out the equation, it gives you a better idea of complete synthesis of your own projects :)

p.s. speaking of banned people on oztrance, hey :P This is last time I'll say this, marcus, you really don't do yourself any favours with this shit, I've learnt this over the years the hard way through a lot of pain and a lot of heartache. Its just not worth it to go blasting people that you only really know from online interaction. You've got some deep cuts that need self attention and self nuturing, and its really not right to project these things onto other people. You can deny this, but I see this for what it is, projection. I do it too.

don't give me big replies to this, I just want you to take this for what it is, one trouble kid talking to another about the possibility of redemption. The only way that we can live is through positive intention, no matter what. You know this makes sense.
NunyaB

:lol:
Last edited by NunyaB on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ampoule

tract wrote :
I think it is a great direction for the label to take ampoule. Parvati has always been very popular in Australia amongst the more discerning listener and with you at the helm of their Australian distribution arm their music is sure to reach a lot more people.

Good job mate, looks tip top 8)

Cheers mate.. This is what I am hoping too :)

Good to see you're still alive, too 8)

And thanks kayhat.. Good luck with the book :thumb:

Marcus, this development has only happened in the last week, they are very busy this time of year at Parvati HQ and haven't updated the website yet. When the next release comes out I believe there will be mention details of how to order if you're from Aus/NZ. Also as it such a recent development, technical details have not been finalized yet, there is still over three months before the next release actually comes out and I'll be fully active in this role.

It's just amuses me that these OT'rs are venturing a bit more into this forum.

Just in response to this, I don't see what my membership at OT has to do with anything. I am posting here because I was asked to by the label manager for promotion. Whether I visited OT or not would make no difference..

I've never met you, I've never even talked to you online before or even said anything specifically insulting about you. This is the first interaction we've ever had and I don't understand exactly why you've taken this spiteful attitide towards me, other than that I'm an OT member. I don't think it's fair to be judged as a bad person for no reason other than association to an internet forum that you have a personal grudge against. Please don't judge me when you know nothing about me, I deserve the same respect as anyone else.
NunyaB

ampoule wrote :

I've never met you, I've never even talked to you online before or even said anything specifically insulting about you. This is the first interaction we've ever had and I don't understand exactly why you've taken this spiteful attitide towards me, other than that I'm an OT member. I don't think it's fair to be judged as a bad person for no reason other than association to an internet forum that you have a personal grudge against. Please don't judge me when you know nothing about me, I deserve the same respect as anyone else.

Pm sent Billy - :D
Last edited by NunyaB on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azarias

Good on ya ampoule. Quality dark psytrance needs broader distribution.
And plus it will make things much more convenient for those fans of this record label.
ampoule

^ Yep for sure! :D

And replied to your PM, Marcus - sorry had forgotten about that brief online interaction with an alias I hadn't realised was you. Thanks for taking it to PM.
tract

ampoule wrote :
And replied to your PM, Marcus - sorry had forgotten about that brief online interaction with an alias I hadn't realised was you. Thanks for taking it to PM.

:mrgreen:

A winrar is you.
15 posts Page 1 of 1