Newbie Psy Trance.

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
50 posts Page 2 of 2
DimentiatronX

Space tribe through the looking glass is a classic album to me. And the ESP releases are awesome as well. Both took my mind to strange new places when i first started listening. :lol:
kayhat

Satori wrote :
Why are you such a fuckwit?
Maybe you need to give up on the internet. You failed on Oztrance and your failing here.
And yes, it was a good opportunity to promote my music to someone who is just getting into psy.
What is wrong with promoting my art?
What makes me self obsessed?

I'm a "fuckwit" because I can see through your bullshit and have the courage to speak up at risk of looking like a fuckwit.

I'm not being a fuckwit, you're being a spammer. "promotional tool", what is this?! A fucking market? Take your sus business ethics back to oztrance, you wanker!

I didn't "fail" on oztrance, they're a bunch of censoring fuckwits. The fact that they don't accept any new memberships screams this. They just didn't like someone speaking their mind and pointing out their heirachy and abuse of power. I can give examples, but why the fuck should I, huh? Who the fuck are you? It's another day, it's another forum, and you fucks from oztrance are still trying to play niceys and create bad guys while trying to sell shit with the other hand. It's deplorable.

Don't try to project this onto ME, you're the one who's trying to take forum members via PM and sell them your dodgy psytrance that you produced. It IS self obsessed, because this part of the forum is NOT about you or your crappy music, it's about sharing what we like and psytrance issues with no promotion agenda. THAT'S what's wrong with promoting your "art" here.

There's other threads here labelled, um, "promotion" and "music" and "events". Go spam there to your hearts contents and stop crossing threads. You'd get pulled up about it on oztrance, and I'm pulling you up on it here. Look at the principle, not the personality. We also have signatures that a lot of us, including my good self, use for marketing purposes, but thats not a hidden agenda. I go on relating without talking shit about my tunes or our label. You'd noticve I didn't say anything about retort or my tunes on here. You're quick to attack me personally and my past in order to get out of this issue, but no way hosse is that happening, hey.

You spot what you think is a "bad guy" and you think you can tread all over me. I'm going to set you straight right now. I'm not taking shit from any fucking princess. Not now, not ever. If I ever see you in public, I will chastise you on the spot. And there's the possibility I will. This isn't a threat, I'm just letting you know there's a real person with real feelings behind these dots on the screen, and you've made me angry with what you've said. Have some netiquette and some good manners to take some critisism on board if you have any agenda here.

I do every fucking day with saying the things I say, and I accept that.

Mindfreak wrote :
I don't see anything wrong with it satori, I sent Lia links to my tracks and got back some great feedback so seems like a good promotional tool to me

This is what I'm talking about.

Why not just be content to put links up in the appropriate areas and let others make their minds to what they want to look at. There's nothing wrong with just directing newer users to the promo lounge so they can make up their minds as to what they want to listen to, you think?

It's an overreaction, I know, but I just can't stand too much capatilism in forums, the shit is killing the internet in how every step you take, there's some dickhead wanting to listen to their music or sell you this or that. Myspace used to be fun until it became ALL about the music.
Last edited by kayhat on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kayhat

DimentiatronX wrote :
Space tribe through the looking glass is a classic album to me. And the ESP releases are awesome as well. Both took my mind to strange new places when i first started listening. :lol:

fair enough, music can be a personal thing at times. I just think there's so much more out there to explore and space tribe has been a bit obsoleted in my personal experience of the places the genre can go.

herbsandspices wrote :
Shit, for a while there I thought this was going to be a constructive thread reccommending some good psytrance to a newbie. Now the rulers and the dicks are on the table again.

Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes I listen to Space Tribe. I still listen from time to time to IM The Supervisor even, though very rarely. Sometimes I listen to metal and folk and acid techno and dubstep and DnB. Everything has it's time and place. There seems to be some bullshit eliteism in Psytrance that if it isn't Psykovsky it's not good any more, but really it's just being a high horsed wanker.

Yeah, you're right, I was getting a bit caried away. It's OK to be elitist, but not shove it in everyones face. So yeah, sorry for that. I didn't really want to come across like that, I just wanted to say there's a great oppurtunity to find some depth in whatever genre you listen to, and ample oppurtunity for extention, all you have to do is listen and figure it out, I suppose.

I didn't mean to scare newbies, I guess I can be an over-opinionated wanker at times, but I feel that it's good to have over opinionated wankers on any forum :) Isn't that what the internet is about? :P

Anyway, good luck with it all, Lia, I hope you have been entertained or at least perplexed, rather then appalled or frightened :P
speekeesy

kayhat wrote :
DimentiatronX wrote :

fair enough, music can be a personal thing at times. I just think there's so much more out there to explore and space tribe has been a bit obsoleted in my personal experience of the places the genre can go.

herbsandspices wrote :
Shit, for a while there I thought this was going to be a constructive thread reccommending some good psytrance to a newbie. Now the rulers and the dicks are on the table again.

Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes I listen to Space Tribe. I still listen from time to time to IM The Supervisor even, though very rarely. Sometimes I listen to metal and folk and acid techno and dubstep and DnB. Everything has it's time and place. There seems to be some bullshit eliteism in Psytrance that if it isn't Psykovsky it's not good any more, but really it's just being a high horsed wanker.

Yeah, you're right, I was getting a bit caried away. It's OK to be elitist, but not shove it in everyones face. So yeah, sorry for that. I didn't really want to come across like that, I just wanted to say there's a great oppurtunity to find some depth in whatever genre you listen to, and ample oppurtunity for extention, all you have to do is listen and figure it out, I suppose.

I didn't mean to scare newbies, I guess I can be an over-opinionated wanker at times, but I feel that it's good to have over opinionated wankers on any forum :) Isn't that what the internet is about? :P

Anyway, good luck with it all, Lia, I hope you have been entertained or at least perplexed, rather then appalled or frightened :P

Jeez mate why not just butt out for a while and give others a chance to say what they like and let people make up their own mind.
The music you are recommending here does absolutely nothing for some of us and the tunes you are bagging have been loved by many.
Why does it always have to be about you and your superior insight? No one appreciates a control freak.
Satori

kayhat wrote :
I'm a "fuckwit" because I can see through your bullshit and have the courage to speak up at risk of looking like a fuckwit.

I'm not being a fuckwit, you're being a spammer. "promotional tool", what is this?! A fucking market? Take your sus business ethics back to oztrance, you wanker!

I didn't "fail" on oztrance, they're a bunch of censoring fuckwits. The fact that they don't accept any new memberships screams this. They just didn't like someone speaking their mind and pointing out their heirachy and abuse of power. I can give examples, but why the fuck should I, huh? Who the fuck are you? It's another day, it's another forum, and you fucks from oztrance are still trying to play niceys and create bad guys while trying to sell shit with the other hand. It's deplorable.

Don't try to project this onto ME, you're the one who's trying to take forum members via PM and sell them your dodgy psytrance that you produced. It IS self obsessed, because this part of the forum is NOT about you or your crappy music, it's about sharing what we like and psytrance issues with no promotion agenda. THAT'S what's wrong with promoting your "art" here.

There's other threads here labelled, um, "promotion" and "music" and "events". Go spam there to your hearts contents and stop crossing threads. You'd get pulled up about it on oztrance, and I'm pulling you up on it here. Look at the principle, not the personality. We also have signatures that a lot of us, including my good self, use for marketing purposes, but thats not a hidden agenda. I go on relating without talking shit about my tunes or our label. You'd noticve I didn't say anything about retort or my tunes on here. You're quick to attack me personally and my past in order to get out of this issue, but no way hosse is that happening, hey.

You spot what you think is a "bad guy" and you think you can tread all over me. I'm going to set you straight right now. I'm not taking shit from any fucking princess. Not now, not ever. If I ever see you in public, I will chastise you on the spot. And there's the possibility I will. This isn't a threat, I'm just letting you know there's a real person with real feelings behind these dots on the screen, and you've made me angry with what you've said. Have some netiquette and some good manners to take some critisism on board if you have any agenda here.

I do every fucking day with saying the things I say, and I accept that.

Mindfreak wrote :
I don't see anything wrong with it satori, I sent Lia links to my tracks and got back some great feedback so seems like a good promotional tool to me

This is what I'm talking about.

Why not just be content to put links up in the appropriate areas and let others make their minds to what they want to look at. There's nothing wrong with just directing newer users to the promo lounge so they can make up their minds as to what they want to listen to, you think?

It's an overreaction, I know, but I just can't stand too much capatilism in forums, the shit is killing the internet in how every step you take, there's some dickhead wanting to listen to their music or sell you this or that. Myspace used to be fun until it became ALL about the music.

Man, you are a freak.
Call it what you will, I don't give a fuck if you label it 'spam'. The OP asked about psytrance, I sent her some links to download some of my music for FREE. I wasn't selling anyone anything.
I didn't hijack the thread, you did.
I pm'd Lia the links so I didn't hijack the thread.
I think it's more than appropriate to share my music for free, and Lia was very appreciative.
You have called my music 'crappy' and then threatened me with a 'chastising'.
Now I am angry, you want to hope that you never do see me in public, believe me.
I'm not a defenceless bottle on the shelf in your local bottleshop mate.
lia

Haha this is just another forum, the flaming and such, in Satori's defence he wasn't trying to sell his music to me, i think he was just looking for some feedback, and he got it, i'm really excited to see him play at noisepoison.

Like herbsandspices said all music has its time and place, and even what some of you may consider "obsolete or crap" is another artist for me to listen to and slowly develop my taste for.

I don't think this forum has quite turned into the elitist faggotry that is Oztrance.com...yet.

Thanks for your help guys!
P.S i've completely fallen in love with Psykovsky and Para Halu, which are 2 names I hear a lot around here.
kayhat

Edit; Sorry guys, I was wrong. I just get angry at things sometimes and vent things the wrong way.

I should really show more restraint and I'll try in the future. I just fly off the handle when people call me names when I don't think that I really deserve it.

I'm only human and make mistakes and am wrong (frequently) and am opinionated. This being said, I think I have a lot of opinions that are useful in a forum to give it life and I love writing.

Just please take what I say with a grain of salt and try not to get cut, I'm a bit of a negative geezer, but generally I'm just trying to have fun and make this forum a more fun place to be.

Cool? Thanks. :mrgreen: :killah:
Trip_Stalker

Infinity Project , Shpongle , Anything Goa , Mystery Of The Yeti , Alien Project , Some Infected Mushroom all easy to get into for newbies then when you've got that down pat just figure out the particular groups and styles you like and get your hands on everything you can local and foreign in that sub genre and your sweet.
lia

Trip_Stalker wrote :
Infinity Project , Shpongle , Anything Goa , Mystery Of The Yeti , Alien Project , Some Infected Mushroom all easy to get into for newbies then when you've got that down pat just figure out the particular groups and styles you like and get your hands on everything you can local and foreign in that sub genre and your sweet.

Thanks for the artists man, i've listened to infected mushroom since i was a kid, i never really thought of them as being in the same league as PsyTrance at all...weird :P
mrbadgerman

kayhat wrote :

they're a bunch of censoring fuckwits.
but why the fuck should I, huh?
Who the fuck are you?

I'm not taking shit from any fucking princess. Not now, not ever. If I ever see you in public, I will chastise you on the spot.

Wow your an abusive troll
itchytriggerniggerfingers

kayhat wrote :
Just please take what I say with a grain of salt and try not to get cut, I'm a bit of a negative geezer, but generally I'm just trying to have fun and make this forum a more fun place to be.

How about not saying things that piss people off to start with???? Why should we make accomodations for you when you've been nothing but a waste of space since the day you landed here. Go away, sort your rig out & come back when you are (mentally) in a better place.
kathmandu

kayhat

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
How about not saying things that piss people off to start with???? Why should we make accomodations for you when you've been nothing but a waste of space since the day you landed here. Go away, sort your rig out & come back when you are (mentally) in a better place.

I'm not asking for special consideration. I'm just asking for people to show a bit more intelligence when they read posts.

As for being a waste of time, who died and made you God with the sun shining out your ass? What gold is in your posts? :banghead:

mrbadgerman wrote :
kayhat wrote :

Who the fuck are you?

I'm not taking shit from any fucking princess. Not now, not ever. If I ever see you in public, I will chastise you on the spot.

I've sorted things out with Satori via PM.

You've had problems with me in the past. That's why you're quick to pick up on it.

No apologies for you, though, matey. Let's get this clear, alright? I'm entitled to have my opinion without being abused for it. The forum rules state this. I crossed the line, but I see many many others here crossing the line and trying to pass off as if they're innocent.

I may have apologised before, but I'm still not taking shit from fuckheads. So go sit and swivel. on that note, peace, love and mungbeans, to all you projecting fucks. I have a willingness to accept I'm human, some of you people think you're something else.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

kayhat wrote :

I'm not asking for special consideration. I'm just asking for people to show a bit more intelligence when they read posts.

Just please take what I say with a grain of salt and try not to get cut

What gold is in your posts? :banghead:

Pointing out that you are still being a complete fuckwit.

kayhat wrote :
mrbadgerman wrote :
kayhat wrote :

Who the fuck are you?

I've sorted things out with Satori via PM.

You've had problems with me in the past. That's why you're quick to pick up on it.

No apologies for you, though, matey. Let's get this clear, alright? I'm entitled to have my opinion without being abused for it. The forum rules state this. I crossed the line, but I see many many others here crossing the line and trying to pass off as if they're innocent.

I may have apologised before, but I'm still not taking shit from fuckheads. So go sit and swivel. on that note, peace, love and mungbeans, to all you projecting fucks. I have a willingness to accept I'm human, some of you people think you're something else.

The prosecution rests its case your Honour :roll:
DimentiatronX

I would also suggest Tryambaka. :D
FRACAS

:killah: :killah:
kayhat

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
The prosecution rests its case your Honour :roll:

Oh right, and you've just confessed that you're judgemental as hell.
TBang

What about Skazi?
herbsandspices

Did anyone outside of Israel and Brazil ever listen to Scatzi?
speekeesy

Sure, me and lots of my friends loved it- right up to the album where Skazi gaily spelt their own band name at the beginning of the fisrt track.
kayhat

herbsandspices wrote :
Did anyone outside of Israel and Brazil ever listen to Scatzi?

Yeah! For sure! 8)
Sensum

lia wrote :
Hey guys(and girls), I have just recently started to dwell into the world of psy trance and am looking for some essential tracks to download/purchase.
I love the song Vitality - Exaile and breakbeat stuff like that, can anyone suggest a VA album or something or other to get my teeth into.

Cheers
Lia.

www.psynation.com
www.psyvibes.com

its all there, full albums broken into categories - full-on, dark, prog, chill, full-on morning etc.....check it out.
watch the karmatic 'copy kills music' posts to follow this!!!
kayhat

Sensum wrote :
watch the karmatic 'copy kills music' posts to follow this!!!

I don't think we really need to, do we?! :S :lol:
Sensum

with dj's ya see, morality and ethics are integral. we'll soon find out tho ;)
kayhat

I disagree with this as a DJ :lol:
50 posts Page 2 of 2