The difference between Dark and Full On

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
35 posts Page 2 of 2
Abuse

whatever you want it to sound like tract!!!!

im not trying to be an expert in the field of psytrance, im just expressing my personal opinion..

to be honest i cant really say exactly what it sounds like... :|
kayhat

I think tract wants artist examples of the genre in the more defining sense.
tract

Abuse wrote :

im not trying to be an expert in the field of psytrance, im just expressing my personal opinion..

to be honest i cant really say exactly what it sounds like... :|

Well said.

Total respect to one of Newcastle's best Dj's.

'Nuff said. 8)

kayhat wrote :

Stop taking heroin please.

Don't try and think for me, if I think something I will express it.

The best thing you can do is shut up and not post for 11 to 23 consecutive weeks.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

tract wrote :
kayhat wrote :

The best thing you can do is shut up and not post for 11 to 23 consecutive years.

fixt :wink:
guide dogs association

Abuse wrote :
for me personally..

Dark psy has deep bass, twisted atmospheres, a feeling of slight evil, touches of anger (in some tracks)
usually very psychedelic and written in minor notes.... and most of the time faster tempo ..150-170bpm (although some slower psy can be dark).

Fullon psy is usually a little slower than dark from around 145-148ish, has powerfull leads, catchy basslines, breakdowns with build ups going into intense endings..

twilight psy is also sometimes fullon.. usually touches into the melodic side of trance with nice pads and nice leads, also with sounds that represent the daylight coming

:D

Nice description except that I would equate deep bass with fullon and twilight. Dark psy has a minimal kick, and can really only appreciate on large rigs
kayhat

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
tract wrote :
kayhat wrote :

The best thing you can do is shut up and not post for 11 to 23 consecutive years.

fixt :wink:

nah, I'm still here, I'm just not paying attention to trolls anymore.

That's ironic that I say that now, but I suppose I'll make my new stance clear now so you don't think you've won or anything like that, because you, tract and venatrix are still losers...

Ciao now, bitch ass hater.

tract wrote :
Abuse wrote :
kayhat wrote :

The best thing you can do is shut up and not post for 11 to 23 consecutive weeks.

Thanks for the advice, but if I think of something, I will express it just as clearly. But I do take extra opinions if they apply, as that is supposed to be one of the more positive intents of a public music forum, to collectively build on opinions and ideas.

Oh just thought of something and am going to express it! You're a really arrogant fuckwit and you don't really get the idea of positive interaction. That's not true negativity though, that's me reacting to a jerk and being honest.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pete_Paranoid

lia wrote :
Another newbie thread, sorry if I start plagueing your forums, just figured that this is my best bet for discovering the inner space that is PsyTrance was this forum, and it I can find local artists and gigs too!

Now to the nitty gritty, i've looked into a lot of stuff that claims to be dark psytrance, ie Rinkadink, but am not convinced that this is as "dark" as it gets. So if someone could explain to me the characteristics of DarkPsy and post some REALLY DARK SHIT that would be awesome.

Peace
Lia

"Dark" is used in the English langauge as something as with a "lost" or "confused" quality. Under this definition prog can be "dark".

This was not what you asked. IMHO Dark Psytrance has an aggressive or evil theme.

Full on is more just about a certain tempo and has a somewhat uplifting quality.

Heavy Metal is all considered dark. However I would call Black Metal "Dark" and Thrash Metal "Full on".

I hope this helps.
treedreamer

am not a dj so not into labels for music. just love to dance. so....dark feels clean, having a notion of clarity. private. can be like diggin' a really, really deep hole way, way down into the beautiful earth. full-on is noisy, well busy and leaps about a lot. many brazilian people seem to love it.
kayhat

Dark is psycovsky. :killah:
35 posts Page 2 of 2