Doof OH&S

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
44 posts Page 1 of 2
Pete_Paranoid

Part 1
I am sick of "weekend warriors" telling me, and others how to run their business. I started my musical journey age ten, as a professionally trained drummer, and have attended many music production qualifications. I extended this to technical production and did a technical production advanced diploma and well as completed a current first aid certificate (over ten years), Fork Lift, Elevated Work Platform, and Advanced Rigging certificates. I have run a legitimate stage lighting business for seven years and been a professional loader (stage hand/roadie) covering all areas of commercial and corporate mainstream entertainment production for around four years. If you want to do scaffolding, the least you can do is get a scaffold ticket, if you want to do rigging the least you can do is get a rigging ticket. Having qualifications in horticulture does not make you an expert in event production, just as having qualifications in event production does not make you an expert in horticulture.

The only person that should be getting injured at a doof is me, from working too hard!
Any talk that I am not carrying my weight is a furphy, and incorrect.

*No Glass on the dance floor. This should be sign posted. Encourage audience participation to take their rubbish home with them or dispose of it responsibly. Ask a experienced event manager you know, the local council, or a local environmental association for effective waste management techniques. Regardless of whether it is private or public land, serious breaches in waste management can result in a fine from epa, and may be recorded on your personal record.

* Walkie talkies. Radios are a powerful tool in isolated areas such as a doof. The event manager can assign channels to different event teams. The event manager should assign a dedicated channel to themselves, and let everyone on the crew know what it is beforehand. Event team chiefs can have access to other channels, however the event manager should have information to all goings on on site.

ON SITE the information flow should look like this:

Event team A > Event Manager > Event team B

The Event Manager should record all serious incidents with the time, date, names, briefly what happened and the action taken. Proper paperwork shows authorities your event has esteem, and is highly regarded.

Do a quick internet engine search for your nearest two-way radio hirer to save money of purchase. Make sure you hire enough to cover all event teams and whoever else need it, including Security and First Aid. If you don't know, ask your Event team Chiefs for totals and remember to hire a few spare in case of emergency breakdown.

*Site Hazards. Site hazards should be indentified and taped off and signposted. Restricted areas should include the stage, foh/technical control area, and any other areas you don't want audience members to be.

*Limited Capacity Entry. Psytrance was never designed to be mainstream, and needs lots of room to move and air to breathe. Limiting capacity makes your event easier to manage and reduces the impact of problems. (If you are an experienced manager, and really have your heart set on bigger events, why not ask a mainstream event to submit your stage as a sideshow, or the other option is travel overseas and ask to be part of an event, as the geography, existing population base and the economy make large scale events viable. (Australia has some of the best and toughest safety standards in the world, so as one of the only people on this website, if not the only person on this website that has any real experience of mainstream events, prepare your ego for a shock when your years of experience and good intentions, count for absolutely nothing.)

A copy of APEC Australian Federal Police Accreditation

*Identification. Just like a current driver's licence is required to drive on public roads, appropriate accreditation is important to event OH&S, and may be used by security staff and crew to easily validate appropriate identification and qualifications.
Wristbands with different colours and/or designs may be used to indentify general crew, whilst different coloured and designed lanyards may be used for senior event management and VIPs. These lanyards may also be able to operate and function different work machinery, e.g. lifts, etcetera.
Identification will only be given out by after signing a log.
Laminate sheets can be used by security to easily indentify valid access to different check points.
Last edited by Pete_Paranoid on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

Don't piss near the generator?????
venatrix

Don't drink and jive??????
Pete_Paranoid

"I know I'm a monster, leave me alone!"
psywise

Don't allow people under the effects of intoxication into your workplace??
Kratonic

Beware prolonged exposure to dubstep?
susan

don't forget to heckle merclessly if it's not the psytrance you like and it's hurting your head..
herbsandspices

no survival knives on the dancefloor :wink:
rollyz

Mum-of-four has N-cup breasts removed

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/10481 ... ts-removed

venatrix

herbsandspices wrote :
no survival knives on the dancefloor :wink:

Werd!
kayhat

Kratonic wrote :
Beware prolonged exposure to dubstep?

...or ANY kind of prolonged exposure to one genre :mrgreen:

And no pooing where people might tread on it.
Pete_Paranoid

rollyz wrote :
Mum-of-four has N-cup breasts removed

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/10481 ... ts-removed

Sensum

Doof OH&S
this can only mean ONE thing ONLY.......

Overly
Hyped
&
Shit
kayhat

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Part 1
I am sick of "weekend warriors" telling me, and others how to run their business...

Stop tryna tell me how to run my business! :mrgreen:
psywise

I don't get it, is the OP about OH&S or waste management??
Pete_Paranoid

Hang on, hang on, I'm getting down your ideas! Russ's Festival o' Cheese (where the staging structures are made of cheese sticks,) has been duly noted and recorded.

This would be easier to do if I didn't have eleven different things to do at the same time.
Pete_Paranoid

psywise wrote :
I don't get it, is the OP about OH&S or waste management??

Yes.
secret weapon

Don't weatherproof 240v ext. lead connections with tinfoil, laughed so hard when i I saw that, way to make a proper little death trap.. :shock:
err, sorry pete. :oops:
Pete_Paranoid

secret weapon wrote :
Don't weatherproof 240v ext. lead connections with tinfoil, laughed so hard when i I saw that, way to make a proper little death trap.. :shock:

I was using it to weatherproof the RCD, but you make a great point though!
Pete_Paranoid

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
secret weapon wrote :

"AWW PETE!" The 240v ext. lead to the "dead trap" you mentioned earlier was plugged into a powerboard slowly getting wet, so I guess I'm not as smart as I think anyway...
(The point of the tinfoil is that it was removable as it was connected to a old, rare light* I didn't want getting soaked anyway (I told Sharron I didn't want the light soaked repeatedly)).
(*Please note, the light had just returned from maintenance, and all my lights and leads are tested and tagged regularly, the light was placed in a low traffic area, and as I said before connected to a cuitcut with an RCD (industrial standard safety switch), so the chance of electrocution was 1/1000,000,000, however I'm going for a factor of zero, no chance of electrocution, so I won't do that again.)

You sound guys have a history of this, make one mistake and suddenly one's augment is deemed void, despite having more qualifications and experience in the chosen field, I see through your disguise, and it's a load of bullshit!

So what exactly are you saying Secret Weapon, my point is less valid because I make mistakes? Or is my point more valid because I make mistakes?

Anyway, if you don't mind, I have some guidelines to write, and some points to remember.
mrbadgerman

HA HA HA HA now your even in pete's bad books sasha, after you done all that work defending him. Now see why i think he's a dickhead. You even said sorry while pointing out a on job mistake he made, and he still flames you. Mayby you have a better temper than me and don't bite back, but you can't honestly say this man is in a rational state of mind.
kayhat

mrbadgerman wrote :
HA HA HA HA now your even in pete's bad books sasha, after you done all that work defending him. Now see why i think he's a dickhead. You even said sorry while pointing out a on job mistake he made, and he still flames you. Mayby you have a better temper than me and don't bite back, but you can't honestly say this man is in a rational state of mind.

Bite your tongue, you don't know shit from a hole in the ground. You're flaming yourself, you goose. Do you realise this?
secret weapon

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :
secret weapon wrote :

"AWW PETE!" The 240v ext. lead to the "dead trap" you mentioned earlier was plugged into a powerboard slowly getting wet, so I guess I'm not as smart as I think anyway...
(The point of the tinfoil is that it was removable as it was connected to a old, rare light* I didn't want getting soaked anyway (I told Sharron I didn't want the light soaked repeatedly)).
(*Please note, the light had just returned from maintenance, and all my lights and leads are tested and tagged regularly, the light was placed in a low traffic area, and as I said before connected to a cuitcut with an RCD (industrial standard safety switch), so the chance of electrocution was 1/1000,000,000, however I'm going for a factor of zero, no chance of electrocution, so I won't do that again.)

You sound guys have a history of this, make one mistake and suddenly one's augment is deemed void, despite having more qualifications and experience in the chosen field, I see through your disguise, and it's a load of bullshit!

So what exactly are you saying Secret Weapon, my point is less valid because I make mistakes? Or is my point more valid because I make mistakes?

Anyway, if you don't mind, I have some guidelines to write, and some points to remember.

Settle pete, was supposed to be a light hearted dig.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

mrbadgerman wrote :

Go piss on a generator knobwrench!

Oh shit, did I just agree with Kayhat :oops:
2nd17th

44 posts Page 1 of 2