3 day 'festival' Vs 1 night party (Now with added poll!)

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
77 posts Page 3 of 4

Which is better?

44%
One night party
56%
Three night festival

Total votes: 57

venatrix

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
I deserve a reward
'Cause I'm the best fuck that you ever had
And if I tighten up my hole
You may never see the light again

Incorrect. Disconnect. No respect. What the heck.
Pete_Paranoid

venatrix wrote :
What we have here is a disconnect.

Just my way of saying thank you for your comment on my birthday, it's greatly appreciated!

(Sorry to all the "Lily Allen" fans about the caption, I'm going to assume this is a simple cueing error.)
venatrix

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
venatrix wrote :
What we have here is a disconnect.

Just my way of saying thank you for your comment on my birthday, it's greatly appreciated!

What is the meaning of this?

I truly do not know. Here are some creative answers though :P

I am a bitch and you are demonstrating your desire to commit acts of violence upon my person.

I am an attractive lesbian/bisexual woman who enjoys picking up at nightclubs and hard liquor.

I seem like a man but am actually a woman.

I am a painful reminder of your deficiencies as a human being.

Happy birthday Pete!
Pete_Paranoid

"I'm an atheist up until the shit hits the fan, then I'll be on my knees quicker than anybody else." - Robbie Williams
venatrix

Satori

'You put your left leg in, you put your left leg out, you put your left leg in and you shake it all about' - Samantha Williams. Teacher. Mt druitt primary school.
Satori

Pete_Paranoid

Pete_Paranoid

~Wicked Angel~

sorry again for the old bump but I just wanted to say "phew!!" after I read this thread cos i just thought i was getting old and soft and seems like everyone else is too hahaha Well I'm getting OLDER not old and things have changed since I started doofing. I was in my early 20's when i started doofing and was a fulltime student and now i'm in my early 30's , working, a bit more tired than i was a decade ago and even though I have only had a car and my licence the last 6mths of my life (better late than never ;)) I go to less parties even though i have my own wheels so its actually easier and i can take more stuff with me. I'm working so I have more money (kinda) but when I do go I definitely don't dance as much as I did within the first couple of years I was doofing. I was ALWAYS on the dancefloor. I thought it really was just me getting lazy, I'm glad it's only a "little" bit of that knowing that many others feel the same way with no energy and time etc Cos I havnt been doofing for aslong as alot of you have that I would have met when I first started so thats good to know ;) The thought of a 3 day party is awesome when you don't have other things on in your life that you don't have to fit in so maybe when you take a week off work in the holidays? Cos being "lazy" nowadays I do really like chilling out for half the party. But i do miss the one nighters for sure ... so maybe thats whats happened? hmmm interesting! :dj:
Richie

No more Dub Step only Dub as Chill out!
leighskye

If you don't mind I've got 2 cents to contribute, I've only been to a couple of doofs so far, I went to rainbow a couple of years ago but wasn't really into the scene back then and really only got into it last year.

I've really loved the 3 day parties I've been to, I've never experienced anything else. The only 1 night things I've been to was a spacetribe set in sydenham that went for one night and slyfox one night but it's not really the same thing!! A doof needs to be outside!!

I am always a little disappointed at the amount of people on the dance floor, there doesn't seem to be much energy. And I've found that I've been bringing people along to doofs that have never been before and aren't really interested in dancing because there isn't anyone on there and they don't seem to get that that's what doofs are for. They enjoy themselves immensely but just sit around at camp. :bonfire:

I love the idea of having a party that has been programmed to get everyone on the dancefloor at once. Turn up friday night, but music only goes from saturday afternoon until sunday afternoon. 24 hours of music, so everyone gets in there at the same time. Maybe have music playing the whole time but not loudly and maybe not a dj or don't have set times or anything. If you advertise it as a one night (saturday night) party but invite people to come up friday, I think more people will come because it won't seem like just a big effort because they will get more out of it.

The main thing about one night parties is finding a suitable location for them. Travelling all the way out to say the psyfari site for one night would be absolutely ridiculous!! I don't have my licence, a lot of my friends don't either, so we have to organise lifts etc. Finding somewhere that is easy to get to and good to set up in.

I quite like the idea of just setting up a one nighter in a national park or something closer to sydney, so it's not such a mission to get to and there is less planning involved, I'm not sure if this has ever been done?? The problem would be ensuring the environment is treated properly not to mention there is more risk involved with the police turning up.
traveller

doing parties in national parks is generally frowned upon as they area
usually areas set up for conservation...

also there are some *epic* fines involved
venatrix

leighskye wrote :
The main thing about one night parties is finding a suitable location for them. Travelling all the way out to say the psyfari site for one night would be absolutely ridiculous!! I don't have my licence, a lot of my friends don't either, so we have to organise lifts etc. Finding somewhere that is easy to get to and good to set up in.

I understand where you're coming from.

Without wanting to sound like a jerk (some will find this hard to believe :wink: )...

You will come to appreciate the mission, something something journey is the destination etc.

You will also make friends and appreciate the communal aspect of people offering lifts. The effort and uncertainty usually pays off and adds a bit of excitement.

:trip:
herbsandspices

Its the second time I've heard complaints about sparsely populated dancefloors recently. I'm not in Sydney, so I can't comment but I've seen the photos and they seem to support the notion.

What's going on there?

Meanwhile it's fuckn cold here so I haven't been to a doof for ages. :(
mrbadgerman

herbsandspices wrote :
Its the second time I've heard complaints about sparsely populated dancefloors recently. I'm not in Sydney, so I can't comment but I've seen the photos and they seem to support the notion.

What's going on there?

Meanwhile it's fuckn cold here so I haven't been to a doof for ages. :(

Its bad programming there will be peaks of 5 or 6 hundred on the dancefloor but then it gets killed either by 160 bone chilling dark music or by the dubstep warriors. It mayby good tunes don't get me wronge but not for the majority, or for keeping your whole party at the dancefloor. it's a minority event, lyk look at how many people went to psykovski, or when they do dubstep in the bush......
russtee

no more dub step, unless it's mixed in with Just hard core drum m bass with some bouncing psy trance. :bounce:
herbsandspices

It's interesting re: the programming. It's largely bonecrushing music here, on account of the weather I think. I'm spoilt. Other than Boom, this is the last outdoor I went to. Yeah it was cold, and this was a morning set so it's not so hard.

My point being- check the crowd out. Loving it.

Last edited by herbsandspices on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
venatrix

This thread needs to go back to the graveyard from whence it came.
traveller

like herbs has said australia is not like most other countries in the world
where they play full power well into the sunrise...

i can only dream that one day we will catch up to them too...
in the meantime i have to wait til i go overseas to experience that
kind of energy unfortunately *sigh*
:P
psy*clone

yeah, it's very hard to make the dance floor jump 24/7 over multi-day parties. people simply get into different party/rest time schedules.

the track parties have always been a cracker, quite a simple concept and right on the mark. it's a shame i had other commitments and couldn't make the last one.

another crackin' one nighter was the recent monster mash. simply brilliant.
SpeakaHuggers

Shiva Power... Full power 24 hour no toilet no shower no rupees no rickshaw no worries no probleM!!! ;).....
Why not??? Hello Hello....
kayhat

I think this threads a really great thought, Satori! Some things there I really agreed with! :)

Yeah, I reckon 3 day fests bring too much unwanted attention to the doof scene and they're largely based around international names, which is nice, but its all a bit extravagent I feel. I dunno.

I always liked the whole idea of a one night party, three day ones are a bit too much of an endurance test for me. I get sick being at one festival for too long and am glad to get out of there at the end.

Exodus was an exception to this rule for me just because. :)
Nightmosphere

herbsandspices wrote :

:-)
herbsandspices

Cool to hear the original, thanks. The version played here is pantomiman, from Rus.
77 posts Page 3 of 4