MUSIC AND ITS PLACE AT AN EVENT

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
111 posts Page 1 of 5
Abuse

What do people wanna here during the morning at a doof ie: sunrise-midmorning

??????
Peril

Breakcore for the get up and go!

Seriously - Venetian Snares.

My cd-alarm clock currently plays "Gentlemen"
SpeakaHuggers

NOISE POISON ALL THE WAY!!!!
Kashyyyk, crazy astronaut sunrise
looney moon recs from 8-9ish onwards

seriously nsw has been going to soft lately...

6 months in italy has opened my eyes...
they play full on till midnight...mayhem all night till 8-9ish then blend back into looney moon styles for breakiee onwards...
never a dull moment...
seriously the dancefloor is always packed and the energy is awesome...true psychedelic trance n dance....
nothing better than hearing your favorite furious, highko , cosmo , etc.. tracks when the sun is up!! the energy this music can create is in a league of its own...
my 2 cents worth...dont knock it till u try it. :killah: :mrgreen: :killah: :mrgreen: :killah:
russtee

anything full on solid, hard and fast style in the high bpm range. :killah: be good to hear this going at even eight o'clock in the morn. even a taste of some Fn drum and bass. just bring it on, I'm starving. :mrgreen:
herbsandspices

Im with the Huggers. Czech Republic has opened my eyes to the awesomeness of hard psy in the morning.
Satori

I second the hard and fast sunrise.
I would LOVE to see Crazy Astronaut do a live sunrise set. Would be fucking manic!

Someone bring furious out! You could get so much value for your money:
Furious Nighttime, Crazy Astronaut sunrise and then Delirious Noon to wind it all down.

Why are people scared by high bpm?
ATREYU

YeS. Pump it up :killah:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
bjclhb

Goa. :D
Mλtt

Goa as the sun rises. You have 6 hours of HARD FAST DARK WOO! stuff. It just gets too much. Sunrise demands a change of consciousness.
simon

doesnt really matter what you play in the morning if you program the surrounding sets right.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

simon wrote :
doesnt really matter what you play in the morning if you program the surrounding sets right.

9pm - 7am Simon :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
7am - 5pm Amber :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Esha can fill in during toilet breaks :atom: :atom: :atom: :atom:

:D :D :D :D :D
Abuse

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
simon wrote :

9pm - 7am Simon :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
7am - 5pm Amber :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Esha can fill in during toilet breaks :atom: :atom: :atom: :atom:

:D :D :D :D :D

:killah:
ALEXUP

From what ive seen the morning dancefloor is pathetic when the music stays hard all through the night and then through day break and into the morning.. There are usually like 10 or so (prodomenently male) people on the dancefloor looking like death warmed up. Looks like an exhauseted sausage fest.
Abuse

ALEXUP wrote :
From what ive seen the morning dancefloor is pathetic when the music stays hard all through the night and then through day break and into the morning.. There are usually like 10 or so (prodomenently male) people on the dancefloor looking like death warmed up. Looks like an exhauseted sausage fest.

thats what iv been thinking... it used to be different, people would go hard when the sun comes up usually a full dance floor, but now every party everyone seems to be somewhere else other than the dance floor... WHY????

is the music too fullon?
Are you tired?

WTF

Here's my 2c worth

As one of the older crew who has been around since the 90's, the music has (generally) gotten better, the sound systems louder & clearer and the overall production of parties has gone through the roof. I don't mind paying a bit extra for quality acts or the security of having the shindig on private property. Anything that keeps the party going & the punters occupied I say!

As to the general flow of the music from the night to the day...

Sunset - 9pm Anything left of centre - be it chill, breaks, dnb, jungle, dubstep, downbeat prog & minimal

9pm - Midnight - Dark minimal & progressive techno heading towards techtrance.

Midnight - 4am - Dark & heavy psytrance that doesn't just sit above 150+bpm the whole time. Make it part of the journey that the whole musical spectrum of the party is meant to represent.

4am - 1st Light - Transition music

1st Light - 7am - Powertrance

7am - 9am - Full on melodic but starting to bring the BPM's back down in tune with the energy levels on the dancefloor (145ish down to 140ish)

9am - Midday - Solid melodic prog again keeping in tune with the energy levels on the dancefloor

Midday - 4pm - Softer prog & minimal

4pm - end - Downbeat / chill

end - gennie runs outta gas - GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES!!!!!!!11111111111
ionized

People used to be gagging for the sun to come up... getting twisted around the campfire as it got lighter. That anticipation is what's missing. I havn't seen a packed dancefloor at sunrise for.... ??!

Maybe the question isn't why people are in their tents, but why they don't want to stay at the dancefloor. If it's cold, dark and far from camp, people arn't going to stay.

In terms of music tho, a lot of ego and not much respect for the journey also comes to mind. Theres seems to be a lot of musical experimentation going on, which on one hand is cool, but a lot of the time just ends up being 'eclectic' rather than psychedelic.
venatrix

venatrix likes this :mrgreen:
Mλtt

Generally it just seems that we go hard fast and dark from 1am to 7am. which is simply too much in my view. the energy lasts for about 2-3 hours then dies off. 4am onwards should take on a huge change. reset people's energy levels with something much more chill... to then welcome the new day.
Abuse

Here's my 2c worth

As one of the older crew who has been around since the 90's, the music has (generally) gotten better, the sound systems louder & clearer and the overall production of parties has gone through the roof. I don't mind paying a bit extra for quality acts or the security of having the shindig on private property. Anything that keeps the party going & the punters occupied I say!

Sunset - 9pm Anything left of centre - be it chill, breaks, dnb, jungle, dubstep, downbeat prog & minimal

Midnight - 4am - Dark & heavy psytrance that doesn't just sit above 150+bpm the whole time. Make it part of the journey that the whole musical spectrum of the party is meant to represent.

7am - 9am - Full on melodic but starting to bring the BPM's back down in tune with the energy levels on the dancefloor (145ish down to 140ish)

9am - Midday - Solid melodic prog again keeping in tune with the energy levels on the dancefloor

this is the exact representation of the journey i like to put in place...
but not enough people are enjoying this...and it baffles me

Abuse wrote :
Here's my 2c worth

this is the exact representation of the journey i like to put in place...
but not enough people are enjoying this...and it baffles me

Probably because they are not taking the right persian rugs :lol:
bio[diversity]

Abuse wrote :
What do people wanna here during the morning at a doof ie: sunrise-midmorning

??????

Good Question !

Sunrise is such a special time of an outdoor party, the heat and light of the day make it all a little different from when we arrived ( mostly ). The energy changes naturally. Those who were asleep start to wake and those who are still going hard, keep going ! ( mostly ) Sometimes the dancefloor can be empty because everyone's trying to find their sunglasses. 8) and for others it's packed ! Hard to pick i gotta say.

What itchy and alex have said i agree, but i also like to get a bit of a wake up call from the nanna nap around daylight, so especially if it's cold, pump it up ! If it's too hot i don't want a headache by midday either, so summer laid back groovy tunes are the fave my rave 8)

Maybe it's the set before Sunrise that needs looking at. If, for an hour or so before dawn, it was a bit more downbeat and more conducive to a higher state of sleep, the set after could wake everyone up and there'd be a natural progression of normal sleep patterns as well. ?? Maybe ??

Who knows ? Build it and they will come ! Programme it and they will bitch about it till the cows come home :wink:

Saying that, i reckon the quality of morning lineups over the past few years has been outstanding ! Keep up the good work !

:dj:
kayhat

NAPT would rock. :killah:

But really...

Its all conditional what kind of music is appropriate to what gig at what time. There's no set formula, even though some people claim there is tried and tested methods. I don't buy that arguement. What gets played at what time depends on people, location, the majority the party is targeted at and any other number of factors to be taken into consideration.

If you do decide that a certain type of music gets played at a certain time, that's kinda boring in my book.
keirrajade

i agree with itchy with the full on melodic for morning

although it would be cool to hear something different like some chunky dnb :) more dnb and parties in general would be mad!
flurohero

something a bit dynamite-fresh and adventurous in the a.m. can be nice.

the sedentary format is identically,laughably alike to a mc donalds menu/experience.ha ha! ha ha!
tract

SpeakaHuggers wrote :
NOISE POISON ALL THE WAY!!!!
Kashyyyk, crazy astronaut sunrise
looney moon recs from 8-9ish onwards

seriously nsw has been going to soft lately...

6 months in italy has opened my eyes...
they play full on till midnight...mayhem all night till 8-9ish then blend back into looney moon styles for breakiee onwards...
never a dull moment...
seriously the dancefloor is always packed and the energy is awesome...true psychedelic trance n dance....
nothing better than hearing your favorite furious, highko , cosmo , etc.. tracks when the sun is up!! the energy this music can create is in a league of its own...
my 2 cents worth...dont knock it till u try it. :killah: :mrgreen: :killah: :mrgreen: :killah:

rofl.

The music in the day needs to be so hard and devoid of melody you want to petition the UN and if you saw Boris/Electric Universe you would douse him in gasoline eh ?

111 posts Page 1 of 5