psytrance scenies are very sheepish.

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
60 posts Page 1 of 3
realitysoldier

Is it just me or has the psytrance/doof scene become a breading ground for hypocrisy?. There seems to be an underlying sense in the scene, that people are benefiting mentally, spiritually and sometimes even physically from attending these events. i have met many opinionated people who vent their ides's on the dance floor, or at a camp site about love and freedom and environmentalism or human rights, yet in reality they are more likely to be influenced into taking drugs, drinking alcohol, smoking and all sorts of other things which are harmful to themselves,and others in cases.

Personally, i think with the influence of the idea that doofing can be or is beneficial, there is the potential for people to make some really bad life decisions, and have a very compromised view of themselves and the people around them eg: family and long time friends, i have an opinion on this matter because i have been through this and have witnessed examples of people going to a lot of party's , being influenced by the culture, eg: hippie clothes, dread lock's and ideas on how to improve society and world politics, having major relationship breakdowns with loved ones, getting hooked on drugs, (whilst convinced that if they eat well the next day they are fine.) and ending up alot worse off, older,depressed... the list goes on.

So to conclude my sociological examination of the doof scene, a lot of people are fucking up in life due to psytrance party's and the culture that comes with it, most thing's in moderation aren't too bad, take a look around at some of the characters getting around at doofs these days, behaving ridiculously and all. Some Boundary's are there for a reason, we have became civilized and clean for a reason, we wear clothes and have community's for a reason.
Though I'm sure all of you have the best of intentions, alot of people are not staying true to themselves (in the scene) and trying to be someone that they are not or someone they met at a doof.

outter time,,,sorry

love REALTY SOLDIER
jarmin

i dont take drugs!!!!!!
i prefer to go to a party and enjoy it for what it really is, i think there would be many people that would be the same,
i really dont think doofing is the reason people change in bad ways, it could happen in any situation really.. eg: going out to nightclubs or pubs and clubs every weekend
Last edited by jarmin on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rollyz

Yep, drugs at parties are so yesterday. And with that, production quality (music, djing, art, etc) is on the way up again. I think the drug thing goes in cycles. It has its purpose.
simon

Is it just me or has the pub/nightclub scene become a breading ground for hypocrisy?. There seems to be an underlying sense in the scene, that people are benefiting mentally, spiritually and sometimes even physically from attending these events. i have met many opinionated people who vent their ides's on the dance floor, or at a camp site about love and freedom and environmentalism or human rights, yet in reality they are more likely to be influenced into taking drugs, drinking alcohol, smoking and all sorts of other things which are harmful to themselves,and others in cases.

Personally, i think with the influence of the idea that nightclubing can be or is beneficial, there is the potential for people to make some really bad life decisions, and have a very compromised view of themselves and the people around them eg: family and long time friends, i have an opinion on this matter because i have been through this and have witnessed examples of people going to a lot of party's , being influenced by the culture, eg: hippie clothes, dread lock's and ideas on how to improve society and world politics, having major relationship breakdowns with loved ones, getting hooked on drugs, (whilst convinced that if they eat well the next day they are fine.) and ending up alot worse off, older,depressed... the list goes on.

So to conclude my sociological examination of the nightclub scene, a lot of people are fucking up in life due to pub party's and the culture that comes with it, most thing's in moderation aren't too bad, take a look around at some of the characters getting around at nightclubs these days, behaving ridiculously and all. Some Boundary's are there for a reason, we have became civilized and clean for a reason, we wear clothes and have community's for a reason.
Though I'm sure all of you have the best of intentions, alot of people are not staying true to themselves (in the scene) and trying to be someone that they are not or someone they met at a nightclub.

Is it just me or has the racetrack/sports event scene become a breading ground for hypocrisy?. There seems to be an underlying sense in the scene, that people are benefiting mentally, spiritually and sometimes even physically from attending these events. i have met many opinionated people who vent their ides's on the lounge, or at an event about love and freedom and environmentalism or human rights, yet in reality they are more likely to be influenced into taking drugs, drinking alcohol, smoking and all sorts of other things which are harmful to themselves,and others in cases.

Personally, i think with the influence of the idea that sports eventing can be or is beneficial, there is the potential for people to make some really bad life decisions, and have a very compromised view of themselves and the people around them eg: family and long time friends, i have an opinion on this matter because i have been through this and have witnessed examples of people going to a lot of party's , being influenced by the culture, eg: hippie clothes, dread lock's and ideas on how to improve society and world politics, having major relationship breakdowns with loved ones, getting hooked on drugs, (whilst convinced that if they eat well the next day they are fine.) and ending up alot worse off, older,depressed... the list goes on.

So to conclude my sociological examination of the sports event scene, a lot of people are fucking up in life due to racetrack party's and the culture that comes with it, most thing's in moderation aren't too bad, take a look around at some of the characters getting around at sports events these days, behaving ridiculously and all. Some Boundary's are there for a reason, we have became civilized and clean for a reason, we wear clothes and have community's for a reason.
Though I'm sure all of you have the best of intentions, alot of people are not staying true to themselves (in the scene) and trying to be someone that they are not or someone they met at a sports event.

i could go on replacing the words doof with any other scene, but you get my point, no ?
FRACAS

simon wrote :
i could go on replacing the words doof with any other scene, but you get my point, no ?

Well said bro....
:killah:
realitysoldier

There is no doubt that the doof scene has one of the strongest drug cultures out of the whole electronic music world, take a look around next time and i know all of you guys take drugs,keep it real.
For me there are a lot of positive things that can come out of doofing, don't get me wrong, and some of the people i have met there are beautiful. However,
i also think it can be detrimental, i dont think its the promoters or the punters, i think its a bit of a miss lead idealist sanctuary, where even the moronic are heard and have influence, eg: ppl who take drugs for three days straight with no food or sleep and convince themselves and others that a few good meals through the week will neutralize all the depletion.?
Anyway :)

alex jones
FRACAS

I would like to know your intention for starting such a loaded thread??
Last edited by FRACAS on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
realitysoldier

FRACAS wrote :
Do you go to church by any chance??? perhaps a christian looking to save us??

what makes you assume that fracus ? im not out to offend anyone, though it seems my observations or opinions aren't welcome here? is it only positive things you wish to hear?
So trying to categorize me as a christian so you can use that as a personal attack, is that what kind of things you would like to do to people who have a different opinion than you?
realitysoldier

FRACAS wrote :
simon wrote :

Well said bro....
:killah:

exhibit A: Sheepish
realitysoldier

jarmin wrote :
when i started going to party's 6 years ago i used to take all different types of drugs..i now take none
i prefer to go to a party and enjoy it for what it really is, i think there would be many people that would be the same,
i really dont think doofing is the reason people change in bad ways, it could happen in any situation really.. eg: going out to nightclubs or pubs and clubs every weekend

oh, im sure it happens at the local RSL, but to deny the fact that there is a strong (at least) drug culture in the scene? i don't know about that one.
FRACAS

What do wish to acheive from such a thread???
Should we agree and say Psy parties are hedonistic drug fueled sheep gatherings of no merits?
I just find your opinion naive and lacking in experience(ie why i asked if you had religious motives).
What are your motives for such a thread ??
If it was to bait ....well done
herbsandspices

I don't think this is your regular run of the mill troll.

Please be careful what you post here at the moment. My best guess is a hack looking for a story.
Lucid Visions

SUS :!:
bio[diversity]

Everything in moderation....

including Moderation.
n-psy-t

I actually conducted this survey at a few parties and came up with this demographic representation:

35% Hippy-o-crites & Self indulgent wankers
65% Normal, functioning Homosapiens
venatrix

Last edited by venatrix on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speekeesy

hack or not, the post is not worth a reply- the bias is obvious and the attitude firmly set.
realitysoldier

simon wrote :
Is it just me or has the pub/nightclub scene become a breading ground for hypocrisy?. There seems to be an underlying sense in the scene, that people are benefiting mentally, spiritually and sometimes even physically from attending these events. i have met many opinionated people who vent their ides's on the dance floor, or at a camp site about love and freedom and environmentalism or human rights, yet in reality they are more likely to be influenced into taking drugs, drinking alcohol, smoking and all sorts of other things which are harmful to themselves,and others in cases.

Personally, i think with the influence of the idea that nightclubing can be or is beneficial, there is the potential for people to make some really bad life decisions, and have a very compromised view of themselves and the people around them eg: family and long time friends, i have an opinion on this matter because i have been through this and have witnessed examples of people going to a lot of party's , being influenced by the culture, eg: hippie clothes, dread lock's and ideas on how to improve society and world politics, having major relationship breakdowns with loved ones, getting hooked on drugs, (whilst convinced that if they eat well the next day they are fine.) and ending up alot worse off, older,depressed... the list goes on.

So to conclude my sociological examination of the nightclub scene, a lot of people are fucking up in life due to pub party's and the culture that comes with it, most thing's in moderation aren't too bad, take a look around at some of the characters getting around at nightclubs these days, behaving ridiculously and all. Some Boundary's are there for a reason, we have became civilized and clean for a reason, we wear clothes and have community's for a reason.
Though I'm sure all of you have the best of intentions, alot of people are not staying true to themselves (in the scene) and trying to be someone that they are not or someone they met at a nightclub.

Is it just me or has the racetrack/sports event scene become a breading ground for hypocrisy?. There seems to be an underlying sense in the scene, that people are benefiting mentally, spiritually and sometimes even physically from attending these events. i have met many opinionated people who vent their ides's on the lounge, or at an event about love and freedom and environmentalism or human rights, yet in reality they are more likely to be influenced into taking drugs, drinking alcohol, smoking and all sorts of other things which are harmful to themselves,and others in cases.

Personally, i think with the influence of the idea that sports eventing can be or is beneficial, there is the potential for people to make some really bad life decisions, and have a very compromised view of themselves and the people around them eg: family and long time friends, i have an opinion on this matter because i have been through this and have witnessed examples of people going to a lot of party's , being influenced by the culture, eg: hippie clothes, dread lock's and ideas on how to improve society and world politics, having major relationship breakdowns with loved ones, getting hooked on drugs, (whilst convinced that if they eat well the next day they are fine.) and ending up alot worse off, older,depressed... the list goes on.

So to conclude my sociological examination of the sports event scene, a lot of people are fucking up in life due to racetrack party's and the culture that comes with it, most thing's in moderation aren't too bad, take a look around at some of the characters getting around at sports events these days, behaving ridiculously and all. Some Boundary's are there for a reason, we have became civilized and clean for a reason, we wear clothes and have community's for a reason.
Though I'm sure all of you have the best of intentions, alot of people are not staying true to themselves (in the scene) and trying to be someone that they are not or someone they met at a sports event.

Utterly ridiculous , my brain can't handle this level of ignorance, you want to make a mockery of this issue hey? Thats one point to me sucker !
realitysoldier

sorry for no punctuation I'm on my phone well I wrote this thead because it is a serious concern of mine, wether you wish to turn a blind eye or you have a different opinion or it just makes you cringe, is beside the point, This issue is real and needs addressing ,does it matter who wrote this,no, unless you want to personally attack me, ps survey? Ha
synthz

the rugs are obviously bad for you... the experience is the beneficial thing. Definately changed me for the better.
venatrix

Last edited by venatrix on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
herbsandspices

And, I suspect, automated.

Either way, don't feed the douche.
venatrix

Last edited by venatrix on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
realitysoldier

venatrix wrote :
In conclusion, what are you actually trying to say? And, more importantly, what are you hoping to achieve by saying it?

You seem to switch between rhetorical stream-of-consciousness and inappropriate reactionism...

what's up doc?
so, u want me to talk slower , complicating things with big words ain't helping , just face the fact that my subject matter is very relevant to the psytrance scene, in particular,,,then we can begin a discussion, and as to replace doof with sport, what a weak case, web bots and hackers,,,,,,,,,,,deeer and you forum groupy nerds are lost, narrow minded ,,,the list could go on,, wak , you suckers comin atcha like a beam like a ray like a buzzard,,,a quick shout out to those who attempt to speak the truth, and FUCK u to the rest aaaiitt
Last edited by realitysoldier on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
realitysoldier

herbsandspices wrote :
And, I suspect, automated.

Either way, don't feed the douche.

Deeeeeeerrrrr, automated web bots that hack forums ???? As i said ,,,,lost its just me , s,,,,,,s ;) ps psytrance is for losers haaha :(
60 posts Page 1 of 3