How long have you been into psytrance?

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
reik

Having been part of Australiens for a while and into psy for longer I thought I'd start a useful thread where people can compare how long they've been into psy music...I'll start and try delve back through my memory.

I started off going to under 18 club nights at the Daily Planet? which was on the other side of the lane behind what became Rogues (1989).

Soon after leaving school I remember going to a club in Sussex St somewhere, it had an Egyptian theme...maybe it was called Sphinx and they played Italo House...it was the first place I remember people dancing to a DJ at the front and I found it funny at the time that people were dancing in rows (1991)

Another club I recall a few years after that included the place that became Byblos on Oxford St, not sure what it's called now. I then went on to Hellfire (back in the early days of 1993 - 1996), Day Club at Blackmarket and also went to a few Vibetribe parties (I think) one I remember being at Les Girls which became Palladium, not sure what it's called now.

Around 1996/7 my mates and I started going to trance parties...we saw X-Dream a few times (then and also a few years later, once being at Palladium), DJ Miko (at a warehouse in Redfern), Tsuyoshi & Ollie Wisdom... lots of fun times. Mark Allen's "Return to the Source" was popular at that time. I spent early 1998 in India with a few months in Goa seeing all types of crazy things and enjoying parties in Disco Valley and Bamboo Forest.

Came back to Australia and went to many parties all around, including at:
- Moonee Moonee
- Hawkesbury
- Newcastle NBN Tower
- Kurnell Dunes
- Boats on the harbour
- Graffiti Hall of Fame
- Regent St
- Manning Bar (Green Nuns & Koxbox)
- Happy Valley (Infected Mushroom maybe?)
- Summer Dreaming (GMS & Antaro in '99 or '00 bring back good memories)
- Summer Dreaming again in 2003 or 4 with Spacecat?
- Earthdance
- Arq
- Various others in Sydney and a few in Melb

So that's a grand total of 15 years...I'm still into psy music of various genres but don't get out too much anymore to listen to it...there's not too many places around where I live anyway...one thing though is that I'm passing it on to my family who enjoy the beats...

That's my history project :bonfire:
susan

long enough to know better but not quite long enough to care how long i've been... ahh.. what's the question again? :bounce:
venatrix

Last edited by venatrix on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the mad kiwi

Started out with illegal Warehouse parties when I was about 18 or round about, then drifted off into piss up club culture for a bit just being a munter and stuff, Started listening to Drum and Bass in a big way, left the country moved to Acidney where i met some trippers that were into doofs the trippers being Bain and Peril, I had brief meetings with Susan, Browne and Artreyu ....... there were others but it was a long time ago, sorry if I cant recall your names, skipped out to Dublin for a while and took up drinking again then after that moved back to the NZ .

Still way into Psy and doofs but dont get out to any as much as I'd like to , Work commitments and all that kinda stuff ..... hmmmm that's gotta be about 14/15 yrs I reckon !!
AntStorm

feels like a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time

got into acid house in 87 , used to lie about my age to get into the RAT parties back in sydney , went to a few of the early raves in sydney but fell in love with the whole Madchester rave thing dabbled with the whole happy hard thing hated it and then found bliss at Sydney park , and havent looked back since
pnematicaudio

About 72 hours, give or take. Went to my first doof Strange Brew, had a lifechanging weekend but the music wasn't what i was into but battled on went to Regrowth had a great weekend but again didnt get the music, So i went to Doof Pirates and still wasnt to keen on the music. But all last week was going through the iPod, and my current music library wasnt taking me away from the mundane of monday to friday so on thursday purchased my first psytrance album and hey presto the search is over. :rainbow:
kathmandu

which album did you purchase?
pnematicaudio

Regeneration, Morning vibrations from accross the nation, I really want to get daheen's set with the elvis track cant wait to see him on the 20'th of next month. I drive trucks for a living so downloading on the go is how i get most of my music would be good if more psy was on itunes. but since there isnt ill just have to doof more, what a shame.
FeralBrown

the mad kiwi wrote :
Started out with illegal Warehouse parties when I was about 18 or round about, then drifted off into piss up club culture for a bit just being a munter and stuff, Started listening to Drum and Bass in a big way, left the country moved to Acidney where i met some trippers that were into doofs the trippers being Bain and Peril, I had brief meetings with Susan, Browne and Artreyu ....... there were others but it was a long time ago, sorry if I cant recall your names, skipped out to Dublin for a while and took up drinking again then after that moved back to the NZ .

Still way into Psy and doofs but dont get out to any as much as I'd like to , Work commitments and all that kinda stuff ..... hmmmm that's gotta be about 14/15 yrs I reckon !!

git fucked, sheepshag!
the mad kiwi

lor ......... sorry feralbrown must of been a dream then !!!

er I was keecked en the hed boi a flamin Kangeroo !!
FeralBrown

Teejay

Got into it when Captain Cook was still Seaman Cook
nah jokes i'm not even into psytrance anymore
it's lame
HUSTLER

scince ive ever heard "electric universe" a've dedicated my life to this art nomatter the consiquences that it will lead me...nevertheless i fell in love into it and i Dont think to brake apart...love you all :>
13 posts Page 1 of 1