New Server, Forum, and Private Messaging System!

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
50 posts Page 1 of 2
Meltdown
Site Admin

As you will have noticed we have installed a brand new forum, private messaging & user system for Australiens. We have also moved the site to a new server. These changes mean that the site will be much faster, and we will no longer have problems with threads crashing after too many posts, etc. The forum has much more functionality, better user profiles, user polls, more emoticons, and heaps of other features.

You CAN still view all the threads and posts from the old forum system here:

Forum Archive: http://www.australiens.net/forum/archive/

or you can use the Old Forums link in the forum menu at the top of the page...

This contains ALL the posts from the past 4 years for people to browse through, but you wont be able to reply or create new threads in the archive. All new topics should be created here in the new system. Please feel free to re-start threads here from the old system that you wish to continue discussing...

I will work on bringing over the old private messages, but in the mean time if anyone urgently needs information from a recent private message, feel free to PM me...

There will probably be a few changes in the next few days as we settle in to the new system/server, so let us know via The Feedback Forum if there are any problems or issues.

Enjoy!

Adam
Last edited by Meltdown on Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fiba Optix

Nice work Mista T :D

Cheers
Fiba

nuffin

oooo :wink: colors font sizes wow wee a new birth after a 4 yr gestation period...so much to learn thx heaps!

FeralBrown

Woot woot!!!
LOOKING SNAZZY!!!
:)
I LI'E I' A LO'!!!

jaimz

everything sucks! go back to how it was before! it used to be about the music, man!

heheh. just kidding, it's great.

Scat

Woowzers it does look really heaps...good
hehehe I did have some troubly trying to remember me password when loging in though haven't had to do that for a while :shock:

Druid Of Psy

wack jam!

looking forward to speaking some more psy-heads soon, once more people get into it

Dreamthief

SLICK!

Dreamthief

Oi, druid, the forum has been around a while. This is the latest incarnation. There are more people into it. About 3000 of them. Although most don't post.

Druid Of Psy

yeah i know that but i've been on and off on the net for ages, living where there ain't no phone (its fun you should try it) and i've just started to get into contact with some people agian

Esoterica2000-III

Nice one, thanx for the effort.

VJ DAMAGE

nice but used to be different before it changed

who's the moderators?

Marsoups

wicked :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

nice work Mr. (le`er af`a S)

Love i`!!!

waapwoop

Excellent!!! wow. I never new it could be so quick.

Felicious

This looks VERY familiar to sickparty.com :lol:

I never liked that format but I think the slight differences are the reasons for why I don't mind Australiens becoming like this!

Nice work! ;)

Esoterica2000-III

I gotta say I like it and all, but the grey is a little too...ummm......Grey, I know its obvious, but it had to be said. Maybe orange would have been better, with bright as fuk fluro borders and yellow fonts. (maybe thats in the pipes for sickparty.com) ha haa.. :)

Btw I really dig your sig waapwoop.

Felicious

If anyone would like to voice their opinion about the new format etc. in the form of a vote, feel free to do it in my fabulous POLL in the 'Feedback' section!
Voting in the poll could be just the practise you need before the big one on October 9th! If you need to make a mistake in voting, make it here, rather than doing it in the Federal Election. You don't wanna go around placing 1 next to the Liberals and not noticing now do you???

And that's my 400th post! Thankyou, thankyou so much! *curtsies* 8)

-=trashy=-

I approve ;) teheee.

Thanks Mr T. You are a CHAMP.

x

dissectional

User created templates or themes would rule, 'cos the current colour scheme is fuckin' nasty.
Cosmic Wizard

Roque78 wrote :
I gotta say I like it and all, but the grey is a little too...ummm......Grey, I know its obvious, but it had to be said. Maybe orange would have been better, with bright as fuk fluro borders and yellow fonts. (maybe thats in the pipes for sickparty.com) ha haa.. :)

Btw I really dig your sig waapwoop.

Look, my eyesight is really bad, and gray on black/gray gives me headaches. If at all possible, please, please put a new background or give us back the blue of the old forum. It would brighten up what is suppose to be a magical place. Cheers,
Meltdown
Site Admin

Thanks for the comments & feedback everyone :)

dissectional wrote :
User created templates or themes would rule, 'cos the current colour scheme is fuckin' nasty.

It's not going to happen, for reasons too technical to go into... Basically it's impossible with the mods that are applied to the template that allow the forum to sit within the Australiens header/footer etc...

Cosmic Wizard wrote :
Look, my eyesight is really bad, and gray on black/gray gives me headaches. If at all possible, please, please put a new background or give us back the blue of the old forum. It would brighten up what is suppose to be a magical place. Cheers,

Dude, the last forum was not blue. It was the same as this, only a slightly darker gray background. The colours are similar to the last forum, but I thought improved? Some reasons for this colours scheme is that I dont want to go white background, as Australiens has a bit of a more underground feel than many of the other related plain white/corporate feel forums/websites. On the other hand, white text on black background is not an option, as studies have shown that the contrast is bad on the eyes when reading a lot of text for a long period of time. Also, as mentioned, options like 'bright fluro orange' & pink & yellow with fractal polka dots is all very nice to talk about, but in reality it's not suitable to look at when reading a lot of text, not to mention it would burn the eyeballs within minutes, if not seconds.... And would look... how can I say... ridiculous :)

But seeing as it's popular request, I WILL make some changes to the colours though over the next few days, but I just want to tie down all the functional stuff first.. :) Glad to see everyone's enjoying it so far, apart from the occasional eye bleeding... :)

Cosmic Wizard

The darker background of the old site is easy on the eye, and what I meant about the blue was that there were some different colours. All the old threads had blue titles in their various forums, which highlighted the subject, who had started the thread, and who had last posted. It was the contrast which help blind bats like me. Cheers.

dodger

Well done. Already adjusted to the grey and apreciate the speed difference.

brainstorma

i want the dancing monkey emoticon
now now now now
-=trashy=-

aDaMT wrote :
But seeing as it's popular request, I WILL make some changes to the colours though over the next few days, but I just want to tie down all the functional stuff first.. :)

It's only a popular request from whingers who will probably never be happy!!! ;) It's only a colour for god's sake, and because it's new of course it seems strange, but it's not that bad!! The speed/layout makes up for it so much!! so just do what ya have to do Adam, we do appreciate it x
50 posts Page 1 of 2