IMPORTANT:Infected Tour (London date) moved to THE REX!!!

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
16 posts Page 1 of 1
Antiworld&Psygate

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
Infected Mushroom Tour (London Date)
MOVED TO THE STRATFORD REX!!!

ES Collective Present: November Rain…
"The Winter Edition" Saturday 26 November 2005... Feat: "INFECTED TOUR"!!!

INFECTING THE UK!!!
www.infected-mushroom.com

Live UK Tour:
London - Saturday 26 November 2005…
@ The Stratford Rex
361-375 Stratford High Street, London E15
10 pm to 06 am

See You In The Dance Floors And We Hope You'll Enjoy The Music & The Show!!!
:D

SamuraiJack

Australian psy site. AUSTRALIAN. Not limey.

tract

Sorted!

'nuff said..neck a 'alf and up for it with the infected massive geezers!!

Dale

Just deleted their spam from Oztrance - I have been told they are the earl of fnord of the UK.
Enough said.

karra

haha yeah i heard that as well ^^^

pretty funny.

SamuraiJack

Dale wrote :
Just deleted their spam from Oztrance - I have been told they are the earl of fnord of the UK.
Enough said.

What, you mean that everyone only gives them shit because they are succesful?

Because that's the story I hear about earl of fnord. Nothing to do with them being dodgy, shifty, or flatout mental at all.

tract

Dale wrote :
Enough said.

Christ, does that mean there is a pommy version of surf mountain too ?

flashfire

tract wrote :
Dale wrote :
Enough said.

http://www.fat-pie.com/chavs.htm

herbsandspices

I have a limey mate who is into psy and he tells me with some authority that the UK psy scene is really fucked, due to the decision made by many promoters to put on huge parties with psy and cheesy trance as well. The net result, he reckons, is that you get a bunch of pissed wankers stumbling into you and trying to grab your woman's arse all night (not all that different, but hey).

Don't know if anyone has expereiced the same thing?

SamuraiJack

herbsandspices wrote :
I have a limey mate who is into psy and he tells me with some authority that the UK psy scene is really fucked, due to the decision made by many promoters to put on huge parties with psy and cheesy trance as well. The net result, he reckons, is that you get a bunch of pissed wankers stumbling into you and trying to grab your woman's arse all night (not all that different, but hey).

Don't know if anyone has expereiced the same thing?

Thankfully, I don't live in limey land.

Heva

Meh yesh antiworld suck, they don't do psytrance nights as such, they put on HUGE nights which have some 'psytrance' acts playing there as well. They do nights at venues such as Alexandra Palace (massive) which has drum and bass, techno, and the likes of astrix, infected or skazi playing. In fact I think they are the only psytrance folks they get to play at their nights nowadays. *Apparently* they also have a history of filling their venues very near capacity, so many of the rooms are a sweatbox. They charge £25 a ticket for their nights! PLus they spam email accounts and forums etc etc etc.

Subsequently I'd say not many of the psytrance crowd really go to antiworld.

UK psy scene is really fucked

Pffffffffffft. It isn't. There are plenty of psy nights that go on all over the country. Yesh there are huge nights that play cheesey trance, but theres a wealth of nights that also play quality psy, often label nights. Theres nights the focus purely on progressive, others that play full-on. And theres a whole host of other nights going on all around the country. Maybe if people stepped out of the London bubble they would see that. Also during the summer we have loads of wicked outdoor parties. From where I sit the psy scene looks as healthy as ever. Pommies just like to whinge remember.
Last edited by Heva on Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heva

got to love their flyer:

clicky clicky

stubey

i just cant wait till infected come back here

nuv

'i heard that someone else told their friend that their cousin said that their friend who lives in the uk, sorry, lived in the uk, and they knew someone who went to a psy party, and they told someone else it was fucked'

i think anyone who said the psy scene is 'fucked' in the uk well ... what to say? even the use of the work 'fucked' coming from someone who is supposedly a psytrance fan?

'antiworld' put on some amazing parties, electro/tekno/d&b/happy cheese hardcore && pounding psytrance - 5000 people spread across 4 rooms.. how can that *not* be one insane party? the diversity of people present makes it alone worth going to... diversity of people, diversity of music... its a wonderful thing. and.. 'antiworld' does not equate to 'london psytrance'... there are heaps of different groups who put on parties..

and the stratford rex really IS THE NEXT BEST THING TO AN OUTDOOR PARTY. pounding psy in a massive old art-deco style theatre.. with decor that puts most psy parties to shame, i really don't think that the bigger .uk crews can be put down in any reasonable way for their production efforts. witnessing the insanity of infected in a place like that would be something to definantly see if you can go.

appreciate everything else and you'll enjoy the few things you really love all that much more.

just my 2c worth.

Mimm

flashfire wrote :
tract wrote :
Dale wrote :
Enough said.

http://www.fat-pie.com/chavs.htm

Jesus christ... that guy is a scary.

muggjuggle

nuv wrote :
...and the stratford rex really IS THE NEXT BEST THING TO AN OUTDOOR PARTY.

Better than The Drome was?
16 posts Page 1 of 1