What do most want???

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
64 posts Page 2 of 3

DarkFaction

^^^^^^^ goto www.ambivalentrecords.com , This is Scorbs label. :wink: or for a breif Bios, check out the whats on section, Abyss

Ritchie_Jay

bobret the hobret wrote :
Ritchie_Jay wrote :
tripn wrote :
after 1pm i usually just want to go home so i can take some G, have sex and go to sleep. so play whatever you like.

Do you realise how fucking stupid that sounds?

ritchie, go to the chemist and find yaself a pack of these, it might help you with your woes..

ha ha rob. Your recommendation is from experience?

bobret the hobret

yeh i've seen it pacify a few premenstrual bitches in the past. they tend to be more civil after they pop a coupla those - flushes all that sand outta the vagina ;)

Ritchie_Jay

yeh i've seen it pacify a few premenstrual bitches in the past. they tend to be more civil after they pop a coupla those - flushes all that sand outta the vagina ;)

Hope your mum is ok now.

bobret the hobret

Ritchie_Jay wrote :

Hope your mum is ok now.

ohh ritchie,

how disappointing.. such a weak response

Ritchie_Jay

Ritchie_Jay wrote :

Hope your mum is ok now.

ohh ritchie,

how disappointing.. such a weak response

Just fighting fire with fire.

tripn

AAANYWAY!!! what do you's think of my preferrential programming?

tripn wrote :

11pm - 3am: Minimal crunchy night and dark psygressive (Zenon style) and psychedelic tech trance (horns and hoofs style) building up to move into full on night music.

3am - 5am: twisted psychedelic night (jahbo, derango, richard ahlberg)

5am - 7am: psychedelic inspiring dawn music (twisted records, sundance records)

7am - 10am: either Neo fullon (alchemy, turbo trance) or if people want to have some real fun then id suggest some funky psychedelic morning stuff (neuron compost/hired goonz, loopus in fabula, finnish stuff)

10am - 12am: psygressive morning

12pm - 2pm: tribally Progressive

2pm - close: progressive with electro influence

aNti-MattEr

Yeah what Jaimz said. Well thought out journey.

A bit of everything should in theory attract more punters than a party sticking to similar styles/ djs throughout the night and day.

Ritchie_Jay

BTW What ever happened to the alternative artists threads?
Last edited by Ritchie_Jay on Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

briandubb

You sick puppies must be very bored!

flurohero

torana loads of "motley crue" heads from the eighties rocking out withbaseball bats,smashingup thesound system and making "bush wives" out of skinny wasted doof boys.

Apegod

Ritchie_Jay wrote :

It was deleted as your partner de anus threatened legal action as it violated his throat with several inches of hot creamy load.

Ritchie_Jay

Apegod wrote :
Ritchie_Jay wrote :

It was deleted as your partner de anus threatened legal action as it violated his throat with several inches of hot creamy load.

Thanks for the info Captain Tinrib.

~Wicked Angel~

all i ask is that there is no swaying music untill at least early afternoon

~Wicked Angel~

DarkFaction wrote :
tripn wrote :
after 1pm i usually just want to go home so i can take some G, have sex and go to sleep. so play whatever you like.

Pussy

i have to agree

bobret the hobret

~Wicked Angel~ wrote :
DarkFaction wrote :
tripn wrote :

Pussy

i have to agree

me too - thats what you get when you go home to have sex

sci0n

jaimz wrote :
What is played after 1pm depends considerably on what's been played before 1pm.

Doesn't ANYONE have a vague concept of a 'psychedelic journey' any more?

So sad to see everything that so many crews worked to create just ignored by the new generations.

</jaded>

Personally my current favorite journey concept would work thus:

11pm - 1am: Minimal crunchy night (Zenon style)
1am - 3am: Psychedelic full on night (Hujaboy / Bliss / CPU / Absolum)
3am - 5am: Intense night (Kindzadza / Israhell style)
5am - 7am: Pounding dawn (Sirius Isness / Space Tribe / Eskimo)
7am - 9am: Power morning (Spun / TIP / Hommega)
9am - 11am: Neo full-on (Nano / Neurobiotics / Turbo Trance / Alchemy)
11am - 2pm: Progressive psytrance (Iboga / Digital Structures)
2pm - 5pm: Progressive trance/electro (D-Nox + Beckers style)

Personally I'm curious as to how many DJs in Sydney are capable of playing more than one or two of these styles. For example I can't even count on one hand DJs that I'm aware of that can play power morning or neo full-on sets - anyone want to enlighten me?

This is what I have been wondering for a while now.....has everyone lost the concept of the journey????

karra

jaimz wrote :
What is played after 1pm depends considerably on what's been played before 1pm.

Doesn't ANYONE have a vague concept of a 'psychedelic journey' any more?

So sad to see everything that so many crews worked to create just ignored by the new generations.

</jaded>

Personally my current favorite journey concept would work thus:

11pm - 1am: Minimal crunchy night (Zenon style)
1am - 3am: Psychedelic full on night (Hujaboy / Bliss / CPU / Absolum)
3am - 5am: Intense night (Kindzadza / Israhell style)
5am - 7am: Pounding dawn (Sirius Isness / Space Tribe / Eskimo)
7am - 9am: Power morning (Spun / TIP / Hommega)
9am - 11am: Neo full-on (Nano / Neurobiotics / Turbo Trance / Alchemy)
11am - 2pm: Progressive psytrance (Iboga / Digital Structures)
2pm - 5pm: Progressive trance/electro (D-Nox + Beckers style)

Personally I'm curious as to how many DJs in Sydney are capable of playing more than one or two of these styles. For example I can't even count on one hand DJs that I'm aware of that can play power morning or neo full-on sets - anyone want to enlighten me?

I almost agree with Jaimz, cept i would say 7-10 Power morning, 10-12 Neo Full On, 12-2 Progressive but funky - not minimal - or whats been reffered to by some as "power progressive" 2-4 funky/electro something abit wacky to keep the mood up.

The journey - the most important part of the party - when organising the lineup think about what music the dj plays and what time suits - not just hey cool ill give my best friends the sickest set times and my other friends can just fit in around that. - cus that is bullshit.
too much progressive is bullshit and too much full on all night/all day is bullshit

- thinking of djs that could fill those sets in sydney i would say:
10-12 - no idea
12-2 - no idea
2-4 - Id be tracking down tract and forcing him to play - cant think of anyone else that plays a mean night set like he did
4-6 - Jaimz/Raptor...
6-8 - Jaimz/Raptor...
8-10 - Jaimz/Raptor - maybe nomsg allthough i not sure what he play these days, possibly mash also
10-12 - Daheen V Psyanide/jaimz
12-2 - Tquest, Eloise/Orphea, bobret
2-4 - Tquest, femme

wow that was alot harder than what it used to be!
.. Jaimz and Raptor are fairly versatile, you know they will play for the time and create a set that will mix in no matter what, alot of djs just seem to limit themselves to only playing one particular style - and well i dont agree with that - i think you wanna be a dj then you should be able to play at any time - and read the dancefloor do what the dancefloor wants not what your dj friends think would be a "sick/slick" track to play.

Cyberwlf

There's a heap of other psytrance / prog djs around sydney/newy/wollongong these days who can fill almost all those times you mentioned and play the style in question too.

PS. There's also more than 7 djs in Sydney ;)

suspiria

tripn wrote :

if the journey is properly planned and envisioned YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO BE GOING HOME AT THAT TIME ya faggot... you only go home that time because there has already been so much prog on (which i fukin love as a genre.. for the record) that the G is tiring ya'll down... or if thats all ya wanted at doofs then just get there later instead of usual times and then sleeping during the night for the prog stuff to commence.. all you show here is bias and i'm into more the styles you're into to but i don't want to see those who love the night stuff more miss out just because i prefer more groove and slower tempos these days.. taking from them makes the morning energy and feel quite naked... no journey was made by the ppl so they're just bopping to the music like they're at a rock concert... when ppl made the effort to enjoy the night on through to day break and on past midday we all connected on a deeper level and we all left with firm, vibrant memories.. i wish the same could be said for doofs over the past year with the few exceptions, most of which i unfortunately missed :(

rather than think of how you are and feel today, think back to when you first got into doofs and i'm not targetting this at sex addicted tripn here but the many... think back to when the night held as much charm and magic for you even if you weren't so into the tunes but into the whole journey in unison with those around ya.. and how your energy and pure want to being there fuelled ya through without the need for heaps of toxicity in ya blood either... good doofs are still out there, its just perception that has changed and maybe past grudges too but grudges are the domain of relationships with a small few, not a whole scene...

call it all hippy bull or look in the mirror and add yourself and that sort of attitude to the reason things are as they are because fuck me, the music out there is definitely ahead of its time as usual but us people seem to be confused and running in circles, distracted by human issues of far less importance but what do i know :cry:
Last edited by suspiria on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

karra

well i cant think of any others that really fit what i would want

so go ahead and name some names, maybe i have forgotten a few ppl...

suspiria

karra wrote :

i'm sure you can remember a time you didn't ask those questions before a party.. you just went for the community and the mystery of what was on was not a bad thing nor were expectations so far in front of your focus... not having a go, just trying to tell people to STOP BEING PEOPLE again.. tell them thoughts to go away and just BE and have FUN...

karra

suspiria wrote :
karra wrote :

i'm sure you can remember a time you didn't ask those questions before a party.. you just went for the community and the mystery of what was on was not a bad thing nor were expectations so far in front of your focus... not having a go, just trying to tell people to STOP BEING PEOPLE again.. tell them thoughts to go away and just BE and have FUN...

yeah once a upon a time
then i learnt better and only to go to parties that i liked the lineup and only give my money to those promoters i thought deserved it.

dont know what you mean by the people comment, people are people!

Pete_Paranoid

*does bushman's blow*
Music that makes you think what a great night you just had.
8)

Cyberwlf

karra wrote :
yeah once a upon a time
then i learnt better and only to go to parties that i liked the lineup and only give my money to those promoters i thought deserved it.

dont know what you mean by the people comment, people are people!

I believe what he meant by the people comment is that people have become 'like people do' in mainstream society, and become so serious and pretentious, that they've lost the understanding of just letting go and having fun at times.

People have gotten so caught up in only supporting their mates playing, or only interested in their favourite DJs, they never give the new people who come along who they don't know a real chance to see if they dig it, and base line-up's and parties alike largely on perception of how they think it's going to be, often largely based on the ramblings on the Internet of those who have been hitting the crack pipe a little too hard, or are just vultures who get enjoyment out of deriding/putting down pretty much every outdoor which comes along! Or they base it on a single experience and immediately write it off, allowing no room for people to make mistakes and learn from it.

I see a fair bit of noise from people regarding open mindedness, but that seems to be anything but the case for most people these days. Judge, jury, and executioner all before the trial has even taken place!

It's a more than fair point to want that diversity in sound, and a good journey. It's a good thing for sure, and there is time to be serious about things and pass judgement to how things should be, but if people learnt to stop being so goddamn serious all the time and just let go, they'd surprise themselves dancing to, and as shocking as it is to believe, even enjoying what their listening to!
64 posts Page 2 of 3