3 Open Letters

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
34 posts Page 2 of 2

Elysium

what a constructive debate!

gestalt

Talk, it's only talk
Arguments, agreements, advice, answers,
Articulate announcements
It's only talk
Talk, it's only talk
Babble, burble, banter, bicker bicker bicker
Brouhaha, boulderdash, ballyhoo
It's only talk
Back talk
Talk talk talk, it's only talk
Comments, cliches, commentary, controversy
Chatter, chit-chat, chit-chat, chit-chat,
Conversation, contradiction, criticism
It's only talk
Cheap talk
Talk, talk, it's only talk
Debates, discussions
These are words with a D this time
Dialogue, dualogue, diatribe,
Dissention, declamation
Double talk, double talk
Talk, talk, it's all talk
Too much talk
Small talk
Talk that trash
Expressions, editorials, expugnations, exclamations, enfadulations
It's all talk
Elephant talk, elephant talk, elephant talk

gher

I don't think the speed of a track determines how 'psychedelic' a track is. I can understand frustrations with being pigeon-holed based on what speed but your argument seems very one-dimensional. Surely it goes deeper than the speed you play at?

BLAY

In my experience it is the "progressive" psy that is far less psychedelic than the fast night time music. When I say "less psychedelic" i mean less changes in the music per minute

Dont you mean it would be less appealing to someone with A.D.D?

Oh well, at least all this gets old matey elysium some nice free promo.

but it appears its just the labels not wanting to take a chance. which is a pity

Bullshit. You dont think Zenon takes a chance with every release?

If people supported the smaller labels that are trying to promote original tunes and boycott the larger labels that are releasing the spak-filla you speak of then this whole thread would never have originated.

cheers

Blay

Elysium

BLAY wrote :
Oh well, at least all this gets old matey elysium some nice free promo.

Thats a bit out of line dude. I dont do this for promotion. I do it because I care and because i and many other artists are fed up with how the scene has developed. And believe me if it was to get gigs or to get record deals I doubt it's very smart to critisise the Festivals and the labels as I do ;)

So think what you like. At least I do something that I believe in.

Galactic Monkey

BLAY wrote :
In my experience it is the "progressive" psy that is far less psychedelic than the fast night time music. When I say "less psychedelic" i mean less changes in the music per minute

Dont you mean it would be less appealing to someone with A.D.D?

No. I think when you have ADD is when you swing from one thought to another before accomplishing your first thought. Someone who thinks fast is not someone who has ADD.

Galactic Monkey

gher wrote :
I don't think the speed of a track determines how 'psychedelic' a track is. I can understand frustrations with being pigeon-holed based on what speed but your argument seems very one-dimensional. Surely it goes deeper than the speed you play at?

Hence my comment on the first page about the fast bpm not being the only criteria.

I should also add that while I favour dark and hard trance I also listen to plenty of music with lower bpm and I am not a fan of amphs in the slightest.

Apegod

ATREYU wrote :
Blah blah bladiblah blah

Shut up you petulant little twerp.

simon

BLAY wrote :
but it appears its just the labels not wanting to take a chance. which is a pity

Bullshit. You dont think Zenon takes a chance with every release?

If people supported the smaller labels that are trying to promote original tunes and boycott the larger labels that are releasing the spak-filla you speak of then this whole thread would never have originated.

cheers

Blay

i couldnt agree with you more.

like i said, my purchases have gone down because the signal:noise ratio is getting really low... if more labels were like zenon then i'd be buying lots more CD's...

simon/zenon records
34 posts Page 2 of 2