Please help! Sore hips!

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
24 posts Page 1 of 1
crystaltech

After stomping passionatley to Tristan on Saturday night, my legs, particuarly my hips were shot. When i really love what im hearing, i cant help but stomp really hard, and let myself go. But i know that the way i stomp hard, isnt good for my hips, knees, legs. And i want to still be able to walk in 20 years. The ol' bouncy springy jumping at times just doesnt satisfy my need to stomp and dance with all my energy. How i can stomp hard without creating havoc on my legs?

Esoterica2000-III

Ahh yes, the hardkunt stomp syndrome. I suggest maybe do some daily exercise, like some kind of Yoga or Pilates (woman go crazy over that) Capoeira will strengthen those hips (among other things) without a doubt...Martial Arts? Ty-Bo cracks me up though, but it could do the trick for some people. Worse comes to worse, a regular light jog never killed anyone.

All the best.

Pete_Paranoid

My knees are on the way out too.
When I was younger, (especially after a skiing accident,) they would dislocate. They’d SNAP outta place then SNAP back into place. Which as you imagine, is really fucking painful!

Maybe you should lash out on a decent pair of sneakers.

Razpect!

bio[diversity]

I know exactly what you mean, except for me it's my ankles. They got hammered at the Skazi concert, so i've been trying all sorts of remedies and preventions since then. ( and there still sore after i give them a hard time )

Acupuncture, stops the swelling and can strengthen the joints.
Chinese herbal patches applied to the sore bits before you go out helps a lot.
Swimming laps at your local heated pool.
Good, high cut boots, not too heavy but with good cushioning.
Stretching before, during and after the concert. You will often see me with my back stretched on the dancefloor, touching my toes or stretching whatever bits are sore. Helps a lot.
Sex. Lots and lots of sex. As it's your hips hurting, this is the best preventative and curative medicine anyone can prescribe. And it's fun. :lol:

Good luck and don't give up the stompin just yet. We're all going to that Doof retirement home anyway so we can all suffer the agonies together.

Cheers,
S

Moratus

At Earthdance I danced until my knees were creaking!

Just one of the hazards of psy!

Esoterica2000-III

Your an old woman too Kate, remember that. I hear the oil from a Chupacabra's back is good for the knees.

Barbarian

ICE.
its lovely, especially coming into summer. put it in a bathtub on sunday night. you don't need too much maybe a half bag to start with, then scoop it in every now and then. get up every 1/2 hour to stop you totally soaking to death. but tune in the radio, have a few cocktails and dream up excuses for why you wont be going to work the next day.

tripn

Roque78 wrote :
Your an old woman too Kate, remember that. I hear the oil from a Chupacabra's back is good for the knees.

yo roque, have you been to south america yet or are you still yet to go.
if you havent been yet i would like you to get me some of this chupacabra oil and a chupacabra t-shirt too. if you cant get the oil then the t-shirt will do.

Esoterica2000-III

Not yet, leaving sometime in Jan..

Man, you know how hard it is to catch one of them blood sucking beasts? Let alone get their back oil! Legend has it that The Chupacabras don't take shit from nobody, especially South Oz Gringos like me, Word around town (El Pueblo) is that they are currently located in an underground cave north west of Costa Rica, and it is believed that they are hiding from their homies (The Reptilians) because of a slight mis-understanding (El King Pin Chupacabra fucked the Queen and messed up the bloodline) anyway I'm not headed thataway, like aDaMT says, that's bat country.

Good looking freak >
http://paranormal.about.com/gi/dynamic/ ... acab.shtml

Can score the T-Shirt, but you'll have to wait a year or so..

nuffin

yoga is great for opening up the hips seated postures can be adjusted to your level of openess ...also strenghtning the muscles around the area lower back, thighs and lots of side stretches.pm me if you want more detailed info. om shanthi......oh then your be able to dance like a demon .....also good springy shoes and if you can when your out the flatest part of the dancefloor always helps hard to do and find if off chops.....failing all that laying flat on yer back and stomping yer feet upwards to the sky ahhh great for saving the knees and ankles! but looks a bit silly well thats all right then... :P

crystaltech

Thanks peoples! Ok so it seems i need to strengthen myself, and use soothing aftermath methods, rather than find a stomping technique that will avoid pain. Ok well that seems better to me than trying to modify my stomp, cos then i will be trying too hard to dance a certain way instead of just being free. Thankyou. :)

sman

hmm, maybe you need to adjust your dancing style. my technique is to dance half time with the legs, bouncing on one foot for the first two beats then the other for the last two beats of the bar. That way I can go for hours!

suspiria

its simple, the horizontal tango is all you need to overcome soreness.. must we elaborate further?!?! :p

Esoterica2000-III

suspiria wrote :
its simple, the horizontal tango is all you need to overcome soreness.. must we elaborate further?!?! :p

The 69th Tango stance is highly recomended aswell, not only does it work wonders, but you always get called back twice. (If you do it right ofcourse)

suspiria

how does one get the 69 wrong?!

Esoterica2000-III

suspiria wrote :
how does one get the 69 wrong?!

I don't know, I never have. 8)
flashfire

crystaltech wrote :
After stomping passionatley to Tristan on Saturday night, my legs, particuarly my hips were shot. When i really love what im hearing, i cant help but stomp really hard, and let myself go. But i know that the way i stomp hard, isnt good for my hips, knees, legs. And i want to still be able to walk in 20 years. The ol' bouncy springy jumping at times just doesnt satisfy my need to stomp and dance with all my energy. How i can stomp hard without creating havoc on my legs?

I first read this post yesterday, and I ended up dreaming about it last night! Weird. I think I was about as helpful in the dream as I am being now. Sorry.

suspiria

unlike Roque who seems to be dreaming of 6's and 9's all the time.. someone throw a bucket of cold water over the guy...

Esoterica2000-III

Who said I dream of 6's and 9's, I dream of 69's.

tripn

Roque78 wrote :

ill see if my friends living in mexico can send one over. otherwise grab one for me.

SamuraiJack

"Hi, I do no exercise, and then when I spend a night doing high impact style movements, I find that I am sore. Particularly in the areas which are weak and lazy, which also bear the most impact, say, my knees and hips. Oh yeah, I also smoke and take drugs which are also bad for my joints. I dont eat well either. Can you suggest a way of dancing which will help me not be crippled?"

"Yes. Two in the back of the head."

crystaltech

SamuraiJack wrote :
"Hi, I do no exercise, and then when I spend a night doing high impact style movements, I find that I am sore. Particularly in the areas which are weak and lazy, which also bear the most impact, say, my knees and hips. Oh yeah, I also smoke and take drugs which are also bad for my joints. I dont eat well either. Can you suggest a way of dancing which will help me not be crippled?"

"Yes. Two in the back of the head."

"Ok, well what about we share my orange instead?"

SamuraiJack

crystaltech wrote :

"Ok, well what about we share my orange instead?"

ACCEPTABLE. YOU WILL NOW GIVE ME ORANGE. Again.

Esoterica2000-III

tripn wrote :
Roque78 wrote :

ill see if my friends living in mexico can send one over. otherwise grab one for me.

Btw where the fuck I'm I meant to find this "Chupacabra" T-shirt??
I ain't going to no 3rd world country slave factory! :wink:
24 posts Page 1 of 1