should doofers become evangelists

General Discussion about the PsyTrance scene, way of life, etc.
59 posts Page 3 of 3
AdrianPsy

Multi user dungeon. I lol'd. :lol:

Re:

synthz

Katsushiro wrote :
Also, it always has, and always will, be about looking cool.

hahaha what bullshit. You think you look cool when you are covered in mud wandering around like a zombie?

It is about the freedom.
kayhat

synthz wrote :
Katsushiro wrote :

hahaha what bullshit. You think you look cool when you are covered in mud wandering around like a zombie?

It is about the freedom.

...to walk around covered in mud looking like a zombie? :P

I reckon that doofs are governed by as many do and do nots as anywhere else, and most people involved are trapped in a peter pan myth to tell the truth... ....it looks like that many younger ones will get immersed in this hypocrisy and nothing will really change either.

Doofers are totally evagelistic too, and totally self-absorbed 99% of the time, I have found from experience. There is no recognition of other places and ways to obtain personal freedoms, it's just about the peach eaters eating peaches and saying how life changing and healthy peaches are for you. Then they get sick and go to hospital from eating too many fucking peaches.

Let's face facts, children, doof is just a fringe sub-culture and a good party, but any change of life and new freedoms you may witness is entirely subjective.
treedreamer

oh wow. a religion for doofers? hmm. hmm. what to say. well, i know one thing, another religion is the last thing anyone needs. am not sure why we always need to prove belief or spirituality through rituals and so forth. just 'being' is a faith statement, if you need to prove something.

as far as "moral" or "almost christlike behaviour" from doofers, well now, that's hilarious (am laughing my head off as we speak). that is the funniest thing i have read for ages! oh dear. tee hee!

vestal virgins. holy shit, that would be a tough find in doof-land. maybe we could all stitch our hymens back with some sacrificed goat testicles or something. oh yeah, me and my new hymen. (it burns. it burns!)

the only thing that never lies is nature. and we know nothing. humans are lunatics and religion is our fear response to mortality.

sorry, but really. i mean, really?
venatrix

^^ win.
synthz

kayhat wrote :
synthz wrote :
Katsushiro wrote :

It is about the freedom.

...to walk around covered in mud looking like a zombie? :P

I reckon that doofs are governed by as many do and do nots as anywhere else, and most people involved are trapped in a peter pan myth to tell the truth... ....it looks like that many younger ones will get immersed in this hypocrisy and nothing will really change either.

Doofers are totally evagelistic too, and totally self-absorbed 99% of the time, I have found from experience. There is no recognition of other places and ways to obtain personal freedoms, it's just about the peach eaters eating peaches and saying how life changing and healthy peaches are for you. Then they get sick and go to hospital from eating too many fucking peaches.

Let's face facts, children, doof is just a fringe sub-culture and a good party, but any change of life and new freedoms you may witness is entirely subjective.

Yeah - if that is what I want to do at the time. I couldn't do that in the city. The occasional peach can be good, although apples are also nice.
kayhat

A good mix and variety of food for the body is healthy!

Re:

~Wicked Angel~

rollyz wrote :
Stuff sacrificing animals....we want virgins! Sacrifice the virgins! Then followed by group orgies :twisted:

where are you going to find them these days?

The thing about religion is that no matter which one you look at, really they are all the same. Well the "good" stuff in them anyway. Be kind to yourself and to others, treat the planet with respect, have faith that the divine universe will look after you and do whats right but take control of your own life all the same and do what is morally right ie listen to your inner truth. It's like ice cream. It's all ice cream, just different flavours *shrugs*

What makes religion "bad" is when people are hypocrites about it. No one is perfect. Everyone truely does the best they can with what they know until they know more, even if that means ignoring your inner truth and universal truth as it may be. It's just where they are at, at that moment , in that headspace from that experience. Also all those threats about fire and damnation and being judged. It scares the shit out of people from looking at other things so they believe things out of fear.

I was very anti religion once i hit late teens/adulthood due to being forced in catholosism my entire life but in the last couple of years i've been trying to just accept everyones beliefs (which I still have trouble with at times) because it's all just different fingers pointing to the one place. There is only one ultimate truth after all.

ps - sorry for bumping an old thread. I know how you guys hate when I do that ;) but i'm catching up and reading back a fair bit makes me kinda miss the place ;)

pps - I've always said a doof is my church. It's where I go to celebrate being alive, my connection to nature and myself and to other like mind beings who i love and where I feel most free to just be me, sounds like a good religion to me :)
rollyz

bargirl wrote :
after reading all this...and the 3 years that have passed, have you founded that religion yet?

For those who are still here, I guess you missed it. Everyone was warned that the time will come. The mothership has left. Those remaining will just have to endure the rest of time here.

Sorry no more virgins left, all used up. Have to go back to sacrificing goats again...
59 posts Page 3 of 3