Crystal skulls: fake.

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
19 posts Page 1 of 1
infinafta

ionized

The British museum one was proved ages ago to be a 19th century fake. I think they were actually able to track the production of some of them back to german craftsman.

Theres still lots of smaller ones though that are considered authentic. Not quite as flashy as the big ones but considering the tools of the time is still a fucking mystery.

itchytriggerniggerfingers

Do you think shops like Borders & Amazon will take all the books written around this subject out of the non-fiction section now...

Esoterica2000-III

Settle down.. just because a few fakes come out the woodwork, doesn't necessarily mean the rest are fake and this myth isn't real or more importantly significant to a certain extent on some level. Don't undermine alien tech or gifts from ancient ancestors.

infinafta

Esoterica2000-III wrote :
Settle down.. just because a few fakes come out the woodwork, doesn't necessarily mean the rest are fake and this myth isn't real or more importantly significant to a certain extent on some level. Don't undermine alien tech or gifts from ancient ancestors.

Yes, good point!

FeralBrown

National Geographic are airing a doco (beginning 20/07) about the Crystal Skulls- dunno if it was made before these were deemed fake or not, though...
[url=http://natgeotv.com.au/Programmes/Main.aspx?Id=1152]Aus/NZ Premiere
Sunday July 20, 2008 at 8:30pmAEST/10:30pmNZ[/url]
Crystal Skulls
The ultimate story of lost civilisations and mysterious relics and the main storyline of the long-awaited 2008 film Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull – the crystal skulls are one of the most enduring treasure myths of all time. Now for the first time, we reveal the full story in this definitive documentary with new, cutting edge science and historical detective work shedding fresh light on this alluring legend.

Crystal Skulls Fuel Controversy, Fascination

By Richard A. Lovett and Scot Hoffman

Crystal skulls are not uncommon or terribly mysterious. Thousands are produced every year in Brazil, China, and Germany. But there are a handful of these rather macabre objects that have fueled intense interest and controversy among archaeologists, scientists, spiritualists, and museum officials for more than a century.

There are perhaps a dozen of these rare crystal skulls in private and public collections. Some are crystal clear, others of smoky or colored quartz. Some are actual human size and of very fine detail, while others are smaller and less refined. All are believed to originate from Mexico and Central America.

Many believe these skulls were carved thousands or even tens of thousands of years ago by an ancient Mesoamerican civilization. Others think they may be relics from the legendary island of Atlantis or proof that extraterrestrials visited the Aztec sometime before the Spanish conquest.

Supernatural Fascination

Stories about the skulls focus heavily on their perceived supernatural powers.

Joshua Shapiro, coauthor of Mysteries of the Crystal Skulls Revealed, on his Web site cites claims of healings and expanded psychic abilities from people who have been in the presence of such skulls.

"We believe the Crystal Skulls are a form of computer which are able to record energy and vibration that occur around them," he writes. " The skull will pictorially replay all events or images of the people who have come into contact with them (i.e. they contain the history of our world)."

Most archaeologists and scientists are skeptical, to say the least.

Skulls were prominent in ancient Mesoamerican artwork, particularly among the Aztec, so the connection between these artifacts and these civilizations is apt.

"t was a symbol of regeneration," says Michael Smith, a professor of anthropology at Arizona State University. "There were several Aztec gods that were represented by skulls, so they were probably invoking these gods. I don't think they were supposed to have specific powers or anything like that."

[i]All Fakes?

In addition, recent electron microscope analyses of skulls by the British Museum and the Smithsonian Institution revealed markings that could only have been made with modern carving implements. Both museums estimate that their skulls date to sometime in the mid- to late 1800s, a time when public interest in ancient cultures was high and museums were eager for pieces to display.

Its examinations and the fact that no such skull has ever been uncovered at an official archaeological excavation led the British Museum to extrapolate that all of the famed crystal skulls are likely fakes.

There is passion on both sides of the issue, and the fact remains that no one knows for sure who made these skulls and when. And since there is currently no way to accurately determine the age of such inorganic objects, the mystery will likely continue. In fact, it's sure to get a boost in 2008 with the release of the action-adventure sequel Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

ionized

Audio interview with David Hatcher Childress, crystal skulls researcher and all round intrepid dude for anyone who is curious about the history and research thats been done on them so far. :)

Explorer, author and publisher David Hatcher Childress joins us to discuss his upcoming book "The Crystal Skulls: Astonishing Portals to Man's Past". In the second hour we discuss the Mystery of the Easter Island. Topics Discussed: Co-author Stephen Mehler, The technology behind the creation of the skulls, Mitchell-Hedges Skull, Max Skull, Amethyst Skulls, Maya, Aztec, Zapatec, Mixtec, Olmecs, Archeology.org article "Legend of the Crystal Skulls", what is a "fake" crystal skull? When and where did the crystal skulls first surface?

http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2008/04apr/RICR-080424.php

bobret the hobret

I used to wonder about these skulls, now they've been shown to be fake its not so wonderful anymore. Sad really.

bobret the hobret wrote :
I used to wonder about these skulls, now they've been shown to be fake its not so wonderful anymore. Sad really.

Do you think Raja Ram will stop releasing V/A compilations based around this topic :lol:

SamuraiJack

Disinformation you idiot. If the total number of authentic ones is twelve or so...or exactly twelve, and there are hundreds if not thousands of fakes...duh uh duh and so on.

PsySleep

SamuraiJack wrote :

Disinformation you idiot. If the total number of authentic ones is twelve or so...or exactly twelve, and there are hundreds if not thousands of fakes...duh uh duh and so on.

hundreds and thousands?? unlikely mate. i bet they are fake anyway.

FeralBrown

PsySleep wrote :
SamuraiJack wrote :

Quite likely if "thousands are produced every year in Brazil, China, and Germany."

tract

Esoterica2000-III wrote :

lol :D

no.

SamuraiJack

FeralBrown wrote :
PsySleep wrote :
SamuraiJack wrote :

Quite likely if "thousands are produced every year in Brazil, China, and Germany."

See? This is one of many, many reasons I hardly ever post on here.

Not only are the majority of people on here fucked up, insane, on drugs, hippies and stupid, they can't even fucking read.

Fuck that shit.

tract

^^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I lol'd.

atmospsypherica

SamuraiJack wrote :
[..]

Not only are the majority of people on here fucked up, insane, on drugs, hippies and stupid, they can't even fucking read.

Fuck that shit.
I like playing the stupid roll- works really well in fucking with them. i don't touch the drugs , so it makes really good entertainment. Stupid = best drug going -free and no side effects. for fuck sakes it's the net - word's nothing more nothing less.

tract

atmospsypherica wrote :
SamuraiJack wrote :
[..]

Fuck that shit.
I like playing the stupid roll- works really well in fucking with them. i don't touch the drugs , so it makes really good entertainment. Stupid = best drug going -free and no side effects. for fuck sakes it's the net - word's nothing more nothing less.

No

You are just a bloody idiot.

atmospsypherica

tract wrote :
atmospsypherica wrote :
SamuraiJack wrote :
[..]

Fuck that shit.

No

You are just a bloody idiot.

:P I don't drink either, but I do drive.
obviously when you catch the same bus as some one else and you sit next to them. Nobody forces you to talk to them.
Being a bloody idiot is pretty easy thing to do on a forum. Knowing it and doing it for a reason to get enjoyment over it is like mutual masturbation. But the best thing is having the ability to make people strip for you. You might not understand this because you react to the obvious. Interesting thing that Raelians teach about the internet and how it's a valuable tool and how easy it can be used to manipulate. etc. But that's another story , a play my own principle with it. It's my own little game of chess. :twisted:

atmospsypherica wrote :
It's my own little game of chess. :twisted:

Maybe you should go back & start with tiddlewinks :arrow:
19 posts Page 1 of 1