Common sense

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
28 posts Page 1 of 2
The Journey Man Project

I think this is relevant as well as in everyday life as in context with the ILLEGAL even over the last weekend:

Common Sense - An Obituary by London Times

An Obituary printed in the London Times.

Interesting and sadly rather true.

'Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an Aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents Truth and Trust, his wife Discretion, his daughter Responsibility, his son Reason.

He is survived by his 4 step brothers;

I Know My Rights

I Want It Now

Someone Else Is To Blame

I'm A Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on.

If not, join the majority and do nothing.

phoney

The Journey Man Project

so what? you don;t understand my post? it's bassically saying that in our modern world common sense is dead and everyone is a retarded cunt. I completely agree, as most people, myself included, seem to be self absorbed fuckers who only what themeselves first the rest can go shove it... and this is what is causing the chaos and paanoia currently ruling global desire and fuelling seclusion and hatred of others... have you not noticed that many policies and actions coming out from many of the "ruling nation's aren't that far away fro what the likesof Hitler was saying early on in his career? and that many actions by the world's leaders are very fascist like...

not that we can change it but it is sad...

FRACAS

The Journey Man Project wrote :
retarded cunt. .

interesting use of language?? i thought "retarded" was deemed to be offensive....apparently only when used by others??

The Journey Man Project

nah seeing as it is ok in Tropic Thunder I take back what I said before... obiovusly ama bit of a retard myself :lol:

venatrix

What a load of modernist, white, masculine bullshit.

phoney

so what? you don;t understand my post?

Nah, I got it. I just couldn't be arsed writing a lengthy response and I was itching to use that picture somewhere. :)

I disagree with your post. Reads like a typical "PC gone mad" type of rant that talkback radio callers & today tonight watchers thrive on.

Yeah, of course there isnt nearly enough common sense being put into play just about wherever you look but to suggest thats it's some kind of new phenomenon is just retarded, as you put it. Do you honestly believe there was any more common sense 50 or 100 years ago, or even further back ? That people were smarter, used logic and reason and everything was just fine and dandy until this new generation came along ? Load of bollocks imo.
Last edited by phoney on Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

venatrix

phoney wrote :
I disagree with your post. Reads like a typical rant about PC. Yeah, of course there isnt nearly enough common sense being put into play just about wherever you look but to suggest thats it's some kind of new phenomenon is just retarded, as you put it. Do you honestly believe there was any more common sense 50 or 100 years ago, or even further back ? That people were smarter, used logic and reason and everything was just fine and dandy until this new generation came along ? Load of bollocks imo.

x2

itchytriggerniggerfingers

isn't all that common...

The Journey Man Project

if your did read it you would realise it was taken from a british news paper... not from me.

itchytriggerniggerfingers

if your did read it you would realise it was taken from a british news paper... not from me.

Oh.

tripn

venatrix wrote :

as opposed to postmodernist, black, feminine truth? :P

venatrix

tripn wrote :
venatrix wrote :

as opposed to postmodernist, black, feminine truth? :P

Actually yes.

noitnemretsim

Common sense is alive and well, I think it's common courtesy which is becoming extinct as the world as we know it becomes more about "me".

flurohero

common=average=mean=

low intellect,infirm,insecure people who are the best shoppers and that is what the economy needs to keep it flourishing like they tell you on the shit pump.millions of thick, small eyed ,obedient bogans sucking up fashion and consumer goods whilst at the same time blocking out all other forms of thought until they are approved by kerrie anne kennerly and breakfast advertorials .they buy what they are told and breed quite rapidly!watch out for their bogan-mobiles and battle-parambulators!

if you are indeed a little bit more cogitent than the "norm" you are probably right o be scared!although you may appreciate it more if you are a "kath+kim" fan!
good-luck!

herbsandspices

^^

Good to see you back.

Impious

Is common sense that which everyone knows or that which everyone should know? In the latter case I'd say that a good bit of common sense is that Christian truth is preposterous; unfortunately, however, there's a lot of ignorant retards out there...
Last edited by Impious on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

FeralBrown

I see dead people...

"common" sense is the bluntest of them all...

FeralBrown

Impious wrote :
Is common sense that which everyone knows or that which everyone should know? In the latter case I'd say that a good bit of common sense is that Christian truth is preposterous; unfortunately, however, there's a lot of ignorant retards out there...

interesting, I could've sworn you'd say that as soon as a religion comes to dominate, it has as its opponents all those who would have been its first disciples.

Where's your commonality now, bootch?

Impious

Only retards become religious.

FeralBrown

oh...

I'm sorry, I thought you considered yourself bright enough to see what I was getting at...

my bad...

venatrix

Impious wrote :
Only retards become religious.

Lolol was having a similar conversation just the other day. Let's just say the person I was talking too didn't take too kindly to my views.

Impious

FeralBrown wrote :
oh...

I'm sorry, I thought you considered yourself bright enough to see what I was getting at...

my bad...

Retard. I just cut to the chase.

FeralBrown

Sure...

with a massive dose of either dramatic irony or 'phrenia to boot!

It's that humorous point where the underground rolls over and has the vultures of society pick its belly clean.
That's what people do... That's COMMON sense... COMMON sense is not something a genuine Ubermensch would even consider discussing...

You wanna be special and unique, don't you?

spangk

Lateral thinking is rather useful though.
28 posts Page 1 of 2