The Semitic Task.

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
52 posts Page 2 of 3

tripn

^^ actually they are just humorous pictures. and clever ones at that. its good to be able to laugh at things like that even when they are at your expense. since pretty much every joke on the planet is at someones expense.

FeralBrown

tripn wrote :
^^ actually they are just humorous pictures. and clever ones at that. its good to be able to laugh at things like that even when they are at your expense. since pretty much every joke on the planet is at someones expense.

Sure... and I did, but it's pretty easy to discern the difference between a funny picture and the retarded intention, innit now?

lets check the boxes...
[X] bigotted
[X]anti-religious
[X]fuckwittery...

which part can't you see?

Impious

LOL. You make it sound like anti-religious is a bad thing.

FeralBrown

LOL... you make it sound like schizophrenic issues are a good thing!

and it's not really about the "anti-religious" bit so much as the "bigoted" bit...
but I'm sure you'll never really understand.

venatrix

Impious wrote :
LOL. You make it sound like anti-religious is a bad thing.

lol x2

Teejay

Aint it funny how rather than post each persons ideas of religion and god, then say things like:" Hmmm that's an interesting point, we are similar/not similar"
It straight away disintegrated into name calling and hill claiming!
"no mine is better, the dude walked on WATER... THINK about it" "No way mine is a rad alien with magic machines and multi level marketing!!" or "no mine is the only god and all others shall be destroyed and stoned to death!"
classic.

FeralBrown

Teejay wrote :
Aint it funny how rather than post each persons ideas of religion and god, then say things like:" Hmmm that's an interesting point, we are similar/not similar"

Yeah... I know... that's what used to make Australiens interesting and mildly stimulating...
Like WaapWoop said, this place has seriously gone downhill...

venatrix

boo hoo

ionized

FeralBrown wrote :
Teejay wrote :

Yeah... I know... that's what used to make Australiens interesting and mildly stimulating...
Like WaapWoop said, this place has seriously gone downhill...

You seem like an intelligent guy. Surely you must see the idiocy/humour in things like the catholic church, creationism or even just the concept of an external god that creates us all to be judged and then sent to hell on technicalities... which is mainly what they were poking fun at.

Or I dunno... maybe you believe in all those things, plenty of christians do.

Either way its funny as fuck to those who don't see these things as being sacred and beyond the realm of lulz.

So yeah, lighten up. Surely there's a passage in the bible about that?

FeralBrown

How many times...
It's not about the anti-religion , it's about the bigotry...
I can see the humor in most things, and do not hold things "sacred" in the way most people seem to assume, but I think you'll find that if you want intelligent discussion, and to actually crawl out of the little festering pool of conceptual incest you guys indulge in, all you have to do is drop the hypocritical, one-track charges of bigotry...

Have a look thru the fukn archives and you'll see what this place has degenerated into... I think the down-trend began 'roundabout mid '04, corresponding with the beginning of the ice-age... sad, really...

venatrix

Oh yeah let's just blame ice for everything. I didn't realise this was the daily fucking telegraph.

Crai crai crai

FeralBrown

There's a definite chronological correlation between people's attitude's towards intelligent, open-minded discussion and the use/abuse of ice- you're plain straight fukn delusional (or just weren't around) if you can't see that.
In case you haven't been into the archives, this is what it used to be like... still plenty of crazy, but at least it made for interesting discussion...
example

tripn

i think the forum went to shit when certain intelligent members stopped posting. that had nothing to do with ice.

Cyberwlf

Ice is the popular escape goat. Things started diminishing when the user base dropped as tripn mentioned, but also when it was left to be the playground/pissing ground of the perpetually bored and un-intellectually challenged, taking pot shots became common place at anyone not part of the running joke.

So the discussions themselves became the running joke, from there those who offered contradictory ideas when attempting constructive discussions were retort with derogatory comments/insults resulting in people not even bothering to try start anything constructive anymore most of the time, and thus we have what we do today. Congratulations!

FeralBrown

tripn wrote :
i think the forum went to shit when certain intelligent members stopped posting. that had nothing to do with ice.

If you talk to some of those "intelligent members" I think you'll find it was the crack-related fuckwittery and "mind/soul-loss" both on and offline that turned them off...
;)

anyway, no skin off my nose, I was merely trying to point out a quick'n'easy method of getting some intelligent and thought-provoking discussion back to these here parts (drop the constant bigotry and vindiction)...
"congratulations!" indeed...
:roll:

Dazd

Hi Feral Brown :)
Good to see you're posting like mad still ;)
Check ya PM's, i've been trying to contact you for ages.

Have a good one all!

FeralBrown

dunn>dusted!
;)

venatrix

FeralBrown wrote :
There's a definite chronological correlation between people's attitude's towards intelligent, open-minded discussion and the use/abuse of ice- you're plain straight fukn delusional (or just weren't around) if you can't see that.

No.

People who can't see that the most significant contributing factor to why things change is simply time are just looking for excuses, people to blame, scapegoats. Change happens because change happens. People change, our environment changes, our government changes, and the spiritual balance of the universe changes.

Just accept that a) this forum has changed over time and b) that discussion about religion is going to bring out a strongly conflicting and passionate response. It's possibly the most controversial topic in the world mate, if you expect us to all just hold hands and eat mung beans then you are the one who is experiencing a delusional state of being.

FeralBrown

I think you'll find that time was actually the factor I mentioned for change... y'know what "chronological correspondence" means?

venatrix wrote :

Just accept that a) this forum has changed over time and b) that discussion about religion is going to bring out a strongly conflicting and passionate response. It's possibly the most controversial topic in the world mate, if you expect us to all just hold hands and eat mung beans then you are the one who is experiencing a delusional state of being.

Yeah, ironic-super-duper-hypocritical-phail in bold, and point well-missed italicised.
Controversy is great- that's where interesting DISCUSSIONS tend to arise.

(Unless of course you like "prevailing" with a "lol x2" "fail" and all the other HILARIOUS AND INSIGHTFUL witicisms you seem to constantly spew forth...)

Me, I just wanna see something interesting and inspiring happen here.

Wake up!

venatrix

FeralBrown wrote :
Me, I just wanna see something interesting and inspiring happen here.

What the fuck do you think this is, a fucking buddist retreat? A hospital? An evangelical speaking in tongues session at the local holy house? It's a fucking psytrance forum! People talk about music, drugs, more drugs, and how killah parties are. Go read a fucking book and stop being a fuckwit.

FeralBrown

Oh... right... I forgot that this isn't the section of the forum where you "discuss" anything non-psy-related...
:roll:

Cyberwlf

All I ever see you do on here FeralBrown these days is deride and mock anyone with different opinions to you. You constantly whinge about conversations but are just as equally responsible for taking them off subject via your personal attacks. Try being a little more respectful and you might see that change you talk so dearly of.

FeralBrown

The only person I mock is Impious... I would've actually liked to discuss your little rant (think it was your 2nd post), which was a decent one (as was ionized'z's :lol: ) which is precisely where the frustration arose... it's just not fukn worth it when you know exactly what clever-dick brigade are gonna come up with (and when you can clearly see the blind irony and insecurity glaring thru)... it's old news, and hardly original or valid anymore- well, maybe in Bible-Belt Amerikkka, but that's it... honestly, I couldn't give a fuck what anyone believes and don't -by any means- think they should have to keep it to themselves, however there are intelligent means of discourse, and there's retarded ranting... even retarded ranting is cool, but keep it fresh, if you're gonna do it!

Anyway, if there was an admin, I'm sure this bitch'd be locked by now, so I guess I'll shaddap and watch the spiral go down faster without saying anymore!
PS- nice sig', Guy! Irony? :lol:

Cyberwlf

Heh. Touche! No, my point wasn't that you shouldn't voice what you believe, it's just that there can get a point where it can actually work against what you're to achieve, my point was I was saying you constantly having a go at people over it isn't achieving anything (is it? unless i'm wrong there).

The posts you're referring to are more due to the fact most people here don't care for anything with more depth, 2 minute instant beverage styled entertainment does it for them. So yeah, the forum lacks what it had, but bitching at those who choose the latter won't really achieve much.

I'd say a good discussion inspires others to contribute the same, you know, till forum antics / trolls kick in and it all goes on a tangent/off topic and drivels into shit :P But yeah, you need people interested in having that first for it to happen.

For me i've spent almost every day of the last few months visiting historical sites, museums, religious buildings and enjoying learning constantly as I go, adding to my existing knowledge/discovering new things, but also inspiring things like my mini rant earlier in the thread ;)

infinafta

Here's some intelligent, open-minded discussion for you, you fucking retards.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OUzvmJUNQSY
52 posts Page 2 of 3