The Rise of the Antichrist

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
198 posts Page 5 of 8
SamuraiJack

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Wade I know exactly how you feel, due to my age and situation, much worse, in fact, so don't tell me it has anything to do with religion.
Slog you guts out only to have some snotty nosed kid say "you look tired" or better yet "you look like you need a holiday" to which I will reply "congratulations"!
Read about Tesla, it will help numb the pain.
A brilliant man, but a dickhead none the less!
I have come to a point in my life when I have realised I will die alone, the only reason I can conclude is that the world is fucking Gay, and I will have to deal with the dissension it will bring.

Shut the fuck up knobwrench. Tesla wasn't a dickhead, YOU'RE a dickhead.

Now, shut up lolcock.
SamuraiJack

ATREYU wrote :
I see the "ego" as the antichrist.

That's because you're a bit dim.
SamuraiJack

FeralBrown wrote :
Scholars of the highest class, when they hear about the Tao,
earnestly carry it into practice. Scholars of the middle class, when
they have heard about it, seem now to keep it and now to lose it.
Scholars of the lowest class, when they have heard about it, laugh
greatly at it. If it were not (thus) laughed at, it would not be fit
to be the Tao.

Pretty much. Although I've always liked the simpler version.

"When appreciated by the masses, I have no value. When only the rare appreciate me, ah, then, truly I have succeeded."

I've certainly learnt the wisdom of that one.

Why waste time with lolcock morons when there are people actually willing to learn out there?

The problem with this place of course, is that every lolcock and knobwrench seems to think that they're the rare, when really, they're exactly the kind of dumbfuck idiot all the traditions worth anything say aren't worth bothering with.

Oh well.

Best of luck knobsplits!

Oh yes...you'd better hurry however. Not much time left and everything.
Pete_Paranoid

SamuraiJack wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Wade I know exactly how you feel, due to my age and situation, much worse, in fact, so don't tell me it has anything to do with religion.
Slog you guts out only to have some snotty nosed kid say "you look tired" or better yet "you look like you need a holiday" to which I will reply "congratulations"!
Read about Tesla, it will help numb the pain.
A brilliant man, but a dickhead none the less!
I have come to a point in my life when I have realised I will die alone, the only reason I can conclude is that the world is fucking Gay, and I will have to deal with the dissension it will bring.

Shut the fuck up knobwrench. Tesla wasn't a dickhead, YOU'RE a dickhead.

Now, shut up lolcock.

It's true, you have turned gay! :roll:
Marsoups

Wade would you be interested in coming up to Queensland to do a workshop on the powers of Jesus.
Am sure I can find a spot for you.... Would be good to help spread the word :)

Cheers,
Mars
Wade Shekinah

I'm a Catholic, mate.

If I went there I would end a giving a seminar on why all protestants, their erroneous sects, and their incomplete and mistranslated 'bibles' are in grave error. Then to top it off (if they haven't started to attack me yet) I'd give a beautiful discourse of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Queen of Heaven, the Mystical Rose, Seat of Wisdom, the Mediatrix of all Graces, the Immaculate Heart; and how it is through the intercession of the Immaculate Virgin Mary that one finds the surest and direct way to a transformative union with Lord Jesus Christ and the practice of Christian perfection; for she is the highest of all creatures of God. She is the Queen of Heaven & Earth, Queen of Angels, Queen of Apostles, Queen of Saints - the most holy virgin Mother of Jesus Christ.

In Genesis 3:15 (Douay-Rheims Bible) we read God's judgment against Lucifer for his part in Original Sin, as well as God's prophecy concerning him:

"I will put enmities between thee and the woman [Mary], and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel".

Hail Mary Full of Grace;
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen
Last edited by Wade Shekinah on Wed May 06, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
mrbadgerman

Wade Shekinah wrote :
I'm a Catholic, mate.

If I went there I would end a giving a seminar on why all protestants, their erroneous sects, and their incomplete and mistranslated 'bibles' are in grave error. Then to top it off (if they haven't started to attack me yet) I'd give a beautiful discourse of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Queen of Heaven, the Mystical Rose, Seat of Wisdom, the Mediatrix of all Graces, the Immaculate Heart; and how it is through the intercession Mary that one finds the surest and direct way to Lord Jesus Christ and the practice of Christian perfection.

Lol you are going to be so pissed off when you die. (Hmmm how shall i waste the entire time i have been given on Earth, I know lets be Christians)
SYNeR

Wade Shekinah wrote :
<insert the ramblings of an indoctrinated idiot>

If you want to try to refute the infallible perfect Word of GOD, why don't you read, say Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma, by Fr. Ludwig Ott, or the works of Fr. Garrigou Lagrange, or of A. Tanquerey, not to mention the Saints like Thomas Aquinas, OR READ THE WHOLE OF THE NEW TESTAMENT (DOUAY-RHEIMS EDITION) and try to find any contradiction, falsehood, or error. For all your profane anouncements are impotent and peurile and invalid, for you have no clue what you are saying, nor about what you are blaspheming against; before one can really debate something they ought to know what they are debating against.

The Lord trieth the just and the wicked: but he that loveth iniquity hateth his own soul (Psalms 10:6)

A deceitful tongue loveth not truth: and a slippery mouth worketh ruin.(Proverbs 26:28)

A hard heart shall fear evil at the last: and he that loveth danger shall perish in it (Ecclesiasticus 3:27)

Here's a start:

http://www.evilbible.com/

How you can believe an archaic book written by fallible men, most probably based on hearsay, and translated, edited, etc when passed down from generation to generation is beyond me.. Such stupidity.

I'd be more than happy to refute the bible on many accounts.
Or any supernatural deity without being tied to a religious denomination.
Oh boy.. where do I even start?

How can you believe the story of Adam & Eve when there is so much overwhelming evidence favouring evolution?

Also, wouldn't the reproduction of Adam & Eve result in an incestuous family that would encourage the generation by generation descent of bad genetics & hence homo sapiens would have gone extinct already?

Also, why would an omniscient, omnipotent God put two beings into a garden with a talking snake (hah), knowing that they would commit original sin? Did he just do this because he wanted to punish us and he likes fucking with us?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

We are the products of descent with modification. Nothing more. The main thing I dislike about this is that hyperactive agent detection used for survival purposes, combined with our evolved brains has allowed for the manifestation of stupid superstitious memes passed down from generation to generation that form the basis of religion.

Oh, and the fact that we are slaves to our genes which program us with biological imperatives which, in the end, are all ultimately for the purposes of survival and reproduction. The fear of mortality makes us come up with all sorts of crazy shit!
Last edited by SYNeR on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon

SamuraiJack wrote :
FeralBrown wrote :
Scholars of the highest class, when they hear about the Tao,
earnestly carry it into practice. Scholars of the middle class, when
they have heard about it, seem now to keep it and now to lose it.
Scholars of the lowest class, when they have heard about it, laugh
greatly at it. If it were not (thus) laughed at, it would not be fit
to be the Tao.

Pretty much. Although I've always liked the simpler version.

"When appreciated by the masses, I have no value. When only the rare appreciate me, ah, then, truly I have succeeded."

I've certainly learnt the wisdom of that one.

Why waste time with lolcock morons when there are people actually willing to learn out there?

The problem with this place of course, is that every lolcock and knobwrench seems to think that they're the rare, when really, they're exactly the kind of dumbfuck idiot all the traditions worth anything say aren't worth bothering with.

Oh well.

Best of luck knobsplits!

Oh yes...you'd better hurry however. Not much time left and everything.

wait, hold up; this is a learning forum? i was supposed to come here to read up on some subject, not to find out when the next party is on?! SHIT I am so failing the pop-quiz for this unit.

you know "they" say that the stupid people keep repeating an action or saying the same thing over and over hoping that just this time the reaction will be different.

you know "they" say that the stupid people keep repeating an action or saying the same thing over and over hoping that just this time the reaction will be different.

oh, sparkly stuff!!!
SYNeR

Wade Shekinah wrote :
I wont speak of the Eastern paths in this post. Too lengthy. But I will start a thread on this, for many of you will be keenly interested in what will be written. For I know many of you enjoy and adhere to their 'exultant' philosophies. I will do my best to honestly show you how they are subtle corruptions of God's Truth; truth intermingled with heresy (heresies I was entangled in for years), ingeniusly formulated and twisted into occult sciences. Without bombarding you with the True Path of real Christianity, I'll show philosophically why they are in grave error.

This is utter garbage.
How about the fact that quite a bit of Christianity is based on (plagiarised) pagan mythology?
And what empirical evidence do you have that makes you so sure that Christianity is the 'true path'?
Oh right, there is none. Stupidity knows no bounds when it comes to belief resulting from religious indoctrination.
Wade Shekinah

Read all this SYNeR if you are truly asking your questions because you actually want to know.
SYNeR wrote :
Wade Shekinah wrote :
The Lord trieth the just and the wicked: but he that loveth iniquity hateth his own soul (Psalms 10:6)

A deceitful tongue loveth not truth: and a slippery mouth worketh ruin.(Proverbs 26:28)

A hard heart shall fear evil at the last: and he that loveth danger shall perish in it (Ecclesiasticus 3:27)
Or any supernatural deity without being tied to a religious denomination.

The Holy Catholic Apostolic Church is not a religious denomination. It is the one and only true religion founded and established by God, not man. It is the only means of redemption, Sanctification and Salvation. All other religions and 'spiritual' paths are false, including all protestant sects. Most are doctrines of Lucifer, especially the Eastern mystical paths of self-glorification and trying to be as gods. Lord Jesus Christ is the only Incarnation; we are not incarnations, but creations. God has given us the Way, the Truth and the Life by becoming Man in Jesus Christ born of the Virgin Mary. And by His life, Death, Resurrection and glorious Ascension has made infinite atonement, reparation for the infinite offence of Adam, and had merited all graces for our sanctification.
How can you believe the story of Adam & Eve when there is so much overwhelming evidence favouring evolution?

The universe was created in a big-bang-like creation event around 13.7 billion years ago, it was created out of nothing, and has formed into the magnificent cosmos we know and love through cosmic evolution absolutely under the Divine Will and Intelligence of God, of His Providence. Creation is a gradual unfoldment. However Angels and Man were immediate creations, not products of evolution. If it wasn't for God's all permeating, all penetrating Providence of preservation, all quanta of force, sub-atomic particle, atom; therefore all worlds, all stars, all galaxies and space-time would instantly fall back into the nothingness from whence it came.
Also, wouldn't the reproduction of Adam & Eve result in an incestuous family that would encourage the generation by generation descent of bad genetics & hence homo sapiens would have gone extinct already?

No. Adam & Eve are our first parents. Their genetics and that of their future generations up to a certain point were not subject to what would occur now. You must realize they were very different kinds of people than what we see today; they were Chidren of God, and lived for hundreds of years; they were not the degenerate debased persons of later history. Yet it is because of their sin of pride, and their subsequent fall from grace that has passed on the gereration curse of Original Sin to all children of Adam - which is all mankind. And those who are unbaptised have this curse "Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God." (John 3, 5).

God had freely bestowed upon Adam & Eve original justice, which consisted of spiritual integrity (immortality of the body, and the perfect control of the senses), infused contemplation - giving them a superior intellect akin to the Angels, and He freely out of His Love created them with an absolute supernatural Gift of Sanctifying Grace - a share in the divine Life of God, which made it possible to merit a plentitude of actual graces and an eternal blessed destiny in the Heaven of the Divine Trinity (in the Beatific Vision) in unutterable Bliss, Love, Illumination and Glory. Adam & Eve were created and given these supernatural gifts not just for them, but were to pass them on to all their descendents - the whole human race. Adam received original justice - the original blessed state, not as an individual person, but as the head of the human race. Original justice was intended to be hereditary justice.

Also, why would an omniscient, omnipotent God put two beings into a garden with a talking snake (hah), knowing that they would commit original sin? Did he just do this because he wanted to punish us and he likes fucking with us?

This is like a question coming from a year four student. God formed Adam whole and entire from the immaculate earth (from the elements of the universe) before sin had entered physical creation. Lucifer and his rebellious apostate angels had been banished from heaven (due to the evil sin of pride), conquered by Archangel Michael and the heavenly legion of blessed Angels and was thrown down to earth. And since God withdrew His freely unmerited virtues, graces and gifts from Lucifer and the fallen angels they become demonic and evil.

Before the fall of a third of the host of Heaven Lucifer and all the billions of holy Angels were tested, a test of fidelity and humility to their Creator; they were shown an image of the Incarnation of the Word of God, the Divine Logos made flesh, an image akin to the glorious beingness of Christ the King in His resplendent Divine Glory. The Angels were commanded that they will administer unto Him, serve and adore Him, for He is the Lord andKing of all creation. And some theologians beleive they were also shown an image of the Immacultate Virgin Mother Mary, who would be their Queen and sovereign, elevated by God higher than even the Seraphim (Lucifer being the highest of the Seraphim), and so Lucifer - the first angelic spirit, the first creature created by GOD, the paragon of the Angelic Host, who was so bestowed with superior intelligence, power, virtue and beauty, that he contemplated his own majesty as his own and considered himselfsuperior and independent, wholly complete unto himself rebelled and in his pride and self-love considered it bellow him to serve and love a being formed out of matter (the Angels are pure immortal spirits) and spirit. Even though he knew that it was the inarnation of God made manifest. He considered himself a god, and that all entities should fall to their knees before him. He desired to be like unto God, though in Truth he was infinitely below God, and but a mere creature compared to the Creator. Multitudes of the othe Angels of the various 9 choirs rebelled with him, and chose the eternal NO to the divine commandments of their Creator and Sovereign Good. And there was the angelic battle of the Lord in heaven "... and they prevailed not, neither was their place found any more in heaven. And that great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, who is the devil and Satan, who seduceth the whole world; and he was cast unto the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him"(Apoc. 12:8-9)

Out of envy for Adams & Eve blessed state and heavenly destiny, he saught to tempt them to sin. God permitted this, for God did test the fidelity of His Angels. It was not a bloody snake. Lucifer took the form of a beautiful serpent-like creature, and seduced Eve into partaking of the forbidden fruit fro the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. He said to her "Surely you will not die, but know good and evil and be like the Most High". In other words, you will be a goddess and Adam a god, you will know all truth and can thus do away with God's laws and commandments, for you will be like unto Him, and do what thou wilt.

She ate some of the fruit, and then gave it to Adam. He knew what it was, and like Eve was against doing so. For Adam full well knew the prohibition and the consequence. Yet he looked upon the innocent face of his beautiful wife and friend, and so eventually adhered to the sugestions of the creature not the perfect divine wisdom of the Creator, his Sovereign Good.

According to the spiritual visions of blessed Ann Catherine Emmerich, in Paridise Adam & Eve were free of all concupiscence of the flesh, they lived contemplative lives of meditation and profound knowing and adoration of God, nothing vague about it. The depth of their wisdom, grace and virtue was greater than any of the Saints who have inhabited the earth since. They were fully formed in their adult forms, immortal, radiant and wise. They did not have to eat to live (for they were immortal), they ate because the fruits in Paridise contained mysteries of creation, and deep knowledge. Adam & Eve had luminous minds and since they were formed from the very same sinless earth thaey had a profound knowledge and connection with the rest of creation. They could partake of all the various fruits of knowledge in the paradisiacal garden of splendours, but NOT from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. The creatures in the garden were much diiferent from the creatures we know, and there was a profound harmony. There was no fear. Adam & Eve communicated in a type of thought transference/telepathy. Adam was mostly absorbed in contemplation of God the Divine Trinity. Eve was touch more curious of the wonders of God's creation, and sought to enquire into its secrets. Lucifer knew he would have no chance with Adam, so he (in his cunning and subtlety) contrived a way to seduce Eve into breaking God's prohibition. He took the form of a serpent, unlike all the other creatures in the Garden, and who's knowledge and manerisms facinated her. And so it happened....

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?

Evil only existed as potentiality. Since God had created both Angels and Man with free will He does not interfere with this great gift of liberality. But this gift comes with great responsibilty. All thoughts, spoken words and action have consequences. So I will reiterate a few paragraphs I had written for here earlier.

God conferred preternatural gifts on Adam and Eve; relative supernatural gifts, which were and are beyond the powers and actual needs of their created nature. In other words free supernatural gifts not inherrent in human nature. For example infused knowledge, which is beyond the natural capacity of Man, but not of Angels, was given to our first parents. If then it is granted to Man it is supernatural in regard to our inherrent natural nature; it is natural to Angels, but not to Man. So it is a free supernatural gift from God.

Adam was created and infused with:

The preternatural Gift of Integrity (Original Justice) - which comprises of three great priviledges, which without altering human nature in its essence, gave man a perfection to which he had no title (a free gift). These are: infused knowledge, control of the passions, and immotality of the body.

* Infused Science: Our nature does not require it, since it is the priviledge of Angels. Man left to his own resources can aquire knowledge only gradually and painfully, and in subjection to certain psychological laws. In order to fit Adam for his role of first father and educator of the human race God granted him infused knowledge and all the truths he needed to know, and a ability, or facility, for the aquisition of experimental knowledge. In a sense Man approached the likeness of Angels.

* Control Of The Passions, that is, exemption from the sway of concupiscence which renders so difficult the practice of virtue. There takes place in man a terrible struggle between the sincere desire for what is good, on one side, and a reckless lust for pleasure and sensible goods on the other, to say nothing of a marked proneness to pride. To counteract this natural drawback God endowed our first parents with a certain control of the passions, which made easy the practice of virtue. The tyranny of concupiscence that so vigorously pushes on to evil did not exist in Adam (& Eve); there was simply a certain tendency toward pleasure but in due subordination to reason. Because his will was subjected to God, his lower faculties were in turn subservient to reason; his body to his soul. This was order, or perfect rectitude.

*Immortality Of The Body: By nature man is subject to sickness and death. In order that his soul could attend unencumbered to higher duties, a special disposition of Providence preserved him from this double infirmity.

These three priviledges were designed to fit man better for the reception and the use of a Gift still more precious, a gift absolutely supernatural - Sanctifying Grace.

The Supernatural Priviledges Conferred on Adam:

* By nature Man is a creature and servent of GOD; His property. In God's infinite Goodness He willed to incorporate us into His family. He made man His heir-apparent when He reserved for him a place in His Kingdom. For this free bounty man will never be able to thank God adequately.

In order that this adoption might not remain a mere formality, He gave him a share in His Divine Life - sanctifying grace. It enables man here on Earth to enjoy the light of the virtue of faith (a light far greater than that of reason), and in Heaven, to possess God by the Beatific Vision and with love corresponding to the clearness of that Vision (that of looking upon, being united, and adoring God face to face).

*This Sanctifying Grace perfected and deified, so to speak, the very substance of Adam's soul. To it were added the infused virtues and the gifts of the Holy Ghost, which in turn deified, or divinized, his faculties. Lastly actual grace came to set in motion all this supernatural organism enabling man to elicit supernatural acts - Godlike acts, meriting eternal life.

All these prerogatives, with the exception of infused knowledge, were given to Adam, not as a personal gift, but as a family possession - a patrimony to be handed down to his heirs should he abide faithful to GOD.

THE FALL AND ITS CONSEQUENCES

*In spite of these priviledges man remained free, and in order to merit Heaven he was put to the test. This test consisted in the fulfillment of divine law. Genesis expresses it in the form of a prohibition which forbade eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Holy Scripture narrates how the Devil (Lucifer) in the guise of a serpent came to tempt our first parents by raising a doubt in their minds as to the legitimacy of this ban. He tried to persuade them that if they ate the forbidden fruit, far from dying, they would become like gods, since they would themselves know what is good and what is evil, without need of recource to the law of GOD: "You shall be as Gods, knowing good and evil". This was a temptation to pride, to revolt against GOD. Man fell and committed a formal act of disobedience (this with the original justice and spiritual integrity noted above), and after the fall soon followed further delinquencies. It was a refusal to submit to their Creator's Divine Authority, therefore a most grievous fault. The prohibition being an instrument to test the fidelity of the first man; this refusal amounted to a negation of God's wisdom and His sovereign dominion. The violation was even more grave since our first parents had full knowledge of God's generosity, or liberality, towards them, of His inalienable rights, of the importance of a precept carrying such a sanction, and since they were in no wise swept way by passion (as noted above), having had ample time to weigh the frightful consequences of their act.

You might ask, how could they sin at all, since they weren't under the sway of concupiscence. This we understand if we realize that no creature having a will of its own is impeccable. Free will gives it the power of turning away from real good towards what is apparent good. It implies the power of holding to the latter, preferring it to the former. This very choice is what constitutes sin.

*The personal sanction visited upon them is described in Genesis. Here again God's goodness is to the fore. He could have punished them with death - annihilated them. His mercy halted Him. He merely left them shorn of those special (freely given) priviledges with which He had vested them, that is, stripped of the gifts of integrity and of sanctifying grace. He did not touch their nature or the prerogatives flowing therefrom. God even condescended to leave our first parents in possession of faith and hope, and gave their forlorn souls the hopeful assurence and promise of a Redeemer - their own offspring, who would one day vanquish the Devil, conquer death, and re-instate fallen humanity. By His actual grace at the same time He invited them to repentence, and as soon as they repented with deep contrition, He granted them pardon of their sin.

But what will the condition of their descendants be? The answer is that mankind will be likewise be deprived of original justice, that is to say, of sanctifying grace and the gift of integrity. Those endowments, free gifts in every sense, a patrimony, so to speak, were (originally) to be handed to their heirs should Adam and Eve prove to be faithful. This being unfulfilled, man comes into the world deprived of original justice. When through penance our first parents regained grace, it is no longer a heritage for their posterity, but solely as a personal possession. To the new Adam, Jesus Christ, who would in time become the head of mankind, was reserved the expiation of our faults and the institution of a sacrament of regeneration to transmit to each baptized person the sanctifying grace forfeited in Paradise.

Each has to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit to be washed of the generational curse of original sin, and (if Baptized later in life) will be cleansed also of actual sin, to be able to be blessed with sanctifying grace - the life of God in the soul - to be able to enter Paradise and eternal life.

Since man had fallen and had lost the virtues and sanctifying grace he could not perform any supernatural grace, therfore cannot merit any graces. Man could therefore not make reparation or atonement for his sin. And if the gravity of the offence is measured by the dignity and majesty of the one offended, then we realize that God's majesty and supreme dignity is infinite, therefore He is infinitely offended. Thus to make atonement and reparation for our mortal sins God Himself (the Word of God - the second Person of the Blessed Trinity) had to incarnate, and suffer and die for our sins, thus making infinite atonement and infinite homage and adoration to the Father; meriting our redemption by His Precious Blood.

The reason why there is such evil manifest in the world, such as war, abortion, rape, deceit, reckless sensuality, greed, starvation and despair, is because people have forsaken their own very GOD - their own Creator, who is our very source of being, and our Sovereign Good. People have willfully chosen darkness, evil, and falshood - rejecting the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Human beings, instead of choosing the Way of perfection and Life, by co-operating with GOD's Grace, have elected the way of sin, rebellion, selfishness, corruption and death. Without GOD's grace we can do nothing but manifest evil. DO YOU KNOW WHAT EVIL IS? It is a lack; it is being devoid of something essential for the goodness of being; it is something or someone defective of grace. Thus, all self-conscious beings with free-will whom lack God's grace-light can only grope in the darkness, and commit grave error. Hence the fallen angels (demons and devils) have only their angelic nature with NO grace, NO virtue, and NO gifts of the Holy Spirit - they can only do evil; they can only manifest diabolical godless acts devoid of all good, so evil that all life recoils from them; they are the accursed, they are the enemy of all that is of life, goodness, beauty.

And likewise we, since we, as a race and as individuals, have fallen from grace can only function on the 'naturally' human, largely devoid of grace-light (not entirely or we would be extinct). Since we lack God's actual grace and virtues we manifest acts of APPARENT good, purely with our own insentives that end up causing many grave problems for the planet, for our health and well-being, and for each other as families and communities. Humanity has degenerated itself into a defective race of animalistic beings, yet worse than the animals. We have, in our rebellion of God's immutable, perfect, harmonious Laws, tried to establish our own 'kingdom', as a race independent of its Creator; and thus have become egocentric, self-serving, lustful, greedy, deceitful, fear-based, corrupted 'humanity' we all know too well.
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?

[color=#FFFF00] If man in his obstinate infedelity chooses to commit moral evil, then God mostly does not prevent it. For then we would not be free. This one life determines each persons eternal destiny. We have all we need to become Saints - Children of God, redeemed, sanctified and saved through the infinite merits of our Lord Jesus Christ, through His Church - the Holy Catholic (universal) Church. We need to correspond and cooperate with God's grace and divine commandments to attain unto Eternal Life in union with God in the Beatific Vision. God's Laws are absolutely perfect and are most worthy.

Then he is malevolent.

God is Absolute, Eternal, Infinite, Transcendent, Truth, Love, Bliss and is infinite in all His perfections and Majesty. There is no iniquity in God, nor can there be. He is immutable, perfect, and wholly Good. It is impossible for God to commit error or evil. For He is Truth, Knowledge, and Divine Grace-Light Itself. He is omniscient in the infinity of His omnipresence. And is infinitely worthy of being loved by his creatures. The whole purpose of the universe is to give glory unto God. And in God's beautiful Love he has created self-conscious immortal beings to share in His Truth, Love, Bliss, and Glory.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?

God could withdraw His Providence from all creation, thus returning it into the nothingness from wence it came. Yet in His Love and perfect Wisdom would not. For God is eternal Charity, Grace and Justice.
Is he neither able nor willing?

Why would God renig on his creation? Then it would demonstrate that God errored or is imperfect. Which is impossible. For God is infinitely perfect in all His perfections. Just because your darkened unclean temple cant fathom the mysteries of God does not mean that it isn't so, or isn't perfect. Man has willfully created his own darkness and mess. And if he doesn't return unto his Sovereign Good, corresponding to God's grace, providence and commandments, thus dying in a state of original sin and mortal sin will be condemned eternally in the everlasting torments and despair of Hell. Not God's doing; man condemns himself. And it is only through the infinite merits of the Precious Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ does he find pardon and forgiveness. And receiving our Lord in Holy Communion of the Holy Mass instituted at the Last Supper. "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me."(John 14:6)
Oh, and the fact that we are slaves to our genes which program us with biological imperatives which, in the end, are all ultimately for the purposes of survival and reproduction. The fear of mortality makes us come up with all sorts of crazy shit!

Our gentic inheritance comes to us all the way fro Adam & Eve. And after generation of eating poisonous toxic foods and living in sin man had degenerated himself and caused all the mutations to what was excellent to begin with. This being said, geneticly inherited defects and diseases are only probabilities that they will actualize; we are not utterly enslaved to our genetics. One can live a preventative life, eating the pure foods and substances that God has created, and living a holy life of purity, innocence, intelligence, love, and intent of truth and goodness, thus enhancing and healing genetic mutations, so as to pass on better dna to our children. And if they do likewise, and their progeny do likewise, we can see that humanity could advance in strength, youth, vitality, intelligence and harmony, but we do not see this. For man now is living a Godless life of total sensuality, sense venom, sin, and corruption of all good things created for us.
Last edited by Wade Shekinah on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
venatrix

Well guys we have an amazing now breakthrough. Wade's strict archaic opining is sure proof that time travel is possible and that Wade obviously fell through a wormhole somewhere in Rome in 300BC and ended up in Sydney 2009. PS this is, of course, not due to science, but to his holy sacred blessed eternal loving kind special school friend in the clouds.
SYNeR

All I'm hearing (reading, rather) is someone spewing forth ridiculous religious dogma.
After spending *many* hours debating religious believers (Creationists in particular.. oh the lulz), I've realised they're pretty much a lost cause. They are all the same. Unable to take off their blinders & do anything but spew forth scripture claiming it as infallible. What a fucking joke. I've never seen people so desperately cling to a belief system in the face of both scientific knowledge and philosophical discourse.

"The universe was created in a big-bang-like creation event around 13.7 billion years ago, it was created out of nothing, and has formed into the magnificent cosmos we know and love through cosmic evolution absolutely under the Divine Will and Intelligence of God... blah blah etc"

False. The big bang theory does not state that the universe came from nothing. In fact, the whole "why something rather than nothing" argument is very fallacious. As Victor Stenger, a renowned physicist, has noted, something is actually a more stable & natural state of affairs than nothing:

http://www.csicop.org/sb/2006-06/reality-check.html

The Cosmological Argument is absolute BS. How about.. "Why God rather than nothing?"
If you actually had even a very simplistic grasp on the big bang theory, you'd see that God doesn't necessitate causation of the big bang. Fallacy of composition.

"Man has willfully created his own darkness and mess. And if he doesn't return unto his Sovereign Good, corresponding to God's grace, providence and commandments, thus dying in a state of original sin and mortal sin will be condemned eternally in the everlasting torments and despair of Hell. Not God's doing; man condemns himself."

Circular reasoning. God created man with free will, and an omniscient God would have KNOWN what man was going to do with this free will (the idea of an omniscient God and free will is a paradox within itself) -- thus God KNEW we were going to fuck up. Why would such a God give us the free will to sin? Was it just because he is a sadomasochist and wanted to punish us? Either we have actual free will & God isn't omniscient, or he is omniscient & free will is just a deterministic illusion that allowed God to punish us for what he knew was inevitable. It kind of reminds me of a cruel child burning ants with a magnifying glass although on a much more grand scale.
If God wanted us to be all loving and sin-free, why didn't he create us with the sort of free will that would permit all acts besides those of a horrific nature?

It's nothing more than brainwashing to be led to believe that we're all miserable sinners, in debt to God for sacrificing his earth incarnate Jesus to 'redeem' us. There's no fucking way I'd happily be a part of such a celestial dictatorship if it were true.

"Just because your darkened unclean temple cant fathom the mysteries of God does not mean that it isn't so, or isn't perfect. Man has willfully created his own darkness and mess"

So you think innocent children dying from disease, being raped/tortured/killed/etc isn't so bad because you can just brush it off & claim that it's part of some incomprehensible God's plan or that such children were *born* sinners? Your morality disgusts me. Shame on you. Faith based 'objective' morality is a slippery slope that allows God and his believers all sorts of stupid exemptions due to its very unfalsifiable nature. How about sticking to naturalistic explanations & a collective morality that has been agreed on over many years of discourse?

If such a morality didn't exist in the first place independent of religious belief, then I'm sure we would've gone extinct as a species already.

I'm still waiting for your proof of God's existence. The burden of proof lies with the believers.. Or should I just go ahead and say that faith lacking evidence is irrational, unreasonable & plain stupid?

Your whole post (well, all your posts, actually) is nothing more than a bare assertion fallacy.
I'll take you seriously if/when you provide reasonable evidence (which kind of contradicts the definition of 'faith' to begin with.. again.. lost cause).
synthz

You talk about being free wade, but you live by a set of 10 commandments, saying you have to ;ive a certain way, or burn forever in hell. It's just people saying, our way is better, do it this way. The thing is, they found a way 2000 years ago to make you do as they wanted without your knowledge. The idea of living forever in agony in hell scares people, so they live like you say, by the 10 commandments. All the bad things in life are just as much part of humanity as the good. Stop blaming it on a snake in a magical garden and just make an effort everyday to do good things. That's all thats really needed.

Heaven is meant to be a place where nothing bad happens and you live forever yeah? If bad things didnt happen to you in life, you wouldnt enjoy the good things, eternal life would be meaningless if youre bored shitless all the time.

The Angels were commanded that they will administer unto Him, serve and adore Him

The idea of men being created in gods image, is so like men it's not funny. Any god/king/leader that demands worship is not worthy of it.
psyllium

Somewhat unrelated, but funny:

Wade Shekinah

synthz wrote :
You talk about being free wade,

Only God is Free. We are God's creatures; God's property. We are created to worship God, to give glory to and adore God, to know and love God, and share and reflect His divine perfections. And rightly so, for God is infinitely worthy of being loved, adored and known. Free will is the freedom to cooperate with God's grace. As St. Paul says in 1 Cor. 15:10 "By the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace towards me has not been void, but I have laboured more abundantly than they. Yet not I but the grace of God with me". And as St. Augustine points out: Justification is not only a work of grace, but at the same time a work of free will. "He who created thee without thy help does not justify thee without thy help. His mercy comes before us in everything. But to assent or dissent from the call of God is a matter of one's own will".

I have spent the last 12 years questing on for self-knowledge, and to know from wence I came. I have saught for the reality, the substratum of all being; the very Essence or Life of all life. I spent 10 years fully delving into yoga (Raja, Jnana), the vedanta, upanishads, zen, Buddhism, plus other occult philosophies. And I also studied many books on cosmology, astrophysics and other sciences. In all this time the only thing I attained was delusions of grandeur, 'spiritual' and intellectual pride, self-love, arrogance, self-conceit, and even a little megalomania, for want of a better word. I was exulting myself, adoring myself in 'my own' excellence, and high ideals. Well God truly humbles the proud; He knows how to crush one's false 'high-horse'.

When you look far into the Eastern paths you see they are all at variance. They differ in fundamental roots. One then tends to take the threads of what seems to be truth and weaves them into his own tapestry of concepts, and configurations of thought. At the same time it is easy to infer that in many instances the different schools of spiritual philosophy are describing the same thing but use different symbology, metaphors and thought experiments, but convey the same principles. However when you really look deep and find the fundamental incongruences, and different root principals, you then see how each one of these fundamental differences alters the meaning and purpose of the principals you thought were the same; the heart centre of each esoteric school colours the peripheral concepts of its own system.

A lot of aspirants stick to one path, one school, and to them they convince themselves that this is it for them. This will lead them unto complete satisfaction, enlightenment, bliss, illumination, kensho, satori, zen, mukti, nirvikalpa samadhi, freedom, etc, etc. BUT the fact that each schools claims the same end, and claims to be the Way, one then begins to erroneously believe that they are all true, and all paths are just different ways to the same mountain top, or to the same edge of the abyss of the infinite. So many aspirants, so many paths. Or the one becomes confused about which one to choose, and then begins to doubt the validity of them all and settle for erroneous opinions of modern psychology and thinks that it is just humans trying to escape their own death; their own mundane existence; there own randomness. "What ever works for you", "Each to his own", blah, blah...

Most of these paths are not constructs of man, but systems of enslavement to a diabolical sentence of spiritual destruction given unto man by Lucifer and his empire of darkness. All the East is naught but pagan idolatry; either making one's self his own god, or worshipping a panthean of strange gods, who are none other than the unclean blaspherean spirits of darkness - the fallen angels. Who appear unto man as seductive luminous beings, or 'beautiful' mysterious other worldly deities, yet in truth, they are the enemy of man, evil spirits.

One CANNOT save oneself, for we have none of our own grace-light; we CANNOT merit our sanctification and salvation. Nor can mankind find pardon, forgiveness, purity, hope, grace, faith, happiness, perfection, or eternal life by himself, or through any other path, other than the Way, the Truth, and the Life, through the infinite merits of our Lord Jesus Christ, who suffered, and died for us in complete self-immolation meriting our redemption and salvation.

One needs to learn the Faith, go unto Holy Baptism to be born again in Christ, thus becoming a member of the Mystical Body of Christ - the Catholic Church, washed spotless in Christ, a reclaiming of innocence, purity and justification. This supernatural experience infuses into the soul Faith, Hope, Charity, knowledge, understanding, wisdom, fortitude, temperence, council, prudence, and most important of all Sanctifying Grace; a share in the divine Life of God. Holy Baptism and Confirmation puts an indeliable mark on ones's soul; giving the person dignity and a share in the divine Life. Then one must conquer one's predominant tendencies of their old self and habits, renouncing all sin, rejecting the Devil, practice Christian perfection, live a holy sanctified life, practice virtue and prayer by corresponding with God's grace and divine providence, and fulfill their Baptismal promises as children of the Resurrection, as children of God. If many so called Catholic Christian don't learn the Faith, don't strive after Christian perfection, and live a lax, tepid, lukewarm life that is their own fault and weakness, and these sorry excuses for Chriatians do not represent the Church, nor is Doctrines and supreme Teachings. Do not be scandalized by superficial appearences of these persons. Read the lives of the Saints and do likewise, then you will know by experience, you will know and love the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can cause me to doubt, because I have experience, reasoning and understanding of these Truths. (Deo gratias)

I made more spiritual progress in one night - the Saturday night Easter Vigil - the night of my Holy Baptism, Confirmation and Communion in God, than I did in 10 years of practicing the Eastern mystical (occult) ways. And since then I could not of dreamed or imagined how deep my experience with God could be; it is perpetual spiritual growth intimacy and friendship with God, deeper and deeper into the sublime truths and levels of sanctity. God's grace is the most supremely beautiful gift. Where one can be moved to shedding tears of love and gratitude in sweet holy interior experience, with profound peace, hope and security in one's soul. When one is free of original sin and actual mortal sin you can meditate within, in peace, in a state of sanctifying grace, with no fear at all, where death looses all its sting. One can examine their conscience and find your self free of any corruption, fear, shame, guilt, no doubt, no regret, just harmony, peace, quiet contentment, security, with a gentle love for God that only increases the more one seeks a deeper union and intimacy with the divine presence of God within. It is beautiful, it is true, it is life. Of course this life is a warfare, with temptations, trials and crosses to bear, but all these lead to greater discipline, love, grace and merit. Thy Will be done O Lord in and through me

If bad things didnt happen to you in life, you wouldnt enjoy the good things, eternal life would be meaningless if youre bored shitless all the time.

This statement is a load of nonsense; love, peace, and happiness are not opposites to hate, discord, and misery, where once one isn't sad they are happy, so we need sadness to be able to experience happiness. Love, peace and happiness are not like when one is sick, then they are later at ease again and appreciate being at ease because they are no longer diseased. Real love, peace, harmony, joy, goodness and grace are the movements and experiences of virtues and gifts of God.

When I experience the good things in my soul (Deo gratias) it has no relation to evil experiences or sufferings. When one gives one's self to God, in generous colloquoy, prayer and contemplation, God dwells more and more extraordinarily within the person, what I mean by this is, the Holy Spirit finds more of the person to use to manifest it's heavenly graces, the person becomes more open and sensitive to the movements of God's grace-light. The more pure, humble and devout the person becomes the more God manifests Himself in extraordinary ways in the persons interior life, which then shows through the outer. The more one knows of the sacred truth in Theology, Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition the more God has to use in you to teach you much more integral profound knowledge. And the more one consecrates him/herself to God in holy abandonment, faith and wisdom the more the person is formed into a Saint. Which is exactly how God intends all his children to be. The more we surrender and love God, and respond to the divine things spoken by the silent divine voice of the Holy Spirit the more deeper and subtle truths are made known to us, and the more we gain spiritual integrity and sanctity; thus becoming beings of God, beings of grace-light and Truth.

The only Way is to imitate and correspond our life on the perfect Model, the perfect Example - by imitating Jesus Christ - True God and True Man - the full deposit of Truth. In Christ and His life revealed to us in His Holy Church one can keep unpacking divine knowledge, wisdom, and the deepest mysteries forever. The Saints are the best example of what occurs to one's interior and outward life the more one practices heroic virtue and imitates Our Lord more fully by giving all of one's self over to God, in love, and holy abandonment to divine providence and grace.

There are many thousands of canonised Saints; Saints far exceeding the obscure testimonies of Eastern Avadhutas, Sadhaks, Paramahansas, Siddhas, Gurus and Rinpoches who do naught but manifest powers, visions and strange ecstasies transferred into them from evil spirits. Many of these so called masters are perfectly possessed, and thus manifest many false miracles, thus gaining many followers, adherents and disciples. Beware of false prophets. The difference between a Saint and an occultist, is that it is the Holy Spirit that doeth the work in the Saint, and the Saint gives all glory to God and is truly humble, in the midst of extraordiary miracles, etc. There are many Saints who have risen people from the dead, cured 'incurable' diseases, healed the infirm, plus so many great manifestations by the power of Almighty God too numerous to possible convey; all in the Name of Lord Jesus Christ. And many who after their own death their bodies have remained incorruptible for over 200 years. Plus many Catholics and non-Catholics have had miraculous healings and other miracles through praying for their intercession, or simply from coming into contact with relics of a Saints body. Many Saints were tortured by hethen pagan rulers where some were burnt alive but remained unburt, some immersed in hot tar or even had molten lead poured down their throats but remained completely at ease, filled with the power of their Heavenly Beloved. Some lived for over 40 years just on the Eucharist once a day (the consecrated Communion Host , that has become the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinty of Christ), which is no bigger than a 20 cent peace of flat unleavened bread

The idea of men being created in gods image, is so like men it's not funny. Any god/king/leader that demands worship is not worthy of it.

Here again is a very dullard apprehension. God is not anthropomorphic. God does not have form. God is infinite, absolute, transcendent, eternal, immutable, ineffable, eternal divine Spirit. God has never not been. It is a spiritual image and likeness, and DOES NOT refer to our image, but our true spiritual nature; the spiritual nature of Adam & Eve before the fall, the spiritual nature of the the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Saints in Heaven. The ability to know Truth, to Love, to will, to experience bliss, to adore God in divine worship, and to freely do an all-but infinite variety of good works is the image. The likeness is sharing in the divine life of God - having Sanctifying Grace freely given by God.

You guys and girls have no clue what you are rebelling against. If you had but the faintest idea you would realize the complete madness of rejecting your Sovereign Good, the Truth that will set you free, your infinitely perfect Creator; the very Truth that will give you fulfillment, peace, happiness, and love, and eventually eternal life in Heaven, where not in dim mysteries like in this world of ours, but you will be in union with God, in total interior and outer illumination, love, bliss, beauty and happiness, for you will possess God and total satisfaction/contentment forever
synthz

heh, I like it when he says we have no clue :D
MeowTron

fuck, you're completely insane wade.
beatpyramid

MeowTron wrote :
fuck, you're completely insane wade.

AHAHAHA thank you!

someone who agrees with me!
itchytriggerniggerfingers

Wade Shekinah wrote :
God is not anthropomorphic. God does not have form. God is infinite, absolute, transcendent, eternal, immutable, ineffable, eternal divine Spirit.

Maybe, but my god has a bigger dick than your god :smasha:
treedreamer

does that mean: if i was a virgin, and, i had a baby without sex, then, i could be the blessed virgin mother of all hotness divine?

oh well, dreams are free.

but a virgin female could get artificially inseminated by an angel!

oh wait, that wouldn't even work. sigh.

wade, if you really believe, then you don't actually have to persuade anyone.

mostly SJ is right, but why is he so cross?

ego as antichrist? are we all the antichrist then?
if so, i have totally been wasting my time trying to be good when all we are is evil. there is not one human without ego. it is impossible.

all is idolatry

btw, pp - i have a sense of humour. you just don't get it.
Pete_Paranoid

SYNeR

Wade,

Again your whole post reeks of bare assertions.
Like most indoctrinated idiots, you prematurely arrive at a conclusion
then try to find 'facts' (or distortions & lies, and often just making shit up by relying on the unfalsifiability of faith) to support your truth claims.

Wade Shekinah wrote :
I have spent the last 12 years questing on for self-knowledge, and to know from wence I came. I have saught for the reality, the substratum of all being; the very Essence or Life of all life. I spent 10 years fully delving into yoga (Raja, Jnana), the vedanta, upanishads, zen, Buddhism, plus other occult philosophies. And I also studied many books on cosmology, astrophysics and other sciences. In all this time the only thing I attained was delusions of grandeur, 'spiritual' and intellectual pride, self-love, arrogance, self-conceit, and even a little megalomania, for want of a better word. I was exulting myself, adoring myself in 'my own' excellence, and high ideals. Well God truly humbles the proud; He knows how to crush one's false 'high-horse'.

Well, your studies into various scientific disciplines must have been quite poor at best. Any 'delusions of grandeur', arrogance, etc. that you experienced came from within. After studying the philosophy of science a bit, I fail to see how scientific knowledge can lead to these sorts of conclusions - unless you experience such feelings to begin with and misappropriate science to support these feelings. Science doesn't claim we know all. In fact, science is constantly revealing how little we know - the body of potential knowledge grows and grows, where aspects of it may never been known. The very foundations of science are based on revisions and corrections, and its very falsifiable nature.

Wade Shekinah wrote :
Most of these paths are not constructs of man, but systems of enslavement to a diabolical sentence of spiritual destruction given unto man by Lucifer and his empire of darkness. All the East is naught but pagan idolatry; either making one's self his own god, or worshipping a panthean of strange gods, who are none other than the unclean blaspherean spirits of darkness - the fallen angels. Who appear unto man as seductive luminous beings, or 'beautiful' mysterious other worldly deities, yet in truth, they are the enemy of man, evil spirits.

What proof do you have of this apart from an archaic, irrelevant book written by fallible men,
and the teachings of fallible men with an agenda?

Wade Shekinah wrote :
You guys and girls have no clue what you are rebelling against. If you had but the faintest idea you would realize the complete madness of rejecting your Sovereign Good, the Truth that will set you free, your infinitely perfect Creator; the very Truth that will give you fulfillment, peace, happiness, and love, and eventually eternal life in Heaven, where not in dim mysteries like in this world of ours, but you will be in union with God, in total interior and outer illumination, love, bliss, beauty and happiness, for you will possess God and total satisfaction/contentment forever[/color]

Now you're just being downright arrogant. How dare you assert absolute garbage faith-based beliefs as truth, then belittle those who don't share your beliefs. Again I want proof of how your belief system is correct over anyone else. News flash: IT'S NOT.

I want solid arguments that involve reasoning & critical thinking, and do NOT resort to circular bullshit or claims of infallibility. If you are going to belittle everyone and take a 'holier than thou' attitude, you are obligated to provide evidence. And, once again, the burden of proof lies with the believers.

For someone who claims to have studied philosophy and science for years, your grasp on various areas within and across the two seems to suggest you don't really know as much as you claim.
SYNeR

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Meh, makes about as much sense as this thread does!

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/aqua-teen-hunger-force-dumber-dolls/371896868

Actually, this thread makes a lot of sense. If you read carefully, you can learn about the psychological effect that religious indoctrination has on people, and you can observe the ways in which such delusions manifest themselves -- it's all quite intriguing in my opinion. Preposterous & gullible some of the garbage that people spew forth, but interesting nonetheless.

Such insidiousness seems to greatly blur the line between the definition of 'cult' and 'religion' - although I don't think there was much of a line in the first place. The way I'm beginning to see it is religion is nothing more than cult mentality resting on & thinly veiled by the shaky foundations of culture.
synthz

I dont claim to know you wade, but judging by what ive seen in your threads, I think I can say I've met many people like you before.

I wonder, when you reach this stage of belief in god, do you people notice the arrogance that seems to flow from every sentence you type?
198 posts Page 5 of 8