Inquest over Daneeka Nixons death puts heat on Doof Culture

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
117 posts Page 1 of 5
kayhat

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/200 ... -news.html

Truly astounding. You think you know how bad the media can fuck up, and then you blink again and some journalistic shite comes out like this.

I really hope they get more info and come to some decision or furthur investigation to find a prime suspect, but there seems to be far too many idiots who couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag involved in this.

Doug Karl Radjenovic seems to be key in fogging the issues further that police have fucked up in the first place with the lack of a more critical autopsy. They also ignore the fact that a bunch of young gangsta wannabes who used to control marijuana trade and caused a lot of street violence in nimbin were there causing relative anarchy with their arson and violence on Saturday night as well.

This article is a bit more level, and seems to focus less on big bad doof and incorrect facts of doofers lifestyles, and more on facts. Not by much though.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 03,00.html
susan

i don't think either article or the tragic event puts heat on doof...
there is mishap, skullduggery and darkness wherever humans gather.
to the contrary- the heat seems to have settled on the gate keepers.
kayhat

you mean the police? Perhaps.

I don't people will really pay too much attention to the article anyway, except for a few indignant old grannies and indignant (for other reasons) people like me who read these things..
fnarky

Both articles are pretty innocuous really. The author of the first clearly knows nothing about doofs, but his reporting of the inquest is pretty straight.

You've gotta expect a bit of heat when somebody dies at a doof. Given the circumstances I'd say the heat is pretty mild- no calls to outlaw us (Not like them nice folks over at the Hells Angels).
kayhat

It's still bad press though, and any comparison of doof culture to a bikie gang is worrying to say the least from a creative intent and grand narrative of all the good things done at doofs, like installations and art and the whole actual accomplishment of creating a venue to do this in.

I think that this is passed off fairly lightly, and is actually quite a serious event from a national perspective for doof culture, as we have no real voice in the matter, apart from a couple of idiots spinning yarns...
fnarky

Well, look- I actually don't think it's that bad in terms of reportage.

And nor do I think it's in any way serious from a national perspective. I mean, sure, the Gold Coast article reflected poorly on doofs, but that paper has a tiny readership and no influence. The Australian's article didn't reflect badly on doofs at all, under the circumstances.

BTW: My bikie analogy was totally tongue in cheeck. Although having said that, traditional bikie culture (untainted by drug rings etc) is very much about freedom - and the state Govt has drafted incredibly draconian laws that erode freedom.
venatrix

lololol

reality check time - doofs are predominantly illegal gatherings of fringe dwellers and social misfits who congregate to take and traffic illegal drugs while listening to music.
flashfire

venatrix wrote :
fringe dwellers and social misfits

"extreme greenies", even.

Hand me my nosering!
venatrix

flashfire wrote :
"extreme greenies", even.

Hand me my nosering!

hehe in these troubled times we must seek out anti-capitalist dissidents, non-spending traitors, and alternative energy warlocks and send zem to siberia!
fnarky

It's not hard to put a positive or a negative spin on either doofs or bikies.

We should combine and take over the world.

Renewable-fuelled bikes and amphetamine-sprinkled mushrooms for eveyone.

Hooray!
venatrix

fnarky wrote :
It's not hard to put a positive or a negative spin on either doofs or bikies.

We should combine and take over the world.

Renewable-fuelled bikes and amphetamine-sprinkled mushrooms for eveyone.

Hooray!

i approve of your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter :m:
-diALMan-

[deleted]
comment posted was by another accidentally using my login
:oops:
Last edited by -diALMan- on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
tract

susan wrote :
i don't think either article or the tragic event puts heat on doof...
there is mishap, skullduggery and darkness wherever humans gather.
to the contrary- the heat seems to have settled on the gate keepers.

hai2u!
itchytriggerniggerfingers

-diALMan- wrote :
it's so tragic that not one person would have noticed a girl by herself and in trouble. if she didn't know many people and was afraid she probably didn't know what to do.

this is not the first tragedy involving a doof community. all party goers, organisers, drug dealers, and staid doofers have a part to play in what transpires and it is everyone's responsibilty to help each other just a little bit, not matter how fucking high any of us get.

:exactly:

Hopefully the lesson to be learned out of this tragedy is to keep an extra eye out for your friends. As much as we are all adults & responsible for ourselves, it doesn't hurt to just be that little more concerned for your friends mindset & safety :love:
triplezack

kayhat wrote :
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/05/31/83875_gold-coast-news.html

Truly astounding. You think you know how bad the media can fuck up, and then you blink again and some journalistic shite comes out like this.

I really hope they get more info and come to some decision or furthur investigation to find a prime suspect, but there seems to be far too many idiots who couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag involved in this.

Doug Karl Radjenovic seems to be key in fogging the issues further that police have fucked up in the first place with the lack of a more critical autopsy. They also ignore the fact that a bunch of young gangsta wannabes who used to control marijuana trade and caused a lot of street violence in nimbin were there causing relative anarchy with their arson and violence on Saturday night as well.

This article is a bit more level, and seems to focus less on big bad doof and incorrect facts of doofers lifestyles, and more on facts. Not by much though.

You know Kristian H (kayhat = KH) was at this party. In fact he started the review thread on oztrance before the news came out about Daneeka going missing and later found dead. Also Kristian had a girlfriend who's daughter went to a doof (one of drop bears parties a few years back that nearly got raped). Kristian then had it in big time for the way and manner dropbear promoted and run his parties. I might ad for some good reasons.

He has been bared again from oztrance just recently and thus comes here. Everybody is entitled to their views and I might ad that Kristian is just as opinionated as much of us. Though the question I ask him directly here and now is. What was his relationship with Ian from brain surgery disasters crew and Sheree who owns the property on the Channon road - (the Channon-Lismore)? Did you make a statement to police and register that you was there at this party?

In fact unless there is not some sort of high level investigation to the police handling of this matter and for what reasons this occurred. It just is going to make it more likely the inquest may forever be left open. It doesn't help when many people have NOT come forward to make statements because they were out of it etc. Well there is a number of news articles if people care to google them or do a search. You will find a picture of two of police that were involved in the case - but more importantly 'Dougie' yes many people know of him and who he is, not just a painter on the Gold Coast. As if he had never heard of Liquid before this party and never knew of it before. But there was just more then liquid I'm guessing, and that is stating the obvious.

There was four scenarios that the lawyer Andrew Boe stated in the inquiry. I don't need to go into detail of them here. But due to a lack of credible witnesses it sure doesn't make the situation easier for resolve for the distressed family on top of the way the police handled it in the first place.

The only way that this issue is going rest is the truth to come out. That is up to the silence of the community to come out - or media attention puts pressure for a major inquiry. This can be done by political pressure. It seems the later is more likely going to have to happen. It might be the long way, but that is up to everybody that was at this party to make a statement and be 100% honest to save the whole community embarrassment .

just my 2cents

and I agree with venatrix in her first statement on this topic. Though it's not funny , more the obvious.
Last edited by triplezack on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
triplezack

http://www.northernstar.com.au/story/20 ... -at-party/

Douglas Radjenovich - a person of interest
Image Image
treedreamer

It's so sad that not one person could see this girl was in trouble. that she could not reach out for help.

There are aspects of doof culture that should be examined closely. the excessive drug use is destructive and over the top and allows for all sorts of dodgy behaviour. not all drug dealers are nice people, some are affiliated with pretty violent and dark groups. no wonder the cops and communities are concerned. we allow this into doof because it's an all or nothing affair. corruption is rife. and this is part of why this girl died to no-one's notice. is not the first tragedy to hit a person in a doof community. and everyone is responsible in a way. wake up and be honest; doofers need to get back to what it should be about. the beauty of music and dancing and freedom. so simple, so lovely. drugs are dangerous and we don't even know it until it's too late. of course drugs had something to do with that girl's tragedy. either directly or indirectly. and we should be worried about it. by buying and taking drugs, what kinds of corruption are we feeding?

On behalf of that poor girl and her family, i make this plea to all people who attend doofs. cut back, reduce and moderate all drugs and alcohol. it really will help bring the creativity, safety and love back into doof-world. the line is so fine.

After all this time and personal experience, i still can not understand how getting on the pills etc helps to enhance the doofing experience. not to mention the the fact that - 'my friends are only my friends because we all love drugs' - get off the drugs and see how many friends you have then. not cynical. true. it is absolutely possible to have an awesome doof time without getting hammered. many know this, but everyone needs to know it.
Factor 1

you guys should really know when to shut the fuck up!
beatpyramid

wowzers!
triplezack

kayhat wrote :
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/05/31/83875_gold-coast-news.html

My apologies Kristian for not giving your opening post a detailed reply earlier.

Well yes some journo's can be lazy and just go to some forum and see what is be said and quote that. That you had great discussion about two years ago. There is not a representative from each newspaper in the country normally. They get feed the same stuff and make what they want from it. Often distorting it (media sensationalism). But I suppose if more people had the guts to actually speak to them over this matter then worry about what others would think. The quality of story would improve a bit. The more you go to hide in darkness the more they are going to string the story that way. That's why I agree with the approach the Cairns Winter Solstice crew have taken with the media. They have had their fair share of issues up there I might ad.

Who said there was a murder? Or for that matter a murderer. There could be some kind of cover-up for what ever reason. This is based on one scenario given by the lawyer Andrew Boe - Daneeka's body was put in the water, being that she was already dead before being disposed into the water.
The most alarming thing is the obvious. Ian's post on oztrance in the psy section. This is completely different to Doug Karl Radjenovic's coroners inquest statement. I just don't get it - matching the two. In fact I wonder how this Doug character could be so (best left out) to make the statement he did. In fact I wonder how someone could be so stupid - here point the gun at me. But hey he might and who knows, hold all the answers. The fact is he tried finger pointing and that person was cleared. Maybe Daneeka died from drug overdose. People panicked because they were all or most was and amongst them was dealers etc , it was decided to make it look she died from natural causes. I just wonder so much why the police took the steps of being more concerned to do a ridge and bush search and helicopter search then getting divers sent up from Sydney straight away. And the very least doing a thorough search of the creek section entry points and banks. Maybe they were hoping to find a maryjane plantation or signs of one as being more important? But crikey they stopped the father Paul Nixon entering the property to look the next day. WTF .

Doug Karl Radjenovic seems to be key in fogging the issues further that police have fucked up in the first place with the lack of a more critical autopsy.
ok Kristian, Doug is fogging issues further. Please explain what the issues are? Police didn't handle the initial investigation very well at all. Isn't the right thing then is to find out why? There was no signs of her being physically abused -struggle/bruises etc . There was facial decay/injury due to the deceased body being pecked at by yabbies or other water life.
But the most confusing thing is the autopsy said just a low level of alcohol in her system. That was four days after her death. So it then comes back to witness reports. There credibility etc and the more they have then the more they can look into Doug's statement and others be it for that matter. I find it hard to believe that she stayed on after her friends had gone home . Before this not taken any drugs but more to the point not taken any drugs back at the house after the party. Shit I know what normally goes on.

They also ignore the fact that a bunch of young gangsta wannabes who used to control marijuana trade and caused a lot of street violence in nimbin were there causing relative anarchy with their arson and violence on Saturday night as well.
Yeah this was well documented in the review thread you started on oztrance Kristian before Daneeka's disappearance came to light. Have a read of many of the N-NSW parties near Nimbin, nothing changes. Before and after this Easter party in 2006. You recall some OT'ers hammering the fact it should of never been made public. Gee it was just meant to be a private party. Or more to the point another promoter scam -foil . NO PERMIT - but we want lots of people so lots of drugs can be sold. Be it us or our mates. The donation tin at the DJ booth gave it away ( that's no honest mistake) what happened to private pm to their friends and DJ's for demo's. Just another promoter fog haze if you ask me.

You see Kristian you hadn't gone to doofs in a while - had a long spell. Ok you been to few of late SEQ winter solstice etc. But your life has been on a bender - downward spiral. You get yourself back on OT and loose it over and over again. Maybe the fact you so strongly spoke out for your girlfriends daughter against another promoter and since you parted ways with her and having been at this 2006 easter doof took its toll. If so I hope you get it out of your system. Because something is eating you.

moving on-
Interestingly I found that one of the news stories regarding Daneeka was copied and pasted on a Bikie forum site. But yeah those in know , do know about Bikie gang involvement behind the scenes in some aspects of the doof culture. On a few occasions turning up at festivals wanting money for various reasons. So no surprise really but I think hmmm they don't have much respect for police (sound familiar). To consider that the initial police investigation was heavily criticized , maybe the interest in placing the news story on the forum was meant towards that.

Pretty sad to think that if it had been a daughter to a high profile well known rich person. No doubt the outcome as it stands today would be more then likely a lot different.

nice post treedreamer.

lol wowsers.
treedreamer

Sorry, I know this is not my tragedy or business but I just feel so sad for that girl, her friends and family and want to believe that we could all learn something from it. Otherwise, her death is pointless. And she deserves better than that. But yeah, I do have a tendency to go on, but it is out of concern, not a love of the soapbox. So sorry if i have upset anyone. This forum is hardly the place for discussion of serious things.

"shut the fuck up?" - perhaps the person who wrote this is right. Just hush. More secrets to protect the world of doof.

We should not just look out for our friends but everyone. I hope that we can honor that young woman with a wiser way.
triplezack

treedreamer wrote :
Sorry, I know this is not my tragedy or business but I just feel so sad for that girl, her friends and family and want to believe that we could all learn something from it. Otherwise, her death is pointless. And she deserves better than that. But yeah, I do have a tendency to go on, but it is out of concern, not a love of the soapbox. So sorry if i have upset anyone. This forum is hardly the place for discussion of serious things.

"shut the fuck up?" - perhaps the person who wrote this is right. Just hush. More secrets to protect the world of doof.

We should not just look out for our friends but everyone. I hope that we can honor that young woman with a wiser way.

This gives me great inspiration reading this to think there are people out there in this community with good honest caring intent and do want to see the community get through this. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Wake up or just keep falling into darkness. Somebody sees hope and positivity, rare these days. People really are so consumed in them themselves and their selfish values. Treedreamer is a comrade, brother, sister somebody I feel safe to enjoy music together and dance to. Likely we have never met, but somebody I wish I could see in a lot more people.

It is a shame that forums get mostly used to take the piss out of each other. They are pretty much the bullies playgrounds. Not the place for serious matters but only when it suites the bullies who take control of them. My purpose here is to not so much get people to react on this forum to create some almighty shit stir. It is to awake people consciousness and raise the level of awareness to what treedreamer best explains.

Many of you do have children and I know some of you do bring those children into the doof environment. What would you do if this happened to your child? Would you just shut the fuck up? I bet unlike for the poor Nixon family and suffering father Paul and mother Maureen have had to endure . You would not have anywhere near the level of stonewall they have had to face. So for the best part the sympathies and compassion you send in these forums are very shallow, speaking on a whole.
venatrix

A young woman has died at a doof, possibly murdered...

...and people are worried about 'how it like reflects on like the scene, man, like, you know, it's not fair how the newspaper article kinda disses doofers maaaaaaaaan'....

it's fucking disgusting.

I hope that her family get the answers they need to have some semblance of comfort, and that justice is served.
triplezack

For the life of me. I best post this warning - IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ LONG POSTS AND FOLLOW THE QUOTED LINKS , it is best you move on. Nobody is forcing you to read this. That is a matter of your own free will.

Venatrix you are gifted with enough intelligence that you able to do a uni course and come on here and debate many issues. While you have every free right to express your opinions in a democratic society, so do others. Sure you have had your low points in life to date and have had to pick yourself up, many people do at various stages in their lives.

I read both your posts on this topic and feel compelled to express / debate / discuss the psyche of the doof community in general in relation to scratching the surface of this tragedy.

So please venatrix do not take this as some personal attack . I'm just cross referencing both your posts and trying to find some resolve from the second and most recent post as means of further discussion on this puzzling topic. :mrgreen:

A young woman has died at a doof, possibly murdered...
You know about the start of the doof culture? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa_trance .
Today, Goa Trance has a significant following in Israel, brought to that country by former soldiers returning from recreational "post-army trips" to Goa in the early 1990s. A great deal of Goa Trance (or now, more accurately, psytrance) is now produced in Israel, but its production and consumption is a global phenomenon. New "hot-spots" today include Brazil, Japan, Serbia and South Africa.
Well people are very well aware of how the authorities have clamped down in India. The numerous types of incidents , scattering of murders, rapes , attempted rapes and drug overdoses, physical assaults and death. Sorry that doesn't paint a very nice picture. I posted that part on Israel because we all know how much political power the Jews have in this world.
ohhh fuck... thats why i stoped going to doof's in israel.. the same problem with the israeli rednecks ( arsim ) ... poor women..
http://forums.ozreggae.com/index.php?s=6f3443b751855edec058180b48984d5d&showtopic=2431 So even in Israel it is not entirely safe for woman. Let alone in every country there has been trouble . The law of averages of course stuff is going to go wrong and people get hurt or die. It goes with anything , what about soccer fans and enthusiasts? The difference is that soccer , rock concerts, etc are not under ground. So really take a close look at the world today and how it has progressed. Truth is many people who want to get away from it all for a doof take no consideration to the fact electronic communication has brought down the barriers. There is no secrecy, yet on top of this you have urban sprawl , louder sound systems, better roads and highways, and a much greater chance of something being found out . Then on the flip side if you could discretely find a way to keep out of the radar, what then are the chances that if a person was to die at a doof. People would try to conceal the death because it would expose everything if they reported the death.

...and people are worried about 'how it like reflects on like the scene, man, like, you know, it's not fair how the newspaper article kinda disses doofers maaaaaaaaan'....

it's fucking disgusting.
Lets say media (not just newspaper) well there have been several scatterings of newspaper articles regarding the doof scene and mostly reporting the negative effects / events. Also there has been some tv news coverage and current affair type reports - Remember the Limpingwood doof parties
Mr Opit had been ordered to pay the council's $9000 legal expenses after he lost a court case brought to shut down the noisy "doof-doof" parties he once held at his Limpinwood property.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/ ... 26966.html there was report years ago by Mike Munro. http://www.tweed.nsw.gov.au/councilmeet ... st2002.pdf
Reporters can only report on the information they get. If there is a lack of credible witnesses . Then what can you expect. Back in 2006 a reporter from the SMH took the steps to scour forum sites and this forum was named with oztrance. In fact if you read what was said in the newspaper article. It was the same as said on oztrance. This really got the forum critics riled and SMH was heavily criticized by OT'ers . Hang on - who wrote it in the first place? Now I put here a example from a obscure source. Well lots of people know of Huckleberry (Ises) far Northern NSW.
http://forums.ozreggae.com/index.php?s= ... topic=2431
Huckleberry
Posted: Apr 22 2006, 12:01 PM
Quote Post
Group: Members
Member No.: 23

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/for ... 54251.html

sad.gif sad.gif

Respect to Daneeka Nixon and her family, there was many dodgy reports from the behaviour of atendees at this party, and I think no matter what the truth is in what happened, I would think the bad vibes that these people bought resulted in her death in some way... please look after yourselves and friends , and for everybody local, a special look out for people who could be too wasted at Mardi Grass this year. Ises.

Have a good read of that and and read all the news articles on Daneeka Nixon. It surely sounds to me a case of palming the blame off and shouldering it onto something else away from the doof scene. Huckleberry remains a oztrance member. But his opinion is widely reflected in oztrance land. How is it that it now remains members only and membership temporarily closed? There is more reasons that meet the eye. For nearly 6 months Ben Butler reporter for the Sun Herald stayed being the last registered user. The irony and to think that two threads have been removed from the forum regarding Daneeka Nixon.
it's fucking disgusting
Yes I witnessed the two recent threads removed from oztrance under my oztrance account name. It really is embarrassing because yes some news stories get the basic facts mixed up and having read many peoples comments from removed threads amounts more to the disgust I feel- directed at the wall of secrecy then to newspaper reports.

This is just truly bazaar -http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/05/30/83675_gold-coast-news.html

The reporter is quoting peoples statements at a inquest that ended a open case. Being that the case is left open. There are several quotes of statements in the newspapers. You can't say it's disgusting for reporters to quote statements surely. The statements in my opinion really do need much further investigation. Some don't match and some just don't make sense. I can't help but think WTF is going on.

It's all very easy to say shut the fuck up.... but not over my dead body and conscious will I take the attitude of not giving a fuck. No matter what the cost.

Daneeka's parents - father Paul and mother Maureen deserve no less.
flashfire

smells like marcus.
117 posts Page 1 of 5