The Root of All Evil?

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
26 posts Page 1 of 2
Pete_Paranoid

The Root of All Evil? - The God Delusion (1 of 2) (47:51)
http://video.google.com.au/googleplayer.swf?docid=-4321574955310561251&hl=en&fs=true

The Root of All Evil? Part 2: The Virus of Faith. (Richard Dawkins, 2006) (47:58)
http://video.google.com.au/googleplayer.swf?docid=-7619161192220036050&hl=en&fs=true
bosun

Last edited by bosun on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete_Paranoid

There is more than one way to skin a cat!
Pete_Paranoid

While I found this uninspiring, this was made a year later as a follow up to the "The Root of All Evil?" documentary.

Richard Dawkins - The Enemies Of Reason - Part1 - Slaves to Superstition (47:54)
http://video.google.com.au/googleplayer.swf?docid=-7218293233140975017&hl=en&fs=true

Richard Dawkins - Enemies Of Reason - (Part 2) (47:48)
http://video.google.com.au/googleplayer.swf?docid=-4720837385783230047&hl=en&fs=true
ionized

Ricki Diki. What a complete knobend. I appreciate what he is trying to do, if only that it amounts to laying the ground work for more intelligent atheist discussion in the future.

I admit the fundamentalist kicking is funny to watch for a while. Present logical train of thought and watch the pentecostal get angry. Repeat for 3 hours and you have a moderately scandalous documentary with plenty of lols. It as actually more interesting though to watch him try and debate with Deepak Chopra in Enemies of Reason. He pretty much gets his arse handed to him in a very short amount of time. Deepak admits quite readily that what he's presenting is metaphorical spiritual concepts and seems to have a much better appreciation for a 'non local reality' than the apparent scientist. Doesn't leave much for Dawkins to attack aside from the cash empire of which Dawkins is just as guilty of himself.

I actually did enjoy Enemies of Reason more for the fact that he points out how much people today are taking the enlightenment, and for that matter, the age of free thinking that we have now, for granted.
Watching him try and apply scientific method to a lot of the alternative methods of healing is quite funny too. He kept interviewing these healers and was always coming back to the line... 'but isn't that just a placebo effect?' Which at the end of the day is a completely unexplained phenomenon. So in effect he was kind of saying...
'OK, so you don't know what it is, and science has no fucking clue either........ but I reckon your still a kook for practicing.... so go get a medical degree or something and stop helping people'

Funny shit.
Azarias

I ask you "How is your soul? Have you got peace therein? Have you got a clean conscience? Are you in a state of grace? Do you have Faith and Hope and Love? What about sweet contented joy? What about humility?"

You have nothing but darkness, confusion, misery and sin, hopeless, lost and frustrated. Then in this state you try to attack the one place one can find Truth, peace, grace, humility and supernatural beauty and spiritual perfection. The one place where you receive Hope, Faith and Charity from God. you throw away the only hope for eternal life, the only hope for bliss and objective truth, the only place where there is Redemption, Sanctification and Salvation. The Holy infallible, indefectable Roman Catholic & Apostolic Church established by God. Lord Jesus Christ is the Way the Truth and the Life, without Him rejecting Him there is only darkness, desolation, despair, unrest, vanity, falsehood and there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

All your arguments, criticisms, blasphemies, theories and puerile impotent protests are null and void. For you are simply rebelling and rejecting the only Truth and Way that will set you free; that brings peace to all, that grants one eternal life in peace, love, bliss and glory in Heaven. Reject Christ and you are are condemned.
AdrianPsy

Dawkins is an alright guy... I find his methods a bit too narrow minded for me though
ionized

Azarias wrote :
I ask you "How is your soul? Have you got peace therein? Have you got a clean conscience? Are you in a state of grace? Do you have Faith and Hope and Love? What about sweet contented joy? What about humility?"

You have nothing but darkness, confusion, misery and sin, hopeless, lost and frustrated. Then in this state you try to attack the one place one can find Truth, peace, grace, humility and supernatural beauty and spiritual perfection. The one place where you receive Hope, Faith and Charity from God. you throw away the only hope for eternal life, the only hope for bliss and objective truth, the only place where there is Redemption, Sanctification and Salvation. The Holy infallible, indefectable Roman Catholic & Apostolic Church established by God. Lord Jesus Christ is the Way the Truth and the Life, without Him rejecting Him there is only darkness, desolation, despair, unrest, vanity, falsehood and there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

All your arguments, criticisms, blasphemies, theories and puerile impotent protests are null and void. For you are simply rebelling and rejecting the only Truth and Way that will set you free; that brings peace to all, that grants one eternal life in peace, love, bliss and glory in Heaven. Reject Christ and you are are condemned.

Whats the matter Wade? Your wife run off with a sufi or something?
Pete_Paranoid

Azarias wrote :

Check mate!

You watched the documentary then did you?
Azarias

The root of all evil is Pride

Dawkins sounds smart or knowledgable to those who have not knowledge, understanding and wisdom. Dawkins is just an insecure confused little lost boy, who has not peace, contentment or inner security; he gropes in the darkness uttering big weak concepts in his vain delusion and pride, that are like paper mashay citidels that to an unkeen observer look strong and impenitrable, but this is deceptive. For come rain and storm (a barage of wise questions and statements of truth) all of it will be redused to a pile of indefinable mush and an ugly chaotic mess. Or another analogy, it is a mansion built on shifting sands and come storm and flood would topple crumple and fall, and great will be the fall thereof.

I know some Catholic children who could ask him a set of questions, and give him a set of answers that could make him trip over his words in uneasiness, confusion and nervousness, let alone some of the Catholic theology and philosophy teachers I know, let alone some of the traditional Priests I know, and even myself, all of which would send him home deflated and upset.

His thesis is really just the Dawkins' Delusion. And to throw away ones's eternal happiness following this absurdity is not wisdom but grave folly.
SYNeR

Azarias wrote :
All your arguments, criticisms, blasphemies, theories and puerile impotent protests are null and void.

Actually, all your arguments are null and void. They're not even arguments at all.
Do you even understand how to construct a valid argument? I bet not.
All you appear to be capable of doing is spouting religious doctrine.
Good luck with that.
bosun

Last edited by bosun on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bosun

Azarias

I just tell the truth and leave it at that. You guys are responsible for all your thoughts words and actions. You people belong to a society that no longer knows the difference between right and wrong, good and bad, truth and lie, good and evil. It is the strangest things that you guys are mouthing off the most disgusting false lifeless profanations and absurdities against the only thing that can save your soul, give you grace, hope and peace and wisdom; revolting against your infinite eternal self-subsisting beloved Creator - your Sovereign Good. Now that is insane, berserk, and dark. Reject Christ and you condemn yorself for all eternity in everlasting Hell.

By the way my first name is Benedict
tinyavian

Azarias wrote :
Reject Christ and you condemn yorself for all eternity in everlasting Hell.

save me a spot in the front row
itchytriggerniggerfingers

Azarias wrote :

With your current outlook, you'll fit right in with all the assorted religious fruitcakes of the cloth :roll:
bosun

Azarias

Azarias is derived from an ancient Hebrew name Azariah which means Help of God or God's providence.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

Azarias wrote :
Azarias is derived from an ancient Hebrew name Azariah which means Help of God or God's providence.

Well that makes sense, you need all the help you can get :lol:
Phsiris

you quit being banished?
FeralBrown

Interesting... I always thought "greed" was a prerequisite for "pride", though...
It's also quite good to see that some of you have wised up to Dawkins a bit- he pushes his barrow a bit too hard and fast for his own good... you usually wind up with the manure on the garden path doing things that way. ;)

anyway, didn't find what I was hoping to... definitely nothing new or groundbreaking. Maybe I'm thinking too much?
:bonfire: :atom:
Pete_Paranoid

Azarias wrote :
I just tell the truth and leave it at that. You guys are responsible for all your thoughts words and actions. You people belong to a society that no longer knows the difference between right and wrong, good and bad, truth and lie, good and evil. It is the strangest things that you guys are mouthing off the most disgusting false lifeless profanations and absurdities against the only thing that can save your soul, give you grace, hope and peace and wisdom; revolting against your infinite eternal self-subsisting beloved Creator - your Sovereign Good. Now that is insane, berserk, and dark. Reject Christ and you condemn yorself for all eternity in everlasting Hell.

Pete_Paranoid

Pete_Paranoid

Pete_Paranoid

Made by my favorite atheist Douglas Adams. :thumb:
26 posts Page 1 of 2