MUST SEE T.V.

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
47 posts Page 1 of 2
FeralBrown

Well... I don't actually have any suggestions ATM, because I don't really watch T.V. unless I'm at someone else's place or whatever, but I do go outta my way to record or track down anything that looks worthy... I had this idea after watching that Ancient Aliens doco... no doubt I would've recorded it for future reference and sample rape if I'd known wen it was coming up!

So... this is the thread where we make suggestions about cool looking up'n'coming shows... It'll probably work better if we discuss said shows minimally in here...

suggested post format>
Name of show (and episode title if necessary)
Channel
Day/Time
Summary
Why you think it's worth watching (if not completely evident in the "summary" bit or you have something you really need to get off your chest)
Movies count too, but only ones that are televised (Fox box office and all that sorta stuff counts, I 'spose...)

Hopefully this'll inspire a bit of conversation that doesn't constantly revolve around the same five members and topics...
ATREYU

Lately i like

-"Robot chicken" ( don't know if its on TV atm), but its hilarious.

e.g

- "Entourage"-( Rich movie star and mates livin it large in Hollywood )
Its very materialistic but funny and addictive.
Mondays @ 10:00pm on SBS ONE.

-"Prison Break"- seasons 1,2,3 (epic conspiracy)

-"Taken"- Steven Spielberg Alien abduction TV series

-"Band of Brothers"- Steven Spielberg world war 2 (landing at Normandy)epic

(Better to watch all seasons on dvd)
Last edited by ATREYU on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
herbsandspices

Terminator, the Sarah Connor Chronicles.
jaimz

The Wire

Deadwood

True Blood

Pushing Daisies

Breaking Bad

Weeds

Battlestar Galactica
psywise

Firstly, thread title sucks. There is no such thing as "must see tv", it's just a marketing ploy. I'm forever thankful that the internets have stopped the dependence of having to put your life on hold at a certain time each week to be able to enjoy a series.

I do enjoy some programs though:

Drama: True Blood, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Lost.

Lulz: Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, South Park, Colbert, Arrested Development.
FRACAS

Neighbours
Channel 10 6:30pm, weeknights
psywise

FRACAS wrote :
Neighbours

Same time as Today Tonight.

Every evening is a struggle as to which to watch.
Azarias

No wonder people are becoming stupider and more absurd and perverse by the day. Passive entertainment coming from the idiot box hypnotisers one's mind and feeds the mind such ridiculous obscene information, dumbing one down, clouding judgement, interupts clear memory recall, blunts the imagination, befogs one's reasoning, lowers iq.

The tv monitor should only be used when watching dvd documentaries, and worthy intelligent films that are character building and educational.

No wonder some of you guys don't hold anything to be serious or sacred; you fill your head with fragmented pieces of nonsense, false history, advertisments, popular science, lies, heresy, corruption, perverse comedy, bad news, adultery, profanity and immoral hilarity.

You are saturating the highest faculties of your soul with obscene junk, jamming it with every perversity and vulgarity. You are hypnotising yourselves with the bad flow from the empire of darkness dumbing down and confusing humanity with decepion and sin, until you no longer know what is right or wrong, true or false, good or bad, until you just become trashy indifferent ignoramuses, who then walk through life exuding the same bad flow from the abundance in your malignant heart.

Away with it, renounce it, and detoxify your mind of it.
psywise

Azarias wrote :
No wonder people are becoming stupider and more absurd and perverse by the day. Passive entertainment coming from the pulpit hypnotisers one's mind and feeds the mind such ridiculous obscene information, dumbing one down, clouding judgement, interupts clear memory recall, blunts the imagination, befogs one's reasoning, lowers iq.

you fill your head with fragmented pieces of nonsense, false history,

You are saturating the highest faculties of your soul with obscene junk, jamming it with every perversity and vulgarity. You are hypnotising yourselves with the bad flow from the empire of darkness dumbing down and confusing humanity with decepion and sin, until you no longer know what is right or wrong, true or false, good or bad, until you just become trashy indifferent ignoramuses, who then walk through life exuding the same bad flow from the abundance in your malignant heart.

Away with it, renounce it, and detoxify your mind of it.

fixt
Marsoups

Spicks 'n Specks!
ABC
Wednesdays @ 20h30
One of the best shows on tele!!! Comedy in a quiz show with some knowledgeable contestants battling out their knowledge of music, music videos and the like... Will leave you giggling after and disappointed the show went so fast!!
itchytriggerniggerfingers

FRACAS wrote :
Neighbours

Monday 2am, Channel 9...

SKIPPY, THE BUSH KANGAROO :killah:
Chappo

Not sure when it's on in Australia yet but:

Tuesday November 3rd 10pm
National Geographic Explorer

Inside lucy in the sky with diamonds
"LSDs inventor Albert Hofmann called it "medicine for the soul." The Beatles wrote songs about it. Secret military mind control experiments exploited its hallucinogenic powers. Outlawed in 1966, lucy in the sky with diamonds became a street drug and developed a reputation as the dangerous toy of the counterculture, capable of inspiring either moments of genius, or a descent into madness. Now science is taking a fresh look at lucy in the sky with diamonds, including the first human trials in over 35 years. Using enhanced brain imaging, non-hallucinogenic versions of the drug and information from an underground network of test subjects who suffer from an agonizing condition for which there is no cure, researchers are finding that this "trippy" drug could become the pharmaceutical of the future. Can it enhance our brain power, expand our creativity and cure disease? To find out, Explorer puts lucy in the sky with diamonds under the microscope."

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/s ... 4/Overview
herbsandspices

Azarias wrote :

You fucking biggoted, preaching pile of turtle shit.

You live a life of fantasy and delusions of superiority, slowly turning all you come into contact with here away from the sick faith you clutch like a lifebuoy. You are the ignoramus with the malignant heart and you are just blind to the fact.

I am well aware of truth and moral choice, something that you abandoned in favour of blind faith long ago.
Azarias

Oh no, dear friend, it is not blind faith, but objective spiritual fact. The Holy Catholic Faith is the only truly spiritual Path to beatitude and eternal life. It is completely experiential. It is so beautiful, sweet, deep and awesome. Let me reiterate. IT IS THE ONLY WAY OF PEACE, HOPE, LOVE, PERFECTION, WISDOM, FAITH, HUMILITY, CHARITY, REDEMPTION, SANCTIFICATION AND SALVATION. It is an active spiritual life of prayer, contemplation, good works, acts of loving kindness, knowledge, understanding and wisdom. It is the Church militant against Satan and all of his works and ways. Christianity is the only Way to Sainthood, beatification and eternal life in Heaven. There is nothing blind about it. It is illumined by the supernatural powers of Faith, Hope and Charity, and the seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit and the moral virtues. IT IS PERFECT FOR IT IS THE ONLY RELIGION ON THIS WORLD THAT COMES FROM GOD. IT HAS BEEN GIVEN US BY GOD AND THUS IS PERFECT. You are just deceived and twisted by the darkside, in mortal sin, corruption of soul, and enslaved to Satan, presently a child of Hell. AND SO YOU UNREASONABLY IRRATIONALLY HATE THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES:

Jesus Christ
herbsandspices

Azarias wrote :
You are just deceived and twisted by the darkside, in mortal sin, corruption of soul, and enslaved to Satan, presently a child of Hell. AND SO YOU UNREASONABLY IRRATIONALLY HATE THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES:

Jesus Christ

Oh how wrong you are, ignorant and arrogant spiritual infant.
herbsandspices

Back on topic:

Nathan Barley, it's awesome.

Also, Brass Eye.
psywise

Also "Good Game" on ABC2 Monday nights, computer gaming reviews with awesome geek humour. "IT Crowd" for moar geek win.
Teejay

ultimate fighter (season ten the heavy weights) spiketv/fueltv and UFC
Dexter
man vs wild sbs monday night and discovery
true blood
the apprentice monday nights
mind body and kick ass moves - a martial arts doco.. pretty sweet
the cook and the chef
wild gourmet
rob and big
the fantasy factory
travis pastranas nitro circus
grand designs
wipe out
question and answer - on abc- so funny watching liberal pollies getting owned
prank vote - youtube channel (teabag tanya is so funny)
asp/wqs surfing

Hey azariarse. what happened to your five post and then your out speel? boo to you clown.
FRACAS

psywise wrote :
Also "Good Game" on ABC2 Monday nights, computer gaming reviews with awesome geek humour. "IT Crowd" for moar geek win.

So your relationship status = single ??? :D
psywise

FRACAS wrote :
psywise wrote :

So your relationship status = single ??? :D

Nope, but lucky to have a GF that enjoys them too :D
phoney

Man I feel boring... here's what I watch, not religiously, just if they happen to be on:

SBS news
7:30 report
media watch
Australian story
4 corners
Q&A
foreign correspondant
Dateline
The cook and the chef
Iron chef
Costas garden odyssey
Gardening Australia
grand designs
At the movies
Mythbusters
the occasional doco on SBS, SBS2, ABC, ABC2 and that's about it.
flashfire

True Blood <Showcase> Tues, 8pm
LA Ink, Miami Ink, London Ink <Discovery Travel & Living> ad nauseum
Dirty Jobs
World's Toughest Fixes
Doing Da Vinci
america's next top model
Taboo
Man vs Wild (although I've always felt cheated since I found out what a fraud Bear Grylls is)
The Alaska Experiment (when it was on)
psywise

Related but bound to be crap
flurohero

'wild-boys' with steve-o+chris pontius<party boy>
watch giggling dumb dudes get savaged<generally on the bumcheeks!>by international dangerous wild
animals whilst probably lit-up drunk!

i didnt think you actually got t.v. reception up there on that giant barnacle,would you like us
to describe in text what you are missing?
traveller

flurohero wrote :
i didnt think you actually got t.v. reception up there on that giant barnacle,would you like us
to describe in text what you are missing?

:P
47 posts Page 1 of 2