MUST SEE T.V.

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
47 posts Page 2 of 2
simon

well i did write a big list of shows for download but thats not really the intent of this thread. but seeing as almost no one picked up on that i'll write down that list again, minus what has already been posted :)

Bang Goes the Theory
Bored to Death
Code Monkeys
Eureka
Hung
I survived a japanese gameshow
Ideal
Krod Mandoon and the flaming sword of fire
Legend of the seeker (eh tom ;))
Mumbai Calling
Mystery Quest
No Signal
Reaper
Rob Drydek's fantasy factory
Testees
The Goode Family
The Mighty Boosh
Unbeatable Banzuke
Wondershowzen
Xavier, Renegade Angel.
psywise

Does Saffron's new show start tonight?
simon

psywise wrote :

yep, tonight on ABC1

John Safran's Race RelationsM(30)9:30pm - 10:00pm
VJ DAMAGE

House

and Sasha is addicted to "Scrapheap Challenge"
Sensum

simon wrote :
Wondershowzen
Xavier, Renegade Angel.

:killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah: :killah:
flashfire

simon wrote :
psywise wrote :

yep, tonight on ABC1

lol - John Safran jerking off into a little cup... must see TV indeed. YES WE CAN!
the mad kiwi

Lost ( cant wait for the final season )
Outreaguos fortune - westie humour
Entourage
Fringe - I think this is just a lost filler ..... cant make up my mind
Top Gear... only the best show in the world! - someone remind me to don my triple denim when they come to NZ live next year.

thats about it really ..
jaimz

simon wrote :

LOR! :-)

Excellent taste. ;-) Actually what do you think of it? I find it pretty entertaining...
rollyz

flashfire wrote :
simon wrote :
psywise wrote :

yep, tonight on ABC1

lol - John Safran jerking off into a little cup... must see TV indeed. YES WE CAN!

Oh shit that was funny...a) the actual jerking off and making a deposit live on camera, and b) tricking the Jews and Palistinians into making a new race of Jelistinians :mrgreen:
rollyz

oh next week would be a must see.... just up Wades alley... I wonder if Wade would go as far as nailing himself to the cross?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/photogallery ... 89614.html

Last edited by rollyz on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon

jaimz wrote :
simon wrote :

Excellent taste. ;-) Actually what do you think of it? I find it pretty entertaining...

i love anything fantasy, and i've read most of the books. the books get a bit repeditive (basically the same thing over and over again, but searching for a different magic thing.. ho hum... ) . The show is very entertaining and doesnt get as preachy as the books, as long as you're not one of those "its different from the books so it sucks" people i think its pretty good

Zedd is spot on in the show - almost exactly as i had imagined him. I cant wait until the mord sith have a bigger role in the show
Marsoups

rollyz wrote :
flashfire wrote :

Oh shit that was funny...a) the actual jerking off and making a deposit live on camera, and b) tricking the Jews and Palistinians into making a new race of Jelistinians :mrgreen:[/quote]

Are you serious loool... possible to watch on the net ?
psywise

Marsoups wrote :
rollyz wrote :
flashfire wrote :

Oh shit that was funny...a) the actual jerking off and making a deposit live on camera, and b) tricking the Jews and Palistinians into making a new race of Jelistinians :mrgreen:

Are you serious loool... possible to watch on the net ?[/quote]

Anything produced by the ABC is downloadable from their website.

I was kinda disappointed by ep 1, mainly I think that it had been so hyped and the key gags (masturbation, panties) had already been written about in the press.

That Palestinian guy had balls of steal for being involved though.
flashfire

simon wrote :
jaimz wrote :
simon wrote :

i love anything fantasy, and i've read most of the books. the books get a bit repeditive (basically the same thing over and over again, but searching for a different magic thing.. ho hum... ) . The show is very entertaining and doesnt get as preachy as the books, as long as you're not one of those "its different from the books so it sucks" people i think its pretty good

Zedd is spot on in the show - almost exactly as i had imagined him. I cant wait until the mord sith have a bigger role in the show

Is this based on the Terry Goodkind series? Wow - i read them like 10 years ago... Would be interested in the TV series, despite it being not true to the books (they never are!). Where can I find the TV series? (am a retard with torrents and shit; it's like another planet). On that note, I've started reading the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris (what true blood is based on)... moderately different - the book is sexier than the show so far. And easy to read; am devouring them after repeating my labour of love with the Song of Ice and Fire series (George RR Martin).
Marsoups

psywise wrote :

Anything produced by the ABC is downloadable from their website.

I was kinda disappointed by ep 1, mainly I think that it had been so hyped and the key gags (masturbation, panties) had already been written about in the press.

That Palestinian guy had balls of steal for being involved though.

yeah just watched it now, ABC iview ftw! http://www.abc.net.au/iview
(is free for optus customers and some other isp's, but bigpond users get screwed)

I had a few good laughs,, some funny slants in there... haha
NunyaB

Nothing like some Live TV action. :D

simon

flashfire wrote :
simon wrote :

Is this based on the Terry Goodkind series? Wow - i read them like 10 years ago... Would be interested in the TV series, despite it being not true to the books (they never are!). Where can I find the TV series? (am a retard with torrents and shit; it's like another planet). On that note, I've started reading the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris (what true blood is based on)... moderately different - the book is sexier than the show so far. And easy to read; am devouring them after repeating my labour of love with the Song of Ice and Fire series (George RR Martin).

i've got series one, come up one day and bring a hard disk.

you see what i am reduced to to get visitors?
tripn

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
FRACAS wrote :
Neighbours
Channel 10 6:30pm, weeknights

Monday 2am, Channel 9...

SKIPPY, THE BUSH KANGAROO :killah:

why the hell is skippy on at 2am? is that for all the jet lagged foreigners who come here hoping to see kangaroos?
Chappo

Eco-Tech
638 Discovery Science
Starts: Thu 29 Oct, 8:30 pm. Duration 60 mins.

Building Green: A new, green generation of builders, scientists, architects and designers are rethinking how we build. Their approach to sustainable building environments and eco-friendly architecture is transforming the way we live.

Long synopsis: You might think that automobiles have the biggest negative impact on the environment. But there's something else in our surroundings that's far more damaging. Buildings. We work in them. Live in them. Play in them. But they also account for 48 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions, suck up 76 percent of the electricity we produce, and on average, stay in continuous use for 75 years. But a new, "green" generation of builders, scientists, architects and designers are rethinking how we build. Their revolutionary approach to sustainable building environments and intelligent, eco-friendly architecture, is transforming the way we live, and may just hold the key to saving our planet...

Series: 1

Edit: Turns out its on in 5 minutes also, so series 1 doesn't start on the 29th after all
Last edited by Chappo on Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete_Paranoid

I don't have a TV, but occasionally I'll watch television at my parent's place!

Always thought this was good.
flashfire

jaimz wrote :
simon wrote :

After finally catching an episode I now get this in-joke... eh Tom? lol
doofboy

'dexter' - for blood (even though i hate blood)
'house' - for hospital drama without blood - hate blood)
'the inbetweeners' - for laughter
'peep show' - for even more laughter
'ideal' - for drugs and laughter
'the league of gentlemen' - classic all time favorite dark laughter
and lastly 'Oz' for making me want to go to jail even less.
47 posts Page 2 of 2