A very short statement about Jesus

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
26 posts Page 1 of 2
FactorusTenInfinity

As the Son of God the Savior possesses divine wisdom, but as God He also possesses a divine knowledge of both the temporal and the heavens. Christ lives in the feelings of the eternally divine Father and upon His believers is bestowed a degree of glory that reflects their similitude to him.
Last edited by FactorusTenInfinity on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
herbsandspices

perhaps similitude could have been replaced with the less archaic 'similarity'.
MotherShabubu

herbsandspices wrote :

Pfft, subordinately obfuscatory operandi in the process of imparting ideological theorems or empirical hypotheses! You obviously comprehend little of the nature of philosophy. If you say it too simply then anyone can tell it's a pile of shit.
FactorusTenInfinity

herbsandspices wrote :

I have my style.
venatrix

FactorusTenInfinity wrote :
I have my style.

I know your 'style'. It's fucked. You have two options: fuck everyone in your life over, or make restitution and do something that rewards everyone. So far you have chosen the wrong option. Get back to me when you decide to take the right one.
FactorusTenInfinity

Tool.
venatrix

Sorry dude, but it really hurts to watch someone in a bad place who keeps doing the one thing that ensures they stay there. No one can force you to change, but it's really disappointing that you are happy to stay where you are. Do it for yourself. Please try to realise that you really are worth it.
tract

FactorusTenInfinity wrote :
I have my style.

and you have your substance.
FactorusTenInfinity

I'm not a fiend.
Pete_Paranoid

Pete_Paranoid wrote :

It is very frustrating to be an Atheist. I see Atheism as the scientific version of Buddhism. They are very similar philosophies. Ironically, many Christians treat Atheists as the Romans did treat Jesus in this film. As sub-human, uncivilised and soulless, with no forgiveness for their differences. Atheists have a translation heaven and hell too, however it is a scientific one as is it is their place in history (karma). Atheism can work in conjunction with a lot of other religions, many people fear Atheism is about "wiping out" other religions, and have taken Dr Richard Dawkins words out of context, manipulated them, or misunderstood them. Dr Dawkins knows this.

Both Atheism and Buddhism are minorities which have an authoritarian majority that wants to kill them simply for their beliefs.

ionized

Pete_Paranoid wrote :

It is very frustrating to be an Atheist. I see Atheism as the scientific version of Buddhism. They are very similar philosophies.

Fuck no. :(
Pete_Paranoid

ionized wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :

It is very frustrating to be an Atheist. I see Atheism as the scientific version of Buddhism. They are very similar philosophies.

synthz

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Both Atheism and Buddhism are minorities which have an authoritarian majority that wants to kill them simply for their beliefs.
ionized

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
ionized wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :

Pete_Paranoid

"Queensland lawyer Alex Stewart smokes pages from the Koran and Bible "

kayhat

"Australiens" and "crazy religious stuff" have become synonymous terms in psytrance forums! :lol:
itchytriggerniggerfingers

kayhat wrote :
"kayhat" and "crazy stuff" have become synonymous terms in psytrance forums! :lol:

fixt :mrgreen:
venatrix

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
kayhat wrote :
"kayhat" and "crazy stuff" have become synonymous terms in psytrance forums! :lol:

fixt :mrgreen:

I am detecting large amounts of win in this sector :trip:
Hammer of Heretics

The Son of God is God; co-eternal and co-equal to God the Father. He is Infinite, Absolute, Beginningless Truth, Love, Beauty, Life, Bliss. God the Son - the Word of God has the same essence, the same nature, the same infinite perfections as the Father. The only difference is in oppositions of relation, i.e, only the Father has paternity, the Son has filiation and the Holy Spirit proceeds by active spiration from the Father and the Son. And likewise the Holy Spirit is equal and the same in nature and essence with the Father & the Son except in opposition of relation. these relations are relative but each of the Three Divine Persons are ONE GOD without difference or separation. This is God - the Most Holy Trinity.

The Father is not before the Son, neither is the Holy Spirit after the Father and the Son. The Blessed Trinity is the One Eternal Godhead. Who created the universe out of nothing. Everything was created through the Son.

The Father is a principle without a principle, the Son is a principle with a principle (the Father), the Holy Ghost is a principle with a principle (the Father and the Son). Yet one is not before the other for they are One Godhead, co-equal and co-eternal in perfection and divine majesty.

The Son or Word of God incarnated and assumed a human nature (The Blessed Trinity created His human soul) in the immaculate womb of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Word was made flesh, yet still is the infinite Word of God, with a human nature (rational soul and flesh) hypostatically unite to the Word of God.

Lord Jesus Christ is true God and true man. The Son of God is God; God from God, Light from Light, yet not two but one Godhead. He is the Wisdom of the Father's substance. He is Truth. He is Master and model of all perfection. He the Lord of all creation, and is infinitely worthy of being loved. Jesus Christ is Our Divine Lord, Who offered Himself as a holy sacrifice making infinite atonement and reparation for the sin of Adam and our actual mortal sins, meriting for us redemption and salvation. He ransomed us from Satan and his empire of darkness, saving us from eternal perdition if we should but choose, love and obey Him in truth, in humility. He died for you, so that you may have Life (sanctifying grace).
"I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No man cometh to the Father, but by Me." (Jn. 14:6). "Neither is there salvation in any other. For there is no other name under heaven given to men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

Lord Jesus Christ is the Word of God assuming a human form. Lord Jesus Christ is God. He is our Creator, Redeemer and our Judge.

The Athanasian Creed
(361 A.D)
Whoever will be saved must, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith. Which Faith, except everyone do keep entire and inviolate, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.

Now the Catholic Faith is this, that we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity. Neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the substance. For there is one person of the Father, another of the Son, another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost, is all one; the glory equal, the majesty coeternal.

Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father uncreated, the Son uncreated, the Holy Ghost uncreated. The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, the Holy Ghost incomprehensible. The Father eternal, the Son eternal, the Holy Ghost eternal. And yet there are not three eternal beings, but one Eternal. As also there are not three uncreated beings, nor three incomprehensibles; but one uncreated, and one incomprehensible. In like manner, the Father is Almighty, the Son Almighty, and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet there are not three almighties, but one Almighty. So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet there are not three gods, but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son is Lord, and the Holy Ghost is Lord. And yet there are not three lords, but one Lord.

For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person [of the Blessed Trinity] by Himself to be God and Lord: So we are forbidden by Catholic Religion to say that there are three gods or three lords.

The Father is made of none [He is a principle without a principle], neither created, nor begotten. The Son is from the Father alone [He is a principle from a principle], not made, nor created but begotten. The Holy Ghost is from the Father and the Son [He is a principle from a principle], not made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.

So there is one Father, not three fathers; one Son, not three sons; one Holy Ghost, not three holy ghosts.

And in this Trinity there is nothing before or after, nothing greater or less; but the whole three Persons are coeternal together, and coequal. so that in all things, as is aforesaid, the Unity is worshipped in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity.

He, therefore, that will be saved, must think thus of the Trinity.

Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also believe rightly the Incarnation of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Now the right faith is, that we believe and confess that Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is both God and man. He is God of the substance of His Father, begotten before the world; and He is man of the substance of His Mother [conceived by God the Holy Spirit, in the immaculate womb of the Blessed Virgin Mary], born in the world: Perfect God and perfect man; of a reasonable soul and flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father according to His Godhead; and less than the Father according to His manhood. Who, although He is both God and man, yet He is not two but one Christ [He is but one Person - God the Son - the Word of God]: One not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh, but by taking of the manhood unto God [His human body and soul hypostatically united to the Word of God]: One altogether, not by confusion of substance, but unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and the flesh is one man, so God and man is one Christ [the incarnate Word of God].

Who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell, rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, He sitteth at the right hand of God the Father almighty, from whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men shall rise again with their bodies [at the General Resurrection], and shall give an account of their own works.

And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting: and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire.

This is the Catholic Faith, which except a man believe faithfully and steadfastly [and live accordingly], he can not be saved.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be; world without end. Amen

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him: and without Him was made nothing that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to give testimony of the Light, that all men might believe through him. He was not the Light, but was to give testimony of the Light. That was the true Light, which enlighteneth every man that cometh into this world. He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.

He came unto His own, and His own received Him not. But as many as received Him, He gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in His Name. Who are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we saw His glory, the glory as it were of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
(Jn. 1-14)

Outside the Holy Catholic Church - the Mystical Body of Christ - there is no salvation, and no hope.
Last edited by Hammer of Heretics on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete_Paranoid

ghey.
Random Guy

Wade your a tosser.....

I hope i see you at a doof sometime in the future so i can throw rocks at you...

You cunt
Hammer of Heretics

Jesus is God taking upon Himself a human nature yet still is fully the infinite Divine Word, for the Person of Jesus is the Son of God; He has two natures, yet is one Person, the second Person of the Blessed Trinity. He is true God and true man, the one Christ.

O Christ Jesus, I acknowledge Thee as universal King. All that has been made has been created for Thee. Exercise over me all Thy rights. I renew my baptismal promises; I renounce Satan, his pomps and his works, and I promise to live a good Christian life; in particular I pledge myself to labour to the best of my ability for triumph of the rights of God and of Thy Church. Amen
FactorusTenInfinity

Hammer of Heretics wrote :
Jesus is God taking upon Himself a human nature yet still is fully the infinite Divine Word, for the Person of Jesus is the Son of God; He has two natures, yet is one Person, the second Person of the Blessed Trinity. He is true God and true man, the one Christ.

This passage is only marginally sufficient. The first statement could be improved such as:

In His complete perfection Christ possesses both the worldly nature of a man and the divine nature of God, and as such He is the perfect embodiment of the Divine Living Word.
Grand Inquisitor

And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to His disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. This is My body. And taking the chalice, He gave thanks, and gave to them, saying: Drink ye all of this. For this is My blood of the new testament, which shall be shed for many unto remission of sins. And I say to you, I will not drink from henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I shall drink it with you new in the Kingdom of My Father. And a hymn being said, they went out unto mount Olivet.

Then Jesus said to them: All you shall be scandalized in me this night. For it is written: I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be dispersed. But after I shall be risen again, I will go before you into Galilee. And Peter answering, said to him: Although all shall be scandalized in thee, I will never be scandalized. Jesus said to him: Amen I say to thee, that in this night before the cock crow, thou wilt deny me thrice. Peter saith to him: Yea, though I should die with thee, I will not deny thee. And in like manner said all the disciples. (Matt. 26:26-35)

And going out, he went, according to his custom, to the mount of Olives. And his disciples also followed him. And when he was come to the place, he said to them: Pray, lest ye enter into temptation.

And he was withdrawn away from them a stone's cast; and kneeling down, he prayed, Saying: Father, if thou wilt, remove this chalice from me: but yet not my will, but thine be done. And there appeared to him an angel from heaven, strengthening him. And being in an agony, he prayed the longer. And his sweat became as drops of blood, trickling down upon the ground. And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow.

And he said to them: Why sleep you? arise, pray, lest you enter into temptation. As he was yet speaking, behold a multitude; and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them, and drew near to Jesus, for to kiss him. And Jesus said to him: Judas, dost thou betray the Son of man with a kiss? And they that were about him, seeing what would follow, said to him: Lord, shall we strike with the sword? And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.

But Jesus answering, said: Suffer ye thus far. And when he had touched his ear, he healed him. [Then Jesus saith to him: Put up again thy sword into its place: for all that take the sword shall perish with the sword. Thinkest thou that I cannot ask my Father, and he will give me presently more than twelve legions of angels? How then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that so it must be done? (Matt. 26:52-54)] And Jesus said to the chief priests, and magistrates of the temple, and the ancients, that were come unto him: Are ye come out, as it were against a thief, with swords and clubs? When I was daily with you in the temple, you did not stretch forth your hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness. And apprehending him, they led him to the high priest's house. But Peter followed afar off. And when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the hall, and were sitting about it, Peter was in the midst of them.

Whom when a certain servant maid had seen sitting at the light, and had earnestly beheld him, she said: This man also was with him. But he denied him, saying: Woman, I know him not. And after a little while, another seeing him, said: Thou also art one of them. But Peter said: O man, I am not. And after the space, as it were of one hour, another certain man affirmed, saying: Of a truth, this man was also with him; for he is also a Galilean. And Peter said: Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, as he was yet speaking, the cock crew.

And the Lord turning looked on Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, as he had said: Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And Peter going out, wept bitterly. And the men that held him, mocked him, and struck him. And they blindfolded him, and smote his face. And they asked him, saying: Prophesy, who is it that struck thee? And blaspheming, many other things they said against him.

And as soon as it was day, the ancients of the people, and the chief priests and scribes, came together; and they brought him into their council, saying: If thou be the Christ, tell us. And he saith to them: If I shall tell you, you will not believe me. And if I shall also ask you, you will not answer me, nor let me go. But hereafter the Son of man shall be sitting on the right hand of the power of God. Then said they all: Art thou then the Son of God? (Lk. 22:39-70)[Jesus saith to him: Thou hast said it. Nevertheless I say to you, hereafter you shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of the power of God, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Then the high priests rent his garments, saying: He hath blasphemed; what further need have we of witnesses? Behold, now you have heard the blasphemy: (Matt:26:64-65)]

[Then Judas, who betrayed him, seeing that he was condemned, repenting himself, brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and ancients, Saying: I have sinned in betraying innocent blood. But they said: What is that to us? look thou to it. And casting down the pieces of silver in the temple, he departed: and went and hanged himself with an halter. (Matt. 27:3-5)]

And the whole multitude of them rising up, led him to Pilate. And they began to accuse him, saying: We have found this man perverting our nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, and saying that he is Christ the king. And Pilate asked him, saying: Art thou the king of the Jews? But he answering, said: Thou sayest it. And Pilate said to the chief priests and to the multitudes: I find no cause in this man. But they were more earnest, saying: He stirreth up the people, teaching throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee to this place.

But Pilate hearing Galilee, asked if the man were of Galilee? And when he understood that he was of Herod's jurisdiction, he sent him away to Herod, who was also himself at Jerusalem, in those days. And Herod, seeing Jesus, was very glad; for he was desirous of a long time to see him, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to see some sign wrought by him. And he questioned him in many words. But he answered him nothing. And the chief priests and the scribes stood by, earnestly accusing him.

And Herod with his army set him at nought, and mocked him, putting on him a white garment, and sent him back to Pilate. And Herod and Pilate were made friends, that same day; for before they were enemies one to another. And Pilate, calling together the chief priests, and the magistrates, and the people, Said to them: You have presented unto me this man, as one that perverteth the people; and behold I, having examined him before you, find no cause in this man, in those things wherein you accuse him. No, nor Herod neither. For I sent you to him, and behold, nothing worthy of death is done to him.

I will chastise him therefore, and release him. Now of necessity he was to release unto them one upon the feast day. But the whole multitude together cried out, saying: Away with this man, and release unto us Barabbas: Who, for a certain sedition made in the city, and for a murder, was cast into prison. And Pilate again spoke to them, desiring to release Jesus.

But they cried again, saying: Crucify him, crucify him. And he said to them the third time: Why, what evil hath this man done? I find no cause of death in him. I will chastise him therefore, and let him go. But they were instant with loud voices, requiring that he might be crucified; and their voices prevailed. And Pilate gave sentence that it should be as they required. And he released unto them him who for murder and sedition, had been cast into prison, whom they had desired; but Jesus he delivered up to their will.

[Then he released to them Barabbas, and having scourged Jesus, delivered him unto them to be crucified. Then the soldiers of the governor taking Jesus into the hall, gathered together unto him the whole band; And stripping him, they put a scarlet cloak about him. And platting a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand. And bowing the knee before him, they mocked him, saying: Hail, king of the Jews. And spitting upon him, they took the reed, and struck his head.

And after they had mocked him, they took off the cloak from him, and put on him his own garments, and led him away to crucify him. (Matt. 27:26-31)]

[And bearing his own cross, he went forth to that place which is called Calvary, but in Hebrew Golgotha. (Jn. 19:17)]

And as they led him away, they laid hold of one Simon of Cyrene, coming from the country; and they laid the cross on him to carry after Jesus. And there followed him a great multitude of people, and of women, who bewailed and lamented him. But Jesus turning to them, said: Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not over me; but weep for yourselves, and for your children. For behold, the days shall come, wherein they will say: Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that have not borne, and the paps that have not given suck. Then shall they begin to say to the mountains: Fall upon us; and to the hills: Cover us.

For if in the green wood they do these things, what shall be done in the dry? And there were also two other malefactors led with him to be put to death. And when they were come to the place which is called Calvary, they crucified him there; and the robbers, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. And Jesus said: Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. But they, dividing his garments, cast lots. And the people stood beholding, and the rulers with them derided him, saying: He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the elect of God.

And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar, And saying: If thou be the king of the Jews, save thyself. And there was also a superscription written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. And one of those robbers who were hanged, blasphemed him, saying: If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. But the other answering, rebuked him, saying: Neither dost thou fear God, seeing thou art condemned under the same condemnation?

And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this man hath done no evil. And he said to Jesus: Lord, remember me when thou shalt come into thy kingdom. And Jesus said to him: Amen I say to thee, this day thou shalt be with me in paradise. [And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying: Eli, Eli, lamma sabacthani? that is, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? (Matt. 27:46)] And it was almost the sixth hour; and there was darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. And the sun was darkened...

And Jesus crying out with a loud voice, said: Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit. And saying this, he gave up the ghost. Now the centurion, seeing what was done, glorified God, saying: Indeed this was a just man. [And behold the veil of the temple was rent in two from the top even to the bottom, and the earth quaked, and the rocks were rent. And the graves were opened: and many bodies of the saints that had slept arose, And coming out of the tombs after his resurrection, came into the holy city, and appeared to many. Now the centurion and they that were with him watching Jesus, having seen the earthquake, and the things that were done, were sore afraid, saying: Indeed this was the Son of God (Matt. 27:51-54). And all the multitude of them that were come together to that sight, and saw the things that were done, returned striking their breasts. And all his acquaintance, and the women that had followed him from Galilee, stood afar off, beholding these things. And behold there was a man named Joseph, who was a counsellor, a good and just man,

(The same had not consented to their counsel and doings;) of Arimathea, a city of Judea; who also himself looked for the kingdom of God. This man went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. And taking him down, he wrapped him in fine linen, and laid him in a sepulchre that was hewed in stone, wherein never yet any man had been laid. And it was the day of the Parasceve, and the sabbath drew on. And the women that were come with him from Galilee, following after, saw the sepulchre, and how his body was laid. (Lk. 23:1-55)

And returning, they prepared spices and ointments; and on the sabbath day they rested, according to the commandment.

And on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came to the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared. [And... when it began to dawn towards the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalen and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre. And behold there was a great earthquake. For an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and coming, rolled back the stone, and sat upon it. And his countenance was as lightning, and his raiment as snow. And for fear of him, the guards were struck with terror, and became as dead men. And the angel answering, said to the women: Fear not you; for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified.

He is not here, for he is risen, as he said. Come, and see the place where the Lord was laid. (Matt. 28:1-6)]

And going in, they found not the body of the Lord Jesus. And it came to pass, as they were astonished in their mind at this, behold, two men stood by them, in shining apparel. And as they were afraid, and bowed down their countenance towards the ground, they said unto them: Why seek you the living with the dead?

He is not here, but is risen. Remember how he spoke unto you, when he was in Galilee, Saying: The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. And they remembered his words. And going back from the sepulchre, they told all these things to the eleven, and to all the rest. And it was Mary Magdalen, and Joanna, and Mary of James, and the other women that were with them, who told these things to the apostles.

And these words seemed to them as idle tales; and they did not believe them. But Peter rising up, ran to the sepulchre, and stooping down, he saw the linen cloths laid by themselves; and went away wondering in himself at that which was come to pass. And behold, two of them went, the same day, to a town which was sixty furlongs from Jerusalem, named Emmaus. And they talked together of all these things which had happened. And it came to pass, that while they talked and reasoned with themselves, Jesus himself also drawing near, went with them.

But their eyes were held, that they should not know him. And he said to them: What are these discourses that you hold one with another as you walk, and are sad? And the one of them, whose name was Cleophas, answering, said to him: Art thou only a stranger to Jerusalem, and hast not known the things that have been done there in these days? To whom he said: What things? And they said: Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, who was a prophet, mighty in work and word before God and all the people; And how our chief priests and princes delivered him to be condemned to death, and crucified him.

But we hoped, that it was he that should have redeemed Israel: and now besides all this, today is the third day since these things were done. Yea and certain women also of our company affrighted us, who before it was light, were at the sepulchre, And not finding his body, came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, who say that he is alive. And some of our people went to the sepulchre, and found it so as the women had said, but him they found not. Then he said to them: O foolish, and slow of heart to believe in all things which the prophets have spoken.

Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and so to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded to them in all the scriptures, the things that were concerning him. And they drew nigh to the town, whither they were going: and he made as though he would go farther. But they constrained him; saying: Stay with us, because it is towards evening, and the day is now far spent. And he went in with them. And it came to pass, whilst he was at table with them, he took bread, and blessed, and brake, and gave to them.

And their eyes were opened, and they knew him: and he vanished out of their sight. And they said one to the other: Was not our heart burning within us, whilst he spoke in this way, and opened to us the scriptures? And rising up, the same hour, they went back to Jerusalem: and they found the eleven gathered together, and those that were staying with them, Saying: The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon. And they told what things were done in the way; and how they knew him in the breaking of the bread.

Now whilst they were speaking these things, Jesus stood in the midst of them, and saith to them: Peace be to you; it is I, fear not. But they being troubled and frightened, supposed that they saw a spirit. And he said to them: Why are you troubled, and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? See my hands and feet, that it is I myself; handle, and see: for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as you see me to have. And when he had said this, he shewed them his hands and feet.

But while they yet believed not, and wondered for joy, he said: Have you any thing to eat? And they offered him a piece of a broiled fish, and a honeycomb. And when he had eaten before them, taking the remains, he gave to them. And he said to them: These are the words which I spoke to you, while I was yet with you, that all things must needs be fulfilled, which are written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then he opened their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures.

And he said to them: Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise again from the dead, the third day: And that penance and remission of sins should be preached in his name, unto all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And you are witnesses of these things. And I send the promise of my Father upon you: but stay you in the city till you be endued with power from on high. And he led them out as far as Bethania: and lifting up his hands, he blessed them.

[And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world. (Matt. 28:18-20)]

And it came to pass, whilst he blessed them, he departed from them, and was carried up to heaven. And they adoring went back into Jerusalem with great joy. And they were always in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen. (Lk 24:1-53)

FactorusTenInfinity

Gee, thanks for the sermon.
26 posts Page 1 of 2