ATTN Admin: A suggestion.

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
22 posts Page 1 of 1
BigSpoon

Disable youtube embedding. Then Pete might leave or post less, allowing for relevant discussion to flow without interruption and thread hi-jacks. I feel this would stimulate a healthier atmosphere and might attract more people back to the forums.

This would potentially fix one of a few issues...

As the forum is, there seems to be 2 negative posts for every good one. Its not a particularly pleasant place to come for a community of doofers.

And while no one likes Authority and policing, perhaps the admin or mods could actually do a bit to try and keep this place feeling more friendly and less whiny. I don't see why we should all allow so much negative nonsense to bring this place down.

Anyway, this is just my $0.05. I don't really care that much about this, because if it doesn't improve soon I'll just stick to facebook for party and music info and discussion. It just seems like at the moment, this forum is a waste of a good thing that has potential to be a much greater and nicer place.

Ta.
BigSpoon

Oh and pete isn't the only problem. Sorry to you pete if it seemed like this was just a jab at you. Wasn't intended to come across like that.

Pete is fine, his constant interruptions and negative opinions are not.
rollyz

I dont see any problem with the youtube shit.... at first i would watch, but I could not understand what Pete was trying to convey... now I just dont click the links. I guess others are more in tune with it so i see no need to get rid of it.
simon

just add the fuckers to your foe list.
tract

BigSpoon wrote :
Disable youtube embedding. Then Pete might leave or post less, allowing for relevant discussion to flow without interruption and thread hi-jacks. I feel this would stimulate a healthier atmosphere and might attract more people back to the forums.

This would potentially fix one of a few issues...

As the forum is, there seems to be 2 negative posts for every good one. Its not a particularly pleasant place to come for a community of doofers.

And while no one likes Authority and policing, perhaps the admin or mods could actually do a bit to try and keep this place feeling more friendly and less whiny. I don't see why we should all allow so much negative nonsense to bring this place down.

Anyway, this is just my $0.05. I don't really care that much about this, because if it doesn't improve soon I'll just stick to facebook for party and music info and discussion. It just seems like at the moment, this forum is a waste of a good thing that has potential to be a much greater and nicer place.

Ta.

Stop crying like a little fucking (sub) bitch.

If you are too painfully stupid to ignore posts that you do not like there is an existing function within the forum software to mask users whose posts you choose not to read. Simon has already pointed this out; if you had an iota of sense you would have read then implemented his suggestion and consequently deleted this thread.

Idiot.
BigSpoon

This is half of what I'm talking about.

This forum is loaded with holier than thou aggressive behavior and whining (yes I understand my thread falls into this. Gotta join 'em to beat 'em I guess.)

All this shit is simply tolerated, so it continues to flourish. This community just doesn't seem to be nearly as nice as it did 2 or so years ago. As i said in another thread, I see nicer discussions on facebook ffs.

I see very little constructive discussion amongst a world of complaints, bitchiness and slander.

I get this is an internet forum and thats to be expected, but to what extent? Especially in a forum related to doofing and music...

I wasn't aware this forum used the friend or foe feature (most don't because its stupid and it generally encourages segregation and 'sides'), and to be frank, I don't really care if it does. My point is that it shouldn't NEED such a feature.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

Suck it up princess :mrgreen:
BigSpoon

Its allowed to be serious, I just don't think it should be loaded with cunts and negative behavior. :mrgreen:

BigSpoon wrote :
Its allowed to be serious, I just don't think it should be loaded with cunts and negative behavior. :mrgreen:

If you go back & read some of the history (2005-2008), you'll soon work out how it eventuated.
Dominic

I've decided to do my bit to make everyone a little happier: no more religious posts unless required (which will probably be never). Also note the name change from "Impious" to something a little more suitable. :thumb:
Pete_Paranoid

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
BigSpoon wrote :

If you go back & read some of the history (2005-2008), you'll soon work out how it eventuated.

DSS = the D'n'B Taliban
Freedom fighters or terrorists?
Badgerman/2nd17th/Spotty household are turning the scene into just another cheesy rave!

Where is the love?
Pete_Paranoid

I do not want to be told how to communicate by people who cannot communicate with a Park Ranger.

Breaking and entering private property is wrong, clearly! Whether it is one person or one hundred, it is only your arrogance that has blinded you to this. When a Police helicopter is circling the building something should trigger inside a decent caring human.
Complaisantly is not consent!

If Gen X is the video generation the Gen Y is the internet generation.

PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR TELEVISION SET!
Pete_Paranoid

Pete_Paranoid

mrbadgerman

Pete_Paranoid wrote :

DSS = the D'n'B Taliban
Badgerman/2nd17th/Spotty household are turning the scene into just another cheesy rave!

Where is the love?

Go and fuck yourself, because no one else ever will......................................................... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

If you had your way no one over 30 would be allowed into parties and all women would have to be wearing lingerie hand feeding you grapes off a gold platter.....

Learn when to die............
Pete_Paranoid

As for Dragon Dreaming, I was mainly reiterating what was said to us at the crew meeting. Which to my memory, they still failed to comply!

A D.A. is not an excuse to run wild, you have to do the work!
It's funny how focus of parties is to do something so we won't get in trouble rather that because it is the right thing to do!

edit:spell
Last edited by Pete_Paranoid on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete_Paranoid

mrbadgerman wrote :
Pete_Paranoid wrote :

DSS = the D'n'B Taliban

Where is the love?

Go and fuck yourself, because no one else ever will......................................................... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

If you had your way no one over 30 would be allowed into parties and all women would have to be wearing lingerie hand feeding you grapes off a gold platter.....

Learn when to die............

Sorry that postion has been filled, there is only room for one lying cunt in the Sydney scene, and that is Lui! :twisted: (Hello shithead, remember me?)
VJ DAMAGE

hmmm, disappointing every time I visit.

Oh well, a Shpongle, live, show was announced today, at the Enmore. First time the full show has been here. Thought that would have been big news.

But I guess this place isn't about psy anyone.

Attn admin - come back!

VJ DAMAGE wrote :
Oh well, a Shpongle, live, show was announced today, at the Enmore. First time the full show has been here. Thought that would have been big news.

tickets on sale tomorrow 8)

VJ DAMAGE wrote :
Attn admin - come back!

Here here :D
Bouncybill

Triple Lol :)

And go back and read the history (2005 -2008)!?! HA, Imagine what that would do to a person.

"You weren't there man! You'll never understand what its like to cradle your bullet riddled buddy while he screams for his mum and shits himself! Charlie everywhere, fire raining out of the sky, mortars landing metres from you BOOM FLASH!!!! Oh the Horror".

That is my recollection of this site circa 2005-2008.

And no, there should not be any moderation or policing of any kind. Except when someone tries to plug a 'trance' event. Fuckers.

This place'll put hairs on your brain. Like it or lump it

Long live teh free internet!
~Wicked Angel~

I'm with bigspoon... its such a shame to see a website that was really all about community, fun and a bit of a RESPECTFUL chat and bantering going on within the psy online tribe when i first jpined here to turn into such a cock measuring rude and arrogant place to be at... oh sorry, was this thread too old to bump? I'm just catching up a little as I don't actually like to visit here as much as I used to (kinda goes with what bigspoon is on about too) so my aplogies if there are newer threads to bitch at each other about and put each other down... yeah ignoring is fine but the crap is still here and i won't get that couple of minutes back of my time that I wasted and it doesnt give the best example of doofers... not the ones i know anyway... or maybe thats changed too? who knows....
Jacthono3

22 posts Page 1 of 1