I was planning to become a full and proper Catholic but...

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
45 posts Page 2 of 2
Dominic

venatrix wrote :
Dominic wrote :
What offends me most however is that in your mind my story is nothing more than one of squandered potential. Open your eyes a little wider and you might catch a glimpse of the fact it's really one of successful triumph against all odds.

No it's not. My life is a triumph of success against all odds. Yours is the story of the boy who sat on his arse for years and years smoking crack and fuck all else.

Is it really too much to ask to stop getting high, take your medication every day, and tell your doctors the truth?

With the aid of my almighty machine of a mind I spent 6 or 7 years fighting my way out of the most maddening endless mental hell to take my place at the left hand of the Lord whose throne I am now invited to share. If you think any achievement in your life ranks anywhere near that you're completely deluded.
herbsandspices

these almonds may contain traces of nuts.
venatrix

Dominic wrote :
With the aid of my almighty machine of a mind I spent 6 or 7 years fighting my way out of the most maddening endless mental hell to take my place at the left hand of the Lord whose throne I am now invited to share. If you think any achievement in your life ranks anywhere near that you're completely deluded.

Hmm let's see...

I also spent the last 6 or 7 years overcoming my own maddening endless mental hell, only I managed to get 2 degrees, a job, and my sanity as well.

You're still talking to Jesus.

Yep, I'm definitely the deluded one.
Dominic

Your perdition was nothing compared to mine. Niether your achievement.
venatrix

Dominic wrote :

0-rly?
mrbadgerman

Dominic wrote :

HAVE FUN BEING DECOMPOSSED BY WORMS FOR YOUR WHOLE LIFE OF SACRAFRICE

Give me a degree over god anyday.....
bobret the hobret

Dominic wrote :
...unfortunately for me I've been sent something highly infernal. Amongst other things, my Dad has just been admitted to hospital with appendicitis. My life has a tendency to be rather difficult- I have to take medication, zoloft, respiridone... You may have noticed that I'm quite like a Son of Man, but my faith has been shaken somewhat and I have decided not to officially convert until it's completely strong again. Perhaps this is a test from God- I am starting to feel like Job...

so much for your love of nitchze ey? LOL!
herbsandspices

On a recent roadtrip from Prague to Lisbon I listened to a book tape on Nietzsche, narrated by Charlton Heston.

MotherShabubu nearly got all disapproving on me when I told him in Portugal what I had done. Until I told him that it was narrated by Charton Heston, then he told me that was OK then. I was relieved.
MotherShabubu

herbsandspices wrote :
On a recent roadtrip from Prague to Lisbon I listened to a book tape on Nietzsche, narrated by Charlton Heston.

MotherShabubu nearly got all disapproving on me when I told him in Portugal what I had done. Until I told him that it was narrated by Charton Heston, then he told me that was OK then. I was relieved.

No dissaproval, just lack of understanding. I respect your choice to enjoy and identify with any garbage philosophy you want (though Nietzsche is only borderline garbage for me and it's largely guilt by association, if bullshit post-modernists didn't like him I probably wouldn't have so much of a problem with him). I just couldn't see the enjoyment personally; until I was informed it was by Charlton Heston. If it was Derrida (even narrated by Mr T) then there would have been a real problem. Though, hmm, 'I pity the fool who thinks philosophy gives absolute truth'.
ionized

judgefudge101

the last thing a schizophrenic or psychotic man needs is another voice in his head that he can say is justified because it is the word of a higher being. in this case you speak of god and christianity. hasnt history taught you fuckers anything? relegion causes nothing but bias and massacre and a misinformed opinion on life. your fucking retarded if you believe in a talking snake. its truly that simple. dont listen to anything anyone says about not being on the medication. for the love of jebus stay on the medication, relegions the thing you need to go cold turkey on. because all it does is provide excuses. stupid excuses like instead of getting help, you go to a priest, that aint help.

but no doubt your probably reading this and not really reading it, just preparing your witty retort so you can make it seem all ok that your a nutter with a hard on for christ.
sorry to offend, but ive known someone who killed himself in "jesus's name" so excuse me if i lose my shit when i see someone wining on about the exact same shit. you sound just like him, does that comfort you? that youve sunk to that level? itd be awesome if you actually took some of the really good advice your getting here on this thread, but you wont, because lets be frank its an internet forum.
your parents, friends, even the fucking cops, all want to help you apparently, stop asking the internet for help, thats just plain dumb.
ALEXUP

good post

judgefudge101 wrote :
the last thing a schizophrenic or psychotic man needs is another voice in his head that he can say is justified because it is the word of a higher being. in this case you speak of god and christianity. hasnt history taught you fuckers anything? relegion causes nothing but bias and massacre and a misinformed opinion on life. your fucking retarded if you believe in a talking snake. its truly that simple. dont listen to anything anyone says about not being on the medication. for the love of jebus stay on the medication, relegions the thing you need to go cold turkey on. because all it does is provide excuses. stupid excuses like instead of getting help, you go to a priest, that aint help.

but no doubt your probably reading this and not really reading it, just preparing your witty retort so you can make it seem all ok that your a nutter with a hard on for christ.
sorry to offend, but ive known someone who killed himself in "jesus's name" so excuse me if i lose my shit when i see someone wining on about the exact same shit. you sound just like him, does that comfort you? that youve sunk to that level? itd be awesome if you actually took some of the really good advice your getting here on this thread, but you wont, because lets be frank its an internet forum.
your parents, friends, even the fucking cops, all want to help you apparently, stop asking the internet for help, thats just plain dumb.
ionized

herbsandspices wrote :

I have a nice collection of audio books including Descartes, Lao Tzu, and even Dicky Dawkins for my trip through Nepal and India. Trying to cobble together a mish mash of spiritual and atheistic commentary, reckon it will compare well to the religious melting pot. There's nothing better than listening to or reading contrasting views. Sounds like Shaboo was tryin' to start some shit :wink:
venatrix

herbsandspices wrote :

That's awesome! Man I miss books on tape. My clever parents used to send me to bed with them in a little walkman to avoid having to spend hours reading to me at night yet still fulfill their parental obligation to not raise me a completely illiterate fucking retard.

I presume you were listening to it out of curiosity, and not because you thought it would deliver some incredible revelation or secret of happiness.
tract

ionized wrote :
I have a nice collection of audio books including Descartes, Lao Tzu, and even Dicky Dawkins for my trip through Nepal and India. Trying to cobble together a mish mash of spiritual and atheistic commentary, reckon it will compare well to the religious melting pot. There's nothing better than listening to or reading contrasting views. Sounds like Shaboo was tryin' to start some shit :wink:

Let's hope you lose some weight on your trip fat boy.

ionized

I wasn't talking to you dickwad.
herbsandspices

venatrix wrote :
I presume you were listening to it out of curiosity, and not because you thought it would deliver some incredible revelation or secret of happiness.

Oh no, I was certain that it would bring enlightenment. That's also why I read Men are From Mars , The Secret and The Rules (to snare me a great man) too. So yeah, I didn't find truth, beauty and happiness in a book tape narrated by charton heston, but I find get a new level of enthusiasm for gun ownership.

Actually, it was at the bottom of the pile. Well after John Steakley's Armour, and even the Golden Compass on booktape. I only put it on during this 4 day journey when Mrs Herbs was all like "why you play the fuck psy trance all of day!" and "I want to make murder this GPS talking bitch, fucking wrong way turn around, bullshits!"
venatrix

herbsandspices wrote :
Oh no, I was certain that it would bring enlightenment. That's also why I read Men are From Mars , The Secret and The Rules (to snare me a great man) too. So yeah, I didn't find truth, beauty and happiness in a book tape narrated by charton heston, but I find get a new level of enthusiasm for gun ownership.

Actually, it was at the bottom of the pile. Well after John Steakley's Armour, and even the Golden Compass on booktape. I only put it on during this 4 day journey when Mrs Herbs was all like "why you play the fuck psy trance all of day!" and "I want to make murder this GPS talking bitch, fucking wrong way turn around, bullshits!"

venatrix likes this :thumb:
tract

ionized wrote :
I wasn't talking to you dickwad.

rofl, trolled...off to der Hundehaus with you.
45 posts Page 2 of 2