One can still be into Psytrance & Doofing and be Catholic

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
85 posts Page 4 of 4
venatrix

But what happens after you have used up all of the 15 smart-sounding words you know in two sentences?
itchytriggerniggerfingers

ATREYU wrote :
All these religious people fighting about whose god is "the one true god/ religion" are not understanding there own sacred teachings which are all the same at their core.

Forget sacred teachings. That's not what religion is interested in teaching to the masses. Religious fundamentalists assume their god has a bigger dick than the other gods. Simple as that :mrgreen:
kayhat

Grand Inquisitor wrote :
ATREYU wrote :
Define "God" Plz.

GOD - THE ONE SUBSISTENT BEING

The supreme fact naturally known to man is that the ultimate reality is a self-subsistent Being. We realize that there is a Reality, a Father of all being that is altogether uncaused; that this Reality is beginningless and eternal, which exists of Itself. This ultimate blah blah blah....

Here was poor lil simple me thinking God should be a bit simpler, something like God is everything, or some shit like that :P
Marsoups

this is a part of gods' handywork

kayhat

I swear he done that on photoshop! Amateur.
ionized

itchytriggerniggerfingers wrote :
ATREYU wrote :
All these religious people fighting about whose god is "the one true god/ religion" are not understanding there own sacred teachings which are all the same at their core.

Forget sacred teachings. That's not what religion is interested in teaching to the masses. Religious fundamentalists assume their god has a bigger dick than the other gods. Simple as that :mrgreen:

So discard all esoteric teachings based on the fact that there are fuckwits in the world?

Smart.

S - Mart.
venatrix

Last edited by venatrix on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itchytriggerniggerfingers

ionized wrote :
ATREYU wrote :

So discard all esoteric teachings based on the fact that there are fuckwits in the world?

Smart.

S - Mart.

Not what I meant. I meant to stop thinking that religions purposes is to pass on esoteric learnings to the masses - the real learnings are restricted to the higher orders only. You don't hear the local priest passing this type of info on at the local Sunday morning service do you.

p.s. shouldn't you be hiking somewhere awesome about now :D
ionized

Not what I meant. I meant to stop thinking that religions purposes is to pass on esoteric learnings to the masses - the real learnings are restricted to the higher orders only. You don't hear the local priest passing this type of info on at the local Sunday morning service do you.

The real learning of anything is restricted to the higher orders, so what is different? Sure religion is a wicked institution bent on control, much like government but I still find the eliminate religion argument a funny one. First because it's not going to happen any time soon, no matter how good an idea it might seem. Secondly, because half of the undeveloped world would probably degenerate into a bloodbath if it did.

It will fall away as we evolve beyond it much like everything else although I'd be more concerned with other structures at this point in time.

p.s. shouldn't you be hiking somewhere awesome about now :D

The roof of the world is a complicated place with many a delay. Plenty of fast internet tho. :bonfire:
speekeesy

venatrix wrote :
I'd happily discard that shallow hypocrital shite based on just one fuckwit I know who enthusiastically espouses such rubbish while behaving like a mean nasty anti-shanti cunt :killah:

haha. best call ever.
85 posts Page 4 of 4