Sydney Council plans midnight closure of city venues

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
17 posts Page 1 of 1
Brains

http://www.nannastate.com.au/info.htm

Sydney Council is attempting to sneak legislation through that will force the closure of all businesses in the council at midnight, essentially destroying Sydney's famous nightlife. Sign the online petition and spread the word to get your friends to do the same.
synthz

Thats bullshit, facebooked.
venatrix

I'm all for overthrowing nannas and everything, but disregarding the fact that we are all idealistically opposed to such measures, it would really only affect the vast majority of putrid brawling bogans who bus in from the boondocks and swarm the streets chanting and vomiting and pissing all over the joint.

None of you fucking suckbags ever go to indoor parties anyway, most pubs close at midnight already, and take-home booze is way cheaper than blowing an entire paypacket on watered down poisonously cheap vodka and raspberry or true-blue VB tinnies.

When I am elected president of the city I will immediately introduce legislation to allow nightclubs and pubs to trade 24/7 and ensure a constant and ripely healthy supply of MDMA. That way the obnoxious and frankly ball-shrinkingly unattractive present generation will at least be confined to shitty nightclubs unable to move for all the hugging and bromance.
herbsandspices

While you're at it can you bulldoze the Cross and Oxford St so the fake tan Ed Hardy fuckchops can go back out west and cease posing a health hazard? Thanks.
venatrix

werd brother!
Pete_Paranoid

Good bye EPPR launch parties!

Meh, my parents liked crap anyway!
venatrix

I think the fact that he's in Deutschland might have something to do with it too :roll:
tract

Like putting a bullet in a dead horse really.
Pete_Paranoid

This will affect more than Darling Harbour clubs like "Home", it will also affect Newtown's nightlife and Sydney Gay Clubs.

Including the now recently reopened Imperial Hotel, where I had one of the best nights of my life, when I met the most stunning drop-dead gorgeous UK backpacker chickie. It is a night I will never forget.
rollyz

Meh ! Who cares.... Tea Houses is where its at! Must have some more of those jam scones. :mrgreen:
ionized

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
it will also affect Newtown's nightlife and Sydney Gay Clubs.

That means more queers on the street. Someone has to put a stop to this.
venatrix

Pete_Paranoid wrote :
Including the now recently reopened Imperial Hotel, where I had one of the best nights of my life, when I met the most stunning drop-dead gorgeous UK backpacker chickie. It is a night I will never forget.

Poultry just doesn't do it for me.
herbsandspices

Aussies should learn that their pub and club culture is shit and has been for a long time. Pokies, violence, RSA, security, drink prices what a fucking nightmare. Only getting worse because of cynical vote grabbing at a local council level and a powerful state AHA and security industry loby seeking commercial gain. Close all that shit down, build a house party culture- it would be a good thing.
venatrix

rollyz wrote :
Meh ! Who cares.... Tea Houses is where its at! Must have some more of those jam scones. :mrgreen:

Tongue removed from cheek, tea houses are actually sublime. I would much rather spend an afternoon in one than at a stinking pub.

herbsandspices wrote :
Aussies should learn that their pub and club culture is shit and has been for a long time. Pokies, violence, RSA, security, drink prices what a fucking nightmare. Only getting worse because of cynical vote grabbing at a local council level and a powerful state AHA and security industry loby seeking commercial gain. Close all that shit down, build a house party culture- it would be a good thing.

I agree.
rollyz

^^^ A Doof tea house would be cool :mrgreen:
Dominic

Yeah, like a giant chai tent. Mmmm chai....
rollyz

^^^ I think you are onto something there.... Wonder if I can hire that vacant block in Newtown and set up the doof Chai Tent..open till 5am :mrgreen:
17 posts Page 1 of 1