How to help stop trouble at outdoor psytrance parties.

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
74 posts Page 1 of 3
waapwoop

The thread was deleted I think. surprise surprise.

Anyway. I think it was Samurai Jack that said 100 people standing around with no guts. And was criticised for that view.

It's quite simple, but hey, it just might work. A carload of trouble comes to a party, you have 1 or 2 security guards... They are not going to be able to deal with it.

If the psytrance community is a close community, like everyone says it is, then there should be no trouble banding together and actually putting a stop to the trouble. Then it is 100+ vs 5. Band together as a proper community would, or should... you can stop trouble whereever it begins.

but anyway, Samurai Jack is such an arsehole, why would you want to listen to him. And I must be a cocksucker, before anyone chimes in.

Cyberwlf

lol @ thought of a bunch of hippies on psychedelics and mdma trying to fight some boozed up jocks

simon

if im there and i can help,come get me. just let me take my proton energy pills first :)

but, there is a difference between people "giving off bad vibes" (i.e. Judgemental hippies not liking the way someones looks) and someone actually causing harm.
Katsushiro

waapwoop wrote :
The thread was deleted I think. surprise surprise.

Anyway. I think it was Samurai Jack that said 100 people standing around with no guts. And was criticised for that view.

It's quite simple, but hey, it just might work. A carload of trouble comes to a party, you have 1 or 2 security guards... They are not going to be able to deal with it.

If the psytrance community is a close community, like everyone says it is, then there should be no trouble banding together and actually putting a stop to the trouble. Then it is 100+ vs 5. Band together as a proper community would, or should... you can stop trouble whereever it begins.

but anyway, Samurai Jack is such an arsehole, why would you want to listen to him. And I must be a cocksucker, before anyone chimes in.

The main problem, like you say, is that that the psytrance community is only close when people are talking about it. In reality, it's largely about individuals having their own high.

Most people will think "There is someone over there causing shit. Oh man, this is going to interfere with my high. I think I might go over there now and let the other people deal with it".

This is largely how the whole of humanity operates anyway.

Ellis Dee

so so true....

secret weapon

Been thinking about these matters.

How about: music stops, lights come on and announced to everyone:
party's on hold till those people there are "encouraged" by everyone to depart forthwith.

Or something along those lines that makes as many poeple as possible aware of the situation AT THE SAME TIME.

Together we stand, divided we fall.

Cyberwlf

Good idea Sasha.

Much more sensible than trying to 'take them on'.

Kat, I disagree it's all about people caring about whatever high they are on etc... for some sure, but I reckon alot of the people who would like to probably feel they can't, and fear the response from the thugs. Admittedly together they may be able to be intimidated, but intimidation is stupid, and may only encourage them to bring along more mates the next time, till it turns into some all out brawl.

Sasha's idea is much more realistic. Segregate them (as some hippies are top at doing anyhow), make them feel alienated and unwelcome, make them stand out, and then they won't be as likely to feel like sticking around anyhow. It's essentially the same kinda mentality teachers use in schools, and whilst it doesn't stop them all, it certainly seems to keep many inline.

herbsandspices

I think that it's an awesome idea to cut the party until undesirables leave.

Problem in my view is: who are the undesirables?

Should it be limited to people who have already demonstrated a violent and confrontational tendancy (thereby being a bit late)? Carloads of guys? Carloads of guys not dressed in fishermans pants? People whos dreadlocks are not over a certain length? Those without dogs on string?

Part of the beauty of Doofery is that it is (fairly) inclusive.

Perhaps something needs to be done to stop fuckwittery at doofs but it is a fairly fine line to walk.

rolly

You could make everbody pay a $100 bond each at the door (tree). When they leave in an ordily fashion and caused no trouble, they get their $100 bond back :P

tripn

herbsandspices wrote :
I think that it's an awesome idea to cut the party until undesirables leave.

Problem in my view is: who are the undesirables?

Should it be limited to people who have already demonstrated a violent and confrontational tendancy (thereby being a bit late)? Carloads of guys? Carloads of guys not dressed in fishermans pants? People whos dreadlocks are not over a certain length? Those without dogs on string?

Part of the beauty of Doofery is that it is (fairly) inclusive.

Perhaps something needs to be done to stop fuckwittery at doofs but it is a fairly fine line to walk.

exactly. some regular doofers could be considered fuckwits too.

Cyberwlf

i think the kind of 'fuckwits' us Sydney see to be such are quite tame compared to the known redneck violent types who populated too many Nth NSW/SE QLD parties.

SamuraiJack

secret weapon wrote :

party's on hold till those people there are "encouraged" by everyone to depart forthwith.

Or something along those lines that makes as many poeple as possible aware of the situation AT THE SAME TIME.

Bam.

The problem, as I said intially, and as katsushrio got wrong, but cryberwlf, for once, got right, is people lacking guts.

The evil strong prey on the weak. Nothing new.

Zara2stra

SamuraiJack wrote :
secret weapon wrote :

Bam.

The problem, as I said intially, and as katsushrio got wrong, but cryberwlf, for once, got right, is people lacking guts.

The evil strong prey on the weak. Nothing new.

The pleasure in being cruel...

briandubb

The only weapon we have is sound. Blast them with the most evil, twisted, hard core sounds in the arsenal. ANyone who can't handle will leave. Get Raptor to do one of his evil tricks in reverse.

Intimidatiojn will only lead to escalation and "high" people are not useful in any confrontation anyway. The kind of people described in the NNSW are only waiting for us to escalate it. Give them half a chance and you'll find out just how violent this can get. They do not give a toss and are itching to beat up a hippie or two, or ten. This is their entertainment. And those kind of people have been bashed enough to know just how to dish it out.

Another way to chill a group of bad boys is to give them a nice big flat spliff and a cup of chai; make them feel welscome. Kill them with kindness. They'll get so bored they'll leave anyway.

BUT BUT BUT, one of the most valuable things for me about doofs is the way girls can relax, dress as they want, do what they want without fear. FOr me, this really fires the energy of the whole thing. If we lose the fairy babes the game is up. The dance floor will never be the same again.

It is critical for both guys and girls who are not too wasted to intervene if any girl is being hassled by anyone at all. I've seen on a couple of occasions on the dancefloor and around a party site where a girl is being chased, hassled, etc and a random guy or girl goes over and puts a stop to it. It's not difficult to do. Just give her a smile, and start talking the most unbelievable amount of shit to to the one who is hassling her. For most of us, this should no pose no problem at all. As evidenced by this forum, we can all talk shit underwater. Then when the dude is totally confused, lead the girl back to the dancefloor, chai tent or hopefully her friends.

IMHO, I always like to see a couple of red necks sitting on the side of the dance flloor with a case of beers, having a new experience. Too many hippies is never a good thing

flurohero

if you fruity druggoes start pretending tohave someauthority over anything it willend up a huge mad woman's turd of a mess.you really have too many fruits and questionable scams going on to really know which way is up .
all you could realistically expect to do is look after your "mates" at close range.really theway you generally handle things is deeply rooted in drugs and paranoia,too much to turn out well.

would you really want your moaning idiotic drug addict freinds having some clout?everytime ive witnessed you dudes trying to solve that sort of thing it just turns out to be a vehicle for someones idiotic insecurities.
do you need babysitting?if you cant handlethat shit maybe it is time to sober up!
i could prepare a list of examples but im sure you have seen in reality enough stupid shit to reject anyones attempts at the authoritive.
if you want total babysit security go to a night club and bribe the gorillas there to hold your hand and slap people who looked at you funny.

try sobriety ifyou cant hack the situations that arise.

SamuraiJack

briandubb wrote :
The only weapon we have is sound. Blast them with the most evil, twisted, hard core sounds in the arsenal. ANyone who can't handle will leave. Get Raptor to do one of his evil tricks in reverse.
Might work, but I doubt it.
briandubb wrote :
Intimidatiojn will only lead to escalation and "high" people are not useful in any confrontation anyway. The kind of people described in the NNSW are only waiting for us to escalate it. Give them half a chance and you'll find out just how violent this can get. They do not give a toss and are itching to beat up a hippie or two, or ten. This is their entertainment. And those kind of people have been bashed enough to know just how to dish it out.
So what you're saying is that they're too strong, and the hippies are too weak.

Like I said. No damn guts.
briandubb wrote :
Another way to chill a group of bad boys is to give them a nice big flat spliff and a cup of chai; make them feel welscome. Kill them with kindness. They'll get so bored they'll leave anyway.
Sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't.
briandubb wrote :
BUT BUT BUT, one of the most valuable things for me about doofs is the way girls can relax, dress as they want, do what they want without fear. FOr me, this really fires the energy of the whole thing. If we lose the fairy babes the game is up. The dance floor will never be the same again.
No, really?
briandubb wrote :
It is critical for both guys and girls who are not too wasted to intervene if any girl is being hassled by anyone at all. I've seen on a couple of occasions on the dancefloor and around a party site where a girl is being chased, hassled, etc and a random guy or girl goes over and puts a stop to it. It's not difficult to do. Just give her a smile, and start talking the most unbelievable amount of shit to to the one who is hassling her. For most of us, this should no pose no problem at all. As evidenced by this forum, we can all talk shit underwater. Then when the dude is totally confused, lead the girl back to the dancefloor, chai tent or hopefully her friends.
Well, hopefully that works. What if it doesn't?
briandubb wrote :
IMHO, I always like to see a couple of red necks sitting on the side of the dance flloor with a case of beers, having a new experience. Too many hippies is never a good thing

Who doesn't think that? Problem is they have no idea how to relate.

SamuraiJack

flurohero wrote :
if you fruity druggoes start pretending tohave someauthority over anything it willend up a huge mad woman's turd of a mess.you really have too many fruits and questionable scams going on to really know which way is up .
all you could realistically expect to do is look after your "mates" at close range.really theway you generally handle things is deeply rooted in drugs and paranoia,too much to turn out well.

would you really want your moaning idiotic drug addict freinds having some clout?everytime ive witnessed you dudes trying to solve that sort of thing it just turns out to be a vehicle for someones idiotic insecurities.
do you need babysitting?if you cant handlethat shit maybe it is time to sober up!
i could prepare a list of examples but im sure you have seen in reality enough stupid shit to reject anyones attempts at the authoritive.
if you want total babysit security go to a night club and bribe the gorillas there to hold your hand and slap people who looked at you funny.

try sobriety ifyou cant hack the situations that arise.

Hah! Excellent point flurohero, however, the problem is with eight or ten guys, intimidating a party of hundreds.

Cyberwlf

I reckon the only kind of music which would scare them away is System Corrupt's stuff or House music. :D (Actually if they are neo-punks they'll probably like System Corrupt's brand of music).

Psy, no matter how hard/dark/full on/intense won't do it.

simon

ooh yeah play some xenomorph, they'll laugh themselves to death!

Pi

Seriously, you can't keep everybody safe all of the time. Bad shit IS sometimes going to happen, and I'll even go so far as to say that sometimes it has to.

BUT, the vibe at these parties is one of such acceptance (even if some feign disgust that the scene is openning up) that we owe it to each other to back that up by actually having a bit of concern over our fellow doofers well being. There are two sides to that:

1. If someone's really causing trouble they need to get booted out or babysat, and I have no doubt that people would band together and do just that quite effectively.

2. As well as actively responding to trouble, we have to keep a bit of an eye out for it happening less visibly. OK, so maybe it's a bit nosey to poke your head into other peoples business a little, but if it helps someone who is lost or sick or being taken advantage of then it's gotta be worth it. And hey, what virtuous doofer is going to tell you to fuck off if you ask if their friend is ok cause she lookes a little out of it(imagine how out of it you'd have to be to be noticeable at a doof!)

Hey, can't save everybody but Brian is right, if we lose the little fairies it's all over so we have to help keep an eye out for them.

Satanstoenail

briandubb wrote :

No, no, no, no. One word. Ketamine.

Watch -----> http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/show ... hp?t=16435

Cyberwlf

lor!

Yeah induce them into a K-hole. That'll do the trick.

Dr. Scientist

take advantage of the lack of pain the drugs offer and get all matrix on the evil do-ers.

Even better, make sure you film the tripper trying to get all matrix while on psychedelics.

rolly

Hmmmm, Ketamine Beer. Every Yobbo likes a free Beer :twisted:

tripn

Satanstoenail wrote :

No, no, no, no. One word. Ketamine.

Watch -----> http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/show ... hp?t=16435

jesus christ. what if he had died? they would have admitted to it on camera.
74 posts Page 1 of 3