Fuck Oztrancers are dumb

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
197 posts Page 8 of 8

atmospsypherica

Blacky Black wrote :
atmospsypherica wrote :
I'm not bothered to post there, but read with interest. If I was to compare Australiens to OT . I would say Australians does more to provide a greater picture to the music scene and has more features that intern promote it and give more information.

that's funny i was gunna say the opposite,often i find events/music/producers on OT that are not on Australieans,just compare the up and coming for each region,OT all over it.Not that i would say that OT is better or anything,just more events listed,more music avail for a listen/download E.t.c
yeap there are tons of people acting like wankers but where isn't there (maybe at a small bushdoof)
but there are also the most quality people posting relevant issue's on a daily basis.

Well you see Australiens has a large open section of interviews etc . This is what I'm referring too here and all the information that relates to the music etc. OT is based more around forum gossip and event promoting . I must say it gets obvious that just by reading such event columns, it's the same people doing Oooh ah and yeh yehs , killa . going to rock etc DJ promoters pumping up the Vibe (lol) . Something I must say that Raptor here is a lot more maturer and I find is very level headed. Not ass crawling just my observation. Example read the Regrowth Festival thread. Interesting in the different points of opinions to OT representative and here.
I can understand that forums need security measures in this modern day. But I see OT as just becoming some Gestapo and Nazi. I also think that if one forum has to much interest it does more harm then good. Much the same as monopolies and duopoly's. It's what ever rocks your boat at the end of day.

simon

The Journey Man Project wrote :
because fo you Simon. You make me want to be here.

aaaaw. I feel whole now. :oops:

The Journey Man Project

HUGZZZZZ :clap:

Kratonic

A few perhaps random points because I'm too lazy to go back and quote everyone accurately (what would you expect from an OTer anyway? :wink: )

Atmospsypherica, you were arguing the other day that people should not get hung up on event politics but just enjoy the event. I think the same goes for forums. There are lots of really warm, caring people on OT who help each other online (and in real life) and are able to give interesting viewpoints on scene issues and other stuff. There is also a lot of people there everyday and a lot of interchange of ideas. There's also some politics and stuff but you can to large degree ignore that if you are not wanting to be involved. As for moderaton, when you have that many active members you probably must have some of it. Why not take the good bits and just ignore the stuff that you consider to be crap? That's what I do.

The other aspect which I guess people may not agree with, is that I think OT is a fair representation of the outdoor doof scene which is (with some exceptions I know) maybe 50% Victoria and 50% NNSW/Qld centred. Pretty similar to OT subscribers proportions. *takes deep breath* Australiens seems to cover mainly Sydney which is a lot quieter.

I don't quite get the references to hippys not truly representing the scene anyway - just count the combis at any event. Maybe I'm too dumb to get that one :?:

A lot of the differences are perhaps just size which leads to larger post volumes and the formation of different groups with wider community. Fairly natural I reckon.

brainstorma

simon wrote :
i like ozpants.

get it rigth
its oztrance no pants

where its always pants optional there

FeralBrown

brainstorma wrote :
simon wrote :
i like ozpants.

get it rigth
its oztrance no pants

where its always pants optional there

Australiens isn't pants optional?!

uh-oh...
:oops:

tripn

i think oztrance needs to be ozLANCED!!!

its not quite funny enough

venatrix

tripn wrote :
i think oztrance needs to be ozLANCED!!!

its not quite funny enough

Idea of the century mate! :)

kayhat

Oztrance is full of pretentious cunts who think being involved in the psy scene makes them sooooooooo awesome LOL! It's people taking drugs to acid music folks! It's been done for centuries! Get the fuck over yourselves, enjoy the music, and go shove the attitude!

biggest hole of a forum on the entire internet... oh actually on par with www.psynews.org

Cross oztrance out and write trance forums in general :)

I think it's a bit over the top just doing a hatership on oztrance in particular, as there are a lot of different people on there.

I DID witness a certain heirachy and bigotry that disabled discussion to a certain extent, but this is individuals faults, not the forum at large.

The forum (and ANY forum for that matter) would be nothing without the people.

Then again, I WAS kicked from that forum for slightly less insidious things then certain perpetrators get away with on there because of their part in the scene.

You get roped into a lot of things that you would not normally say on there, because so many people on there have one track minds, and anyone who begs to put across an alternative point that strays from the majority is often ridiculed.

For me personally, it is a forum best left ignored, but others could have fun for a while on there, and there are a certain amount of cool cats on there, and ones that I have met through interaction on there. Most of them post infrequently though.

And while a lot of them wish they were, oztrance is by no means the central hub of the trance community, just the most vocal online.

venatrix

Is it that fucked up that I just want to talk shit with my friends online, especially as I am on the other side of the country?

Forums are only retarded because people are retarded (myself included).

Lighten up!

atmospsypherica

kayhat wrote :
Oztrance is full of pretentious cunts who think being involved in the psy scene makes them sooooooooo awesome LOL! It's people taking drugs to acid music folks! It's been done for centuries! Get the fuck over yourselves, enjoy the music, and go shove the attitude!

biggest hole of a forum on the entire internet... oh actually on par with www.psynews.org

I think it's a bit over the top just doing a hatership on oztrance in particular, as there are a lot of different people on there.

I DID witness a certain heirachy and bigotry that disabled discussion to a certain extent, but this is individuals faults, not the forum at large.

This is Christian isn't it from Lismore ? i read back through many pages . You have had your moments there hey? Part of that came to my conclusion why I don't bother posting there. You made it on the ban list one stage hey :D . Well I got no qualms with what your saying here.
You don't understand Mick or know him that well. Some times he can come across strong in his expressions of things, but underneath he has a good heart and would be one of few people I would make a judgment of trusting by reading forums. I'd say Mick has reason behind the statement he made. Might be making my own judgment here but , I would go further and say . I bet he has been bared too for some pathetic reason or over the top reaction without consultation, and because he wasn't on the popularity list. You know what I'm referring too here.
Yes this is shitty politics and Kratonic here made a fair comment before. Seems hypocritical of me talking this way, re to my views on Parties Festivals doofs and events. But I stress if something becomes too dominant it just gets a bit out of control no matter what you try and do. People should give Australiens a bit more of a fair go. They might see a different style by the way and manner the people run it here, and appreciate that. Really I think this forum set out is good and it would be nice to see more interviews that are up to date etc.
Peace.

Blacky Black

how strange is human nature and the devil you know mentality.i have been thinking about the differences about the two forums/sites and i feel it comes down to familiarity and little cliques (people ya know).
I realise this is simplifying the matter as there are real differences between the sites ,but to classify one as good and one as bad is subjective .The content of the forums is made by the people using them and essentaily we all humans(maybe?) with something in common,a love of dance music and the interactions and gatherings brought about by this passion.
To say i am(or any one for that matter) an OT'er is a strange thing to say ,i do post on Ot(among other sites),i also eat broccoli but i am not a broccolier (?) if you understand what i'm getting at.
Divided we will fall.
Jules.

Impious

I'm sure that if I read this whole thread, I'd want my time back.

venatrix

Impious wrote :

Sanity prevails! :)

sci0n

It's simple, oztrance is full of tre cool scenesters, and australiens is full of jaded, egotistical doofers.
Fuck I hate doofers.

FRACAS

sci0n wrote :
It's simple, oztrance is full of tre cool scenesters, and australiens is full of jaded, egotistical doofers.
Fuck I hate doofers.

so if i visit both ozpants and here what does that create ??
a tre cool egotistical jaded scenster??? sounds about right...

flurohero

check the i.p. adresses "oztrance" people are the same people as "australiens"m people only projecting a slightly more retarded "fluffy" image.

a slightly different flavour of masturbation . yay!

brainstorma

how i have missed you fluro

Impious

flurohero! I truly miss your analyses. :D

flurohero a few years back wrote :
im sure the heads on up drugs will claim to have the astral definitive though as a green goblin told them.

Impious

Impious wrote :

I just realised I was the one who actually started this thread. LOL.

venatrix

Impious wrote :
Impious wrote :

I just realised I was the one who actually started this thread. LOL.

:)

kayhat

atmospsypherica wrote :
kayhat wrote :

This is Christian isn't it from Lismore ? i read back through many pages . You have had your moments there hey? Part of that came to my conclusion why I don't bother posting there. You made it on the ban list one stage hey :D . Well I got no qualms with what your saying here.
You don't understand Mick or know him that well. Some times he can come across strong in his expressions of things, but underneath he has a good heart and would be one of few people I would make a judgment of trusting by reading forums. I'd say Mick has reason behind the statement he made. Might be making my own judgment here but , I would go further and say . I bet he has been bared too for some pathetic reason or over the top reaction without consultation, and because he wasn't on the popularity list. You know what I'm referring too here.
Yes this is shitty politics and Kratonic here made a fair comment before. Seems hypocritical of me talking this way, re to my views on Parties Festivals doofs and events. But I stress if something becomes too dominant it just gets a bit out of control no matter what you try and do. People should give Australiens a bit more of a fair go. They might see a different style by the way and manner the people run it here, and appreciate that. Really I think this forum set out is good and it would be nice to see more interviews that are up to date etc.
Peace.

No, I think Mick seems fairly sound, as I have aggressive opinions on some things, but I have had to learn to tone down a little because I can't control what other people think, and they can have their freedom to form opinions, be ignorant or whatever, and I can't change peoples minds.

Although, this being said, oztrance needs movers and shakers, and people who can have a relatively autonomus opinion without fear of reprisal from any type of scene as judge Jury and executioner. There also seems to a prevelance of almost fanatical religious fervour, little positive response to fucked up shit in their scenes, a list of rules and do's and don't's as long as my dick, and a funnily conservative consumerist appraoch to what should be fun and mind expanding (ie: partying outdoors to electronic music), but not in the places that it counts in terms of sustainability.

This thread is awesome proof of the seriousness of some peoples reletively serious issues and how they are responded to, ie: a friend of mine visiting from sydneys near rape and drug spike. Some of you Sydneysiders may know her as a top promoter in the club scene in sydney. it is quite hilarious in content, and warrented me going back and having a look, and I ALMOST replied, but held back.

Judge for yourselves!

http://www.oztrance.net/forum/viewtopic ... c&&start=0

And yes, this is K-ristian, formerly from Lismore and now in sunny London, DJing in shitty clubs abroad in europe until July. I miss Australia :(
197 posts Page 8 of 8