Fuck Oztrancers are dumb

Off Topic discussion. Use this board to discuss general, non PsyTrance related topics.
197 posts Page 3 of 8

bobret the hobret

SamuraiJack wrote :
Zara2stra wrote :
Just keep on projecting energy dude. hehe

You're understanding of the universe is pathetic.

did you mean to say:

"Your understanding of the universe is pathetic"?

FeralBrown

Zara2stra wrote :
Thinking logically and critically about your experiences is an important factor.

sure is, BUT first you need to somehow define whether or not your "logic" is, indeed, logic, and whether your critical analysis is... well... critical enough~(it usually helps to have someone give you a nudge~ thanks SJ!)just cause it seems like it is, doesn't mean you've taken the plunge... to use an analogy I think you'd appreciate, you could still be staring into a self-reflecting abyss.

but anyway... it was pretty fukn ridiculous how they asked YOU for your proof... even as a relatively spiritual hippy type, I'd take your position as a given in one of those "discussions"... :lol:

Marsoups

I am offended by the title of this thread..

Yous think we dumb ay. That's soo not cool. :P

spangk

SamuraiJack wrote :
Zara2stra wrote :
Nobody has special healing powers.

Bullshit.

Nuff said. Strong word, nobody.

Darkone

I like Oztrance, I think it is a good forum that encourages a wide range of views. It has a much different feel and flavour than Australiens and does on occasions exhibit a bias towards the more Shanti aspects of doof culture but as a counter it has a lot of really interesting and enjoyable discussions too without egocentric fucking idiots regularly debasing and ridiculing other users and interfering with constructive discourse.

Australiens permits a lot more free discussion about contentious events and topics not at all related to Psychedelic trance music or parties in addition to being the major hub for the NSW doof scene. While I think on the whole this is a very good thing there are infrequent occasions when I wish it wasn't the case.

As for Oztrancers being dumb I'd have to strongly disagree based on the premise upon which the inference is based. I know Dale who runs OT would disagree also as he has seen the richness in participation there in the same way Adam and Lui would see it here.

Whatever floats your boat....

Zara2stra

spangk wrote :
SamuraiJack wrote :
Zara2stra wrote :
Nobody has special healing powers.

Bullshit.

Nuff said. Strong word, nobody.

That's right, and I meant every bit of it.

Cyberwlf

What Darkone really means, he is a regular Oztrance poster and objects to being called dumb. :P :twisted:

spangk

Darkone wrote :
I like Oztrance, I think it is a good forum that encourages a wide range of views. It has a much different feel and flavour than Australiens and does on occasions exhibit a bias towards the more Shanti aspects of doof culture but as a counter it has a lot of really interesting and enjoyable discussions too without egocentric fucking idiots regularly debasing and ridiculing other users and interfering with constructive discourse.

Australiens permits a lot more free discussion about contentious events and topics not at all related to Psychedelic trance music or parties in addition to being the major hub for the NSW doof scene. While I think on the whole this is a very good thing there are infrequent occasions when I wish it wasn't the case.

As for Oztrancers being dumb I'd have to strongly disagree based on the premise upon which the inference is based. I know Dale who runs OT would disagree also as he has seen the richness in participation there in the same way Adam and Lui would see it here.

Yep that sounds about the dimensions fit to a nutshell :)

Zara2stra you've closed your mind??!! Give yourself a fair go man, nothing lasts, all things change... minds made up grow grey (errr..not matter, hairs). My advice to myself is to leave room in my headscope to re-assess. Always. Better leverage ;)

~Wicked Angel~

*laughs really hard at marsoups*

*nods* at darkone

*laughs at wolfy*

*laughs at both*

tehehehehe

i is from oztrance too

stars make great props for real conversations... emotions through computers... possible?

SamuraiJack

Darkone wrote :

There you go. Oztrance, endorsed by tract.

Nuff said really.

flurohero

would not the "ironic dichotomy" be the same peeps are on "oztrance" that come here and bang on like they are not?

who is behind the "cloak of appearance"????

for some reason i couldnt call myself "flurohero" on there ,though maybe iam but forgot the long,complicated password.

SamuraiJack

Hey, at least they let you join.

Fucking fraidy cats the lot of them....

Satanstoenail

Fraidy cats?

SamuraiJack

Satanstoenail wrote :
Fraidy cats?

Fraidy cats.

Is this one of those Sydney/Melbourne things?

Like we say Poppers, you say juiceboxes or fruitboxes or some shit?

Fraidy cats=Scaredy cats=Fucking gutless wuss bag pieces of crap.

Satanstoenail

SamuraiJack wrote :
Satanstoenail wrote :
Fraidy cats?

Fraidy cats.

Is this one of those Sydney/Melbourne things?

Like we say Poppers, you say juiceboxes or fruitboxes or some shit?

Nah it's more like a gay/not gay thing.

briandubb

Cyberwlf wrote :
I don't think the Current World Events though has ever been against the mentality of the psytrance scene though or what it's about. The Doof scenes origins come from a neo-punk-political movement, well before PsyTrance hijacked it. So it's a fair thing that the like minded individuals the doof scene has attracted would be interested in an open exchange of ideas on such subjects.

This is fair enough and for sure the outdoor doof thing was going strong before psytrance evolved as a musical genre. And for sure there is still a strong spirit of questioning the status quo, the powers that be, etc etc.

But does "like minded individuals interested in an open exchnage of ideas on such subject" work when there is this level of abuse and general crap being posted. It seems people have to wade through a huge amount of crap in order to test their opinions, learn from others and be involved in a useful discourse. And if your knowledge is just a little off the mark or if you are just a little naive but trying to learn more, you get your head taken off by the "wise sages".

This is why I feel that the "current events" section has been hijacked. It's almost like these people are against "an open exchnage of ideas" and use low tactics like personal abuse to kill off debate.

I've learnt a lot of stuff I had no idea about from this website and oztrance. I hope that continues and I hope that on this website, I have to wade through less crap to find it.

I am embarressed to think what the early neo-punk-political people must think if they were to read a lot of what is on Australiens.

Marsoups

Australiens is dead as on the weekends.. Nobody to talk to.

Check oztrance at any one time during the working day, it has a minimum of 30 or so people browsing its forums.. Maybe 15 or so on the weekends.

Australiens is way underground... Perhaps if people weren't constantly throwing insults more people would be keen to spend time here :gun:

Dreamthief

Marsoups wrote :
Australiens is dead as on the weekends.. Nobody to talk to.

Check oztrance at any one time during the working day, it has a minimum of 30 or so people browsing its forums.. Maybe 15 or so on the weekends.

Australiens is way underground... Perhaps if people weren't constantly throwing insults more people would be keen to spend time here :gun:

But then we'd have more people getting pissed at what Australiens actually is. A place where people from all walks of life can come together to share ideas and be ridiculed for being fucking morons.

waapwoop

briandubb wrote :
And if your knowledge is just a little off the mark or if you are just a little naive but trying to learn more, you get your head taken off by the "wise sages".

Have you ever asked yourself why this bothers you so much?

briandubb

waapwoop wrote :
briandubb wrote :
And if your knowledge is just a little off the mark or if you are just a little naive but trying to learn more, you get your head taken off by the "wise sages".

Yeah. It bothers me so much because I like a place where people put up opinions, have theirs challenged and learn something new and maybe even get something to think about. And when this can happen, I get pissed off when it get's messed up because in this world, places like that are hard to find.

And I totally take Australiens forums for what they are. It's my problem. Australiens has no problems. It is what it is.

SamuraiJack

briandubb wrote :
Yeah. It bothers me so much because I like a place where people put up opinions, have theirs challenged and learn something new and maybe even get something to think about.
Hold on fuckhead. That's what Australiens used to be like.

Dicksplashes like yourself who on the one hand call for the current world events section to be removed, then on the other say shit like this, has led to the decline of this board.

briandubb wrote :
And when this can happen, I get pissed off when it get's messed up because in this world, places like that are hard to find.
Hey, me too. Which is why I call you a knobwrench a lot.
briandubb wrote :
And I totally take Australiens forums for what they are. It's my problem. Australiens has no problems. It is what it is.

Who the fuck are you trying to kid cockneck?

briandubb

SamuraiJack wrote :
briandubb wrote :
Yeah. It bothers me so much because I like a place where people put up opinions, have theirs challenged and learn something new and maybe even get something to think about.

Dicksplashes like yourself who on the one hand call for the current world events section to be removed, then on the other say shit like this, has led to the decline of this board.

briandubb wrote :
And when this can happen, I get pissed off when it get's messed up because in this world, places like that are hard to find.
briandubb wrote :

yes yes more of the same. have you got nothing new or orginial to say just more more blah with swear words so you'll feel tough or funny or whatever it is you need to feel to hide what you need to hide. It's an honour to participate in your therapy.

briandubb

SamuraiJack wrote :
That's what Australiens used to be like.

When was that? Before you got jaded? Get over it and find something new that you don't know everything and anything about. Hopefully it'll help you crawl out of your hole.

Katsushiro

briandubb wrote :
SamuraiJack wrote :
briandubb wrote :

briandubb wrote :
briandubb wrote :

yes yes more of the same. have you got nothing new or orginial to say just more more blah with swear words so you'll feel tough or funny or whatever it is you need to feel to hide what you need to hide. It's an honour to participate in your therapy.

If you actually read what he said, hes actually got a point. Its just that you only focus on the swear words.

waapwoop

briandubb wrote :
waapwoop wrote :
briandubb wrote :

Yeah. It bothers me so much because I like a place where people put up opinions, have theirs challenged and learn something new and maybe even get something to think about. And when this can happen, I get pissed off when it get's messed up because in this world, places like that are hard to find.

I think it bothers you because you don't like being cut down in such a harsh way.
You want the world to be different than it really is. You don't like people telling you how the world is, when you desperately want it to be otherwise.
197 posts Page 3 of 8