RAINBOW 09-Jan 23-26th- GREEN NUNS LIVE + BASSNECTAR !!!!

Victoria Forums - Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
31 posts Page 1 of 2
ruben74

Rainbow Serpent Festival 2009

Rainbow Serpent presents a music, dance, art and cultural experience you won’t find anywhere else on Earth.

Every year on Australia Day weekend people fly in from across the country and around the world for Australia’s iconic bush gathering.

Set up camp under the shade of old gums and enter a magical village created for four days of beautiful escape. This year we’re in for a jaw-dropping line up of Australian and international djs and live bands across 5 floors. Get ready for groundbreaking, foot stomping, dust raising sounds.

The arts team have been working for months. You’ll be dancing between roving performance artists, giant sculpture and light installations. When you need some energy, feast on a delicious selection of world foods, fresh coffee and fruit juice.

Punters create the action at Rainbow so get involved. Be part of forums and workshops featuring leading speakers. Explore dance, wellbeing, social issues and natural therapies with people of like mind.

It’s an event you have to see once and one you can’t resist coming back for, again and again.

2009 International Lineup Includes - More to come!
D-nox & Beckers (Electribe, Germany)
Green Nuns of the Revolution (Live) (Flying Rhino, UK)
Peter Digital (Digital Structures, Sweden)
Mathew Jonson (Wagon Repair, Canada)
Bluetech (Native State, USA)
Ido Ophir / Domestic (Homega, Israel)
Wrecked Machines / Gabe (Spun, Brazil)
Perfect Stranger (Iboga, Israel)
Andromeda (Echoes / Vaprovent, Spain)
DJ Pena (Flow, Portugal)
Talpa (Up-Records / MMR, Serbia)
Bassnectar (Om Records, USA)
Deadbeat (Wagon Repair, Canada)
Chromosome (YSE, Spain)
Soul Surfer (Spain)
Zen Lemonade (Bali)
Kotaro (Japan)
Far Too Loud (Funkatech, UK)
Loopus In Fabula (Fabula Records, Italy)
Murmur (Wow & Flutter) (Phar-Psyde - UK)
Dsens (BUS, France)
Voice of Cod (Organic, UK)

*PLUS!*

Domestic and New Zealand Bands
The Nomad (Freshaudio)
OKA (Soultree United)
Mista Savona
MISO
School of Dub
Mystic Beats
The Woohoo Review
Rapskallion
Western Synthetics
Wild Marmalade

Domestic Electronic Acts - + Lots more to come!!
Shadow Fx Vs Tetrameth
Oblique Industries
Spoonbill
Aaron Smiles
Player One
Andrew Till
Ozzy
Psymon
Cosm
DJ Schwa
Jonny Mac
Tim Harvey
Bass Bin Laden
Solatek
Continuum
Punks On Junk
Chestwig
Hans Dc
Mike Callander
Moichi
Heath Myers
Dave Pham
Paul Abad
U-one
Ghettafunkt
Mustaphaa
Reality Pixie
Sensient
Sun Control Species
Gavin Martin
Simon Slieker
Atonix
Urban Monkeys
Raptor
Ketamind
Ben Evans

Chill Stage - More to come!
Ollie Olsen
Hesius Dome
Bent Intent
Dakini
Deep Fried Dub
Don Peyote
Flippo
Invader Tron
J-Dub
Jesscat
Robodop Snei
Spider Orchid
Sunsaria
d-Rektional
Sun:monx

All Up Well Over 100 Artists Across 5 stages!

Massive Lifestyle Component Featuring:
Workshops On
Energy and Ceremony
Sound and Percussion
Movement and Dance
Circus Arts
Indigenous Culture

Guest Speaker / Presentations On
Health and Wellbeing
Spirituality and Ceremony
Community
Personal Development

The Funambulist’s Playground
The Rainbow Serpent Performers Stage has taken on a new name, welcome to the Funambulists Playground! On the menu for this year are some seriously tasty treats with a massive sideshow of circus, dance, cabaret, puppetry, street theatre and explosive fire acts over three shining days and electrifying Rainbow nights. The stage will also welcome for the first time Gypsy and Dub live bands and hosts the outdoor cinema in the wee hours too!

The Amazing Drumming Monkeys
An adorable and dynamic puppet show for kids aged 1-100yrs. The 2 monkeys (Bongo & Congo) play drums, leading audiences in songs & dances. Cute monkeys for kids! Great drumming for adults! Variety segments for all ages! And messages for the world! Back by popular demand in 2009

The Love Dusters
Miss Delecta-Rama and Pepper Rose join forces to bring you the Cancan with a difference. Everything starts out roses as they dance with glee. Unfortunately life is not always gleeful and as the music switches to something slightly grittier everything starts to fly.

Live Wire
Gorgeous cats with painted faces and green eyes will swing and do cat like trickery on a handheld gymnastics bar. Incorporating improvisation, dance, acrobatics, acro balance - these naughty cats are at risky play on their apparatus.

Oogly Sensey
Radish and Omelette presents Oogly Sensey, a roving interaction of Visual stimulation, constantly evolving as it continues to draw quirky tricks and props from a mysterious wagon. With over sized removable facial features, the characters evolve and are remixed into alternate forms. The two strange creatures merge into one character with a twist- incorporating an enormous puppet.

Enigma 4
A creative blend of gymnastics and modern contemporary dance, Enigma4 shows raw power through acrobatic prowess, in stark contrast they make use of the effeminate and elegant qualities of movement synonymous with modern contemporary dance.

Empyrean
In this stiltwalking and contorsion double act~ Languid Lionfish glide and float at different heights, rising above the crowd and sliding to the ground – ever watchful over their watery home.

Sebastian Rideaux
A 20 minute show of the finest circus skills; combining magic, juggling, tumbling, acrobatics and hand balancing.

Puzzle Dust
The Newly Deads take you into the world of two characters locked in a time warp. Destined to relive this day in a surreal dream state, these strange creatures are caught between life and death, past and present, they dance to a wedding waltz that's slightly out of tune... This multi talented duo also put together some of the most unique fire acts in Australia today. A Puzzle dust fire show is a renegade improvisation of contact and contemporary dance, physical theatre and acrobatics.

Circo Artists
Using conventions such as slapstick, clowning and post modernism they explore those funny situations we have all experienced at a party. Circo artists use The physical elements of fire, pitching, acrobatics, acro balance, with various manipulation of objects and comedy.

Pyrodynamics
This C airns based crew blends a unique style of contemporary dance, acrobatics, and a touch of theatre, highly technical fire tricks and artistic fire sculpture.

The Magic Theatre.
Delivering the finest brand new circus, cabaret, and theatrical acts of mayhem, the ladies from HHQ incorporated are back to thrill, delight and amaze. Together with Hoopy Haywee, Hoola hoop extraordinaire of Fringe fame, TJ Blaze and The Smok'n Tallulah will shake, burn, bump and grind their way through frenzy of superlicious toys and tricks.

Special Activities
"Prank-stars Ball". At the Funambulists Playground Friday Night
New to Rainbow Serpent this is an event not to be missed. Don your finest costumery, dig deep for your inner exhibitionist, get your jiggy on and rock on down to the Playground to shake a tail feather. The Funambulists present a cabaret evening of wild gypsy music, cheeky tricks and performance art at its lushest, so begin your Rainbow with a bang!

Lu’au at the Market Stage, 11am-3pm Sunday
A tropical slice of aloha, attendance guarantees you get lei’d, smeared with coconut oil and lathered in sweat. Get ready to shake your rumpa to robotik hula with 4hrs of unbridled dirty-acid-tech-electro-tom-foolery. Presented by DJ’s Heath Myers, Miyagi and Mo Ichi plus special guest Davarj providing supersonic funk fueled bass guitar accompaniment for enhanced stadium rock flavour.

Wobble n Flip at the Market Stage, 4pm Saturday
Omelette presents a balmy afternoon of wild & twisted sensory celebration, including rich sonic stimuli by Spoonbill, Bass Bin Laden and a very special show by Bassnectar, intermingled with absurd and eye-popping theatrical performances plus special treats for all!

Pool Party
Get set to splash and dunk as Rainbow's infamous Pool Party kicks off again from midday Saturday. Just a short drive into town or take the shuttle bus. With Lex, Zok, Flux, Rakehell DJs, Deefa, Andrew Dannoui and Nicholas Jouin providing the tunes.

Rainbow Games
Sunday arvo, back of the main floor when the music finishes – let the games begin. Compete against others for prizes and glory.

Rainbow Serpent Charter Bus(s)

Don’t have a car to get you to Rainbow Serpent Festival? Want to take the environmentally responsible option? Want to have a few beers and still be able to get home?

Well we have the solution, and in the process you can help reduce your carbon emissions and get to and from the festival safely with no hassles.

The luxury air-conditioned bus or buses (depending on demand)will leave Federation Square (Flinders Street Melb CBD) 4pm Friday 23th January (Sharp) and take you directly to the festival site in Beaufort. It will then depart the festival site 6pm (Sharp) Monday 26th returning you to Federation Square.

Limited spaces exist (the bus sold out last year)so get in quick and secure your seat before they all go.

Please note bookings close strictly on Monday 16th January. It is your responsibility to make both departure times, no refunds can be given for people that miss the bus or change their mind.

**Important** There are no physical tickets for the bus. Please bring ID with you. Your name will be cross checked with our register.

**Also, these are tickets for the charter bus only, Rainbow Serpent Festival tickets are sold separately.

Tickets are $49 for the return trip +BF (sorry no one way trips available)

To book your bus ticket click here - http://www.greentix.com.au/evinfo.php?eventid=30085

Really... far too much information to put here. Website is being updated everyday as we get this massive amount of content online!

http://www.rainbowserpent.net
for all the info!

kathmandu

i remember Green Nuns of Revolution LIVE set used to be rare... :D

infinafta

\m/ I'm there for Bassnectar. Fuck yes. \m/

Green Nuns rocked live too, back in the day...

FeralBrown

infinafta wrote :
\m/ I'm there for Bassnectar. Fuck yes. \m/

Green Nuns rocked live too, back in the day...

*winx*
*grinz*

DECRION DEE

man im so looking forward to this...

the last few years the music on the friday nights on the market stage has been a bit more fullon which i enjoy , but it looks like this year it will not be the case?

still. really looking forward to the monday daytime also.

ATREYU

My God, Rainbow is soo soft cock these days, theres not 1 act( apart from maybe Talpa) that i want to c.
Rainbo should create another stage for the real Psy lovers, it wouldn't take anything away from the other stages it would just bring more people.

I love the magic of Rainbo Serpent Festival, just give me some musical reason to come back.

DECRION DEE

ATREYU wrote :
My God, Rainbow is soo soft cock these days, theres not 1 act( apart from maybe Talpa) that i want to c.
Rainbo should create another stage for the real Psy lovers, it wouldn't take anything away from the other stages it would just bring more people.

I love the magic of Rainbo Serpent Festival, just give me some musical reason to come back.

yeah you tend to get a bit sick of electro type shit and chill over the few days ay...

Marsoups

ATREYU wrote :

what you not wanting to see Green Nuns of the Revolution ??

that's pissy mate :P

Cyberwlf

Im still wondering if it will be GNOTR original cast full show kind of deal or Dick Trevor En Solo?

MeowTron

DECRION DEE wrote :

yeah you tend to get a bit sick of electro type shit and chill over the few days ay...

theres an easier fix stop whinging and/or stay at home!

it's all about persona preference. pesonally i don't really like alot of psy if it is predictable formulaic forget it, if it's inovative a fresh awesome. it's hard to keep psy fresh and inovative over 4 days mate a bit hard on the people think about it, banging psy = people tring to keep up = edginess, the vibe would be totally scattered and cause seperation in the crowd. much better it you keep people together in one group as long as possible then have one night of craziness! if it was too crazy to soon there would be problems with vibe by the end of the festival...thats what i reckons...

i love rainbow i like the way there isn't an over saturation of fullon psy because when it comes it has so much more impact.

rainbow isn't a psy festival, get over it!

jaimz

DECRION DEE wrote :

Not much in the way of electro this year - hasn't been for a few years! Plenty of solid progressive techno tho. It's definitely one of the most interesting genres around at the moment, and it's definitely the focus genre for Rainbow this year. There are some great producers this year (Ido, Gabe, D-Nox, Beckers, Perfect Stranger, Pena, etc), and add to that good doses of minimal (Mathew Jonson), dubstep (Deadbeat), psytrance (Green Nuns, Domestic, Wrecked Machines, Talpa, Dick Trevor, many more), progressive psy (Andromeda/Chromsome), breaks (Bassnectar!), chill (Zen Lemonade, Ollie Olsen), live music (Wild Marmalade, Spoonbill).. Plus all the usual locals in the form of Sensient, Sun Control, Raptor, Ozzy, etc...

Personally I think Rainbow is one of the most diverse and forward-thinking electronic music gatherings on the planet. It certainly helped to break me out of my own narrow-minded "Psytrance-or-bust" mentality.

kathmandu

MeowTron wrote :

'psytrance-or-bust'

DECRION DEE

MeowTron wrote :
DECRION DEE wrote :

theres an easier fix stop whinging and/or stay at home!

it's all about persona preference. pesonally i don't really like alot of psy if it is predictable formulaic forget it, if it's inovative a fresh awesome. it's hard to keep psy fresh and inovative over 4 days mate a bit hard on the people think about it, banging psy = people tring to keep up = edginess, the vibe would be totally scattered and cause seperation in the crowd. much better it you keep people together in one group as long as possible then have one night of craziness! if it was too crazy to soon there would be problems with vibe by the end of the festival...thats what i reckons...

i love rainbow i like the way there isn't an over saturation of fullon psy because when it comes it has so much more impact.

Wake up to ya self

You got it all wrong I never said I wanted it to be a fullon festival. From my brief post you have made up some kind of illusion im a whinger in your mind

You just fly off the handle, all negative and indeed I think you are the one who should stay home

You have no idea the amount of work I have put in to rainbow in previous years.

Just look for the 7m high fluro strobing beacon that’s where I will be, come and say hello, I think you will learn something.

MeowTron

ohhh look whos getting all offended!!!!!!

ha ha

i think you would learn something from me as well!!!

yes yes i will look for the 7ft high fluro thing

PREPARE YOURSELF!!!!!

traveller

hehe i dont think weve met but i somehow always ended up camped
near that flashy light...very cool beacon :)

Kingswood

spangk

I'm so stoked with the layout of lineup, i can make patterns on it with colours to plan my treks about the site. They've even left nice patches of not much i need to be there so i can sleep and have lunch n stuff, sighh here's to a mellow few days

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Cyberwlf

Decided to go to this now, but keen to find out an <$150 ticket, if anyone knows of one for sale please call, sms, email or PM me! Thanks :)

massive

hey everyone!

i've been checking out the site & the forum, so i ran into this... unfortunately, i'll have to pass this yeah, but i hope i'll be there the next one... :dance:

have fun & cheers from croatia! ;)

reik

This week can't pass fast enough, RSF will be my first doof in over 3 years

Flooble

so is just Dick Trevor or is it the real thing?
gher

I'll be travelling from Sydney and would like some companions for the journey. I've got a car (a big one) so I can take 2-3 passengers plus gear. Plan is to leave Sydney on Friday morning and leave the party on Tuesday morning. PM me if interested.

ruben74

Flooble wrote :

Its the real thing... GNOS live.

t.

Cyberwlf

ruben74 wrote :
Flooble wrote :

Its the real thing... GNOS live.

t.

Wow so all 3 members of GNOTR (Dick Trevor, Neil Cowley and Matt Coldrick) are playing then?

herbsandspices

No Chromosome / Andromeda :(

Still excited though.
31 posts Page 1 of 2