RAINBOW SERPENT FESTIVAL 26-29TH JANUARY 2007

Victoria Forums - Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
109 posts Page 1 of 5
corrie

RAINBOW SERPENT FESTIVAL 2007
Friday 26th January Monday 29th January

Victoria, Australia

The Rainbow Serpent Music, Arts and Lifestyle Festival returns to country Victoria over Australia Day weekend, Friday 26th January Monday 29th January. Internationally recognized as one of Australia's most spectacular outdoor events, the festival has become an extravaganza of music, arts, healing and camping activities.

We invite you to join us in this Collective Vision where dreams and creative expression become reality. Rainbow Serpent Festival is a place where your spirit can soar within a community of dance, love and partying!

GET INVOLVED:
We will soon be inviting participation for next years event, all previous volunteers and performers will be emailed.

Ticket and Artist info will be available soon.

Check the website http://www.rainbowserpent.net/ for updates...

Love and Light...

[Admin Edit: Lineup added to first post!]
MAIN STAGE:
TICON - live ( DIGITAL STRUCTURES , SWEDEN )
JOTI SIDHU - live ( NEUROBIOTIC , UK )
PIXEL - live ( HOMMEGA , ISRAEL )
ATMOS - live ( ACDC , SWEDEN )
D-NOX ( SPROUT , GERMANY )
ALLABY - live ( NANO , UK )
PETER DIGITAL ( DIGITAL STRUCTURES , SWEDEN )
GANGA GIRI - live ( TERMITE , AUSTRALIA )
RYO ( SOLSTICE , JAPAN )
SUN CONTROL SPECIES - live ( IBOGA , AUSTRALIA )
KOTARO ( WONKAVATOR , JAPAN )
ADHAM SHAIKH ( INTERCHILL , CANADA )
MARKET STAGE
Edoardo ( Neurobiotic Records , Italy )
Loopus In Fabula ( Fabula Records , Italy )
Alex Smoke ( Soma , UK )
Liquid Ross ( Liquid Records , UK )
Antix/ Fiord ( Iboga , NZ )
Kasey Taylor ( Vapour , Australia )
Max Maxwell ( Golden Bay , NZ )
Sensient ( Zennon , Australia )
Super Cozi ( Mad Skippers , Japan )
Lunaspice ( BUS , France )
Gavin Keitel ( Sunny , Australia )
Spoonbill ( Omelette , Australia )
Schwaa ( Beef Records , Checkslovakia )
Sonify ( Tribal Vision , Israel )
Mindelight ( Phonokol , Mexico )
Frequence ( Iboga , Australia )
Solatek, Mantrix, Andrew till, Jaimz, Tim Harvey, D-Mak, Eegor, Gavin Martin, Jonny Mac, Decoy, Kundalini, Raptor, Jetmore, Tetrameth, Nick Taylor, Andrew Haig, Bass Bin Laden, Simon Slieker, Heath Myers, Papa Stylee, Scotrod, Hans DC, DJCB, Max Grill, Miyagi, Cecille, Dave Pham

CHILL AREA
Spyda Monky Paul Abad Robodop Snei Sam I Am Schofield selwa sub ritual super cozi superfluous nipple Thalamus The Blank Theory Tonal Discharge zog quietime Bent Intent d-Rektional dakini Don Peyote Dr.Zaius Gaia Golden Camel Kali Mac Compatible Mantrix chill Numatica Oblique Industries Ones and Zeros Dogom Rotor Reflektion Native Robodopsnei Phloem Miso Andrew Till Taka bags

POOL PARTY
Dale , Bobby Raver , Benzai , Flux , TD Shagga , Zok

nat

Why does this always have to be the same weekend as both the Sydney and Melbourne big day outs?

jaimz

nat wrote :
Why does this always have to be the same weekend as both the Sydney and Melbourne big day outs?

Because it's the only long weekend in Summer that isn't NYE or Christmas.

Woody

nat wrote :

by securing the cheese to be in the city.... it might also secure K9's and swine.. too

or does that not make sence...

Sunrunner

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

rainbow serpent :D

that is all.

dwight.

nat

I will one day make it but Tool, muse, and the killers are playing the big day out so far.

jaimz

Whatever rocks your boat. Speaking personally, I went to six Big Day Outs (1994 - 2000, not including the "year they didn't have one" when they had that electronica thing at Appin Park), and then finally in 2001 went to a Rainbow Serpent Festival, and have never since, even momentarily, considered going to another Big Day Out.

But then I'm a bit, well, you know. Dumb. No, wait. The other one. Brilliant. Ah, yes. Brilliant.

Cyberwlf

I'll be seeing Tool in their own concert in Sydney then heading down to mexico for Rainbow. :)

nat

Cyberwlf: that drive to Elixer your mates did enough convincing for me to catch tool but I missed out on concert tix so will catch them at the bdo instead.

jaimz: bdo is the one day of the year I get to catch some live non dance music.

azza

fuack driving, its quicker, and cheaper to fly these days... hire a car at melbourne airport, flog the shit outta it on the way there... sleep on the plane on the way home. sorted...

Sunrunner

i reckon its cheaper to drive with four people in the car, and you can make a much more comfortable campsite with all the gear you bring as well :)

flashfire

We did RSF and BDO a few years ago. It can be done!

Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING was going to stop me from seeing Janes Addiction and Underworld, even though I had long ago hung up my BDO boots. So, we packed up camp at RSF early in the day and drove straight to some last minute accommodation we had booked in Melbourne. Showered off the doof dust and made our way to the BDO. Required a quick adaptation to a very differently wired culture though! People didn't know how to respond when I apologised for bumping into them. :lol:

PsiNet

Absolutely stoked, but the only confirmed artist I can find out atm is D-Nox. Alien Project has been rumoured. Any more REAL info?

By the way hi all, been away a long time ;)

corrie

First Round Early Bird Tickets on sale now for $80 at rainbowserpent.net under the tickets menu... Dont sleep on this they will go superfast!

Love and Light...

telli

can someone pick me up from the airport and take me there???

jaimz

PsiNet wrote :
Absolutely stoked, but the only confirmed artist I can find out atm is D-Nox. Alien Project has been rumoured. Any more REAL info?

The Alien Project comment is a joke. He was an arrogant prick last time he played at RSF, so he's now the butt of many jokes. I very much doubt you'll ever see him play an RSF again.

Sunrunner

jaimz wrote :
PsiNet wrote :

The Alien Project comment is a joke. He was an arrogant prick last time he played at RSF, so he's now the butt of many jokes. I very much doubt you'll ever see him play an RSF again.

no loss, but that's just my opinion ;)

at least d-nox will be playing! not that the lineup worries me, RSF will put on a good show :)

dwight.

nervous

Human Blue. Thats my reason for going. Got my tickets, and really looking forward to it. :D

Cyberwlf

I have my ticket now too, not paying heaps again like i had to this year!

Sunrunner

nervous wrote :
Human Blue. Thats my reason for going. Got my tickets, and really looking forward to it. :D

wow that'd be great :) not sure on some of the more powertrance stuff on his new album, but it's still got that trancey human blue edge.

sweet!

Cosmic Wizard

nervous wrote :

First round early birds are close now.

Second round Early Bird are open at $90 a pop.

Face it people, you know you want to go, so buy your tickets now before they hit about $140. :D

FRACAS

lock it in!!!!.....

~Wicked Angel~

ahhh shit! missed out on the $80 ones already? damn it! Do the second round still come with a cd?

Sunrunner

there's no cd this year, but from past experience i think only first round come with a cd.

dwight.

Bindi

*yay* got my first release ticket & there's a group of our doof family coming over from New Caledonia for this one!!!

...can't wait! :bounce:
109 posts Page 1 of 5