Isotopia Eclipse Festival - 15th, 16th 17th August 2008

Northern Territory Forums - Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
acidoofilus

The madness continues! 15th, 16th 17th August 2008.

Now out of nappies and into it's 3rd big year, the NT's first and premier 3 day alternate music and environment festival, Isotopia, is on again.

This year the Darwin mob are very proud to present the Isotopia Eclipse Festival 2008.

Interstate and International groovers (especially 01/08/2008 solar eclipse chasers) must book your cheap flights now (or soon).

The dates are Friday 15th, Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th August 2008.

Always held on the full moon, this year a very special event happens, with a partial lunar eclipse in the morning of Sunday the 17th August.

Maximum eclipse is at 06:41:11 CST (NT time), with the eclipse starting at 03:54:46 CST, be in penumbra at 05:06:34 CST. The site has an excellent view to the west and chances of cloud are zero.

As always, keep an eye on this space and check out our website at isotopiafestival.org (Soon to be updated)

This year will feature more indigenous content and environmental activities.

As always the event is being held with our indigenous friends on their ancestral stomping grounds in the community of Woolaning, located within the awe inspiring Litchfield National Park.

Many details are being currently worked out, artists, costs etc.

One thing that we can tell you, is this year every person on site (regardless of status) will have to pay a nominal camping fee, to ensure the ongoing festival. More on this as details are confirmed.

More soon, tell all your friends, book your tickets and we hope to see you at Isotopia Eclipse Festival 2008.

Incongruous

Yeah looks sik!

Can't wait for this.

Cymo

Here we go again, cant wait to be back out doofin at the luscious Pethericks rainforest :bounce:

www.liber8tor.com.au www.isotopiafestival.org

The Journey Man Project

hmmm as long as it won;t be the disaster I found at the 2002 outback eclipse festivla I may be tempted to attend this...

Cymo

Just checked out Tiger Airways www.tigerairways.com and flights from Melbourne to Darwin wed 13.8.08 and return to Melb tues 19.8.08 are only $249.00 return. Not sure how long these prices will last though. :atom:

Check out the Conditions for baggage allowances. They allow upto 7kg carry on baggage and upto 15kg other. Dunno about fire sticks etc tho.
http://www.tigerairways.com/home/condit ... rriage.php
Last edited by Cymo on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

venatrix

This looks completely awesome, will try to be there fo rizzle

Teejay

Man would love to get to this shindig!
Keep it unreal all you darz crew mad brus

Zentient

Really looking forward to playing some nice chilled grooves for y'all when I fly over with the Sideproject crew from Canberra.

Looks set to be a mad festival!!

Peace, love and chill,

Triskele 8) :trip:

astrix

Awesome event. We loved vjing and had a blast. We even stepped in a djed (with windows media player lol) in between bands because the stageys lappy got destroyed. So you can blame me for the 'cruel sea' song :)
I got a Reiki session from Adette (?) and still need to return my share of the barter. I want to send/upload her some vj clips so she can get started. If you know her send em my addy imagineer at imagineer dot net dot au

We'll get some pics up on liber8tor.com.au when the crew come back to earth.

Aneurysm

That was so good. Just got back to canberra, thanks for having us guys!

Zentient

Aaah what can I say - Isotopia was just magic!!! Thanks so much Si, Johnno, Gaia and the rest of the NT crew for having us...we'll be back for more next year.

Can I just say that I really appreciate that this festival had balance! I loved the fact that environmental activism, live bands and chilled grooves were there to complement and offset the pumping psy and prog.

My personal highlights:

DJ Spider's beautiful tune choice at midday Saturday - she drew a special little crowd to the dancefloor, the energy was pure progressive harmony and we all were loving it!

The giant mushrooms! Perfect for decor, seating and bubble-blowing! Cheers Gaia :)

The moment when Incongruous dropped a remix of Deep Forest's 'Sweet Lullaby' and about 50 extra people ran to the dancefloor - yeeha!

The stunning gold-leaf and amber sunsets each night - I'm going to miss those back in Canberra.

Beautiful location. Beautiful people. Beautiful party. BIG UPS TO ISO!

Love Odette (Triskele) :love:

Oohh...and...

astrix wrote :
I got a Reiki session from Adette (?) and still need to return my share of the barter. I want to send/upload her some vj clips so she can get started. If you know her send em my addy imagineer at imagineer dot net dot au

Check your PMs Mister - it's me :D
11 posts Page 1 of 1