NorthDream - Winter Solstice to Spring Equinox 2005

Northern Territory Forums - Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

Have you ever been doofing in Central Australia or the NT?

19%
Yes
81%
No

Total votes: 16

northdream

Stay tuned here for more info about NorthDream, a continuation of EarthDream tour planned for 2005.

We are planning a range of events over 6-8 weeks (or longer) through out some of the most awesome country in Australia.

These events are planned for June-August 2005 and will be produced in collaboration with various local crew, indigenous mobs up north and you when you get there.

We are also hoping to provide workshops in djing, lighting and video projection, sound reinforcement, deco, atmosphere, door bitching, and all the other fun parts of doofing for locals in the communities we will be visiting. With your help hopefully.

We cant say much at the moment except that there will be several small parties around NT, then maybe a 3 day festival outside Darwin, then a small party the week after out bush somewhere along the way or something like that.

Stay tuned to the NT board here for more details.

www.australiens.net/whatson/nt/
Last edited by northdream on Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

harminize

8) 8) 8) please keep us informed :D :D :D
Last edited by harminize on Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun-Slinger

Theres actually a N.T section.... :lol:

That is the most psyless place in Oz , then Perth....

RUN , RUN WHILE U STILL CAN !! Ive lived there , i know whats its like.... If u really love psy ... MOVE ! Theres nothing up there , never will be. (except maybe this gig ... )
Kaneda

Don't mind Gun-Slinger guys, he can't stand being happy with anything!

Best of luck with this party, I'd love to check out the Northern Territory :D

Gun-Slinger

LMAO - Yeah me having lived there , Ud think id have some idea about darwins psy scene ....... I guess not though.

Ive chatted in detail to mutliple groups of backpackers touring oz and everyone of them Said they wish they had been better informed about darwin. See the travel agents broshure will tell and show u lots of amazing thigns about darwin but what it dosnt show is that its basically an assemblance of Suburbs in the middle of noWhere. There is no Psytrance scene there , no one in darwin has a fuggin clue what it is . Any person who goes there thinking they will catch a good doof is thinking bout the wrong state.

Tell u what kaneda , u go to darwin , go enjoy the psy scene there. We'll see how optamistic ur outlook on N.T's psy scene is then. :lol:

northdream

Despite the protestations of Gun Slinger there is more to living somewhere than its psy scene. If this was true, then we would all live in one place right?

And guess what. Hes wrong about a few things.

1. There is a small but dedicated psy scene up here. The electronic scene in general is broader than psy, which may be a good thing for a lot of people.

2. The ' no where ' that the suburbs are in the middle of is actually some the most beautiful, least populated areas of Australia.
Usually a requirement for good parties I understand.

3. The authorities (or whatever) have a very laid back attitude. that I dont see happening around Brisneyland, Cairns, Byron, Melbourne or where it is that Gun Slinger is from.

4. So backpackers are the source of all psy news in this country are they? Wow man you are SO connected. As far as I can see most backpackers wouldnt know a good party if one jumped into their falcon stationwagons and bit em on the finger.

Any how heres hoping that peoples out (down) there [down and out?] do get it together to travel up this way.

Remember Gun Slinger that Darwin and surrounds is about 19 - 29 degrees eveyday at that time of year (July-August), it never rains, so get out of yr cold little holes everyone and we hope to see you on the dancefloor.

harminize

hoping me and my girlfriend can make it to Northdream....so would love to hoilday/doof in N.T .... :D :D :D

ps ... gun slinger ..Grow up :twisted: :roll: :!:

Gun-Slinger

4. So backpackers are the source of all psy news in this country are they? Wow man you are SO connected. As far as I can see most backpackers wouldnt know a good party if one jumped into their falcon stationwagons and bit em on the finger.
- Source of all psy news... i gave u that impression did i??? love how peoples twist others words so as to have something to argue about.
In regards to a backpackers abiltiy to find a party , i think u greatly underestimate them , seeing as there peoples on holiday , looking for a Parties and a good time, who can use the internet and also communicate with the locals ...
And Due to darwins size it makes it even easier to find the psy.

Besides the point as my argument isnt based on what backpackers think ( its based on my own opinion while living and holidaying there).

Harminize , enjoy ur stay up there. Its a beautifl place WITH NO PSY and plenty of natural Attractions. :twisted:
psymo

Hi all,

Interesting comments from Gunslinger. No, the psy scene isnt huge up here, but there are a few of us dedicated psy mortals who are doing something to change that. He obviously didnt connect with the psy scene whilst up here, and maybe there was some universal reason for that.

So if your a litle wayward and looking for crew in the psy scene here in Darwin, feel free to get in touch with Si, Pete and Crag from the Four Elements Events crew. You can contact me (Si) direct on 0408 904 116, send me a text, or get onto our website www.fourelements.com.au and get the low down on when our next doof is. If there are other crews wanting to do events up here, we are only too happy to work in with them.

And psy isnt the only thing NT has to offer. We also have other genres to please the senses too, check us out. :wink:

silly the kid

I'd come to a party in NT for sure! (Im from Sydney) I'm planning to come that way this year anyway and would love to do it when there is a party on.

Keep posting details here cos with the cheaper flights these days and spot ticket sales it's much more tempting to travel spontaneously. Obviously as far in advance gives us the opportunity to get our A into G. Pump it up!
walkabout

i'm from germany, been a long time in australia. beside this i am not a backpacker.... backpacker are getting substitution from parents and they are helpless and so on... i had my best time in the NT and want to greet the elfin forest crew! :D sure the NT is a remote area, but especially this makes it nice. is small but great trance scene up there and they love what they're doing, thats importent....love and have good parties
psytye

Gun-Slinger wrote :
That is the most psyless place in Oz , then Perth....

haha this fool really has no clue... personally i don't know what it is like in darwin, but from what i read here there is a nice little scene happening there.

but perth is far from psyless. during the doof season(spring, summer, autumn), we usually have 2-3 doofs a month depending on weather. these doofs normally attract between 100-300 people for an average party. not to mention the numerous psy house parties that happen all over the place. and also not to mention the fact that we had Infected Mushroom play a live and dj set here earlier this year. also not to mention the fact that simon posford is coming over in december to play a live Hallucinogen set, and a Shpongle dj set. Dark Soho will also be paying at that gig. also not to mention the festival that is in the planning, which will hopefully be happening next year sometime.

so get a fukn clue before you open your mouth about shit you know nothing about!

Big respect to the darwin crew! keep up the good work, i would love to party with you guys one day. i was born in darwin so would love to get back there for a boogie!

Teejay

Shit yeah!
I've just moved here and am keen to doof in killer humidity. Perth has a small doof scene, but if you want them you have to help out anyway you can (tell everyone when it's happeninig and help get them going.
Hey fluro stan i tried to call but no joy. I've emailed ya too with my number, so please get in touch.
There is no way that doof lovers should leave here for doof. Those of us here have to stay and nurture it and it will grow.
Go sick!
13 posts Page 1 of 1