Psy scene in Thailand???

International & Overseas Events & Discussion
3 posts Page 1 of 1
keirrajade

i'm going to Thailand tomorrow for three weeks (Chiang Mai, Phuket, Samui, Bangkok) and was wondering if anyone knew of any doofs/clubs that play psy over there? (apart from the full moon party of course!) Is there a doof scene there?
MotherShabubu

keirrajade wrote :
i'm going to Thailand tomorrow for three weeks (Chiang Mai, Phuket, Samui, Bangkok) and was wondering if anyone knew of any doofs/clubs that play psy over there? (apart from the full moon party of course!) Is there a doof scene there?

In Bangkok, Ooze Bar (a few tables and a CD player on Soi Rambutri just near Khao San Rd) have psy every night (except a couple of Mondays a month when they are closed). Not the nicest place but a good place to meet people and you often get some fun street partying there. Easy Bar in RCA (big club complex) does psy on Saturday nights, a little small and pricey drinks but not bad. There are also occasional other parties in Bangkok. There is one this Friday night that should be good. Though I don't remember the name of the venue. You could find out at Ooze bar though.
There is a party over Christmas (25-27) on a boat in a lake (bus from Bangkok to the party) that should be really good though it has limited numbers (100) and may be booked out by now.
For NYE there is a multi-day party on Koh Tao.
And apart from full moon, which is largely non-psy and attracts a fairly questionable crowd, there are other smaller psy parties on Koh Phangan every few days and after parties at Ban Sabai (bar on the beach) that are nice.
Galactic Monkey

Check out Black Moon parties instead ;) Heard from a reliable source that Full Moon parties can be quite dirty (needles on dance floor etc) but Black Moon are apparently the way to go :) Enjoy, might be there myself later on this year :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1