VECTOR - Sat February 12th feat. Beka, Ghettafunkt and more!

Queensland Forums (Brisbane etc) - Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
65 posts Page 2 of 3

Pi_Rate

What's wrong with bikers??

geoky

Kaneda wrote :
You can pretty much ask for them and get them, but basicly 'right people' means don't give them to police, or bikies :shock: :P

Or bush rangers :?

Tyssen

geoky wrote :
Kaneda wrote :
You can pretty much ask for them and get them, but basicly 'right people' means don't give them to police, or bikies :shock: :P

Or bush rangers :?

Do you mean like Captain Midnight? :wink:

Kaneda

Pi_Rate wrote :
What's wrong with bikers??

They aren't allowed into our club, they don't have cool shoes. :lol:

....Well nothing really... Generic scarey people is more to the point.
newinbrisvegas

Hey can anyone give me a lift, ive just moved up from melb and dont have a car or know a soul in the scene up here in bris-vegas! i would be forever grateful but i dunno if i'll be able to fulfil ALL of the unspoken obligations of hitchhikers unfortunately ;) 0433244337 cheers!

Karl
yawnthesleepy

but i wanted to bring my bikie friend :( thanks stu for being all exclusive and all, ya elitist
Kaneda

yawnthesleepy wrote :
but i wanted to bring my bikie friend :( thanks stu for being all exclusive and all, ya elitist

Hehe!

Bikies welcome :P
Gun-Slinger

Hey im a little confused. The Nrthn Nsw thread for this party insinuates that it will be held in there area.... And Theres no release For location in either.

Stu can u tell us please what area ur looking at , Nsw or Qld ??

Cheers dude

P.S - Cant wait

upsyde

would like to attend this party. Could someone pls pm me with directions/location would be much apreciated.
Pi_Rate

Gun-Slinger wrote :
Hey im a little confused.

:lol:
So true. :!:

Kaneda

OK - Location released tomorrow!
Yet another site has fallen through, and this is looking to be the last but mabye best choice...

Sorry for all the delays! The directions and info will be e-mailed/private messaged to those who have asked for it, please pass it on to the appropriate people...

Thankyou! :)

Pi_Rate

No, No...
thank YOU :!:

sam i am

see you there in the morning 8)

turbolax

So like dudes, is it Queensland?
pm moi si vous plait 8)

Mesq

Umm ... directions are a goer :)

Triffid Hunter

ooh i'd love to come! send me some directions?

last doof i went to was at belthorpe quite some time ago...

volt

All systems are go from what i last heard....

meet ya's all down at the site...

Dazrae

Were off all, those who have my number are welcome to give me a call for directions

Wil see everyone sometime tonite-tomorrow morning!

-Dazrae
PsyKadet
Gun-Slinger

Pi_Rate wrote :
Gun-Slinger wrote :
Hey im a little confused.

:lol:
So true. :!:

The only thing im confused about pirate is why u are so Antagonistic. Ive got strong opinions. I refuse to just sit back and be a parrot and tell u what u want to hear " ArCCCKK , Good party ", "ArKKK , That lineup is great", " Sqeuaawk Whatever Pi_rate said" , is that too much for ur Delicate Little self ?

Fuck , I voice my opinions about the Lack of outdoors in qld and Certain Peoples Took it VERY MUCH TO HEART. Just becuase u disagree with me on a subject dosnt neccesatate Sarcastic and Pesamistic Comments that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

ITS ON TONIGHT(in >>Nrthn NSW<< , PM if u need directions) AND I CANT WAIT !!! C YAH THERE FOLKS !! :D

Triffid Hunter

does anyone have a spare seat and can drop thru toowong? all my friends' cars are full so far :(
Gun-Slinger

Wow ..... that was "Something".

The location was pretty good .. nice and close ( only 2 and 1/2 hours drive from brizzy ) , The Sound setup was well done and the visuals ( especially the V'jing) was great.

The first set i caught was quite nice .... Hard and stompin. The second set was KILLER , Volt that was the first time i caught your set (my mates who have caught ur sets multiple times say u get better every time) and hopefully not the last , ANY dj that play's Twisted System - Mad Method , i respect big time. I have been waiting for a while for someone to play that ( its in my set im buildin ) and then i thought " Mexican jesus would do well in this set " .... then u played mexican jesus.... :lol: , GREAT STUFF DUDE.

OK then the night Went DownHill BIG TIME. The lineup shifted from Hard stomping psy to CHEESY , BLOODY 80's video game psy with the worst F*&#@*^ synths/vst's i ever heard. That was stu's set ( stu dl new vst's)

Then came the next dj .... Some petite Young lady , AND I KNEW , KNEW, it wasnt going to get any better from there. Those 2 hours where as bad if not worse than the last 2.... HORRIABLE pathetic Little Girl psy. It was so high pitched , so Bubbly i almost bashed my head against a tree ( decided to go wait in the car and listen to real music instead , it hurt less). It didnt start getting bearable till the next dj ( also a young lady ....) but only just. I left soon after.

That lineup was not properlly organized. It either should have been a stomping hard night , or a CHEESY SHIT NIGHT... choose one or the other next time :verymad:

yawnthesleepy

got back from a month away from brisbane on saturday. i rushed my trip back to make this doof, and as i expected it showed me what a doof is supposed to be. beautiful little location, gorgeous lighting, visuals and decor, and the best music i have heard in FOREVER... actually, i would go so far as to say that Vector provided the best night of psy i have ever heard, because all sets except one were to my taste, and that one set i enjoyed tremendously (it just wasn't my taste), and that is a ridiculously high percentage of good music to be listened to. sorry to sam and paul for missing their sets, if i had have stayed i would have fallen asleep anyway, but it was unfortunate as i didn't get to make it to submerge either and always look forward to sam-i-am and paul abad sets.

sets of the night go to:

volt, that was deliciously dark, but unlike most dark sets i hear it had variety and kept me interested as well as stomping the whole way through.

the "Petite young lady" as gun-slinger calls Ghettafunkt is one of the best djs i've ever seen, and played such a juicy set i was fascinated the entire way through. i would love to see her cd collection, or moreso own it... goddamn Gi'iwa...

Gun-Slinger

Ghettafunk then ..... i dont care , she plays music that makes me :vomit:

The Worst track of the night was played by her. It was a very high pitched poorly synthed song with a sample from Tom greens Movie , Freddy got fingerd. The sample was from the cartoon he makes at the end , the zebra family ..... " OHHH HOOO HOO , LOOOK AT MY HOOVES " " LOOK AT MY HOOVES" over and over and over again for 5 minutes or longer...... Pathetic

Dazrae

Apart from being a really unconstructive post and secondly putting down some of the local scenes most respected and talented dj's. Kaneda with those "cheezy synths" happens to be one of the VERY fast up-and-coming producers in the area, shit i love his sets SOMETHING DIFFERENT I TELLS YA. To knock ghettafunkt makes you look like a fool - sorry - truth, apart from being hasseled to play nearly weekly having her say yes and taking the time for us we should (and 99.9999999% are) be thankful!! (WICKED one miss funkt BTW)

And finally - to knock Beka - whom has played just about everywhere globally - *sigh* i wont bother

Not sure if you bothered to stay for Mr Spectrangle but also a highlight set for me

*sigh* some people just want 12 hours of skazi rmx's and deathmetal trance:lol: :lol: :lol: Cant please em all ROFL

newinbrisvegas

i had a really cool time, i thought the tunes were very good, with nice dark tracks in the dead of the night and lighter stuff as everyone was lazing around in the morning heat. somebody please tell me the name of the track with the kill bill "...like we say ARIGATO" sample in it, or was that in a live set?
good night, fun for the whole family!
p.s. sorry to the people who gave me a lift for being a random paranoid tripper!
65 posts Page 2 of 3