VECTOR - Sat February 12th feat. Beka, Ghettafunkt and more!

Queensland Forums (Brisbane etc) - Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
65 posts Page 3 of 3

Kaneda

newinbrisvegas wrote :
i had a really cool time, i thought the tunes were very good, with nice dark tracks in the dead of the night and lighter stuff as everyone was lazing around in the morning heat. somebody please tell me the name of the track with the kill bill "...like we say ARIGATO" sample in it, or was that in a live set?
good night, fun for the whole family!
p.s. sorry to the people who gave me a lift for being a random paranoid tripper!

Great to hear you had a good time :)

Hope to see you out and about more often... I hear rumours of some semi-regular nights in the City (Brisbane) soon... 8)

jaimz

newinbrisvegas wrote :
somebody please tell me the name of the track with the kill bill "...like we say ARIGATO" sample in it

Psysex and Rocky - Japanese Awa

Available on Time and Space 3, Maia Records.

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/disp ... sp?id=4519

Gun-Slinger

I dont mind if u think i look foolish posting that(dazaree). Thats what i thought. Fine if u liked it :)

I dont care that shes getting booked alot ... i wouldnt book her in a million years . BAD PSY , BAD BAD PSY !! And when did i give shit to beka ??? I said it was bearable ..... ( after just listening to 4 hours of bad music it was very hard to get back in the groove again). Ive spoken to other peoples and im not the only one who was "Unimpressed" with the sets being put on.

Fair enought u disagree with me Dazaree but dont say i enjoy skazi rmx's ..... thats the one thing i get insulted by!!

P.S - stu definently has the right stuff to make great music .... Just not using the right sounds :wink:

Kaneda

Gun-Slinger wrote :
I dont mind if u think i look foolish posting that(dazaree). Thats what i thought. Fine if u liked it :)

I dont care that shes getting booked alot ... i wouldnt book her in a million years . BAD PSY , BAD BAD PSY !! And when did i give shit to beka ??? I said it was bearable ..... ( after just listening to 4 hours of bad music it was very hard to get back in the groove again). Ive spoken to other peoples and im not the only one who was "Unimpressed" with the sets being put on.

Fair enought u disagree with me Dazaree but dont say i enjoy skazi rmx's ..... thats the one thing i get insulted by!!

P.S - stu definently has the right stuff to make great music .... Just not using the right sounds :wink:

You're speaking *very* objectively!

'Right' sounds?

Sorry, I'm giving you no more wood to burn.

Sezzy

Ghettafunk rocks my world! I reckon her set really hit the spot :-) So funky & fun & psycedelic :-p

For interest sake... heres her set list (hehe hope she doesnt mind my copy/pasting this across boards

Squaremeat - Liukutaklaus (unr exogenic)
Tea chairs - O Kiini (unr demon tea)
Tea Chairs - Listen to my Hooves (unr demon tea)
Neuron Compost - Meat Nectar (unr giiwa)
Syntax Error - Eat Me (??)
Vicious Spiral - Froggystyle (unr)
Eat Static - City of Sin (??)
Squaremeat - Shinkansen rmx (unr exogenic)
Neuron Compost - snakes wake (unr giiwa)
Neuron Compost - Izzilop Pop (Schizm - giiwa)
Haltya - Dancing into the Night (Forest Flavour - exogenic)
Eraser vs Yojalka - Random Sector (Tarinat - exogenic)
Huopatossu Mononen - Paluumatikailija (FCD03 - Freakdance)
Mandalavandalz - Bartagah (i think its on-Kamakaze - 6d sounds)

So much Aussie talent there!!!
& Neuron Compost rocks my socks!! (had an awsome boogy to Izzilop, gotta love that track.

Gun-Slinger wrote :
Little Girl psy

?? wtf... please... please define 'girl psy'

Vector had one of the best construced lineups i've seen at a party for a while... nice variety & perfect flow. Went from progressive, to stompin, to dark, funky psycedelic, to morning bliss......
I love lineups like that...
cause if i dont like one particular style... i can have a break from the dancefloor & catch up with mates.
I dont get bored to tears with top 40 psy or over cooked with to much cheese.

Anyway.... *claps to Stu*
for pulling off a great party :-)

looking forward to the next Polysonic installment!

yawnthesleepy

Sezzy wrote :
Vector had one of the best construced lineups i've seen at a party for a while... nice variety & perfect flow. Went from progressive, to stompin, to dark, funky psycedelic, to morning bliss......
I love lineups like that...
cause if i dont like one particular style... i can have a break from the dancefloor & catch up with mates.
I dont get bored to tears with top 40 psy or over cooked with to much cheese.

well said

volt

Becouse im a lazy bugger , i have cut and pasted my review from the oztrance party review thred , hope ya's don't mind....... if so then:P

now that was a fantastic night...

After arriving to find that the system was still locked up tight in the van , and the TEE PEE still without lights , i knew that it was gunna take something speacial to turn this from nightmare , into the majical journey that it was...

And that somehting speaical did happen - which only Stew and crew can do...

Rob was the first up - and procced to great the spot with loverly tough disco/ prog , which ive been waiting for ages to hear him play , and i must say , it was much much much better then i ever imagined - it even got me up dancing like a monkey befor there even was a dance floor..

Dantara - whill these tunes where not quite to my liking , and needed a little more OMPH for that time of the night , it was great just to chill back to , and meet some new ppl and also old friends which where comming for the night...

I was up next , and after determaning that the party needed a little bit of dark in ther air - i played what i thought the party needed , thank u too everyone that danced , and gave great encouragment... (***also a HUGE thanks to dantara - who after realising that i had left one of the channels up , whilst looking for a ue point (*that was the shuddering everyone heard - he he he) procced to run up and turn it down for me - i didn't even realise , as i had the headphones on Confused )

Kaneda - now thats what i call making a progress for the best - i loved your set , and really enjoyed your latest music , even the Nam shub an enki track u threw in (*was that who it was by???) - thanks heaps for the party dude , and also giving everyone who DJed a chance to play!....

Gettafunked - now that was what i like to call PSYCODELIC - i don't think i have ever personaly enjoyed one of your sets us much as i did on sat night , it twisted and turned in so many ways , im not sure which was i ended up , but none the less , it was a journey i would love to take again!

Beka - sorry , but after what gettafunk did to my head , i needed to get down to the beach as quick as possible and have a bit of a breathe - but what i could hear from down on the dunes , it was a great!

After this - i sorta started drifting from one place to the other , and i really can't give a very accurat description of any of the sets.. sorry goes out to spec and sam i am...

sorry i had to leave befor u played Paul abad , but my comfy lounge was calling , and the need for an icy cold drink.....

all in all , i thought i was a fantastic party , and i look forward to many more to come.....

p.s. to the ppl in the carpark - who felt the need to throw insults at me , about the party and such not what - if u didn't feel like the party was going to be any good for u - why not simply go home??? instead of passing bad vibes and making me feel uncomfertable even walking passed ya group.... Isn't it time we open up to the fact that ppl like to throw different parties , and that variaty is the spice of life??????
Last edited by volt on Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

earworm

Gun-Slinger wrote :
Ghettafunk then ..... i dont care , she plays music that makes me :vomit:

The Worst track of the night was played by her. It was a very high pitched poorly synthed song with a sample from Tom greens Movie , Freddy got fingerd. The sample was from the cartoon he makes at the end , the zebra family ..... " OHHH HOOO HOO , LOOOK AT MY HOOVES " " LOOK AT MY HOOVES" over and over and over again for 5 minutes or longer...... Pathetic

hahaha, gunslinger can you write me a reference, i would love to quote "my music makes some ppl puke" in future promo material.
I really dont mind that you hate my music, I dont think any dj can pls everyone...but what do you mean by pathetic little girl psy???
It's not the most constructive critisism! Moreso degrading and very unprofessional, being that your obviously a dj yourself, with that kind of attitude i wouldnt be booking you either....
There are ALOT of ppl who dont like that style, and i am more than happy to accomodate their opinions, but your the first person in my 7 or so years of djing (including the ol killah psytrance) who has been so harsh in their critisism.

I'll give you a tip, dont EVER go to parties in finland!!

earworm

Gun-Slinger wrote :
Ive spoken to other peoples and im not the only one who was "Unimpressed" with the sets being put on.

I have to continue because you are very contradictory in what you say....

as for the quote above, it leads me to believe that you speak from your ego. You obviously need confirmation from others to prove that you are "right" about what you say. And that is your ego talking right there.

Gun-Slinger wrote :

so you can insult someones intergrity, but if another attacks you and your ego, then you become insulted, i think you need to take a page out of your own book.....

Gun-Slinger wrote :

once again its your ego talking....who are you to judge what is "right"??? There is no guide book to life or music for that matter, music is an expression of the individual, and if your baseing your judgements from the majority, then diddums to you, your just another sheep following the flock. Diversity is what makes us such a facinating species...try being open minded its a nice EXPERIENCE.

PsyGecko

*SIGH*

Keep digging Gun-Slinger haha.

I had a rockin time at this party. And thats what matters to me 8)

Kaneda

I think a few vampires saw the fresh meat of vibrance and want to sink thier teeth...

I'm going to post a review really soon :)

Lightningfrog

I know a certain girl dj who doesn't rock up to parties till after sunrise 'cause she's not into the "nighttime" vibe. I've never heard her say a bad word about anyone who plays/produces music for that vibe, in fact she supports those guys......maybe some should take a leaf?

Gun-Slinger

lmao , Good to hear others had a good time :P

Tyssen

Lightningfrog wrote :
maybe some should take a leaf?

Mmmm, buds would be better. :wink:
sam i am

Gun-Slinger wrote :
Wow ..... that was "Something".

The location was pretty good .. nice and close ( only 2 and 1/2 hours drive from brizzy ) , The Sound setup was well done and the visuals ( especially the V'jing) was great.

The first set i caught was quite nice .... Hard and stompin. The second set was KILLER , Volt that was the first time i caught your set (my mates who have caught ur sets multiple times say u get better every time) and hopefully not the last , ANY dj that play's Twisted System - Mad Method , i respect big time. I have been waiting for a while for someone to play that ( its in my set im buildin ) and then i thought " Mexican jesus would do well in this set " .... then u played mexican jesus.... :lol: , GREAT STUFF DUDE.

OK then the night Went DownHill BIG TIME. The lineup shifted from Hard stomping psy to CHEESY , BLOODY 80's video game psy with the worst F*&#@*^ synths/vst's i ever heard. That was stu's set ( stu dl new vst's)

Then came the next dj .... Some petite Young lady , AND I KNEW , KNEW, it wasnt going to get any better from there. Those 2 hours where as bad if not worse than the last 2.... HORRIABLE pathetic Little Girl psy. It was so high pitched , so Bubbly i almost bashed my head against a tree ( decided to go wait in the car and listen to real music instead , it hurt less). It didnt start getting bearable till the next dj ( also a young lady ....) but only just. I left soon after.

That lineup was not properlly organized. It either should have been a stomping hard night , or a CHEESY SHIT NIGHT... choose one or the other next time :verymad:

you're funny :lol:
65 posts Page 3 of 3