***EMERGENCY IN QLD*** THERE IS NO OUTDOORS !!

Queensland Forums (Brisbane etc) - Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
85 posts Page 2 of 4

Pi_Rate

Yeah :!:

I rekon we should have a soltice celebration every week.
Or a daily Salute to the Sun doof.

Rokkin', i rekon you'd build heaps more patronage if people knew they could doof everyday. Shit, I'm up for it- fulltime VJing has gotta be better than my day job :wink:

Remember doof isn't just a party, its a way of life. :killah:

OnlyPsychedelic

rollyz wrote :
Your lucky that there be only 1 party every two months. Bring back the good old days of fewer parties. Quality, not Quantity. And everyone turns up to them, which makes them more special. ;)

hashahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
WTF.

Tyssen

n00dle wrote :
After seeing some of my favourite bands doing 'world tours', most of them stopped in australia all over the place, except brisbane/queensland

You wanna try living in Perth. :roll:

n00dle wrote :
Best luck to you (and if you need a DJ and your parties are gonna be in bris, gimme a yell, i'll play psy, heavy or soft, or chillout, for free, and help in setting up etc etc.)

Same here if you don't mind listening to a set of 95-98 classics (still working on getting together enough new stuff).

sam i am

:lol: funny thread

indoor party last weekend

outdoor party this weekend

indoor party next weekend

tits on Fire (in NNSW of course) after that

Infected indoors after that

free outdoor the weekend after that

there are plenty of parties
Gun-Slinger

Yep , plenty right now And a few b4 the end of the year. THAT will change , it will revert back to the Destitute Psyless Town we where.

Im impressed with how many "parties" there are in the next 3 weeks , seems like an awsome way to kick off the newyear But Out of all the parties just been and soon to be , not many if any have been Outdoors in qld and i dont beleive for a second we will sustain this pace of Parties for much longer.

Sam i am , "indoor party last weekend

outdoor party this weekend

indoor party next weekend

tits on Fire (in NNSW of course) after that

Infected indoors after that

free outdoor the weekend after that" - Out of all those partys Not one is outdoors in qld ( im not sure about The free outdoor , having heard anything bout it yet). :) Vector is most likely nrth nsw ,Tits is and u posted 2 indoors .... Thanks for proving my point. :lol:
sam i am

Gun-Slinger wrote :
Yep , plenty right now And a few b4 the end of the year. THAT will change , it will revert back to the Destitute Psyless Town we where.

Im impressed with how many "parties" there are in the next 3 weeks , seems like an awsome way to kick off the newyear But Out of all the parties just been and soon to be , not many if any have been Outdoors in qld and i dont beleive for a second we will sustain this pace of Parties for much longer.

that's right, it's called "party season"

how long have you been around these parts?

I swear there's been parties at least every 2nd weekend since August

granted not all of them were outdoors, but I'm guessing at least half were

maybe you need to meet a few more people. You might find the rest of em?

Kaneda

NYE - Outdoors QLD

Shmerkaba - Outdoors QLD

R.S.Anarchy - Outdoors QLD

...those are three that have been on in the past month or two...

upcoming outdoors QLD events...

Vector Feb 12th

Convergence March 11th-13th

...If you include all the indoors - thats a whole lot going on in QLD... As if the border really matters anyway!

sam i am

who's doing Convergence?

yawnthesleepy

since earl of fnord every party i have been to that is not in qld or nnsw has been almost a waste of time...

i notice that the reason i fell back in love with doofing in 2003 (after being disillusioned by bad music and high concentration of druggos* and drunkeds) was qld parties and the ridiculously high concentration of beautiful people with beautiful intentions.

since earl of fnord i've been checking out the psy trance "scenes" of other places and have concluded that none of them come close to capturing the magic of a qld or nnsw party. if i was in these places, i think i would retire from regular doofing.

and think about it, it's as easy to get to most nnsw parties from bris as it is anywhere else... that's the beauty! we have our indoors that can cater for when it's too much to leave the city, and we can go north or south or west at equal distances to get to the outdoor parties.

i for one have sent myself ridiculously broke because there have been too many UNMISSABLE parties... and EVERY qld party i have been to has had magic and beauty and high musical and visual standard.

i like the idea that the right kind of people will find doofing, the ones who see how special it is and how lucky we all are to have it. so yeah, they should be open to ALL KINDS of people, but the right kinds will be more likely to follow the syncronicities... but then if we want to make them open and accessible to everyone (like festivals and stuff) we lose the concentration of like-levelled people, and the doof loses some of the magic.

but then again, i wouldn't complain if more outdoor parties were held. i would rejoice! then i could have CHOICE in the ones i attended, rather than being forced by the strong hand of QUALITY PSY to make it to every one...

*druggos being used as a derogatory term towards those who go to doofs to get off... not intended as insult towards entheogens...
Pi_Rate

Gun-Slinger wrote :
Vector is most likely nrth nsw .... Thanks for proving my point. :lol:

EDITED BECAUSE I REALLY SHOULDN'T TAKE BAIT.

Perhaps this "destitute psyless town" just doesn't deserve a righteous partae animal like yerself cOWBOY.

:thumb: :exactly: :thumb: :exactly: :thumb: :exactly: :thumb: :exactly:
Last edited by Pi_Rate on Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaneda

sam i am wrote :
who's doing Convergence?

Paula Bad 8)

...at the all time favourite spot...

volt

^^^ YAY ^^^

sam i am

oh is that what it's gonna be called? :oops: oops

Pi_Rate

3 bEERS FOR pAUL. :!:

sIP sIP
hOORAY.
:clap:

Tyssen

yawnthesleepy wrote :
but then if we want to make them open and accessible to everyone (like festivals and stuff) we lose the concentration of like-levelled people, and the doof loses some of the magic.

Sounds a bit elitist to me.

OnlyPsychedelic

u guys are fucking funny.
deeds not words.

Kaneda

:headphones: "Lalala - I can't hear you!"

..."Unless you're talking about more parties of course..."

TweeKUniT

There are no outdoor paries in qld is a bit generalised i would say. Having personally attended at least at least 2 per month for the last 3-4 years, i think u may have to eat ur words...or move to Cairns :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, i couldnt resist :twisted:

Gun-Slinger

The title of the Thread was just meant to be eye catching , dont take it so literally.... If u actually read my post ud see i didnt make the Generallization that there was Absolutely no psy. Btw - are u from cairns Tweekunit ?? Because that was not part of my argument for qld , u guys have outdoors every weekend just about!!!

Pi_rate - Is is that time of the month ?? U get upset really easily :D
The only pratical solution u offer Pi_rate is To move ..... U must have missed the overall context of my post , MORE DOOFS IN QLD ( Or sustaining The pace we set for ourselves at newyear's , because come March its going to dry up again), not more psyheads in brizzy moving to greener pastures.

Thanks to all those who took the time to voice there opinions , some clever arguments have been put forward :wink:

Marsoups

Gun-Slinger wrote :
The only pratical solution u offer Pi_rate is To move ..... U must have missed the overall context of my post , MORE DOOFS IN QLD ( Or sustaining The pace we set for ourselves at newyear's , because come March its going to dry up again), not more psyheads in brizzy moving to greener pastures.

Hey man, why be so negative, March has got plenty of gigs happening in it, and April has the spring equinox and no doubt in a month or two you'll be hearing about more parties that people are putting on. There are people that have been away for a while but they be putting on a few smaller outdoor gatherings, so you can count on there being a fair few gatherings happening, just wait it'll happen..

Consider that SE Qld is quite highly developed, with the highest urban sprawl anywhere in Australia... That makes good outdoor sites that won't annoy neighbours, very, very difficult to find.,,

If you really want to doof to doof doof doof every weekend you should just drive to N NSW, that's where it's all happening.... People in Sydney drive 2 hours + to their sites, so why can't u ?

Dazrae

QUOTE *from vector*:

"Hey - you can tell this party is in the wrong state, it has lighting and sculpture and visuals!!"

ROFL - queensland may not have partys every single week, but BAZEESUS the production shits all over 70% of NNSW parties!! Everyone one is nearly an event!

PS thx polysonic for another rip-snorting performance

Gun-Slinger

Yep , totally agree with yah Dazare ..... Qld may have less but the organization and love that goes into them surpases nsw doofs.

Marsoups ive ceased arguing this point.... Imo it will dry up a bit ( because Nsw/Qld has had soo many parties recently ) but we will see. I think There will be more parties this year than last year , that im sure of. How many are going to be in qld , we shall see.

And ive never heard of a doof thats 2 hours close , Vector was 2 and a half and thats the closest doof ive ever been to. We qld's must drive 5 hours on average for doofs... Thats a bit different than a short 2 hour drive.

yawnthesleepy

Gun-Slinger wrote :
We qld's must drive 5 hours on average for doofs... Thats a bit different than a short 2 hour drive.

It's an unfortunate matter that i think qld promoters really take into consideration - but where are any safe doof sites close to Brisbane? People are seriously working on finding functional sites that are close to home... if someone finds some , i'm sure outdoors would happen more often.
Gun-Slinger

I have a few mates out west and there trying to show me some spots , so far none have been up to standard .....

Im wondering why no one looks out there , is there no spots or something ??

Im looking , and im hoping ill find one , there is sooo much land out there ( only problem is that alot of it is unpleasant srcub) . Peoples should look in a 2 hour radius from brisbane for new spots , not just down south or up north .... I am :D

PsyGecko

Marsoups im in agreement.
The Bellthorpe site and its latest problems. Perfect example Urban Sprawl at its greatest. 8)

GS what are these illusive sites? out west less than 2 hours away? have you checked them for viablility?

Chris
85 posts Page 2 of 4