***EMERGENCY IN QLD*** THERE IS NO OUTDOORS !!

Queensland Forums (Brisbane etc) - Upcoming Events, Lifts, Scene Discussion & more.
85 posts Page 3 of 4

Pi_Rate

PsyGecko wrote :
The Bellthorpe site and its latest problems. Perfect example Urban Sprawl at its greatest. 8)

i thought the issue had nothing to do with urban sprawl, more of a new redneck neighbour issue. :?:

Sites out west are possible, just tend to be less lush.

Marsoups

Pi_Rate wrote :
PsyGecko wrote :
The Bellthorpe site and its latest problems. Perfect example Urban Sprawl at its greatest. 8)

i thought the issue had nothing to do with urban sprawl, more of a new redneck neighbour issue. :?:

Sites out west are possible, just tend to be less lush.

urban sprawl is killing it, killing it all :verymad:

I could deal with a less lush site for a doof, just means the tunes will have to be doubly good :twisted:

PsyGecko

Pirate - yes i have heard of the crazy redneck that resides adjacent to said site. DAMN HIM!! Wasnt the solstice bust up as a direct result of said redneck??

Less lush isnt a bad thing. Theres something about being in wide open spaces in a certain state of mind..... :shock:
beardedfrog

Gun slinger, you have opened the unwanted shit can of the dead or dying Outdoors psy scene on this side of the border, Some valid points are present for both sides to this debate.
But i do believe there is one point that hasn't been touched on nearly enough.....THE LOVE OF IT...
We all want the best parties to partake in....(quality)
We all want to experience and live in the world of PSY, be it for 1 night once a year or every weekend of the year....(quantity)
We all want some immaculate force of well being, riviting sounds, good karma, powerful light and eternal energy. All of which are experienced at ground level. EARTH !!!! Why don't we have some combined action from several crews??????
Surely this would mean quality and quantity.Everybody get ya heads out of your arses and become 1.. -FOR THE LOVE OF IT-

Pi_Rate

Well said.

i think you will experience this kind of joy at convergence.
:D

Gun-Slinger

PsyGecko is a wanker. He smokes penis for money

And for pleasure

:D

PsyGecko

:roll:

Gun-Slinger

:roll: :lol: :roll:

sam i am

Gun-Slinger wrote :
Vector was 2 and a half and thats the closest doof ive ever been to.

shit man, where do you live? If it's Brisbane, you need a car that does the speed limit - Wooyung is only an hour & a half away

BTW, if you don't wanna have to drive so far to parties, don't live in the city!!! :idea:

Pi_Rate

New Moon Saturday April 9
CY
Kaneda
Dj Si Kwik Kid
Symbiotek
Sam i Am vs Scozbor
UberDJ MoMo

Live Satellite transmission via Tesla coil
DJ ECT- Direct from London
(aka MrJolly Phantasm Records, Apoxina Records, Optica Records, Sphere Records, Psychic Deli, Subterranean)

TKCB visuals. Pi_Rate video installation, with Oko T & Enchanted Forest.

Beach Site Confirmed. 4WD Access only.
About a 1 hour drive from the CBD...
close enough for you GunSlinger???

Krishna_kuts

fuck yeah! that looks awesome pi_rate. are we talking north or south coast???
put that in your pipe eh slinger.
mk-ultra

beardedfrog wrote :
Why don't we have some combined action from several crews??????
Surely this would mean quality and quantity.Everybody get ya heads out of your arses and become 1.. -FOR THE LOVE OF IT-

well this is exactly what PsyPneumatix and Electric Forest are doing for the Triptych gig on the 24th April.
There is loads of space down in Northern NSW, understanding local landowners/communities and a solid outdoor crew. SE Queensland has 75% of the state's population and an ugly police culture.
If you can't track down decent venues in QLD take a trip over the border.....

Kaneda

It's almost as if people think that the border poses relevence...

Marsoups

the border is a 5m wide barbed-wire fence, patrolled by a bunch of nazi snipers, is it not ?? And things are greener in Qld ;P

God favours the Qld side of the border doesn't he?

mk-ultra

Kaneda wrote :
It's almost as if people think that the border poses relevence...

It does that's why I crossed it permanently in 1999.

Compare, for instance, the experiences of doofers at Exodus....

So many complaints from redneck shopkeepers and shoppers over the border at Stanthorpe, and friendly welcoming people at Tenterfield saying the event was good for the town.

I have nothing against any other state but you have to accept that QLD has the worst hangover from the Bjelke Petersen years, including anti drug propaganda, draconian laws, and a core of self righteous conservative rural voters coupled with an inbred intolerance of alternative culture. All of this goes against the agenda of the outdoor party scene.

I cannot stress how different the mentality is in NNSW, and how different the culture..

mk-ultra

as a second thought:

If the border poses no relevance

Then the subject of this thread is meaningless :wink:
Tiano

Hello, I am a Sydney sider have been here for years and to be honest with you the scene in Sydney has never been better in terms of quality of music. I went to a free party in a club in Taylor Square last weekend and I swear it was the best indoor trance party I have been to in my entire fucking life. However, I have invested the better part of $20000 in an awesome sound system, but the problem that I have got with Sydney is competition in events, there are too many trance promoters in the Sydney scene and it will be hard to get a name for myself and a regular venue or whatever, I am also interested in outdoor parties, but I heard that the cops are real Nazis in Queensland and I am worried they would confiscate my sound system, is this a likelihood? Please someone write back to me and tell me what the score is, do I want to move to Queensland and put on parties up there I do I want to be boring and stay in shiity old Sydney? :? :?:

sam i am

The cops would confiscate your equipment after the third noise complaint. Standard operating procedure. Finding a site is tough.

mk-ultra wrote :
I have nothing against any other state but you have to accept that QLD has the worst hangover from the Bjelke Petersen years, including anti drug propaganda, draconian laws, and a core of self righteous conservative rural voters coupled with an inbred intolerance of alternative culture. All of this goes against the agenda of the outdoor party scene.

I cannot stress how different the mentality is in NNSW, and how different the culture..

yes, but this doesn't necessarilly make one better than the other does it? Brisbane has always had a punky feel to it as a result of the shitty police state it is located in.. I quite like it. NNSW is great & all but hippies can be so damn apathetic :P

MeowTron

if you build it....
they will come.....

MeowTron

oh yeah another thing...
you don't need a crazy fuck off sound system to put on a decient partay...
crazy fuck off sound systems are cool...but thats when you start to get into noize complaints....permits all that shit..
if you wanna see more doof in your hood...GET UP OFF YOUR ARSE and do something about it.
it isn't that hard...it an't easy...but it's not hard ...when you get the ball rolling..
get some mates and some records ,cds,synths and laptops together...all chuck in 100 bucks(which is easily what you can spend on a night out anyway) 4 sound and light or wot ever. find a nice spot, and look at it as a nice picnic out in the woods...
and who knows you might just pull of a phat partay.

SubStance

If anyone organises a outdoora... count me in..... I'm in newcastle and have rocked many a dancefloor.... So if any organises want DJ's that play rockin up to date Night time or sunrise music count me in.... Our last party is up in the reveiw section... Beyond all our imaginations

sam i am

:lol:

I'm glad this emoticon is available here

Spana

hello!
i've just moved from Syd and am all alone in big bad doofless QLD. SOOO!!! disapointed that there are no NYE parties!
Ive been a part of some great parties (organising) and if y'all serious perhaps anyone who has anything to offer, sites, talent (Dj,firetwirler etc...), decore (you just have to be creative and have a bit of time) The fabled hundred bucks would help for the necessities, and a good attitude.
Then lets meet.
Get off your buts if you want to party. I live in Ashgrove in Bris and can offer a venue for meetings or if anyone can think of a more convienient place i'm into that too.
Call me on 0410226275

karra

but there is NYE parties?

Spana

Well i've been searching for a party to no avail. the only option i see is to travel to syd or melb. and we get our shit together for the after new year lag.
85 posts Page 3 of 4